• Committed zero trade errors over three years representing thousands of trades.
• Directly accountable for adding value and alpha to Fixed Income portfolios through best execution of trades.
• Responsible for helping Federated beat the benchmark for each of the past three years for all Treasury and MBS funds.
• Streamlined the futures rolls process reducing time from three days to one, utilizing excel VBA and Bloomberg.
• Simplified cash, liquidity, and paydown reports utilizing excel and Bloomberg API.
• Implemented straight through processing from our OMS to Tradeweb and Marketaxess.
• Execute US interest rate products including treasuries, agencies, TIPS, and MBS for Federated mutual funds.
• Execute derivative products such as listed futures and options, swaptions, and SEF traded US interest rate swaps.
• Build and maintain relationships with sell side sales people, traders, and analysts.
• Manage daily trading cash and calculate future cash flows from paydowns, maturities, corporate actions, subscription and redemption activity, and coupon payments for 20 mutual funds.
• Control all corporate action elections and bank loan reporting for High Yield portfolios.
• Use technical and fundamental analyses to determine and execute relative value trades and develop trade ideas.
• Collaborate with Portfolio Management to keep accounts in line with duration, sector, and yield curve calls.
• Assist Senior Trader in preparing meeting materials for Duration and Yield Curve Pod analysis.
• Provide Portfolio Managers, Strategists, and Analysts with immediate market news and commentary.
• Produce ad-hoc reports for Senior Traders and Portfolio Managers.
• Build and back test trading models.
- Associate Fixed Income Trader at FEDERATED INVESTORS, INC
- at FEDERATED INVESTORS, INC
- Trade Settlement Analyst at FEDERATED INVESTORS, INC
- Trade Settlement Analyst Intern at FEDERATED INVESTORS, INC
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance
* Responsible for the daily activities of the Trading Desk function, including efficient execution of securities transactions, bid and offer processing, and distribution of trading information to management and staff * Build & maintain strong relationships with the broker/dealer community to ensure best execution for our bank customers * Secure information on securities available for purchase from brokers/dealers for distribution to Investment officers * Monitor movement and trading patterns of individual securities and the fixed income markets to ensure our team is always aware of price changes or market disruptions * In charge of monitoring and reporting unmatched positions to avoid trace violations * Hold a Series 7, 52, and 63 License Investment Support Specialist, Banking Officer * Initiate a variety of data downloads and extracts for analytical support * Responsible for support, maintenance, and enhancement of processes * Work with departmental supervisors to develop new tools for improving processes and procedures * Oversee daily trade settlement process for member banks * Reconcile investment accounts to daily General Ledger * Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly annual activity and status reports for member banks
- Fixed Income Trader at TIB - The Independent BankersBank
- Treasury/ Cash Management at Collin Bank
- Safekeeping Analyst at Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas
- Bank Secrecy Act Analyst at Plains Capital Bank
8 years at this Job
- Masters - MBA
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Finance/Economics
Deliver best execution for the fixed income teams focusing on local bonds. Partner with the fund management teams to communicate relevant market color and news in an effective and efficient manner. Develop relationships and partnerships with the broker/dealer community. Lead reporting initiatives and share in handling administrative tasks for the trading/management teams as needed. Undertake daily dealing in the financial markets to manage liquidity positions. Invest excess cash balances to maximize returns while maintaining accurate daily liquidity forecast. Contact banks and brokers to collect interest rates, and invest accordingly to maximize the return of the portfolio. Prepare relevant reports and conduct thorough analysis.
• Identify investment opportunities and recommend investment ideas to portfolio manager.
• Communicate with fellow fixed income traders to promote collaboration and market awareness.
• Evaluate the market to discover ways to add value through alternative trading tools and products.
• Conduct rate analysis, portfolio analytics, capital, and funding usage.
- Fixed Income Trader at Portfolio Management
- Financial Planning & Budgeting Jr. Analyst at Banco León/Banco BHD León
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Project Management
- Bachelor's - Economics
· Lead PM on the Northern Ultra Short Fixed Income Fund (NUSFX) a flagship product for the firm with consistent performance on a 1yr, 3yr and 5yr basis ranked by Lipper. · Lead IG Trader for new issue and secondary axes covering corporate bonds, ABS, supranational, sovereign, and foreign agencies with focus on 3-15-year tenors. · Developed and implemented fund and separately managed accounts strategies with a focus on risk, portfolio composition and client liquidity needs. · Was responsible for actively managing key separately managed Institutional client relationships with various mandate strategies resulting in top-tier performance. · Successfully constructed client portfolios with various investment guidelines and liquidity needs. · Carefully constructed portfolios with a focus on duration, credit risk management and interest rate risk. · Interacted with Risk and Compliance to ensure portfolios remained within regulatory and risk parameters. · Active member on the credit strategy committee providing strategic guidance on credit opinions and investment ideas leading to positive impact on portfolio performance and strategies. · Proactively interfaced with high profile clients, key prospects, consultants and dealers to maintain and promote business development. · Actively contributed point of views both internal and external on changes and trends in the portfolios to ensure clients and internal partners understand current market strategies. · Interacted daily with the team of analysts discussing themes and recommendations to generate market leading investment performance for clients while remaining focused on investment parameters and client sensitives. accomplishments · Helped increase revenues by over $5mm annually by successfully winning new client business. · Generated $2.5b of new client assets and added $1.5b of assets from existing clients. · Successfully helped to grow the business to over $25b AUM. · Aided in the implementation of the new portfolio/trading platform-Aladdin Trading System. · Nominated to the Diversity and Inclusion Committee and the United Way 2018 Campaign.
- VP SENIOR-PORTFOLIO MANAGER and FIXED INCOME TRADER at NORTHERN TRUST GLOBAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Principal-Portfolio Manager and Credit analyst at SECURITY GLOBAL INVESTORS
- PORTFOLIO MANAGER and CREDIT ANALYST at HORIZON CASH MANAGEMENT LLC
8 years, 4 months at this Job
• Lead daily meetings that provided prior day, current market updates, and trade ideas
• Worked portfolio manager buy/sell orders in a professional and timely manner using best execution
• Investigated and resolved transaction settlement problems with brokers and custodians
• Developed and maintained relationships with sell side traders, sales people, and analysts
• Assisted in trading and maintaining $12 billion worth of high grade corporate assets
• Provided research and data collections to investment analysts and portfolio managers
- Sr. Fixed Income Trader, AVP - High Grade Corporate Bonds at Federated Investors, Inc
- Intermediate Data Analyst at Federated Investors, Inc
- Fund Accountant at Mellon Financial Corporation
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Execute principal and agency fixed income, equity, options and mutual fund trades for the broker dealer sales force.
• Book trades utilizing three different clearing firms consisting of RBC, APEX and COR.
• Monitor TRACE reportable debt securities for unmatched reports via FINRA TRAQS and document late submissions.
• Compile data regarding firm municipal debt executions via MSRB RTRS WEB and research trades not affirmed.
• Ensure proper set up and booking of new issue structured equity linked notes and monitor settlement.
• Process trade corrections submitted by the broker dealer sales force.
• Assist compliance with developing a more regulatory compliant trading environment firm wide.
• Handle trade comparison and settlement issues for fixed income, equity and options transactions.
- Senior Fixed Income Trader at Aegis Capital
- Verify and collect large trader attestations under the Securities Exchange Act at Credit Suisse Private Banking
- Perform FX transactions to convert sales credits to dollars at Capital Markets Fixed Income Middle Office
- Fixed Income Customer Execution Quality Manager at Pershing Division of Bank of New York Mellon
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
Researched, evaluated and executed trades for the bank and the registered representatives. Formulated trading strategy for the bank. Managed short-term individualized asset portfolio of $1.9B USD as Separately Managed Accounts targeted to high net worth clients with the objective of enhancing yields for client's specific needs. Ensured compliance with all risk limits based on internal and external regulatory requirements. Managed the daily operational cash to optimize the treasury. Established strong business relationships across product lines with traders to ensure best price execution. Negotiated placement characteristics for each financial instrument (Private obligations, CDs etc). Searched for opportunities in the local financial market to get the best deal by financial instrument. Managed and monitored loans and placement transactions, ensured that all due dates were met. Tracked market trends, evaluated trend analysis and forecasting of price trends to make business decisions. Established daily and monthly KPIs of activity for Capital Market Department and conducted presentation to senior management. Actively participated in the implementation of the process of the Capital Market Department.
- Fixed Income Trader at The Post Bank - Al Barid Bank
- Cost Analyst at Barid Al Maghrib The Post Office.
- Financial Reporting Manager at Barid Al Maghrib The Post Office.
- Cost Accountant at Barid Al Maghrib Post Office
10 years, 3 months at this Job
- Executive MBA - General Business
- BBA - Finance and Accounting
Established relationships with traders in other broker dealers to ensure best
price execution and increase liquidity.
• Participated in a house project to create a system that connects booking with Bloomberg in order to avoid mistakes in the process.
• Created weekly summaries of all trades as well as daily relevant news and new issues for distribution to Financial Advisors.
• In charge of training junior traders and provided one on one training with Advisors to ensure understanding of the products if needed.
• Responsible of creating and maintaining a daily report of the trading desk revenues as well as the book keeping of the blotter daily.
• Analyze clients profile and provided the Advisor with a customize list of bonds for that specific level of risk tolerance.
• Develop several templates and procedures which are currently used by the firm.
• Provided Advisors with swap ideas and other investment opportunities.
• Demonstrated strong communication, analytical and team player skills in a high volume environment.
- Fixed Income Trader at Mercantil Bank
- Investment Analyst at VectorGlobal WMG
- Credit Analyst at Lloyds-TSB
- Investment Analyst at Merrill Lynch
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Business Administration - Finance
Co-manager of over $1.9B in fixed income assets for ultra-high net worth clients. Manager of three total return, taxable and tax-exempt benchmark products comprised of over 100 accounts totaling $400M+ in assets. Also manager of two non-total return tax-exempt products comprised of over 75 accounts totaling $200M+ in assets.
• Outpaced Barclay's indices on all three of the total return products while increasing credit quality and reducing risk.
• Was initial member of Fixed Income Management Team (FIMT). Integral in increasing assets within FIMT from $350M to over $1.9B.
• Participated in presentations with Wealth Advisors for prospective and current client meetings.
• Was a member of the Fixed Income Oversight Committee (FIOC).
• Established and coordinated fixed income strategy for entire BMO Harris Private Bank and presented results at the monthly Capital Markets Meeting.
- Vice President, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager at BMO PRIVATE BANK, Harris Private Bank
- Vice President, Senior Fixed Income Trader at BANK OF AMERICA
- First Vice President, Senior Fixed Income Trader/Portfolio Manager at ABN AMRO
- at ABN AMRO
4 years at this Job
- BA - Finance
- Jan 2015 to Present
• Manage P&L for desk on daily basis that consists of myself, one other trader, and a trading assistant
• Specialize in trading US Treasuries, both on the run cash and top step futures instruments, to initiate trades in the yield curve
• Execute trades using firm's proprietary trading platform, utilizing quick decision making and risk management
• Conduct fundamental and technical analysis to guide decision making
• Evaluate economic news and events, remain informed of macroeconomics affecting markets, and draw on intuition to determine when to enter and exit trades
• Collaborate with team members to improve daily trading and implement a cohesive trading strategy
- Fixed Income Trader at DRW Trading Group
- Trading Assistant at DRW Trading
- Senior Project Manager - Doralco at DAMS Inc
9 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Finance