- Senior Software Engineer/Firmware Engineer at Various Personal Inventions - Freelance Software/Embedded Firmware Engineer
- Senior Software/Embedded Firmware Engineer at RiskBand
- Advisory Software Engineer at IBM
- Staff Software/Firmware Engineer at Medtronic/Covidien
1 year at this Job
- Certified - LabView development certification I, II
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science and Engineering
- Minor - Mathematics
Lead Firmware Engineer: January 2016 – January 2019 · Effectively upgraded production firmware in C for PIC microcontrollers to extend battery life and improve customer experience · Developed firmware for new wireless charging system o Programmed both Tx and Rx systems to reliably charge AgZn batteries wirelessly o Patented a communication protocol to ensure consistent and secure 2-way communication · Translated R&D’s charge algorithm into efficient code for charging AgZn batteries · Proved compliance to relevant regulatory standards during annual ISO audits · Managed two groups of consultants to produce working prototypes and production ready products · Directed electrical Hardware Design Reviews to ensure boards would work upon arrival
- Firmware Engineer at ZPower
- Test Engineer at ZPower
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Enhanced LCD-based user interface for solid-state freezer system. Made improvements to existing base of SMBus/I2C interface with control microprocessor. Developed a plan for management to move toward a more rigorous testing and development process. Bare metal, C. SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER (short term contract) Laird Technologies, Durham, NC Design, implement, and test firmware for medical, commercial, and industrial cooling systems. Work with other firmware, systems, mechanical and electrical engineers to develop diagnostics and control algorithms. Developed a simulated sensor input scheme to assist myself and other firmware engineers to design and test firmware during hardware prototyping. Development in C, with some Qt work in C++.
- SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER at Phononic
- SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER at Elster/Honeywell
- SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER at Device Solutions
- SENIOR EMBEDDED FIRMWARE ENGINEER at Static Control Components
1 month at this Job
- B.A. - Mathematics
Worked closely with hardware engineer to bring up new server platform. Mainly utilized I2C, IPMB protocol to retrieve data from server board components such as CPU, memory, power supply, fan, etc. Developed new features on ARM based processor. Worked with Open baseboard management controllers firmware.
- Firmware Engineer at SUPERMICRO COMPUTER INC
- Instructors student assistant at San Jose State University
- Technician/IT at US Digitek Crop
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Computer Engineering
- B. S. - Computer engineering
Embedded Software and Firmware Engineer working for Indra Sistemas' ticketing department. Coding, bug fixing and code maintenance using mainly C and C++ programming languages for ticketing transporting projects. Collaboration in several projects, both national and international.
- Embedded Software and Firmware Engineer at Indra Sistemas, on behalf of Bapsys Consulting
- Avionics Software Engineer at Airbus D&S, on behalf of Orbital Critical Systems
- Embedded Software and Firmware Engineer at Indra Sistemas, on behalf of Exceltic
- Software Engineer Internship at Airbus Helicopters
10 months at this Job
- Master - Master in On-Board Computer Systems on Aircrafts
- BS - Major in Electronics Engineering and Automatics
Design, implement, and test firmware to control motion and instrumentation.
- Firmware Engineer at Agilent Technology
- Hardware Design Engineer at Hewlett-Packard
- Materials Engineer at Hewlett Parkard
29 years at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
Software, Development Environment, and Embedded Micro Controller Experience:
C, Object-oriented C++, Embedded Processors (TI Sitara AM5728, Beaglebone Black, Beagleboard-X15, Analog Devices 218x, OAK DSP, TI TMS320C6x, Freescale HC16, 68332, MCORE), MATLAB, Embedded Linux, WinCE, Git, TFS.
Firmware Engineer - Baker Hughes, a GE Company - Houston, TX - Feb. 2012 to Present
• Adapted the BeagleBoard-X15's Debian-based BSP to a custom hardware board for a new product for the oil production market. Modified the Linux boot loader, kernel, and device tree to bring-up Linux and enable an expanded set of peripherals (e.g. RS485) on the custom hardware board. Supported testing of a .Net-based, C# application running in mono-runtime for Linux by making OS images with the necessary functionality and peripherals available as needed to the software team. Participated in Agile daily standups and tracked progress in Jira.
• Helped to characterize the communication channel in a test well for a new product. Analyzed the signal-encoded data sent from a down-hole test well. Computed FFT's and spectrograms on the data acquired at the well's surface using MATLAB to help choose optimal bands for signaling, candidate DSP detection methods, and an embedded Linux platform with adequate MIPS. Distributed documents containing plots and analysis of the results to a larger team.
• Designed and implemented firmware enhancements for a directional drilling tool for a new drilling service. The drilling tool's firmware was enhanced to compute and telemeter new corrected magnetic field measurements to a surface computer. Implemented in C for the directional tool's micro controller and then tested with MATLAB and LabView. Subsequently handed-off the prototype firmware to contractors to fix system level bugs to ready the firmware for release. Provided technical guidance and helped establish the contractors' project plans, schedules, and priorities.
• Modified the firmware in a vendor's fluxgate magnetometer to allow it to handle dynamic variations in bias and scale factor while drilling. Worked with directional drilling experts and the vendor to refine the algorithms. Lab tested in a simulation environment with LabVIEW-based tools. Supported system integration, field trials, and release.
- Firmware Engineer at Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Software Engineer - Ultra Electronics 3eTI at Aerotek
- Software Engineer at Smiths Detection, Plc
- Member of Technical Staff - DSP Software Engineer at Digital Receiver Technology, Inc
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Digital Filter Design
• Develop software/firmware code for data conversion and analysis. Reverse Engineer engine firmware characteristics in C.
• Work with OBD engineering team to collect, analyze and improve calculated engine ECU sensor data parameter performance.
• Simulate and debug embedded device with custom build firmware for correct data calibration.
- Firmware Engineer Intern OBD at CalAmp
- Technical Services Intern at Bird Rock Systems
- Embedded System Software Engineer at Innovatech Systems
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Communications Engineering
• Atmel ATMega128. ATMega32, ATtiny417 MCUs, ASF, IR, Bluetooth, LAN Radio.
• Embedded C firmware for sensor data concentrators and data repeaters.
- Firmware Engineer at Maztech Industries
- Senior Hardware Firmware Engineer at VANCE and HINES
- Entrepreneur at Employment at University California Irvine
- Senior Software Engineer Sustaining at RED DIGITAL CINEMA
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
- EDD - Irvine
* Designing, porting, developing code, validate/testing, debugging, maintenance of software system, developing software for wireless protocols including: Z-Wave, ZigBee, Bluetooth (BLE and classic), RF4CE and IEEE 802.11 - Wi-Fi. * Creating a software design and performing peer reviews. * Designing Flash memory mapping for various microcontrollers. * Knowledge and experience with Bootloader, OTA, flash memory mapping, and electronics interfacing with microcontrollers. Bluetooth (BLE & Classic) stacks/applications. * Experience with LCD, Segments display, GPIO, PWM, LED timer'sgenerator, Real Timer clock, Serial, CAN, SPI, SCI, USB, I2C, RS323, Parallel and UART. * Test/Validate software for various Android systems (N, O, P), iOS, IPad, IPhone, Android mobile. * Experience with 8 KHz/16KHz audio (Google search), Bluetooth, RF4CE and IEEE 802.11 protocol. * Coding in Assembly, C/C++ application by using IAR workbench, Microsoft Visual Studio, ATMEL STUDIOS (8 bits, 16 bits, 32 bits micro-controllers, ARM Cortex M), developing low level HW drivers and RTOS. * Experience with C, C++, MATLAB, Java, Python, Ada. * Experience with various microcontrollers: 8051, ARM, TI, ST, FreeScale, ATMEL, SAMSUNG, MOTOROLA, Broadcom, CSR. * Hands on use of debugging tools such as bus analyzers, digital analyzer, Audio tuning tool, oscilloscopes, and BLE sniffers, JTAG, I-JET, Open Ice, J-Link, GCC and ARM Keil, and others. * Collaborate with electrical and mechanical engineers on the implementation process to understand hardware and software interactions. * Work with both local and overseas firmware teams to guide and coordinate the firmware development effort based on defined architecture. * Participate in the full lifecycle of the software design process of consumer electronic devices from concept to mass production. * Interface with hardware design and development. * Developing unit test(s). * Experience with Bitbucket, Jira, Windows, and Linux
- Firmware Engineer at Universal Electronics, Inc
- IC Design Engineer at Ohtobahn Corp
- at McDonnell Douglas
19 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering