Develop personal care and cosmetic products from concept or base formulations to production. Interface regularly with the customers regarding formulation of the products. * Review ingredients in formulas for raw material substitution and recommend appropriate match. * Review procedure in formulas and adjust as needed so that standard procedures and equipment can be adapted. * Supervise pilot and first three production batches. * Provide troubleshooting expertise to correct in-process production issues.
- Formulation Scientist at PANROSA
- Analytical Scientist at ADVANCED BOTANICAL CONSULTING & TESTING INC
- Analytical Scientist at UBE ANALYTICAL LABORATORY INC
- Research Assistant at UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science - General Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
* Planned, conducted and interpreted formulation and process development experiments for drugs. * Developed and analyzed test sample and reviewed the outcomes. * Designed and produced pharmaceutical products in the form of capsules, powder, and tablets. * Prepared and optimized various pharmaceutical dosage forms and drug delivery systems. * Provided input and assistance to Quality Assurance and Operations for major process/product problems. * Wrote and maintained master formulas, manufacturing records, test reports and related protocols. * Interpreted and followed FDA and other governmental regulations for product formulations. * Troubleshooting of existing formulations
- Formulation Scientist at Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Formulation Scientist at Indoco Remedies Pvt Ltd
- Trainee at Pfizer India Ltd
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Pharmacy
Formulation development and process optimization of oral dosage drug product, in multiple collaborations with other departments, including API, Analytical R&D, QC&QA, Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Marketing, etc. Execution and technical support for trail, pilot, scale up and exhibit (registration) batches with cGMP compliant pharmaceutical environment, covering multiple dosage forms of DP, like dry solid suspension for straw administration, control-release double-layer tablets, multiple-layer pellet coating and tableting, etc. Lead R&D of Continuous Manufacturing Project, technical transfer from traditional pilot batch to continuous batch, identify Critical Material Attributes (CMAs) and build up excipient database based on PCA model. Development and patent writing for amorphous solid dispersions of new DP
- Formulation Scientist at Hisun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Research Scientist at Crystal Pharmatech Inc.
9 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Chemistry
- Master's - Polymer Chemistry and Physics
- Bachelor's - Chemical Engineering
Formulation development project technical leader, charged with creating and delivering long-lasting
controlled release innovative drug-device combination product. Played an integral role in driving planning,
development and validation of new drug product. Generated chemistry, manufacturing, and controls (CMC)
activities and documentation to support NDA regulatory filings to FDA.
• Led and executed developmental studies, authored technical protocols and reports that enabled NDA filing and approval of Perseris(TM), and addressed post-approval commitments to FDA. Perseris(TM) is an extended-release drug-device combination product, indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia.
• Worked with cross functional teams to drive technical solutions and device improvement, conducted human factor studies, assisted on qualification testing, specifications and approval of vendors.
• Conducted invention activities to strengthen company's intellectual property (IP)/ patent applications.
• Initiated pre-formulation and feasibility activities for new product development.
• Managed formulation development laboratory.
• Coordinated CMC monthly update to Global R&D and volunteered in communication committee to support company's culture building.
- Formulation Scientist at INDIVIOR INC
- Formulation Scientist at RECKITT BENCKISER PHARMACEUTICALS (parent company of Indivior Inc.)
- Scientist II at QLT INC
- Scientist I at ATRIX LABORATORIES
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Philosophy
- Master of Science
- Bachelor of Science
Prepare protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and final study reports. Assist in maintaining general laboratory functionality, including lab equipment maintenance and the ordering, receiving, and inventory management of lab supplies, raw materials, and components. Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes. Introduce new products by developing time-integrated plans. Monitor efficient working of all projects and ensure compliance with the project plan. Assist Business Development in preparation of R&D project proposals and provide adequate scientific formulation support to all assigned projects. Assists and/or takes responsibility for troubleshooting and root cause analysis when necessary. Develop and produce samples for customers and in-house comparison testing. Assist Quality Control and Production as needed
- Formulation Scientist at SanSal Wellness
- Laboratory Assistant at Campbell University
- Research Assistant at Campbell University
- Volunteer Leader at AISSMS Pharma Grad Association (APGA)
4 months at this Job
- Master's - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor's - Pharmacy (Chemistry)
• Lead formulation and scale-up activities
• Manage personnel, data and scheduling of daily activities while meeting deadlines
• Coordinate/lead manufacture of laboratory and commercial-scale batches
• Formulation/Process technical lead on several site/off site new projects
• Provide guidance to technicians/manufacturing personal during development/scale-up process
• Ensure selected formulations and manufacturing processes are feasible to transfer to assigned commercial manufacturing site
• Apply Quality by Design principles from initial development activities through commercial scale production to ensure manufacturability and quality of the final product
- Formulation Scientist at SPI Pharma
- Formulation Research and Development Technician at Perrigo
- Seal coat foreman at Black Gold Transportation Inc
- Security Officer at Saint Mary's Hospital
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Associate of Science - Engineering
- Associate of Arts - Business Management and Accounting
Work with new and existing customers along with the sales group to develop and formulate existing and/or new products; Propose and evaluate formulation strategies for R&D compounds; Record, compile, and analyze data and evaluation procedures; Conduct physiochemical characterization of new compounds (solubility and stability); Input new and/or revised products into a formula form and prepare for the quotation process; Work with purchasing group to locate and approve new raw materials and suppliers; Help troubleshoot manufacturing problems; and Generate supplement/nutritional facts for commercially manufactured formulations.
- Formulation Scientist at Lonza
- Chemistry Lab Supervisor at Lonza
- Senior Chemist at Lonza formerly Capsugel
- Quality Control Chemist at Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Generic pharmaceutical company that specializes in ophthalmics and injectables
● Conduct experiments to optimize process of formulation and investigate common variables such as order of addition and optimum pH range
● Perform literature and patent searches to confirm viability of processes
● Draft and execute protocols for stability tests in preparation for FDA submissions
- Formulation Scientist I at Akorn Pharmaceuticals
- Formulation Scientist I at A Pharmaceutical SolutionWorks
- Research Associate (contractor) at Cabot Microelectronics
- Tutor at Purdue Writing Lab
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chemistry
•Formulation development of liquids and solid drug products of new chemical entities or new dosage forms for existing drugs.
•Assists in implementation of new methods/processes to solve problems.
•To perform stability studies and maintains organized product records.
•Develops solutions, lyophilized injectables, and oral liquids, immediate or modified-release tablets, or topicals.
• Preformulation and drug characterization.
•Provides basic leadership in selected formulation technologies.
- Senior Formulation Scientist at Astron Lifescares Pvt LTd
- Junior Formulation Scientist at Montage Laboratories Pvt Ltd
- Lecturer & Associate Professor at SHRI B.M.SHAH COLLEGE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH,
- Production Supervisor at Brij Healthcare Pvt Ltd
1 year at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy,February 2010 (Awarded) - Pharmaceutical Science,
- Masters of Pharmacy - Industrial Pharmacy( Pharmaceutics)
- B.Pharm - Pharmacy
- Master of Business Administration (Continue) - Master of Business Administration
- GATE, IIT CHENNAI WITH 81.99 PERCENTILE - PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE
• Created original personal care formulations (including natural and organic products) based on desired ingredients, effects, and market for the target product. Responsible for the formulation process from conceptualization/design to execution from laboratory bench top batches to scale-up.
• Managed and prioritized R&D projects and technical improvements; provided formulation/R&D services for brand managers, production, and upper level management as needed.
• Responsible for sourcing new ingredients, meeting with and vetting suppliers, and staying informed regarding relevant new discoveries and trends in the industry.
• Created and verified accuracy of product labels, including raw material INCI names and product label claims.
• Spearheaded documentation review and standardization of production SOPs for 600 products. Produced product safety data sheets and responded to audit requests from customers and governmental organizations.
- Senior Formulation Scientist at Nutraceutical Corporation
- Ingredient Production Scientist at Firmenich
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at USF Analytical Chemistry Lab and Marine Microbiology Lab
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry