-Proficient Food Technologist: responsible for performing experimentation, sensory, stability, and analysis of bench preparations and prototypes -Working with suppliers to ensure raw materials meet specifications and label claims -Communicating with Purchasing, QC and Manufacturing regarding specific issues as directed by upper Product Development management -Creating and managing documentation to support finished goods
- Food Technologist at Metagenics
- Quality Assurance Technician at Starbucks Roasting Plant
- Medical Technician at Air Force Reserves
- Regulatory Affairs Technician at Barleans Organic Oils
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science and Nutrition
+ Develop products and formulations for clients; sensory analysis, and nutritional labeling for large and small companies + Improve product flavors, textures, safety and shelf stability + Develop processes for small companies to expand into industrial scale + Maintain the kitchens and production areas + Communicate with clients to constantly reach product goals + Perform work with a wide variety of products
- Food Technologist at LSU Food Incubator
4 months at this Job
• Evaluate a diverse group of pet food diets using Concept 5 diet formulation software, JD Edwards information system, and IQS data storage in efforts to certify new ingredient suppliers
• Perform both bench top and plant testing of multiple raw ingredients to verify new product suppliers for company wide use
• Work independently, in group environments, and with plant operations staff daily
• Strengthen communication skills via video conferencing, emails, and weekly conference calls
• Set up, conduct, and document several forms of testing of raw ingredients and processes to help aid plant production as well as increase cost efficiency
• Efficiently collect, organize, and evaluate a vast amount of documentation and analytical data from suppliers and outside labs to qualify many different raw ingredients for three different manufacturing locations
- Operations Support/ Food Technologist at Simmons Pet Food Inc
- Food Safety Inspector at Kansas Department of Agriculture
- Agronomy Sales and Service Specialist at Mid Kansas Cooperative
- Assistant Mill Manager at Ordway Cattle Feeders LLC
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Agriculture - Animal Sciences and Industry, Animal Products Option
• Current development and commercialization of chemically leavened sweet goods
• Responsible for arranging sensory analysis, shelf life study, and created internal specifications testing finished good samples and ingredients
• Regularly maintaining on-going projects with several cross functional teams within Aryzta network.
• Providing support to bakery teams during attendance of line trials, first production and any other formula assistance as requested. Activities:
• Cal Poly Pomona: Department of Food Science and Technology
- Food Technologist at Aryzta LLC
- Sensory Lab Intern at Nestle Corporate- Contractor
- Food Technologist at Creative Energy Foods
- Student Administrative Assistant at Human Nutrition and Food Science Department
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science and Technology- Minor in Culinology
• Develop formulas and flavor powdered beverages per customer requests, while following FDA food regulations.
• Generate nutritional analysis and create nutrition and supplement facts panels including the ingredient declaration and allergens.
• Review artwork rounds and print proofs while recommending revisions.
• Scale up formulas for 1,000 lb. test batches and schedule production in order to monitor manufacturing.
• Communicate with the purchasing department to order necessary raw materials.
• Acquire appropriate documents for raw material approval.
• Conduct sensory tests for second sources or replacing raw materials.
• Meet with vendors to maintain relations and learn about new raw materials.
• Advance career by continuing education through classes, staying current via periodicals, and networking at IFT events.
- Food Technologist at Glanbia Performance Nutrition
- Student Worker at Neptune Central Dining Northern Illinois University
- Summer Help at Ottawa Elementary School District
- Teacher's Assistant at YWCA
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition/Dietetics
• Using customer service skills when communicating with current and prospective customers about samples they've received, current trials, and future projects
• Designed, created, and performed sensory evaluations on a variety of preparation bases, primarily regular, Greek, and drinkable yogurt
• Observe formula trials in the plant and was shown how to confirm ingredient weights, record cooking times and temperatures, and collecting samples for later testing
• Created and cooked formulas based on specifications (i.e. flavor, specs, cost, nutritionals)
• Actively participated in the plant scale up process for potentially new products which includes: formula approval, receiving correct scale up numbers, fill out forms)
• Applied for all new raw materials numbers and logged the information into the system
• Learned how to balance various stabilizers to achieve desired viscosity and stability and adjusted pH levels to limit microbial growth
• Used the following scientific devices: pH meter, refractometer, water activity meter, viscometer, and induction hotplate Skills & Leadership GENERAL
• Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
• Proficient with Microsoft applications, social media, and the internet
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, quick learner, and open minded LAB
• Knowledge of the use of sensory analysis, moisture content analysis, thin layer chromatography, NIR spectroscopy, microbial staining and plate counting
• Frequently used SAP, DMS, and Qualifax operating systems
• Worked with preservatives, various types of sugars/sweeteners, and food colorings
• Able to write clear and detailed lab reports, maintain a sanitary space, and clean/store equipment LEADERSHIP
• Participated in Boy Scouts from age 10-17 and attained the highest ranking, an Eagle Scout at age 18
• Became an Assistance Scout Master at age 18 which involves overseeing troop activities, assisting in organizing weekly scout meetings, and providing counseling to scouts when needed
- FOOD TECHNOLOGIST at ZENTIS
3 years at this Job
- B.S. - FOOD SCIENCE
· Provide technical support to Sprouts and Cabbage production line including food quality, food safety, cGMPs, SOPs, and SSOPs; Write and renew the documents for Food Safety plan, HACCP plan, SOPs, SSOPs, FSVP, recall plan and etc.; Monitor plant operation to ensure food safety and quality programs are properly followed; Support and give advice to take corrective actions in case of deviation; responsible for product release and product hold; · Perform routine sanitation inspections/verifications, ingredients inspections, and environmental sampling program; Collect the irrigation samples and environment samples for laboratory test; Conduct ATP and APC tests; Maintain all monitoring records and lab reports; · Participate R&D activities and coordinate plant trails including new product formulation tests, new process method tests, nutrient tests, and sanitation improvement tests based on self-leaded laboratory tests and statistic data; Technical support the customer service department and sales department, help deal with customer complain; · Conduct internal audit and mock recall, in charge of cGMP, SOP and SSOP training;
- Food Technologist at Wonton Food Inc
- Food Safety Research Assistant at Cornell University
- Lab Assistant Intern at China Academy of Chinese Medical Science
- Research Assistant at Beijing Forestry University
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Food Science
- Bachelor of Engineering - Food Science and Engineering
Food Technologist Responsibilities:
● Create, prepare and provide product documentation, including but not limited to, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Specification Sheets, Shelf Life Evaluation Documentation, Cooking Validation Reports, Finalized R&D Formulations.
● Assess, edit, and finalize new product formulations.
● Provide samples and documentation to laboratory, communicate with laboratory, and monitor new product shelf life studies.
● Provide bench top services for sauces, pasta's and refrigerated ready meals.
● Research and test new product ingredients.
● Aid in new product development, including providing ingredient functionality information and formulating new formulas for current products.
● Assist in new product development production test runs.
● Assist and monitor in new product initial production runs.
● Provide assistance in solving production issues, including, but not limited to, ingredient shortage issues, ingredient functionality problems, cooking related time/temperature difficulties and quality issues.
- R&D Food Technologist - Refrigerated Pasta & Ready Meals at Pulmuone Foods USA, INC
- Temporary Secretary III at California School Employees Association
- Intern at DeNevo Beverage Company
- Nanny/Personal assistant/Pet sitter at The Ward Family
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Nutritional Science - Food Science and Technology
- - Nutrition and Food Science
• Responsible for every phase of product development, benchtop through commercialization
• Create new items as well as improve existing items
• Product lines include soft pretzels, churros, funnel cakes, cookies, and pet foods
• Collaboration and dialogue with various levels of management (executive, marketing, sales) to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Source new ingredients for R&D team product development as well as for other R&D teams within J&J organization
• Key product development technologist for 5 production facilities within the corporation
- Senior Food Technologist at J&J Snack Foods
- Research & Development Technical Liaison at Sweet Street Desserts, Inc
- Quality Assurance Technician at Sweet Street Desserts, Inc
- Quality Assurance Lab Technician at Dietrich's Milk Products, Inc
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture - Food Science
• Commercialization of product formulations from bench top to full production.
• Test food products for proper taste, color, moisture, fineness, viscosity, Peroxide value, and Free Fatty Acids.
• Develop internal specification for WIP products and finished products.
• Organize, complete, and document shelf life studies.
• Source new ingredients during the product development.
• Create nutrition labeling using Genesis.
• Assist production trials and gather data on a regular basis.
• Provide training to new employees in department.
- Food Technologist at Ready Roast Nut Company
- Student Assistant at School of Nursing
- Student Assistant at Fresno State Creamery
- R&D and Quality Control Intern at Allure Labs
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science & Nutrition - Food Science & Nutrition
- Bachelor of Science in Food Technology - Food Technology