Forensic, and Forensic Scientist.
- Forensic, and Forensic Scientist at Fire Department
- at Law and Protective Services
2 months at this Job
- Proficient in all duties of Forensic Scientist 1 - Help troubleshoot analytical test methods and instrumentation - Participate in development if process improvements - Participate in periodic or new method validation - Participate in quality assurance - Maintain productivity and quality levels - Apply laboratory acceptance criteria to interpret test results - Assists with training of department employees as necessary - Efficient with Hamilton, Analyst, MultiQuant, LCMS, sample preparation, data review, quality control and calibration
- Forensic Scientist II at Quest Diagnostics
- Forensic Scientist I at Quest Diagnostics
- Counselor at YMCA
- Internship at Dougherty County Coroner's Office
1 year at this Job
- - Forensic Chemistry
- - Biomedical and Forensic Potential of Carbohydrate Profiling of Salivary Glycoproteins
* Preparation of calibrators and controls for various assays across the lab. * Calibration of several types of pipettes. * Interpretation of chromatograms for validation of controls. Forensic Scientist I (Extraction Technologist) * Implement Standard Operating Procedures for extraction of various analytes * Validate numerous reagents, calibrators, and controls used in process of analyte extraction Specimen Technician I * Preparation of specimens for screening through centrifugation and aliquotting. * Serve as resource to coworkers and assists in the training of new personnel. Forensic Scientist I (Hair Screener) * Participate in completion of confirmation method and/or instrument validation studies. * Complete all required quality control and/or quality assurance documentation related to job function. * Utilize ELISA technique in process of screening for drug metabolites.
- Forensic Scientist I (Quality Control) at Quest Diagnostics
- Undergraduate Researcher in Weis Group at The University of Kansas
- Student Hourly at University of Kansas
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
I specialized in controlled substance identification. I interpreted the results of chemical analyses and issued written reports of my findings. I also technically and administratively reviewed the findings of others and provided expert witness testimony in courts of law. My analyses included a variety of wet chemical tests, low power magnification, and UV-Vis for the presumptive identification of unknowns, as well as GC-MS and FTIR for confirmatory testing. I assisted with laboratory tours and other public relations activities, including providing training to the law enforcement community. I also served as a mentor-supervisor for forensic science interns and maintained a liaison between forensic science educators, students, and the laboratory. I presented original research entitled UV Analysis in the Forensic Identification of Synthetic Cannabinoids at a professional conference.
- Forensic Scientist at Mississippi Crime Laboratory / Mississippi Forensics Laboratory
- Pharmacy Technician, CPhT at Walgreens
- Assistant Manager CPhT at Walgreens
- Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science - Forensic Chemistry
• Accredited by the College of American Pathologists
• Performed manual and automated testing on various biological and post-mortem samples
• Performed quality control for assays ran and ensured the values are within range before releasing results
• Operated and maintained instrumentation in Forensic Toxicology
- Forensic Scientist at Atlantic Diagnostic Laboratories
- Hostess at Texas Roadhouse in Washington PA
- Lab Assistant at Waynesburg University
- Tutor, Waynesburg University at Forensic Science and Chemistry Laboratories
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry-Forensic Science Option-American Chemical Society Accreditation - American Chemical Society
- - Study Abroad Student
Maintain chain of custody of forensic specimens, maintain legible and complete documents, and follow approved sample handling procedures for urine drug testing, oral fluid drug testing, and blood alcohol testing ❖ Follow all written procedures in departmental SOPs including LLE and manual/automated SPE ❖ Verify performance of all new reagents, calibrators, and quality controls and ensure that all required calibrators and quality control samples are included in each batch ❖ Demonstrate good analytical technique with minimal failed loads ❖ Interpret analytical data and input to LIMS ❖ Perform routine maintenance of equipment utilized in area of responsibility ❖ Program sequence table for sample analysis in both LC-MS and GC-MS ❖ Complete assigned continuing education activities and competency verification checks
- Forensic Scientist at Quest Diagnostics
- at Pretrial Services Agency - Office
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at GWU
- Assistant/Secretary (Intern) at Rovner, Allen, Rovner Law Offices
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MS in Forensic Toxicology - Forensic Toxicology
- BS in Forensic and Toxicological Chemistry - Psychology and Criminal Justice
DNA database analyst that processes offender samples for entry into the national database. Also responsible for QC of reagents and ensuring calibrations of instrumentation is done properly. Currently in charge of several special validation projects, processing challenging samples and helping maintain the CODIS network.
- Forensic Scientist II at Kentucky State Police Central Forensic Lab
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Biology
Provide laboratory analyses, reports and present testimony for these activities for controlled substances, fire debris and marijuana quantitation cases along with peer review of these types of case Involved in support activities critical to method development and providing the highest quality forensic science services Presented training seminars on fire debris to law enforcement and fire department personnel Minimized instrument down-time by becoming proficiently in troubleshooting computer and instrument issues
- Forensic Scientist at 3 WSP Crime Laboratory
- Chemistry Instructor (Adjunct) at MSD and GC
- at GC and HPLC
- Hourly Researcher U at W Medicinal Chemistry Dept
10 years, 11 months at this Job
• Follow all written procedures in departmental SOP.
• Ensure that all required calibrators and quality control samples are included in each batch.
• Demonstrate good analytical technique with minimal failed loads, capable of performing routine maintenance.
• Complete all required quality control and quality assurance documentation related to job function.
• Maintain acceptable productivity & quality levels, and notify Supervisor and/or Group Lead of equipment or production problems.
• Established understanding of techniques such as High Pressured Liquid Chromatography and Gas Chromatography.
- FORENSIC SCIENTIST at TOXICOLOGY & EXTRACTIONS DEPT
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT at HEFTY LAB
- STUDENT HEALTH ADVISORY BOARD CHAIR at
- UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at University of Kansas Undergraduate Biology Department
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science in Neurobiology - English, Creative Writing
Screen and confirm volatile compounds in biological samples by headspace chromatography-flame ionization
• Quantitatively analyze biological samples for fentanyl and fentanyl analogues by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
• Quantitatively analyze blood samples for amine compounds by LC-MS/MS
• Participate in method development and validation for fentanyl analogue method by LC- MS/MS
• Screen for acetaminophen and salicylates in blood by colorimetry
• Confirm methanol and formaldehyde in biological samples by colorimetry
• Analyze samples for carbon monoxide in blood by spectrophotometry
• Quantitatively analyze urine for carboxy-THC by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
• Screen urine samples for basic drugs by GC-MS
• Quantitatively analyze blood samples for basic drugs by GC-MS
• Quantitatively analyze biological samples for glycols by GC-MS
• Accession autopsy samples and police department samples into the laboratory
• Maintain chain of custodies
• Perform regular maintenance on the gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer instruments
• Perform regular maintenance on the liquid chromatograph-tandem mass spectrometer instrument
• Preparing reagents from purchased standards
• Use and maintain standard laboratory equipment including pipettes, gas tanks, balances, centrifuges, heat blocks, evaporators, etc.
• Perform laboratory functions according to American Board of Forensic Toxicology (ABFT), American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors - Lab Accreditation Board (ASCLD-LAB) (ISO 17025), and National Association of Medical Examiners (NAME) accreditation guidelines
- Forensic Scientist 1 at Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office
- Intern at Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's Office
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry and Forensic & Investigative Science