October 2018- present)
Bloomberg L.P. is a privately held financial, software, data, and media company. Bloomberg L.P. provides financial software tools such as an analytics and equity trading platform, data services, and news to financial companies and organizations through the Bloomberg Terminal (via its Bloomberg Professional Service), its core revenue-generating product.
Fixed income analyst
• Member of CAST team. Team responsible to manage and maintain company's corporate and capital structure.
• Fast pace work environment with exposure to work with global team.
• Regular updates on fixed income assets in Bloomberg system.
• Maintaining company's subsidiary hierarchy information in system.
• Message mining on Global data
- Fixed income analyst at Bloomberg L.P
- Data Entry Clerk/mailroom at J Knipper and Company
- Receptionist at Transamerica Financial Advisors, Inc
3 months at this Job
- B.E. - Computer science
Reconciling and applying cash from trade and income settlements
● Performing other tasks as needed to support cash, reconciliation and maintenance processes
● Reconciling positions between systems and external parties
- Fixed Income Analyst at Pacific Life - Fixed Income Investments
- Financial Analyst (Consulting Assignment Complete) at Panasonic Avionics
- Composite Management Associate (Consulting Assignment Complete) at PIMCO LLC
- Senior M&A Associate (Consulting Assignment Complete) at Red Digital Cinema
1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Economics
o Worked collaboratively and individually within the Message Mining group to enhance a Bloomberg Terminal service. o Helped develop machine-learning software, aiming to improve an existing software which scrapes financial information from client inboxes. o Used ISPX, FICS, and Cast Tool to verify data, evaluate bond characteristics and classify sovereign entities and corporations.
- Derivatives/Fixed Income Analyst at BLOOMBERG LP
- Investment Specialist at MERRILL EDGE
- Sales and Marketing Intern at ATLAS SYSTEMS
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
- - International Economics and Business
- Fixed Income Analyst at Bloomberg
- Accounting Intern at Fortistar Capital LLC
- Customer Management Intern at Svenska Handelsbanken AB
- Equity Analyst Intern at Spartan Capital Securities, LLC
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Primary focus analyzing investment grade credits within the Great-West Life and Annuity Insurance Co.'s general account portfolio with an ALM investment mandate. Sectors - Materials, Industrials, and Utilities.
• Provide rating change recommendations and maintain industry knowledge/outlook on covered sectors. Investment Analyst
- Jr. Fixed Income Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Investment Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Lead Financial Analyst at CenturyLink
- Financial Research Analyst at S&P Global Market Intelligence
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
• Responsible for research and investment recommendations within the Autos (OEMs and Auto Suppliers), General Transportation/Industrials, Waste Services, REITs, and select Investment Grade Energy (E&P, Integrated, Refiner) sectors
• Perform fundamental analysis on Investment Grade, High Yield, and Leveraged Loan credits including financial models with projections, discounted cash flow analysis, internal ratings recommendations, and industry analysis to support recommendations
• Continually review outstanding recommendations including full annual reviews of credits held in the portfolio; consistently track news, earnings calls, third-party research, and rating changes
• Various ad-hoc projects including: creating an economic databook/chartbook with information on multiple economies and industrial subsectors, building Excel sheets comparing portfolio holdings to various indices with breakouts by subsector and asset class to help upper management better understand portfolio positioning, and producing various models/documents to compare internal ratings with external ratings and document procedures as they shift due to regulatory changes
- Fixed Income Analyst at Wells Fargo
- Fixed Income Research Associate at Fidelity Investments
- Investment Grade Credit Analyst Intern at UBS Global Asset Management
- Derivative Operations Intern at Wellington Management
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Cum Laude) - Finance
• Conduct daily P&L attribution analysis to substantiate +$10MM weekly revenue from interest-rate derivative portfolios
• Interpret market conditions and Greek risk measures (delta, gamma, theta, etc.) to monitor risk of outstanding positions
• Collaborate w/ trading desk, risk teams, technology, and operations to ensure accurate daily & monthly P&L reporting
- Fixed Income Analyst - Finance Division at Morgan Stanley
- Transfer Pricing Intern at PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Transfer Pricing Intern at Economics Partners
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting & Economics
• Reconciled multiple bond trade summary files to insure the integrity of both ledger and trade system data
• Investigated financial reporting breaks utilizing international risk management systems
• Interacted biweekly with global product controllers as well as mid and front office representatives to discuss solutions to financial reporting issues
• Queried, organized, and analyzed financial data from various internal reporting tools and information systems
- North American Credit Trading Fixed Income Analyst at J.P. MORGAN & CHASE
- Junior Representative of Judicial Board at PI KAPPA ALPHA INTERNATIONAL FRATERNITY
- Member, Energy and Financials Sectors at PENN STATE INVESTMENT ASSOCIATION
- Global Credit Trading Intern at J.P. MORGAN & CHASE
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Financial Accounting
• Performed credit and trading analysis on a multi-billion dollar corporate bond desk (team size – 6 people). Was responsible for the lead coverage of ~60 investment-grade firms within the Industrials, Basic Materials and Consumer Cyclicals sectors. Portfolio allocation to these sectors ranged from $800 million – $1.2 billion.
• Made daily recommendations to the senior portfolio manager concerning new bond issuance, buy/sell opportunities in the secondary market, and hedging circumstances. Analysis included consideration of;
➢ Company fundamentals: Credit metrics, capital & liquidity profile, growth trends, and sector outlook.
➢ Spread valuation: Pricing relative to treasury & swap rates, and concessions to comparable transactions.
➢ Portfolio investment strategy: Planned sector allocation, book spread, duration, and weighted-rating.
• Actively monitored my sectors’ market news, research and events. Regularly attended industry conferences and participated in 1-on-1 meetings with issuers’ management teams & sell-side research analysts.
• Wrote 4-page quarterly analyses that updated my credit opinion and earnings commentary for each company. Also created reports for rating actions, large stock price changes, and cash flow projections for firms that were more volatile or subject to credit-altering events (M&A, LBO, activist investors).
• Presented my investment ideas and credit opinions during a monthly senior management meeting (and call with Tokyo head office) to address more noteworthy items affecting the portfolio.
- Fixed Income Analyst - Industrials, Basic Materials & Consumer Cyclicals - Buy-Side at Mitsubishi UFJ Trust & Banking
- Associate Analyst - Financial Institutions Group - FIG at Moody's Investors Service
- Investment Banking Summer Analyst - Financial Strategy Group - Advisory at Citigroup
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Economics (magna cum laude)
Analyze fixed-income funds to be acquired into the SMIF portfolio starting with a top-down approach
that complements our funds economic outlook.
• Collaborate with other analysts throughout the semester to present a request for proposal to the CFAOC in a competition against other universities to win more capital for our fund.
• Work with a team of analysts to manage the portfolio and make allocation decisions that bring more value to the fund.
- Fixed Income Analyst at (SMIF) - CSUF
- Sales Associate at Friar Tux
- In-Store Manager at Sunglass Optical Gallery
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in Business Administration - Finance