Provided paralegal services for full service bankruptcy and foreclosure-focused firm serving Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. Responsibility Includes; 1. Ohio Pending Sale Confirmation Filed Report 2. Ohio Pending Sheriff Deeds Sent Report 3. Pending Deeds Recorded for OH, KY, IN Report 4. Post Sale Pending Close File Request Report. 5. Contacting Sheriff, Auditors, Recorder, and County Clerks regarding updates on Cases 6. Answering Phone Calls and or E-mail from Clients, Title Companies, and Sheriff, Auditors, Recorder, and County Clerks Offices. * Oversaw activity on approximately 60+ accounts daily. * Perform regular docket review of all files.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Shapiro, Van Ess, Phillips, and Barragate, LLC
- Foreclosure Paralegal at REISENFIELD & ASSOCIATES
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy specialist at CITIBANK
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal
• Proficient in research and performed data analysis and summarization activities
• Received and responded to court notifications and inquiries from clients and attorneys
• Composed, interpreted and reviewed foreclosure dockets, in a proper manner
• Drafted and filed pleadings, motions and notices related to foreclosure cases
• Determined and informed status of foreclosure files to clients, in a timely manner Liaised with Judicial Assistants, attorneys and opposing counsels and fixed dates for case hearings. (Proficient) in Quick Books, Word, Excel, Power Point, Share Point
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Huntington Bank Inc
- V.P.Senior Advisor Banking Operations and Building Operations at JPMorgan Chase Mortgage Banking
- Media and Executive Escalations at JPMorgan Chase Mortgage Banking
- Foreman at Johnson and Johnson Construction Inc
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- PH.D - Theology
Schedule and complete all foreclosure related intakes both over the phone and in person (mortgage, tax, reverse mortgage and bankruptcy) in Legal Server including researching and obtaining all pertinent documentation from NYCEF, Pacer and County Clerk online records
• Forward completed intakes to Director of Foreclosure Prevention for further evaluation, acceptance and potential attorney assignment
• Reject intakes as directed and/or refer clients to other departments within Legal Services of the Hudson Valley or outside agencies.
• Conduct Foreclosure Information Sessions during potential clients' 1st settlement conferences in Sullivan County Supreme and Family Courts
• Schedule Pro Se Answer Day appointments with clients, create files and case assignment letters for same, notarize, serve and file Pro Se Answers at the corresponding County Clerk's office, update HOPP data and close files in a timely manner.
• Assist Foreclosure attorneys with Quit Claim Deeds, home visits, creating and closing files including drafting closing letters and other correspondence to clients and opposing counsel
• Assist Newburgh office staff with collaboration from both Kraft Kennedy and LSHV IT Department with technological support including setting up new workstations and docking stations, troubleshooting printers, software, telephone and internet outages in both the Newburgh and Monticello offices and provide training to Newburgh staff on same
• Provide Front Desk coverage for Newburgh Office and coverage for the Monticello Office
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Legal Services of the Hudson Valley
- Office Manager/Legal Assistant at Eisenberg Tanchum & Levy LLP
- Legal Secretary at Kissel Hirsch & Wilmer LLP
- Legal Secretary at Wolff & Samson, PC
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Legal Studies
Receive and calendar foreclosure files from Judgment Department, including but not limited to noting sale dates, checking legal description of property, junior liens, publication dates, etcetera Notify client of sale dates, filing of objection to sale and hearing dates in a timely manner Request bidding instructions and prepare and submit bid worksheet according to client's and firm's guidelines, ahead of sale date Update clients with sale results on a daily basis and in a timely manner Update client on SCRA status for borrowers and complete and upload Non-Military Affidavits and DOD search results as required Prepare Motions to Cancel and/or Reset Sales as well as scheduling hearings on same (if applicable) Follow up on Certificates of Title and scheduling hearings on Objections to Sales, as appropriate Amend Certificate of Title and Final Judgment, vacate final judgment, Certificate of Title and/or and sales pursuant to client's instructions Assist in training new hires Assist other Department, in preparing pleadings, such as, Complaints, Default and MSJ packages, as required by management
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Marshall C. Watson, P.A
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Elizabeth R. Wellborn, P.A
- Senior Legal Secretary at Taylor & Grace, PA
- Processor at Post Closing Association
11 years at this Job
- - Business Administration
• Responsible for the preparation of a range of legal documents such as Affidavits, Notice of Appearances, Stipulation, Deeds, Referee's Report of Sales and various tax forms
• Maintaining foreclosure files and reporting on the status of files to the Judge's chambers and to clients
• Scheduling foreclosure sales between the court appointed referee and client and preparing documents
• Managing client correspondence throughout the entire foreclosure process
• Reviewing Title Reports and clearing any exceptions
• Conducting Title Searches to confirm the lien position and reviewing any open judgments
• Conducting Tax Searches to provide the client with open taxes that are owed by our client
• Preparing and submitting Notice of Appearances for junior mortgages and monitoring the senior mortgages foreclosure action to ensure that the junior lien does not lose their interest in the property
• Providing monthly status reports on senior mortgages to the junior mortgage
• Reviewing Deeds, Reports of Sale, and tax forms to ensure they are properly prepared and executed and then sending out for recording
• Ordering VA appraisals through WebLGY
• Training new paralegal staff in the foreclosure process and Case Aware software platform
• Special projects, as needed
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Rosicki, Rosicki, & Associates
- Workers Compensation Clerk/Social Security Legal Assistant at Fine, Olin & Anderman
- Assistant Store Manager at Aldo Shoes
- Commission Sales Associate at J.C. Penney
11 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
• Review/analyze title searches and documents pursuant to the sale of foreclosed properties
• Resolution/clearance of title issues/discrepancies to ensure timely deadlines are met
• Preparation of required assignments, Deeds, Mortgages to complete the mortgage chain
• Communication with lender/servicers via vendor systems, mortgage obligors and their lawyers.
• Kept abreast of banking industry and government rules and regulations pertaining to the mortgage foreclosure industry
• Preparation of Debt Validation by analyzing payment histories, payoff and reinstatement amounts to respond to debt disputes
• Developed, prepared comprehensive training manual on work procedures
• Trained employees on validation procedures
• Execute special projects and reports pertaining to foreclosure as required
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Frenkel Lambert Weiss Weisman & Gordon, LLP
- Real Estate Paralegal at Lipsitz Green Scime Cambria, LLP
- Mortgage Loan Specialist Paralegal at HSBC Mortgage Corporation
- Paralegal Mortgage Loan Closer at Greater Buffalo Savings Bank
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate's - Business Administration
* Preparation of Motion for Summary Judgments, Referee's Oath and Report, Notice of Pendency, Motions for Late Sale and Successor Referee * All Aspects of Service stage, Initial commencement of action leading to Settlement Conference or Order of Reference Stage * Reply to Defendants Answer * Preparation of Underwriting letters to proceed with short sales * Military and Bankruptcy searched conducted on all matters * Daily updates to the Client interface and Firm Document Management System per proceeding with next milestone on Foreclosure * Firm Calendar/Docketing Dates for Motions, Preliminary conferences, Status conference and daily updates received from Ecourts * Housing Preservation Development Filing
- Foreclosure Paralegal at The Margolin & Weinreb Law Group, LLP
- Senior Legal Assistant at McCabe, Weisberg & Conway, P.C
- Senior Legal Assistant at Frenkel Lambert Weiss Weisman & Gordon LLP
- Subrogation Paralegal at Law office of Stuart Markowitz
11 months at this Job
- - Research
Applied initiative, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, and excellent communication abilities while completing client support activities. Maintained a high-volume caseload of up to 150 cases per month including intake tasks and document review, organization, preparation, and processing.
• Handled up to 20 inquiries from clients and borrowers per day in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Communicated with clients and borrowers via LPS, VendorScape, and Lenstar on the status of files and loans.
• Interacted with financial institutions, opposing counsel, and internal departments, serve as workflow management and compliance lead to bank foreclosure portals, and handle time sensitive and confidential information/data.
• Established a reputation for maintaining professional composure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, taking initiative to work on new projects and assignments, and remaining proactive to the needs of the organization.
• Increased fees and costs by 10% by ensuring our clients were billed in a timely manner by the end of the month.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Marinosci Law Group
- Business Development Intern at MYN Collective
11 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Finance - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics - Economics
• Drafted Judgements of Foreclosure and Sale, Notices of Entry, 3215 Affidavits
• Managed firm-wide calendar/scheduled appearances for in-house/per diem attorneys
• Reviewed files and provided detail chronology/synopsis for per diem attorneys
- Foreclosure Paralegal at Leopold & Associates, PLLC
- Bankruptcy & Foreclosure Paralegal at Druckman Law Group PLLC
- Bankruptcy Paralegal at David A. Gallo & Associates LLP
- at YMCA Greater New York
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
- - Year of Legal Education
• In charge of preparing foreclosure deeds and audits for the Maryland, Virginia counties.
• Review for outstanding balances due on the property for the county and municipalities and requesting checks to send with the deed to the abstractor or the court depending on the county.
• Review and file foreclosure publications.
• File audits for the court and prepare intake sheets.
• File deeds and HUD deeds.
• I am also responsible for preparing chronology reports upon request.
• Responsible for ordering lien certifications.
- Foreclosure Paralegal at BP Law Group
- Post Closing Specialist at Jones Networking/Guidance Residential, LLC
- DC, MD and VA at Rosenberg & Associates
- Post Closer at Rosenberg & Associates
10 months at this Job