Work as a flight nurse for a critical care ambulance on a helicopter alongside a paramedic providing interfacility transfers of critically ill patients and emergent first responder care to patients with traumatic injuries. Utilize company protocols along with quick thinking and collaboration with accompanying paramedic to deliver the safest care possible. Apply critical thinking skills, ACLS, PHTLS, PALS and TNCC in the care and treatment of patients while transporting by helicopter to appropriate hospitals for required level of care.
- Flight Nurse at Survival Flight
- ER Staff Nurse at DePaul Hospital SSM
- ICU Staff Nurse at Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- Clinical RN Manager at Optum
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associates - Nursing
- - General Studies
Flight nurse for trauma and inter-facility transfers. Duties included patient care, transport blood products, administer blood products, checked equipment daily, narcotic log check, electronic health record documentation, and provided education for outreach and the community. Surgical skill to include, chest tube insertion, cardiac paracentesis, intubation, surgical cricothyrotomy and needle decompression.
- FLIGHT NURSE at MED-TRANS INC
- FLIGHT NURSE at MSHA WINGS AIR RESCUE
- REGISTERED NURSE at MSHA LEVEL I TRAUMA CENTER
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES OF SCIENCE DEGREE IN NURSING - NURSING
● Safely operate an Emergency Vehicle, ensuring it is always in a ready state
● Assist Flight Nurse, Flight Paramedic, and Flight Respiratory Therapist within the scope of an EMT with Adult, Pediatric And Neonatal Patients through St Anthony Hospital and Children's hospital Colorado
● Assist with critical patients in the Emergency room, ICU'S, and step down floors in the hospital
● Providing BLS care as needed
● Ensuring all equipment is in a clean and ready state
- Assist Flight Nurse, Flight Paramedic, and Flight Respiratory Therapist at Flight For Life Colorado
- Hospital Corpsman at United States Navy Active Duty United States Navy
- EMT FTO at Pridemark Paramedic Services
- Volunteer EMT Firefighter at Adam's County, Colorado
1 year, 4 months at this Job
● Flight Nurse with CAMTS-accredited, domestic and international fixed-wing (Learjet) air medical transportation provider.
● Responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and management of care for critically ill adult and pediatric patients prior to and during transport.
● Proficient with EMS Charts, Golden Hour and One Chart/EMS Charts Gold (EMSC/GH hybrid) Patient Care Reporting programs
- Flight Nurse (PT) at AeroCare Medical Transport System
- Flight RN at PHI AIR MEDICAL
- Critical Care Transport Nurse at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.
- RN, Trauma Nurse Specialist at Advocate Health Care
2 months at this Job
- BA, Political Science
- Honors Diploma
7211 S. Peoria Englewood, CO 80112 303-792-7400 Supervisor: Lee Fernandez/ Trey Howard Flight Nurse, San Antonio AirLIFE
- Flight Nurse, San Antonio AirLIFE at Air Methods Corporation
- Resource Registered Nurse - Emergency Department at Methodist Healthcare System
- Regional Clinical Manager at Air Methods Corporation
- Flight Nurse at Air Methods Corporation
1 year at this Job
- Associates Degree in Nursing - Critical Care Emergency Medical Transport Provider
- BSN - Nursing Program
- - Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
Air Ambulance Center- Sabah Health Region Kuwait Duties and Responsibilities: * Acted as a Flight Nurse on an EMS, interfacility transport using helicopter air ambulance * Responsible for providing critical care to high acuity patients in the field as well in the hospital setting. * Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient, and equipment. * Routine checking of all medical equipment and supplies in aircraft. * In addition to patient care responsibilities, assess flying conditions and the flight worthiness of the crew. * Assists in pre-mission takeoff checklist and assists pilot as requested, i.e., radio, navigational, and visual observation activities. * Communicates with dispatch and LZC via handheld radio regarding the nature of the call, status of the patient for the medevac and relays information to the receiving ground unit. * Evaluating the patient's ailments and/or needs and providing them with proper medical care and treatment until the patient safely reaches the hospital. * Administering medication and/or injections to ease the patient's pain & suffering. * Took part in implementing advance pharmacology to ensure safe outcomes for trauma and medical cases. * Applying spinal stabilization: c-collar, KED, spider strap, vacuum mattress, spinal boards, dressing, bandaging and splints for trauma patients. * Operating emergency and non-emergency medical machinery, equipment and/or technology such as mechanical ventilation machine, Defibrillator, AED Oxygen tanks, Easy CPR, Bag valve mask, and various other life support equipment. (Zoll X Series Monitor/Defibrillator, Corpuls 3 Monitor/Defibrillator, Corpuls 1 AED, Medumat Transport Ventilator Weinmann, Medumat Easy CPR Weinmann, Manuvac Manual Suction Pump Weinmann, Accuvac Suction Unit Weinmann) * Provide basic and advanced life support techniques in preparation for transport, perform post-accident surveys, secure the patient and assess the patient's medical condition. * Analyzing and Interpreting ECG rhythms. * Critical care treatments, including clearing and maintaining the patient's airway (OPA, NPA, Rapid Sequence Intubation: Endotracheal tube, Laryngeal Mask Airway: Igel02, Combitube, King Laryngeal Tube) cardiac, obstetric or neonatal life support, may be required. * Monitor patients with various instruments and equipment and determine the need for oral or intravenous medications. Giving Intravenous fluids and Entonox (nitrous oxide oxygen). * Responsible for recognizing any contagious patients and advising aircraft and emergency room staff and, if necessary, the appropriate authorities. * Upon arrival at hospital, advise emergency room staff of the patients' condition and any medical procedures or drugs used to stabilize them. * Post flight responsibilities include writing reports on each patient, replacing all used equipment and medications and sterilizing all equipment and the aircraft. * Attends pre-mission briefings and mission debriefings and completes necessary documentation. * Ensuring that emergency medical services responders have the equipment and supplies necessary to effectively and efficiently support the needs of medical services system. * Exercises equipment and supplies with appropriate partners and users. * Maintains equipment and supply logs, maintenance records, and test journals, etc. * Insures adequate inventories and replacements are maintained. * Provide equipment-specific orientation. * Prepares orders for issuance or delivery to EMS System partners. * Unpacks, stores, and rearranges supplies. * Perform minimal custodial duties in keeping storage facilities and adjoining yard areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Flight Nurse at Kuwait Air Ambulance (HEMS)
- Assistant Medical Manager - Flight Nurse at Kuwait Air Ambulance (HEMS)
- Medical Staff Nurse at San Juan Medical Center
- Company Nurse at Samson Agricultural Supply
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
As a flight nurse with Air Evac 26, I work as a team with a paramedic and pilot to provide access to high level medical care for patients that live and/or are being treated in rural areas. Ours is a rotary aircraft service, providing access for citizens within a 70 mile radius surrounding Ada, OK. As flight crew members, we receive training and are expected to display mastery of advanced skills such as endotracheal intubation, surgical cricothyrotomy, needle cricothyrotomy, chest decompression and UVC placement in the newly born, among others. As the Base Clinical Lead, it is my responsibility for the supervision of duties around the base, monthly flight crew training, outreach education and maintenance of staff credentials and certifications.
- Base Clinical Lead, Flight Nurse at Air Evac Lifeteam
- Registered Nurse - Trauma ED at OU Medical Center
- Clinical Coordinator at OU Medical Center
- Registered Nurse - Float Pool at OU Medical Center and The Children's Hospital
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Nursing
work with Life Flight Respiratory therapist to deliver advanced critical care to newborn patients and transport them to an advance level of care facility. Use critical thinking skills to be able to be the eyes and ears for the receiving doctors and provide advanced care to stabilize infant to transport. Address changes in patient status during transport and provide care to stabilize patient. Effective communication skills with referral and receiving doctors and staff. Communicate plan of care with medical control doctor and parents in an efficient manner in order to get patient to higher level of care quickly. Complete all safety training for FAA regulations for flying, and all other safety and skills training annually.
- Critical Care Flight Nurse at Intermountain Life Flight Newborn Team
- Intermountain Healthcare Critical Care Nurse at Newborn ICU
- Registered Nurse (RN) at PARKWAY HEALTH AND REHAB
- 'CNA' Certified Nursing Assistant, Personal Care and medication management at Courtyard at Jamestown- Residential Care
5 years at this Job
- A.D.N - Nursing and Science
Duties: Evaluate and assess critically ill or injured patients transported via fixed wing to destinations with greater resources. Manage the Revel Ventilator. November 2018 - Present
- Flight Nurse at Gallup Med Flight
- Registered Nurse (PRN) at Piedmont Rockdale Medical Center
- Sgt./Healthcare Specialist at Georgia Army National Guard
- NRP/Fire Captain at Dekalb County Fire Rescue Department
2 months at this Job
- B.A. in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Was responsible for providing comprehensive care to critically ill and/or injured patients of all ages in both pre-hospital and inter-facility hospital settings
• Understood and applied specialized principles and techniques of flight nursing practice, advanced emergency procedures and diagnostics.
• Performed a variety of outreach and educational activities in addition to flight related duties.
• Was responsible for the documentation of care provided during patient transfers.
• Performed peer review audits of patient charts and report findings to transfer crew and base manager.
- Flight Nurse at PHI Air Medical
- Staff Nurse at Urgent Care
- OB Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse, Maternity Services and ED/ICU PRN at Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center
- Circulating Nurse at Surgery Unit, Southwestern Eye Center
4 years at this Job
- Associate - Nursing