July 2017 - December 2018 ▶ Food scientist in research and development with experience in snack bars (granola, protein, fruit and grain, etc.), snack nuts, and dry dinner meal solutions (macaroni and cheese, rice sides, etc.) * Experience in development focusing on material sourcing, costing analysis, and sensory evaluations of new products from ideation to launch for macaroni and cheese product commercialization * Product development lead for company continuous improvement project in the snack nuts category, transitioning and consolidating ~100 formulas between 4 manufacturing plants for peanuts and tree nuts * Functioned as a product development associate for companywide ingredient simplification and recipe consolidation efforts for cost optimization ▶ SAP/PDM ERP system subject matter expert (SME) * Product development specialist for new ERP system implementation within the snack bars category
- Food Scientist, Associate Food Scientist at TreeHouse Foods Private Brands
- Premier Early Career Member at Institute of Food Technologists
- Associate Food Scientist at Medix Staffing Solutions
- Bakery Team Member at Whole Foods Market
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science - Business and Industry
Outsourced R&D projects from formulation to bench top to costing. Experienced in plant-based foods, protein bars, and beverage mixes CBD product formulation Consult food companies on product development and other R&D inquiries
- FOOD SCIENTIST at MESH FOOD LABS
- at COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
- STUDENT ASSISTANT/CONTENT WRITER at
- GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at COLORADO STATE UNIVERSITY
4 months at this Job
- MASTERS OF SCIENCE - FOOD SCIENCE
- BACHELORS OF SCIENCE - BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Research new ingredients that will functionally improve the body and texture of food. Prepare samples for sales to show customers. Run pilot plant equipment (microthermics, homogenizer, continuous freezer) Formulate stabilizer blends and finished formulas (ice cream, yogurt, whipped topping, etc.) Attend plant trials to assist with proper processing
- Food Scientist at Profile Food Ingredients
- Strategic Support Associate at Jackson National Life Insurance
- Quality Assurance Intern at Great Lakes Cheese
- Office Assistant at Metronet Telecom
at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Food Science
- Bachelors of Science - Chemistry
Labatt Food Service
• Conduct quality audits on a variety of food products and present the results to customers and vendors
• Resolved new product issues with head chefs and restaurant owners by working in their kitchens to determine a solution
• Collaborated across departments to develop a new categorization method for all distributed products
• Reviewed product nutrition, ingredients and spec sheets to compare competitor products and provide feedback to customers
- R&D Technician/Food Scientist at Labatt Food Service
- Student Lab Technician at NASA Space Food Research
- President at Texas A&M Cupcake Club
- Product Development Food Science Intern at Amplify Snack Brands
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology - Food Science and Technology
Shipping and receiving / dock worker / food scientist 1. we receive all packages for scientists and log it into computer once the package for a scientist. 2. we sort the packages by dry foods or frozen food or food just need to be kept in the refrigerator and it’s all going in different storages determined by which scientists are assigned a them any frozen foods or raw meat when Locking them into the computer 3. always check the temperature of any refrigerated food or frozen food soon as it comes off truck don’t forget to get the trucks temperature for trailer 4. any other mail non food related packages sit them to the side or take it up to front desk or any package that’s for someone in office 5. use pallet jackets or Fock lift to help get food pallets off or on to trucks or from dock to storage and help anywhere else when is needed 6. taking 5 totes of 50lbs of meat cutting it grinding it through the machine then after that weigh it up on the scale 50lbs a tote 7. making burgers or any food from the grinded up sending it through the machine to either get prepared to get cooked or packaged up
- Food scientist/ dock worker at Tyson Foods Incorporated
- Warehouse Associate at Office Depot OfficeMax
- Amazon Fulfillment Associate at Amazon.com
- Warehouse Associate at Fleet Staff
4 months at this Job
- High school
Senior Food Scientist, BTI/R&D
• Provides project leadership from the development through commercialization of new products and processes by working with cross functional peers.
• Leverages internal and external resources such as co-packers, equipment vendors, ingredient vendors, and a personal professional network to develop sound technologies for new product innovations.
• Rapidly develops prototypes of breakthrough products, based on the marketing charter from the front end innovation.
• Develops technical solutions to complex and practical problems, learning new technologies and new ways to leverage existing technologies to create breakthrough innovations.
• Connects the dots, to link technology with consumer insights to create breakthrough innovation with insulation from competition. o Brought diligence and engagement to bread and roll projects and completed thorough shelf life test. o Understood manufacture capability by plant trial in company and copackers. o Gain knowledge of market trends in products, processes and ingredients through visiting conferences like Foodscape, Clean label Artisan Bread and Brioche. o Initiated and speed up a Gluten free pizza crust development. o Completed literature research and out of box thinking work streams for a shelf life challenge project.
- Sr. Food Scientist at Rich Products Corporation
- Senior Food Scientist, Innovation Center at CSM Bakery Solutions
- Senior Food Technologist, Food Service Department at Schwan's Research and Development, INC
- Senior Food Technologist, R&D Department at J&J Snacks / Country Home Bakers
10 months at this Job
- M.S. in Food Science - Food Science
- M.S. - Biology/Genetics
- B.S. in Biology - Biology/Agronomy
R&D role developing beverages for convenience and food service channels. Product types include dispensed beverage (frozen carbonated, frozen uncarbonated, soda, dispensed teas and lemonades, sparkling waters, etc.), bar mixers, coffee syrups, cappuccino powders, and aguas frescas.
• New Product Ideation & Development
• Product and Process Troubleshooting
• Shelf Life Troubleshooting
• Cost Reduction & Optimization
- Food Scientist at Sunny Sky Products
- QA Supervisor of Manufacturing & Technical Services at Wholesome Sweeteners
- QA Supervisor at LSG Sky Chefs
- Quality Technician II at HEB
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Food Science & Technology
Los Angeles, CA
(Producer of gluten-free premium gourmet popcorn with more than 20 flavors.)
Food Scientist/Quality Assurance Supervisor
• Manage and lead the daily activities of quality control technicians
• Responsible for ensuring the employees are trained, understand and follow company GMPs and food safety practices and adhere to established quality standards and safety guidelines.
• Prepare and lead the facility in preparation for internal and external audits, follow-up to non- conformances and provide CAPA
• Responsible for updating and revising SOPs based on Gluten-free, Organic, and Trader Joe's Audit
• Manage non-conformance products and ingredients by analyzing and trending the results of hold logs.
- Food Scientist/Quality Assurance Supervisor at Popcornopolis
- Quality Assurance Supervisor/Technical Services Analyst at Camino Real Foods, Inc
- Nutritionist/Registered Dietitian at Shiraz Governmental and University-Affiliated Hospital (Namazi), Shiraz
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Food Science - Food Science
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetic Science - Nutrition and Dietetic Science
-Develop food ingredient formulations and manufacturing instructions for new products. -Work with salespeople and customers with product application assistance. -Conduct processing trials and assist with initial production, start up and commercialization. -Identify and implement product improvement and raw material cost improvements. -Carry out sensory analysis, physical testing and other methodology to qualify products. -Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards
- Food Scientist at SensoryEffects Flavor Systems
- Customer Service Specialist at SensoryEffects Flavor Systems
- QA Technician at SensoryEffects Flavor Systems
- Server at Public House Brewing Company
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry - Biochemistry
• Manage a variety of projects on product and ingredient development, processing applications, quality analysis, sensory testing and analytical method and laboratory development from project design to execution in both benchtop and pilot scale processing as well as publication of results.
• Provide product and ingredient development on diverse ingredient profile including protein, starch, fiber and lipids, bread and baked goods, confectionary products, extruded products, pasta and noodles and texturized proteins, malt and food barley, ready-to-eat cereals and cereal bars, roasted and puffed pulse snacks, sauces and coatings, tofu and soybean products, tortilla and flat breads, beverages and dry mixes, natural and healthy products, and clean labels
• Develop market for the U.S. pulses (peas, beans, lentils and chickpeas) both domestically and internationally by designing and conducting technical seminars, presentations and in-house plant visits overseas.
• Understanding on processing equipment including mills (roller, hammer, pin, bar and disc), dryers (rotary, spray, and fluidized bed), extruders (single and twin), ovens (convection, conduction, impingement), retort and lipid extraction.
• Identify potential market for "good for you" products and ingredients, developed technical materials and conducted technical education opportunities to increase consumption of U.S. pulses.
• Conduct analytical testing to investigate the quality of pulse protein, fiber and starch.
• Successfully designed a project, obtained federal grants and conducted research projects to reduce glycemic index by incorporating pulse ingredients on cereal based food products.
• Assist international customers particularly Japanese by responding to their inquiries and providing up-to-date information on the U.S. crops.
• Assist in the development of HACCP, GMP and sanitation programs for the NCI laboratories and conducted audits.
- Food Scientist at Northern Crops Institute
- Food Technologist at Northern Crops Institute
- Research Assistant Intern at Northern Crops Institute
- Quality Assurance Intern at Northern Crops Institute
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Cereal Science
- Master's - Cereal Science
- Bachelor's - Food Science