August 2007 - September 2013 Perform accounting functions in the Fixed Asset Accounting Division. Fixed Asset Accountant * Perform monthly financial close process * Prepare, review and upload monthly accruals and reclass journal entries for multi markets * Reconcile FA Clearing, CIP and Asset accounts to the general ledger * Maintain and Reconcile Maintenance and Support Prepaid Amortization Schedule * Interfaced Multi-Million dollar invoices into Oracle Accounts Payable Sub-ledger * Process, record and reporting of various transactions involving fixed assets: ◦ Additions ◦ Transfers ◦ Retirements ◦ Adjustments
- Fixed Asset Accountant at MetroPCS Telecommunications, LLC
- Accounting Manager at Dallas Magazine partners
- General Staff Accountant at OUTSOURCE PARTNERS INTERNATIONAL, INC
- Account Analyst at TRINITY INDUSTRIES, INC
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Studies - Accounting
* Maintained fixed asset registers including adding/disposing of assets when needed. * Transferred, disposed, and recorded depreciation in Sage FAS and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne systems. * Researched variances with in asset subledgers. AMTRAK, Philadelphia, PA Invoice Analyst * Matched purchase orders to invoices and entered them into electronic payment system for payment and assisting with journal entries as part of month-end closing process. * Resolved purchase order, contract, and invoice payment discrepancies and documentation. * Charged expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries. DREXEL UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA Fixed Asset Accountant * Maintained computerized fixed asset records, and reconciled fixed assets accounts to general ledger. * Organized physical inventory of fixed assets, and recorded asset disposals in fixed asset module. GUARDIAN ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES, Bear, DE Staff Accountant * Utilized strong ability to focus on multiple projects while managing financial reports, records, and general ledgers, in addition to performed general bookkeeping. * Performed monthly bank and credit card reconciliations in an efficient manner. * Prepared reports and created schedules to be included in incurred cost submission report. VANGUARD, Wayne, PA Financial Processor * Interfaced with clients on daily basis, ensuring excellent customer service and effective communication when answering questions. * Processed requests, and clarified and validated paperwork to address client needs.
- Fixed Asset Accountant at CONTRACT EMPLOYMENT
- Customer Service Representative at PRUDENTIAL
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
Fixed Assets Accountant
• Review & Analyze $18 Billion of Fixed Assets
• Accounting for month end, quarter end and year end
• Maintain General Ledger for asset additions, transfers and retirements
• Reconcile fixed asset accounts and resolve discrepancies
- Fixed Asset Accountant at U-Haul
- Accounting Manager at Recovery Innovations, Inc
- Management Budget Analyst at Maricopa County
- Fixed Asset Accountant at RSC Rental Equipment
1 year at this Job
Go-to fixed-assets, cost accountant, controller proxy, and accounting applications super-user executing daily training, advising, and consulting with executive and ancillary management personnel including VP, controller, managers, and departmental personnel coeval governing net value $150MM assets appropriating cost-side accounting entries * Identify and verify project-associated 6,000+ assets values from $10K to $13MM including machinery and equipment, buildings, land, leasehold improvements, furniture and fixtures, and ancillary items subject to capitalization, reviewing budgeted capital expenditures approval documentation while ensuring appropriations aligning with sub-ledger and ERP sub/general ledger to properly capitalize compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, and internal policy * Promoted Inventory, Manufacturing, and MILL Accounting Manager integrating JD Edwards financial-side application component conversion instructing, informing, and coordinating accounting-knowledge-absent software technicians and manufacturing, production control, and engineering personnel achieving 100% successful deployment while consulting with finance vice president, accounting manager, and peripheral stakeholders * Monthly reconcile asset costs v. capital spends amending sub/ledger entries including assets life, class, locations, depreciation intelligence coincident data-entry employing JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Sage Fixed Asset application Systems establishing depreciation schedules affirmatively mitigating and correcting errors <180 days outstanding achieving in-line accumulated depreciation results * Quarterly conduct work-in-process inventory and inventory walk-through including visual count observations, data system-employed count comparison, and fixed-asset walk-through and impairment testing correcting errors 100% reconciling all accounts; Track ongoing capital projects and open inter/intra company orders concluding with completion to fixed-assets designations * Collaborate with Tuboscope president and MILL director prepared annual operating budgets departmental and division respective
- Fixed Asset Accountant at Tuboscope
- at Tuboscope
- Fixed Asset Specialist at Tuboscope
- Audit Assistant at Tuboscope
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Managed all accounting functions for fixed assets such as depreciation, disposals, fixed asset additions to Sage subledger, construction in progress (CIP) for new restaurants and remodels. Accrued use tax based on state sales tax regulations.
- Senior Fixed Asset Accountant at FOGO De CHAO
- Senior Accountant/Fixed Asset Supervisor at Grant Thornton
- at Grant Thornton
- Accountant at Grant Thornton
1 year at this Job
- B.B.A. - Accounting
• Performed monthly and quarterly global Fixed Assets roll-forward schedules
• Reconciled Fixed Asset ARO accounts (asset retirement obligations)
• Assigned and monitored spending on Capital Authorization Requests
• Process all Disposals of fixed Assets and Project Completion notices/Transfers
• Recorded asset additions, retirements, new depreciation book set-ups and forecasting cash needs for capital equipment
• Prepared monthly journal entries to record fixed asset activity
• Updated Quarterly all Federal and State tax books
• Prepare monthly Capital Spend report for management
• Run Monthly Depreciation
• Responsible for yearly inventory
- Fixed Asset Accountant at Chemtura Inc
- Intercompany Accountant at Chemtura Inc
- Global Operation Accountant at Pitney Bowes
- Operations Accountant (Internship Program) at Cendant Mobility
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
Senior Accountant for companies fixed assets ranging from an extensive fleet of vehicles to property items located at various sites within the US and Canada. Maintaining BNA fixed asset sub-system, updating additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation for booking of monthly GL transactions. Creation and review of CER's (Capital / Expense Expenditure Requests) for capital and expense purchase authorizations and compliance. Compiling monthly reconciliations of property accounts and rollforwards, both for GAAP and tax books (including Federal, State PC and State CA). Reviewing capital purchases for adherence to company policy. Assist division offices with property schedules for local taxing authorities.
- Fixed Asset Accountant at MV Transportation
- Senior Accountant at ENSCO PLC
- Staff Accountant / Fixed Asset Accountant at SEDCO
7 years at this Job
- - Finance, Accounting and Business
Responsible for preparation of spreadsheet reviewing fixed assets purchased over last three years. Oversee and coordinate jobsite fixed asset audit.
- Temp- Fixed Asset Accountant at Safway Atlantic, LLC
- Project Accountant at AECOM
- Accounting Supervisor at Turner Construction
- Controller at Boyson Inc
4 months at this Job
- BS - Economics & Finance
• Perform asset maintenance (capitalization, transfers, disposals, etc.) for multiple entities monthly.
• Accountable for reconciling the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger monthly for non-HGT entities monthly.
• Accountable for posting monthly journal entries from the business that include accruals, adjustments, and reclasses.
• Calculate and record capitalized interest monthly for capital projects that meet the policy requirements.
• Complete USCAN (United States and Canada) Fixed Asset metrics monthly for management.
• Create SAP internal orders based on requests submitted through the FAWE (Fixed Asset Workflow Engine) tool. I was also able to find a way to look up previously finalized requests when it was thought that there was no way to look up already completed requests. I am also responsible for managing the capital internal order's master data in SAP.
• Responsible for completing Ad-Hoc requests from tax department, internal auditors, and external auditors.
• Print and mail out asset tags to locations upon request.
• Independently designed, developed and delivered Fixed Assets SharePoint site and met 100% of deadlines ensuring the site was launched on time for all stakeholders.
- Fixed Asset Accountant II at SHIRE PHARMACEUTICALS
- Senior Accountant at GOLDBERG, WEINSTEIN & CO., INC
- Senior Accountant at MAIN LINE HEALTH
- Senior Accountant at RIGHT MANAGEMENT
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Preformed journal entries and recorded new asset acquisition, asset transfer, asset disposal and asset maintenance in PeopleSoft.
• Reviewed and determined if certain expenditure is capital or expense in their nature according to Company's Asset Management Policy set out in the International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Performed sub-ledger and general ledger reconciliation, account analysis.
• Prepared and analyzed monthly and quarterly financial statements and accounting reports.
• Prepared audit reports on a quarterly and annual basis per auditor requirements.
• Assisted with training new accountant in fixed asset accounting.
- Fixed Asset Accountant at Cineplex Entertainment LP
- Accounting Associate at Walmart Canada
- Fixed Assets Accountant at Compass Group Canada Ltd
- Senior Accountant at Flextronics Information Technology Co. Ltd
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Diploma - Business Accounting
- Bachelor of Science - Applied Accounting