10/2015-Present)- Conduct inspections and investigations of food products, preparation, storage and transportation by examination of sanitary practices to ensure compliance with state and federal law. Investigate complaint, foodborne illnesses, hazardous events and prepare technical reports for all activities. Provide consultation, technical assistance, training and information to food industry, consumers, local health departments and many other agencies.
- Food Scientist at INDIANA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
- Federal Investigator of manufactured food at FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION
- Nuisance Wildlife Control Officer at WILDLIFE CONTROL
- Emerald Ash Borer Surveyor at WILDLIFE CONTROL
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
• Oversee product development of crackers and cookies from bench top concept to commercialization with emphasis on cost, quality, simplicity and reproducibility.
• Assist operations in commercialization, trouble shooting and optimization of current and new formulations and processes for all 3 facilities (York Pa, Santa Ana Ca, Cuba NY).
• Oversee ingredient approval efforts for costs reduction, and optimization including approval of secondary suppliers where needed.
• Assist in transforming concepts into tangible prototypes for key customers (internal and external) with engineering and industrial design of packaging, planning and implementation.
• Assist in meeting market requirements (GMO, Natural, Whole Grain etc.. ) for current and future products for existing and future markets.
• Oversee, own and spearhead private label formulation matching efforts (successfully matching several national brands).
• Managed successful relationships with internal and external partners to achieve project objectives (working with suppliers in the inclusion and implementation of key ingredients and machinery for existing and new market formulations).
• Assisting in development and execution of company wide go to market plans while working with internal and external departments to execute the projects objective.
• Assist project management by helping to achieve key metrics through successful documentation and decision making process.
• Assist quality assurance and purchasing teams in review of ingredient documentation for preparation of external inspections (AIB, HACPP, SQF).
• Participation in internal committees to meet company objectives for community involvement (Community involvement team, York County food bank; mentoring high school senior interested in food science degree).
• Managed shelf life testing of new and existing products and developed procedures and documentation to document results.
- Food Scientist at D.F. Stauffer Biscuit Company
- Head coached girls travel soccer team at West York Soccer Club
- at McCormick's Sustainability committee
- at McCormick's Safety committee
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry
Create and review formulations for clean label products (meat and sauce, vegetables, starches) from conception to prototype. Evaluate nutritional information and ingredient statements to comply with regulations. Used Genesis R&D sortware and USDA database of foods. Plan and take to completion shelf life studies for products from R&D or vendors. Provide technical advice for clients on High Pressure Processing.
- R&D Food Scientist at True Food Innovations
- Production Manager at PALETA
- Research Assistant at PALETA
- Assistant Professor at Universidad de Yaracuy
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Licentiate in Food Technology - Food Technology
My job duties are to assist my boss in creating new products to sell to larger companies such as MARS candy company. My skills relating to the job involved simple math conversions and chemical reactions when adding certain ingredients.
- Food Scientist Assistant at Creative Food Solutions
- Receptionist at BLU POINTE
- Retail Sales Associate at Prima Pizza
- Customer Service Representative at DKNY
at this Job
- Working towards a Bachelors - Dietetics
Successfully launched 5 clean label product lines under frozen dessert, bakery and blended beverage (alcoholic and nonalcoholic) categories generating
business worth $1.5MM from high profile clients
• Led cross-functional teams and managed entire product life cycle from concept to commercialization for frozen dessert, bakery, blended beverage (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and functional ingredient lines accounting for 50% of the company revenue
• Product lead for innovative clean label blended beverage premix (liquid/dry) and flavorings for major college café chain; celebrating natural colors and natural flavors; that exceeded projected annual gross revenue for the client
• Initiated and orchestrated Itaberco's first ever partnership with a co-manufacturer for producing its ready to use dairy based whipped topping/icing, successfully qualifying the co-manufacturer and completing the project ahead of client deadline
• Implemented SQF system companywide in record time of < 6 months with outstanding audit results (98% audit score)
• Lead technical expert providing product insights to the marketing department resulting in enhanced customer experience and upswing in brand recognition
- Principal Food Scientist at R&D and Food Safety, Itaberco, Inc
- Food Scientist at R&D and Food Safety, Itaberco, Inc
- at Product Development Co Op
- Technologist at Dairy and Bakery R&D and Food Safety, Amul Dairy (India)
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- MS, Food Science - Rutgers
- BS - Engineering
• Serve key accounts as a specialist for food industry product research and development. Key accounts include chain accounts, food processors, and retail customers.
• Gather, interpret, and analyze information from multiple technical sources to apply to specific USDA and FDA regulated applications.
• Demonstrate portfolio of innovative food products.
• Generate resourceful solutions to internal and external customers.
• Understand customers’ food processing capabilities and their interactions with food industry ingredients.
- Senior Food Scientist II at Newly Weds Foods
- Quality Assurance Technical Senior Scientist at WILD Flavors
- Beverage Quality Scientist at WILD Flavors
- Flavor Senior Scientist at Givaudan Flavors
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemistry
- Master of Science - Chemistry
• Independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, including new product development, existing product matching and innovation projects.
• Independently develop new tea and botanical products that meet project objectives, using various plant extraction methods, including extraction, distillation, concentration, fractionation, etc.
• Participate in the development and implementation of new or optimized technological process methods.
• Participate in the development of RTD tea and botanical drinks.
• Produce lab-scale samples for analysis, customer requests and shelf-life studies, as well as assist the sample production in pilot plant.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team members, including pilot plant, QA, QC, regulatory, business unit, production, purchasing and pricing personnel.
• Document information efficiently and effectively in the SAP system.
• Provide technical support for all internal and external customers.
• Generate and revise lab SOPs, maintain lab inventory.
- Food Scientist at Doehler USA
- Food Technologist at Doehler USA
- Food Technician at Doehler USA
- QC Lab Intern at Robertet Flavors
10 months at this Job
- Master - Food Science
- Bachelor of Agriculture - Horticulture
Responsible for conceptualizing and developing new food product formulations
● Oversee scale-up trial and production start-ups in co-packers and plants; overcame processing problems in production trial runs
● Work with a team for new product launch of Duncan Hines cake mix
● Developed one product from concept to commercialization (to be launched in early 2019)
● Conducted product testing to improve product quality
● Performed analytical tests to establish product specifications
● Developed new formulations of existing Wishbone dressings to suit Clean Label industry practice
● Proficient in Product Vision software
- Associate Food Scientist at Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
- Product Development Technician at American Instants, Inc
- Lab technician (Part Time) at Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
- Intern at Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science
- Food Scientist at Nothigs
at this Job
• Set up the laboratory facility, purchased needed glassware and equipment and initially liaised with ingredient and flavour companies, maintained budgets, coordinated cross departmental teams and presented technical data to management
• Benchmarked coffee mix from a third party to in-house and created an added revenue of 40%;
• Developed 2 nutritious powdered beverages; black coffee with mushroom powders and chili coco drink
• Has written technical write-up for 5 ideated projects.
- Food Scientist at Performance Labs Pte Ltd
- Regional Sensory Laboratory Manager at Mead Johnson Nutrition
- Product & Technology Development Manager at Fraser & Neave Beverage Division
- Product Development Manager at Food Empire Holdings Limited
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Food Science
- Bachelor of Science - Food Technology