Leadership Profile Experienced operations manager with added unique expertise in cost control, process and change management, government compliance, facility maintenance and management, industrial engineering, logistics, and marketing. My deep knowledge of all aspects of a business would make me a great addition to your team, and I look forward to delivering the results that I know will follow. Core Competencies: Operations Management – Large Retail Format Compliance Management & Government Relations Labor Management & Industrial Engineering Facility Management Food Safety Management Process and Change Implementation & Management Shrink Management Logistics Financial Management and Budget Control Human Resource Management Professional Experience Ralphs Grocery Company, California ( 1992 - Present) Operations Manager $45 million/Year store. 100+ direct reports. Shrink and inventory management, retail management, customer relations, supplier relations, cost and profit management, process implementation and management. Facility Engineering Assistant Manager Managed all maintenance of 390 locations with a $25 million annual budget. Managed vendor relations, call center, government compliance, service levels, cost, preventive services. Food Safety Manager – Current role. Responsible for all aspects of Food Safety & Sanitation for 193 stores. Manage internal processes to ensure that all food served at our locations is as safe as possible. Manage compliance with local, state, and federal agencies. Deep relationships with regulatory authorities – FDA, FSIS, USDA, CDA, southern California environmental health and safety authorities. Work with 3rd party to inspect and hold our stores to a much higher standard than is required. Southern Region Labor Manager Industrial Engineering and Labor Management of 75 store locations, implemented “right person, right job, right time” strategy using historical data. Co Team Leader that developed training program for new labor management tools and executed training to all associates in my regional area. Installed verification processes to evaluate effectiveness of training program. Team Leader Key Retailing Solutions Was part of think tank, and then team analyzing current processes, creating solutions, and implementing change to improve service efficiency and reduce cost from the business. Solutions included systems automation, data collection, data accessibility at critical points, and process improvement. This applied primarily to the retail environment, but also the supply side. Disaster Recovery Planning Project Lead Devised continuity plans for division headquarters, warehouses, and all support staff to preserve essential processes and support the core functions of the business during a local or regional disaster event. Promotional Supply Side Manager Responsible for ensuring adequate product supply from manufacturer and warehousing to store level on promotional and holiday specific Grocery, Dairy, Frozen, and Natural Foods items. Oversaw an improvement of company’s “In-Stock” position by 10%. Education & Training Certified Professional of Food Safety, National Environmental Health Association (Nationally recognized). 2016 EDGE Leadership Development Graduate, University of Southern California. Cerritos College Retail Management Certification
- Food Safety Manager at Ralphs Grocery Chain
27 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Business Administration
• Loaded and unloaded trucks and vans and delivered items to food pantry.
• Assisted community members shopping weekly at the pantry.
• Certified in food safety and proper handling procedures.
• Completed accurate reports for food ministry.
- Certified Food Safety Manager at New Life Bread Basket Food Ministry
- Sales Associate/Lead at Dollar General Store
- Accountant/Bookkeeper at Kelly Services
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Accounting/Business
Accomplished reliable, hardworking professional offering over 10 years of experience in the food industry and related areas, with excellent communication and organizational skills. Significant Experience: Project Coordination, Management, Leadership and Development, Quality Control and Assurance. Experienced in Auditing, Research and Development, Client Service, Food Testing and Methodology, Instrument Calibration, LIMS, Microsoft Applications, Chemical Analysis and Sensory Evaluation. QA/QC Food Safety Manager
International Foodsource, Dover, NJ
July 2018-present Responsibilities:
• Provides strong QA/QC leadership for the quality department and collaborates with other departments as it relates to food safety, quality, operational efficiencies, and overall process optimization within the organization.
• Completes document reviews, and manages hold and release of products in the software system.
• Manage supplier non-conformances and COA's for outgoing product shipments.
• Facilitates training to staff to comply with new and existing policies and procedures as needed.
• Provides resource support for internal quality audits, regulatory and FDA inspections.
• Coordinates and ensures compliance as it relates to GMP's, HACCP and SQF.
• Adhere to food safety and quality requirements and assists clients/customers with their quality improvement initiatives.
• Investigates Root Cause Analysis (RCA's) and implement CAPA's when responding to customer complaints
• Coordinates with the QA team for annual SQF and customer/client audits.
• Provides effective communication to management, acting as a liaison between production, shipping, and QA management to ensure product quality.
• Responsible for managing label and nutrition panel statements in compliance with FDA regulations.
• Create and update SOP's and policies to drive quality and continuous improvements.
• Responsible for the EMP, Allergen programs and sample analysis outsourcing.
• Visit local warehouse(s) and performs QA/QC tests and/or collects samples for analysis as needed.
- QA/QC Food Safety Manager at Quality Control and Assurance
- Director of Operations at Teens Step Up, Inc
- Assistant QC Manager at Allied Old English
- Chemistry Support Specialist at Mondelēz International
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
In my current role, I am the Regional Food Safety and Sanitation Manager. This role oversees 78 stores throughout Central Pennsylvania and Maryland, ensuring compliance standards are met or exceeded within state, county, or local jurisdictions through the elimination or reduction of critical risk factors. Our department trains food safety and sanitation standards and best practices to all salaried and management positions through a SafeMark certification course; trains, monitors and audits food safety program within assigned territory; responds to and assist with all food safety emergencies, such as: power outages, loss of water or boil water advisories, food recalls, etc.; oversees the pest control management program; and responds to any store, district or regional needs. I report directly to the Manager of Food Safety Operations and Director of Quality Control as well as the operational District Managers and Regional Vice President.
- Regional Food Safety Manager at Weis Markets
- Food Production Manager at Aramark Higher Education
- Center Store Manager Trainee at Weis Markets
- Dining Room Manager at The Village at Penn State
3 years at this Job
- - Agribusiness Management
- - Health Sciences
- High School Diploma
Immokalee, FL Qualifications Food Safety Manager, Quality Assurance I supervise the quality of the products that we handle, and manage the food safety program. I check for quality and accuracy to ensure that we achieve the highest possible dollar return for our farmers. I also run the food safety program. I keep detailed records of any activities at our facility and ensure that our polices and program are strictly within the definition of the rules laid out by the FDA, USDA, FDACS, NCDA, and third party auditing agencies. I create and edit SOP's and SSOP's, and alter cGMP's to reflect current industry standards. I am responsible for checking water quality and taking environmental monitoring samples at our facilities. I am responsible for conducting internal audits in our facility and our farming partner locations in NC and FL. Contact - Confidential - ###-###-####
- Food Safety Manager, Quality Assurance at Confidential Produce Co., Inc
- Night Foreman at Western Carolina Produce
- Part Time Sales Associate at Hound & Gatos Pet Foods
- Regional Sales Manager at Evanger's Pet Foods
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Geology
Specific responsibilities: 1. Develop and provide training for food safaty and quality requirements. 2. Develop and maintain documentation such SOPs, as well as manintenace of manuals, policies and procedures as relate to any food safety concern. 3. Conduct facility food safaty audits as well as manage third party audits. 4. Monitor and verify activities to ensuee that all products coming in and out of the facility meet food safety standards in addition to quality standards. 5 Update existing food safety procedres and documentation to keep up with changing requirements. 6. Assist buyer with training and educating potential suppliers to ensure compliance. 7. Work closely with operations Manager and / or General Manager on any food safety or quality assurances issue. 8. Oversse proper maintenance and sanitation of all facility to comply with food safety requiremets. 9. Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurances procedures are followed and documented correctly at all times.
- Food Safety Manager at QUESOS LA PRADERA
- USDA Coordinator at Panna Café To Go
- Packaging Supervisor at Panna Café To Go
- Consultant at Enterprise Solutions G.V. Company
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor - Industrial Engineering
I worked as a Cashier/Stocker in the beginning of the job around the age of 17. After a few years, I was promoted to Supervisor. I looked after a few people under me. Shortly afterwards, I completed the exam of International Food Safety Manager. I would check raw food and see to it that it is cooked properly or put labels on opened raw food.
- Cashier/Stocker/Supervisor/Food Safety Manager at El Milagro LLC
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
Food and Beverage Manager of Market for Target, a range of responsibilities from Team Training, Food Safety Management, Guest customer service, ETC.
- Food Safety Manager at Target
- Product Specialist/ Retail Salesman at Premier Chevrolet
- Construction worker at CB Construction
- at The Walt Disney Company
5 months at this Job
Direct all quality personnel to ensure proper function of the QA department including but not limited to quality, regulatory, food safety, sanitation and microbiology laboratory. Managing, monitoring and ensuring high standards within the following areas: quality, HACCP, HARPC, SOPs, SSOP, SQF, labeling, microbiology, regulatory compliance, vendor certification, internal and external audits. Assuring that operations has a consistent understanding of quality programs and actively participates in process improvement designed to achieve quality and company goals. Facilitates communication with co-man customers .
- Quality & Food Safety Manager at Creative Energy Foods
- Quality Assurance Director at Habit LLC
- Corporate Quality Assurance Manager at Melaleuca Inc
- Corporate Quality Assurance Manager at Richmond Baking Company
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry
• Periodically review all food safety procedures and instructions, to ensure they remain current
• Review requests to change FSMS-related procedures and work instructions and direct the Food Safety Team through such reviews
• Manage the Food Safety Team and ensure that processes needed for the FSMS are established, implemented, and maintained
• Report to the President and top management on the performance of the FSMS and any need for improvement
• Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements pertaining to food safety throughout the organization
• Develop the Company’s prerequisite programs and ensure that PRPs are implemented, monitored, and communicated to the appropriate parties, and periodically review PRPs.
• Assemble Food Safety Teams, as needed
• Prepare a Flow Diagram for each product or process category covered by the Food Safety Management System and verify the accuracy of those diagrams
• Conduct hazard analyses
• Ensure that inspection requirements are included on Purchase Orders
• Evaluate suppliers’/vendors’ food safety systems; monitor and report on supplier food safety performance on an ongoing basis
• Review all rejections by the Food Inspector
• Review revisions to manufacturing practices, to ensure potential food safety hazards have been adequately addressed
• Confirming the nonconformity and determine the disposition of nonconforming materials
• Oversee the internal food safety audit program – select internal audit personnel, review results of food safety audits, ensure that corrective actions are understood, and supervise corrective actions
• Reporting on corrections and corrective actions taken at Management Review meetings
• Collect, analyze, and publish measurement data, to determine the root cause of process and product food safety problems and recommend action to resolve those problems
• Initiate and supervise product recalls, to ensure adequate implementation and effectiveness
• Supervise hazard analyses, report results of analyses to top management, and periodically review food safety-related processes to ensure hazards are accounted for and controlled
- Food Safety Manager at Piedmont Candy Company
- Document Control Specialist at Carolina Dairy
- Quality Assurance Lab Technician/Trainer at Carolina Dairy
- Quality Assurance Inspector at Teleflex
5 months at this Job
- - High School
- High school or equivalent