Fitness Center Manager
Snap Fitness Saint Paul, MN 2015-2017
• Represented the company as the first point of contact for all prospects and member needs by taking incoming calls, scheduling appointments, building membership sales, personal training sales and addressing any questions, conflicts or concerns.
• Managed the club’s entire membership profile while providing an exceptional variety of disciplines to ensure that all equipment, billing, facility maintenance and membership experiences were met efficiently.
• Assisted General Manager and Owner with Personal Training scheduling, inventory management, membership sales marketing, and supervising facility maintenance.
• Partnered with third party agencies to promote and market the company with the goal of increasing sales and club revenue, along with building a strong relationship with the community.
- Fitness Center Manager at Snap Fitness
- Customer Service Representative at Anchor Bank
- Senior Sales Associate at TCF National Bank
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Associate of Science in Biology - Management Experience
April 2016- August 2016 Regulated safe technique while using the facility and handled customer relations issues Fitness Center Manager l University of Redlands l Currently Employed Oversee gym memberships, safety, cleanliness. Open and close gym daily while upkeeping standards of Athletic Department
- Fitness Center Manager at Jump Patrol
- Warehouse assistant at Tucker Tire Co
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Psychology - Physical Education
- - coaching field
Responsible for the management of 31 employees. Managed facility maintenance. Responsible for all fitness center community outreach events. Responsible for the satisfaction of the 3,000 gym members. Assist with hospital new employee orientation.
• Managed the fitness center software conversion, saving the facility ~$10k.
• Oversaw the renovation of the aquatic center, kids club, and the group fitness room.
• Increased fitness center profitability 3%.
• Assisted in the implementation of Texas Health Huguley's "The Whole Care Experience".
- Fitness Center Manager at Texas Health Fitness Center Huguley
- Group Fitness Coordinator at Texas Health Fitness Center Huguley
- Group Fitness Instructor at Texas Health Fitness Center Huguley
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Manage 22 student workers
• Schedule and coordinate the use of the fitness center for 36 collegiate teams
• Maintain a clean and organized environment
- Fitness Center Manager at Lindenwood Rugby Team
- Assistant Coach at Lindenwood Rugby Team
- Professional Athlete at Lindenwood Rugby Team
- Recruiter/Admissions Counselor at Lindenwood Rugby Team
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Life Sciences - Exercise and Wellness
Manage the newly built LCC Fitness Center; including weight room, climbing facility, juice bar, and group fitness classes. Total staff include part-time and student help = 13. Collaborate with student life on events and activities, community climbing classes, and PE classes. Co-chair of wellness committee. Duties include financial and facility management of fitness center along with supervision and training of staff in all areas of the fitness center listed above. Collaborate with instruction as well as athletic divisions to instruct an Outdoor Skills, Climbing Class, and run strength and conditioning and mobility sessions for our men's and women's basketball program.
- Fitness Center Manager at LOWER COLUMBIA COLLEGE
- Co-Owner/Administrative Assistant at Fitness By DeZign
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist at SANFORD HEALTH
- Crossfit Coach at SANFORD HEALTH
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Health, Nutrition, and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Health and Fitness Administration
Managed Fitness Center and Staff. Responsible for increasing monthly income, meeting and exceeding budget goals. Conducted daily & weekly boot-camps and taught personal training for clients. Boosted organization morale via Health and Fitness challenges. Increased membership & income consistently for 15 months. Maintained a 100% Grade with the Health Dept. at Smoothie Bar. Marketed and sold vitamins and nutritional snacks & smoothies.
- Fitness Center Manager/Instructor at World Changers Church International
- Lead Communications Analyst at World Changers Church International
- Community Director at JAMCO Management
- Marketing Director/Lead Leasing Consultant at JRK Residential - Lake Ridge
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Mass Communication
• Implement and follow all Premise Health and Client(Ogilvy) policies and procedures as outlined in the Fitness Line of Service.
• Respond to member/guest suggestions, concerns, and complaints in a timely, professional, and consistent manner while providing the gold standard in customer service. Take ownership of challenges by finding the appropriate team member who can directly assist, if unable to provide efficient support to member/guest.
• Activate emergency action plans and administer first aid, as necessary.
• Has primary responsibility for full cycle human capital inclusive of hiring, coaching, motivating, scheduling, training, developing, evaluating, firing and assigning projects and workload to staff.
• Ensure staff is integrated into the Premise Health culture by incorporating the mission, values, and hospitality vision into regular activities.
• Ensure the staff is providing gold standard customer service and quality programming to the membership.
• Encourage and support staff to pursue advanced training, development and growth opportunities, and to apply for eligible job opportunities within Premise Health.
• Manage guest and/or membership complaints and respond to all comments within 24 hours via phone, email, fax or personal meeting (delegate when necessary.)
• Provide leadership to set the tone and personality of the site.
• Manage attrition at the site by making it a nice place to work.
- Fitness Center Manager at Premise Health
- Health and Wellness Director at Riseboro Community Partnership
- Metabolic Specialist at TMPL Gym
- Senior Clinical Exercise Physiologist at Comite Center for Precision Medicine
7 months at this Job
- M.S. - Kinesiology
- B.S. - Biology
Reporting to Vice President of Benefits and Compensation, oversee the daily operation of the World Headquarters Fitness Center. Hired, trained and managed over 25 fitness specialists, 30+ interns, 16+ therapists and hundreds of fitness instructors over tenure.
• Led the design and build out of the 37,000 sq. ft. fitness center. ◦ Negotiated critical elements and extra spends with CFO, successfully negotiating a basketball court, increased fitness space and additional shower space. ◦ Assisted with other site fitness center build-outs and programming.
• Achieve 80% enrollment rate, 67% participation rate and 93% retention rates on a yearly basis.
• Helped develop and promote the "Fit for Life" culture, infusing health and wellness products and programs throughout the entire company. ◦ The fitness culture is attributed to the successful retention and recruitment of employees. ◦ Introduced team-building programs including recreational basketball, cricket, soccer, tennis, mountain biking, cycling, golf and Frisbee. ◦ Collaborated with the company's President to "bring to life" the fitness culture; recommended food changes, promoted healthier choices and removed soda and vending machines.
• Recognized for introducing innovative programs for employees, continue to be a thought leader on health and wellness programs. ◦ Implemented prenatal education programs, meditation, eldercare and Feng Shui workshops.
• Introduced therapy programs: massage, acupuncture, physical therapy and chiropractic services.
• Provided thousands of employees with personalized fitness programs to improve their life and achieve their goals.
• Decreased overuse injuries by 44% by introducing and implementing a workstation ergonomics program. Performed over 1000 ergonomic assessments with a 98% success rate.
• Reduced on the job injuries by 34% and lost days of work due to injuries by 17% by introducing a stretching and work preparedness program for distribution center employees.
• Managed Rockport's two fitness centers.
- Fitness Center Manager at REEBOK INTERNATIONAL
27 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Physiology/Health Fitness
• Provided customer service and coaching to members and clients.
• Responded to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries.
• Prepared sales contracts and used online management software.
• Screened and recruited fitness instructors to teach classes at the facility.
• Oversaw the preventative maintenance staff, outside vendors, and external fitness instructors.
• Partnered with HR specialists and office managers to introduce wellness incentives to employees.
• Monitored and maintained more than 400 membership accounts.
- Fitness Center Manager at Onni Group
- Marketing Representative at Chiro One Wellness Centers
- Wellness Supervisor at Life Start Wellness Network
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Management
Lecture a Cardiovascular Fitness course where students were prescribed exercises based on the results of a fitness evaluation. Supervise 10-15 employees every semester during the evening hours at the Fitness Center, while developing training exercises for collegiate students and athletes seeking to improve their overall health and performance.
- Adjunct Lecturer/ Assistant Fitness Center Manager at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, (CUNY)
- Site Supervisor/ Assistant Coach at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, (CUNY)
- Administrative Clerk at Credit Suisse
- Paralegal at Reliant Realty Services, INC
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Legal Studies
- Minor - Physical Education and Health