• Manage technical aspects of third party transfers from and to Bridgeton campus. Write and review protocols and summary reports, provide on-site and telephone support, work with third party vendors to successfully transfer products. Three products transferred during tenure at Virbac.
• Manage technical aspects of raw material supplier qualifications. Review technical documentation of prospective materials, write impact statements regarding raw material changes and new vendors.
• Provide technical reports and impact statements as needed to support manufacturing processes currently at Virbac.
- Formulation Chemist at Virbac Corporation
- Principal Chemist at RD Laboratories, Inc.
- Analytical Research and Development Supervisor at KV Pharmaceutical Company
- Coordinator of Validation Studies at Celsis Laboratory Group
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master's, Bachelors - chemistry
* Collaborate with the formulation chemist while producing, testing, and shipping different formulation batches. * Partner with the marketing and sales teams to provide samples in a timely manner. * Meet with vendors to procure new raw materials and negotiate pricing. * Multitask to meet tight deadlines and requests for testing. * Organize all administrative information through Optiva program. * Communicate with teams in the Tennessee facility for deliveries and project deadlines. * Update laboratory notebook with all tests and batches that have been completed. * Record and file completed formulas with appropriate documentation for batch record purposes.
- Formulation Chemist Technician at VI-JON RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT-HEALTH CARE TEAM
- Wet Chemist Analyst at TEST AMERICA ENVIRONMENTAL TESTING FACILITY
- Student Research Assistant at COLUMBIA COLLEGE
- Science Club Secretary at COLUMBIA COLLEGE
2 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology
- Masters of Science in Health Administration - Clinical Ethics
• Formulation of household care products
• Matched household products from national brands
• Bibliographic research and experimental testing of new raw materials
• Instruments: Silverson, Caframo, Spectrophotometer, Tergotometer and Turbidimeter
- Formulation Chemist at KIK Custom Products
- Formulation Chemist at 3V Sigma USA
- Cosmetic Chemist at Symrise
- Skin Care Chemist at L'Oreal
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science in Cosmetic Science - Cosmetic Science
- M.S. - Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- B.S. - Biotechnology
Responsibilities: R&D, Design of Experiment, Design of Mixtures, industry specific product formulation, product modification, cost refinement, performance analysis, process development, manufacturing, product application, customer relations, waste management, and EHS Co-coordinator. Accomplishments: Successfully developed a silicone emulsion defoam product line for Pulp and Paper, developed a new edge seal for manufactured boards, increased wax emulsion stabilities, cost reduction, reformulated wax emulsion for drywall, improved product performance, developed new manufacturing methods to increase productivity and lower plant costs, reduced manufacturing waste, implemented new waste management procedures.
- Formulation Chemist at Walker Emulsions
- Technical Sales Support Consultant at Garratt-Callahan
- Production & Scale-up Chemist/Engineer at AVI BioPharma (Now Sarepta)
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- B.S. of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
• Responsible for making batches, sampling demos, and assisting sales personnel.
• Responsible for record keeping, organization, completing tasks on time, and managing interns.
- Formulation Chemist at Grant Industries
- Sales Associate at Under Armour, Inc
- Chemistry Stock Room Worker at Elmira College
- Analytical Lab Technician at Elmira College
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology & Biochemistry
• Designing and developing bench top personal care formulations such as lotions, body butters, facial creams, cleansing gels, cleansing balms, and hair conditioners
• Project management from concept to finished product
• Managing multiple, concurrent development projects at a time
• Troubleshooting formulations for customers
• Research and testing of raw material properties and interactions
• Preparing formulations for Consumer and Research Guidance testing and prototypes for trade shows
• Conducting applications testing utilizing Dia-Stron instrumentation
• Conducting wet chemistry tests such as viscosity, water activity and solids content
• Maintaining the lab, equipment calibration and raw material inventory
- Formulation Chemist at Thor Specialties Inc
- Pharmacy Technician Trainee at CVS Pharmacy
- Formulation Chemist (Adecco Assignment) at Edgewell Personal Care, Inc./Energizer Personal Care
- Lab Technician (Manpower Assignment) at Unilever HPC
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Post-Baccalaureate Premedical Studies
- B.A - Biology
Responsibilities I formulate the saline solutions and synthesize the polymers needed for production. Accomplishments I am part of a team to trouble shoot the new area opening up for the latest product being released. Skills Used Chemistry, polymer synthesis, excell, word, pH readings, osmolality tresting,
- Formulation Chemist at Alcon
- Meat Clerk at Publix
- Lab technician, Quality Control at Lumite Incorporated
- Head Guard at AMS
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Material Science and Engineering
New formulation development. Improvement of existing formulas, processes, and documentation practices.
Accelerated stability testing on new formulas, packaging, and/or compounding procedures. Qualifying new vendors
for cost savings. Establishing product specifications, and testing methods. Generating documents necessary for sound production scale up and market entry. Assisting Quality Control and Production as needed.
Formulations, Reformulations, & Cost Savings
• Developed from scratch a Whole Foods approved Shampoo, Conditioner, and Body Wash Set with emphasis on natural ingredients, and high levels of Essential Oils (Organic Lavender, Peppermint).
• Reformulated Massage Products for odor control and oxidation resistance, using new natural antioxidant tech.
• Updated the Manufacturing Batch Record compounding procedures for numerous OTC products to assist in coherent data collection for all process validations performed in 2018.
• Re-wrote compounding procedures of existing major volume formulas to aid the polymer dispersion during scale-up to full production size, and ensure reasonable and efficient processing times.
• Introduced the Gardner Color Scale evaluation when receiving specific Raw Materials to limit color variations.
• Qualified new vendors of high volume raw materials, and negotiated lower pricing for >$50,000 annual savings. Content Created
• Robust OTC Accelerated Stability Testing Reports, for better compliance with 21 CFR 211.166 (a) (b).
• New R&D SOPs, and a new formulation numbering system.
• NPD check-list to provide R&D with a clear picture of what the idea generator wants the product to be.
- Sr. Formulation Chemist at SOMBRA Cosmetics
- Cosmetic Chemist at OL Products, Inc
1 year at this Job
- - SCC Continuing Education
Formulate new and existing products
- Formulation Chemist at M Plus
- Senior Formulation Scientist at PhytogenX, Inc
- Sr. Scientist at Criterion Chemical LLC and Solaris Pharmaceutical
- Sr Scientist at Johnson & Johnson (RMC) C&G
1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Biology, Minor: Chemistry and Business
• Spearheaded the origination and development of formulations for 2K high solids epoxy/non-chromate coating for aerospace MRO, OEM, and military markets.
• Originated and performance tested coating preparations for optimal functioning on a spectrum of substrates.
• Served as key contributor in bi-weekly project review meetings with project teams; projects included new product development, existing products optimization.
• Markedly improved product quality by implementing failure analysis and corrective actions for both company and customer quality audits.
• Executed the preparation, distribution, tracking and filing of technical reports, assessments and consult results in collaboration with group leaders.
• Generated test plans for finished premixes to establish minimum, target, and maximum specifications.
- Formulation Chemist at Akzo Nobel Coatings Inc
- COLOR SPECIALIST at Akzonobel
- LABORATORY ANALYST at Bureau Veritas
- CHEMISTRY STOCKROOM ASSISTANT at Kalamazoo College
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Health Studies