Ann Arbor Michigan
Medical Device Industry
Ann Arbor based startup company that designed a family of scalable platforms that fully integrate the entire molecular diagnostic process. The system fully integrates magnetic
particle affinity capture and real time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
2015 - 2018 Senior Firmware Engineer
● Architect, design, code, and test of real-time embedded software for the operation of a complex electromechanical medical system.
● Responsible for accurate thermal control for RNA/DNA replication and sensitive fluorescent imaging
● Modeled Thermal Subsystem using mathematical analysis for rapid heating
● Interfacing to the Servo Motor System.
● Multistage Self Shutdown heater protection in event of fluid leaks, missing interrupts, and a variety of conditions that could cause thermal runaway.
● Extensive Advance PID control system designs using Feed Forward and Boundaries
● Real world modeling, curve fitting, digital filtering techniques, reverse engineering
● Real Time Data event logging with post run analysis and data mining
● Collaborated with a multitude of disciplines such as Biochemistry, Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, Machinist, and Production. Electronic, Incorporated, Ann Arbor Michigan Vehicle Telematics & Infotainment Industry Lansing, Michigan based engineering firm that designs and manufacturers complex electronic systems via contract, but also has designed its own state-of-the art, in-dash information systems used in the public sector and trucking industries.
- Senior Firmware Engineer at NeuMoDx Molecular
- Senior Software Engineer at Production Software
- Senior Software Engineer at Telgen Corporation
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at
3 years at this Job
- Associates - Quality Education System for the Individual
- Associates - Time Management Seminar
San Diego, CA)
Various roles included throughout the years:
• Lead firmware architect/engineer for development of graphics driver. Managed a small team and led the design of the software architecture in the area of graphics firmware driver requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing. Functions were implemented for two different graphics chips by designing a Hardware Abstraction Layer which was designed to produce firmware independence from a particular chip. Documentation was provided to the users of this driver to provide instructions on using each chip in the most optimal way to take advantage of hardware acceleration provided by one chip but not the other. Product was delivered on time with minimal defects. Customer was very pleased with faster-than-expected performance from an older chip.
• Engineering Triage Lead: Led teleconference meetings with firmware engineers in Bangalore, India to coordinate engineering solutions to address customer concerns as a member of an engineering triage team. Responsible for helping to troubleshoot and problem solve product defects and determining whether a perceived defect was in fact user error or a software defect. Genuine engineering defects were forwarded to engineers via JIRA to debug and fix on a future release.
• Analyzed requirements, designed, and coded various firmware modules for digital cable/satellite TV set top boxes residing in an embedded, real-time, multitasking environment using VRTX and other RTOSs for real-time embedded systems. Often consulted with various Motorola design teams around the country to coordinate the design and implementation of APIs and systems requirements. Familiar with MPEG2, DVB Transport Stream Protocols.
• Used JTAG connected in-circuit emulators to debug low-level firmware using various debugging strategies including stepping through every assembly instruction, breakpoints, frame stack analysis, function call back-tracing, etc.
• Designed and coded the Graphic User Interface for various diagnostic and information screens using HTML/CSS. Created an original character set bitmap to display various languages within our bare-bones browser implementation.
• Implemented low-level firmware for control of tuning hardware for satellite TV set top boxes.
• Designed and executed Test Plans and Test Procedures for various products from unit testing, module testing, to system testing.
• Maintained Red Hat Linux to write/maintain Python test cases.
• Maintained a test rack to implement Continuous Test/Continuous Integration for firmware deliverables. The system provided daily reports of defective test cases for the different builds on multiple units under test. Manual smoke-tests were performed for test cases which required user feedback/action for high level testing from a user experience perspective.
• Bug tracking through JIRA
• Digital Six Sigma, TL-9000 Compliance Implemented
- Software/Firmware Engineer at Google
- Member of Technical Staff at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
- Software Engineer at BAE Systems
21 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Analysis & Design
- - Project Management
- B.S. - Computer Science & Engineering
Onyx II Project - Lead Firmware Engineer
• Part of a cross-discipline team for determining best choices for design changes with consideration to hardware, electrical, and firmware impacts
• Firmware updates to the previous Onyx version with Scheduler changes stemming from hardware additions
• Firmware changes to the Liquid Level Detection algorithm to combat bubble issues in specialized containers Tamesa Project - Lead Firmware Engineer
• Lead a team which created firmware and software by combining all information from Lea and Apache Projects successfully building several prototype analyzers for client utilization in chemistry process development and allowing the client to secure external funding
• Embedded state machine "Scheduler" from Apache prototype design to improve robustness of instrument Lea Project - Lead Firmware Engineer
• Successfully delivered prototypes after being injected as Lead Firmware Engineer to rebuild client relationship and deliver feasibility product for client testing
• Create DAC driver and Power Enabler controllers in a high utilized object oriented coding environment
• Work with client to establish Interface Software Spec for client software to control BIT instrument
• Retrofit BIT software to utilize new devices and communicate using newly established specification
• Create tool for testing Interface Apache Project - Lead Firmware Engineer
• Successfully delivered prototype units by utilizing existing platform devices to help create a prototype instrument in accelerated time frame from initial concept to delivered feasibility prototypes
• create generalized testing platform (python based) for unit testing new devices speeding up the software development process
• create specialized python based testing tool to run the instrument process and allow creating any process based on the instrument state machine (for client use in developing assays)
• continual support on prototype machines with differing configurations Onyx Project - Lead Firmware Engineer
• Effectively transition floor standing medical product with several rotors and pipette arms from inception to Pilot builds on a 2.5 year accelerated pace (working from a partially tested platform of hardware and software to shorten development time)
• Developed Firmware Requirements from conceptual knowledge of the proposed product's use case using underdeveloped systems requirements as a guideline
• Responsible for all Firmware Architecture, Firmware Design Documents, Unit Test Documents, and Interface Communication Software Documentation
• Managed Engineering resources (personnel and equipment)
• Created code for 9 independent General Module boards running Free RTOS in a Priority Task environment utilizing State Machines from simple to complex designs needing highly coordinated movements to run a specific chemistry while just as important, allowing devices to exceed general requirements which provided capabilities for unforeseen research and development efforts saving time and money R940 Project - Firmware Engineer
• Complicated Scheduler for running tests
• Created DC Motor Drivers for mixing paddles
• Common code bug fixes affecting all product lines
- Senior Firmware Engineer at Source Scientific/BIT USA Inc
- Senior Firmware Engineer/Unix Administrator at Sony Electronics
- Software Engineer at HRD Info Sys
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Physic - Computer Science and Physic
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry - Biochemistry and Cell Biology
• Develop firmware for Radio Access Unit which controls and configures the RF chipset.
• Develop Multi-RAT radio s/w resource management.
• Driver development for RFFE and Digrf MIPI Interfaces.
• Participate in modem s/w bring ups and debug/triage.
- Firmware engineer at Intel
- System Validation Engineer at Intel
- System Performance Engineer at Qualcomm
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- MS - Wireless Embedded Systems
- MS in Electrical Engineering - architecture
Develop PIC32 Firmware (C/C++) for Fitness equipment consoles Develop Constant Power algorithm for fitness program
- Firmware Engineer at (local company)
- Systems Engineer at Indice Semiconductor
- Software Engineer at Eaton Corporation
- Hardware Engineer at Eaton Corporation
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- M.S. - Electrical Engineering
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
Developing firmware in C and C++ for ARM Cortex A9 on embedded Linux for Integrated Management Modules on Lenovo ThinkSystem servers. Certificate signed production builds lead. Secure System development; ethical hacking, U.S. lead. Tools: GCC C++ compiler, Bash, Python, Git, Eclipse, CygWin, JIRA, Bugzilla, Coverity static analysis.
- Firmware Engineer at Lenovo / CTG
- Firmware Engineer at Renesas / Aerotek
- Firmware Engineer at Schneider Electric / Volt
- Principal Firmware Engineer at Itron Inc. / The Select Group
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- A.S. - Electronics
Providing Firmware Solution for Cloud Service Data Center. * Design Microcode Engine which is used with GPU alike to pass operation command for Data Center to Storage NAND in Distributed Operating System. * Scheduler to support multitask slice time control, IPC (inter processor communication) etc. * DMA (Direct Memory Access) with LDPC and BCH. * Command Dispatcher for SSD in Cloud Servicer Data Center. * Design Power Control Algorithm for the SSD system. * Design Microcode including Get Feature, Read ReTry, SoftBitRead, Distribution Read, Read ID, Read Unique ID, Read Parameter Page, Read Temperature Sensor, Multi Parameter Overload, CE Reduction, Power Control, FC Test and Control Status. * Debug Microcode in RTL level with DVE tools. * Design micro code for CIU and Soft interrupt. * Design micro code for CEU timer. * Design Firmware Testing at Xtensa LX7 including micro coding for all subsystem registers. * Validation of Firmware such as Codeword Plane Boundaries Crossing (CPBC) in Distributed Operating System.
- Firmware Engineer at Toshiba
- Senior Software Engineer at SanDisk
- Senior Software Engineer, Automation Testing Tool at NeoPhotonics
- Senior Software Engineer, Optical Switch-Part of Solution for Data Center, MEMS and Motion Control at Capella Intelligent Subsystems
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Middleware and Cloud Computing
• Developing firmware for the Control and Data Handling module
• Developing Commands that will read and write to SD card via flash memory and vice-versa via UART, SPI and I2C interfaces
- Firmware Engineer at Maxwell CubeSat
- Graduate Teaching Assistant for a Major course: Real Time Embedded Systems at University of Colorado at Boulder
- Firmware Lead at Solar Runner
- Student Teaching Assistant at Maximus Technolabs
2 months at this Job
- Masters in Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering - Embedded systems
• Develop chatbot applications using Microsoft LUIS
• Develop firmware for IoT applications
• Microsoft LUIS
- Firmware Engineer at Level Up Development
- Electronics Engineer at Envolve Engineering
- GIS Technician at Keller Schroeder
- Electrical Engineering Intern at Evana Automation Specialists
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
- - Mechanical Engineering & Drafting
- - Chemistry and Physics
- - Mathematics
• Developing many different aspects of the CGM transmitter firmware in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Developing BLE tools for transmitter communication
• Developing unit tests using Google Test and modifying source code to be more unit testable
• Implemented a continuous integration workflow using a Jenkins server residing in a cloud Docker container
• Primarily using C/C++ for the ARM Cortex-M4 in a Linux environment with Python 3 where applicable
- Firmware Engineer at Dexcom
- Software Engineer at Safran Power Units
- Student at Autonomous Car Project
- Firmware Developer Intern at KinoProject Health Research Group
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering