Recruited to be foreclosure paralegal for law firm representing banks. Provided support for attorneys on all files. Efficiently performed all legal operations. Assisted in transfer files from other law firms. Duties included management of over 120 client files, merging and providing attorneys with necessary documentation, and working with attorney and court personnel to ensure foreclosure process moves along.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Aldridge Connors LLP
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Katzman, Garfinkel & Berger, P.A
- Collections Manager at Phillips & Cohen Associates
- Hollybrook, Financial Center Manager at Wachovia Bank
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Attorneys at Law P. O. Box 353 Rocky Mount, NC 27803-0353 Position: Business Organizations, Estates and Foreclosure Paralegal
- Business Organizations, Estates and Foreclosure Paralegal at POYNER SPRUILL LLP
- Litigation Paralegal and Network Administrator at BATTLE WINSLOW SCOTT & WILEY, PA
- Secretary and Marketing Coordinator at McGladrey & Pullen
- Attorney at James C. Marrow
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Paralegal
- - Classes
o Review, Prepare and Notate Weekly Short Calendar for State Court o Answer and direct incoming telephone calls o Provide support to various team members o Draft, Review and E-File Legal Motions/Pleadings related to Foreclosures o Review Files and Case Details for next steps and recommended action o Draft, Review and Send Weekly Short Calendar Status Report to Attorneys o Order Residential/Commercial Appraisals o Monitor and Track all in-suit, pending Foreclosure Files o Legal Research as needed
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Law Offices of Juda J. Epstein
- ARBITRATION PARALEGAL at Franchise World Headquarters
- Loan Processing Assistant (temporary assignment) at People's United Bank
- Legal Assistant (temporary assignment) at BIC, Inc.
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certificate - Litigation Paralegal
• Responsible for the preparation of a range of legal documents such as Affidavits, Notice of Appearances, Stipulation, Deeds, Referee's Report of Sales and various tax forms
• Maintained foreclosure files and reporting on the status of files to the Judge's chambers and to clients
• Scheduled foreclosure sales between the court appointed referee and client and preparing documents
• Managed client correspondence throughout the entire foreclosure process
• Reviewed Title Reports and clearing any exceptions
• Conducted Title Searches to confirm the lien position and reviewing any open judgments
• Conducted Tax Searches to provide the client with open taxes that are owed by our client
• Prepared and submitting Notice of Appearances for junior mortgages and monitoring the senior mortgages foreclosure action to ensure that the junior lien does not lose their interest in the property
• Provided monthly status reports on senior mortgages to the junior mortgage
• Reviewed Deeds, Reports of Sale, and tax forms to ensure they are properly prepared and executed and then sending out for recording
• Ordered VA appraisals through WebLGY
• Trainied new paralegal staff in the foreclosure process and Case Aware software platform
• Special projects, as needed
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Rosicki, Rosicki, & Associates
- Workers Compensation Clerk/Social Security Legal Assistant at Fine, Olin & Anderman
- Assistant Store Manager at Aldo Shoes
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
• Maintained the foreclosure file from referral through first legal - completed borrower searches, prepared and mailed required letters, communicated with clients, prepared file for pleadings
• Sent motions for filing with the court, based on county requirements. Served parties by mail
• Knowledge of drafting all pleadings in foreclosure process
• Served as main backup to the Director of Foreclosure, worked closely together to complete client spreadsheets and questionnaires
• Managed a team of paralegals and clerical staff - monitored work product, conducted trainings, held weekly staff meetings
• Worked closely with attorneys, keeping a high-volume caseload organized and performed necessary administrative duties
- Team Lead/Foreclosure Paralegal at Rosicki, Rosicki & Associates, P.C
- Lead Optical Assistant at Davis Vision
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Art in English - English
Reviewed title reports, surrogate/probate searches, title updates, Charles Jones searches, Deeds,
Mortgages, Assignment of Mortgages, Notes, Loan Modifications, loan origination files, and any relevant documents necessary to commence foreclosure actions and to identify possible title issues.
• Prepared Complaints, Amended Complaints, Motions to Substitute Plaintiff, Motions to Dismiss Defendant, Consent Orders, Court Ordered Aged File Certifications and other miscellaneous legal documentation for attorney review and signature.
• E-filed Complaints, Amended Complaints, Motions to Substitute Plaintiff, Motions to Dismiss Defendant, Consent Orders, Court Ordered Aged File Certifications and other miscellaneous legal documentation.
• Requested updated payoff/ and/or reinstatement figures to prepare and send FDCPA and/or NOI letters when needed.
• Responsible for title issue fee requests and obtaining fee approval to prepare and submit Title Claim packages to the title companies for assigned files and/or to provide additional manual curative options, when necessary, to obtain clear title for sale.
• Responsible for maintaining client websites by ensuring appropriate processes, issues, requests, and holds are updated and current.
• Run and upload SCRA & PACER search results for files.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Parker McCay
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Shapiro & DeNardo, LLC
- Foreclosure Paralegal at McCabe, Weisberg & Conway
- Intern - Litigation Paralegal at Corbett Law Firm
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Sciences in Paralegal Studies - Applied Sciences
• Open new foreclosure files.
• Draft Summons & Complaints, Assignment of Mortgages & FDCPA Letters.
• E-File Summons & Complaints.
• Review title reports.
• Request documents from various lending institutions needed to proceed with foreclosure process.
• Perform Pacer and SCRA searches.
• Communicate with clients via telephone, email and various client systems (i.e. Loanshpere, Lenstar, and Vendorscape regarding status of cases.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, LLC
- Paralegal at David A. Gallo & Associates, LLP
- Sales Associate at Starbucks
- Data Collection Analyst (Temporary) at UBS Financial Services
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Legal Assistant Studies
- Associates Degree - Paralegal Studies
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Roach & Lin, PC
- Teachers Aide/ Crisis Team Member at Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Marketing Assistant/ Clerk at Island Property Tax
- Classroom Assistant/ Homework Club Leader at South Kingstown Cares
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
• Proficient in research and performed data analysis and summarization activities
• Received and responded to court notifications and inquiries from clients and attorneys
• Composed, interpreted and reviewed foreclosure dockets, in a proper manner
• Drafted and filed pleadings, motions and notices related to foreclosure cases
• Determined and informed status of foreclosure files to clients, in a timely manner Liaised with Judicial Assistants, attorneys and opposing counsels and fixed dates for case hearings. (Proficient) in Quick Books, Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Huntington Bank Inc
- V.P.Senior Advisor Banking Operations and Building Operations at JPMorgan Chase Mortgage Banking
- Media and Executive Escalations at JPMorgan Chase Mortgage Banking
- at Courts, Attorneys
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- PH.D - Theology
- Foreclosure Paralegal at McCalla Raymer Leibert Pierce, LLC
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Bendett & McHugh PC
- Office Administrator at Family Law at Porzio Law Offices
- Real Estate Paralegal at Moynahan, Ruskin, Mascolo & Minnella
5 years, 3 months at this Job