As a formulation scientist I work with a group of scientist, to develop quality drug tests. We come up with formulas and levels to perform each test type. We are responsible for making buffers, making stock gold, calculating, weighing chemicals, mixing chemicals, use of spectrophotometer, and centrifuge. We also make dummy devices to test before the product moves on to production.
- Formulation Scientist at Labcorp
- at Labcorp
- Medical Scientist at Labcorp
- Pharmacy Floater Technician at Piedmont Health Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
1) Pre-Formulation and Formulation Activities:
• Initiation of Formulation and Process development by extensive literature survey and pre- formulation including, but not limited to, drug and excipients characterization and excipient compatibility assessment.
• New product candidate selection, technology development and trouble-shooting of formulation processes.
• Hands-on experience with development of dosage forms such as sublingual spray formulations, nasal spray formulations, parenterals/injectables, oral solutions and capsules and tablets for small molecules and biologics.
• Successfully executed formulation and scale-up processes of Epinephrine Nasal Spray leading upto a Phase I Clinical Study.
• Development and optimization of novel and innovative dosage forms such as polymeric micelles, nanoemulsions, nanocrystals, microparticles solid-lipid nanoparticles.
• Responsible for drafting and reviewing patent filings to obtain Intellectual Property rights for a developed formulation product.
• Worked in close alignment with analytical scientists in formulation design and stability assessment (Assay and impurity analysis) by delegation and sharing responsibilities.
• Evaluated and reviewed data for compilation of pharmacokinetic parameters in animal studies, utilized softwares such as Design Expert to design and optimize relevant experimental parameters and additionally SPSS and Graph Pad to evaluate statistical considerations for in vitro and in vivo data.
- Formulation Scientist at Insys Development Company, Inc
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- PhD - Chemistry Manufacturing Control
- Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Sciences - Pharmaceutical Sciences
Responsible for the formulation development and technology transfer of generic pharmaceutical oral dosage forms.
• Develop new technologies, processes and product formulations for solid dosage form of pharmaceuticals. Projects can range from new product development, current product improvement, and ingredient evaluation.
• Design and conduct pre-formulation, formulation development, process development, process optimization, scale up and manufacturing and solve complex problems.
• Write, generate and review protocols, development reports, and master batch records.
• Responsible for creating, testing, evaluation, re-evaluation and formatting the product development image to conceptualization.
• Validate processes, procedures and formulations consistent with GMP requirements.
• Source, develop and work with outside laboratories and manufacturing facilities to identify and support innovative products and delivery method.
- Formulation Scientist at AustarPharma Inc
- Business Owner at C.F.A. International LLC
- Formulation Scientist at Glatt Air Techniques Inc
- Staff Formulator II at QS Pharma
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Biomedical Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science - Pharmaceutics
FDA regulated medical R&D facility * Plan and conduct research to develop new or improved product formulas for photothermographic medical imaging film and nano material transparent conductive film (TCF) * 10 years experience in formulating multi-layer, multiple polymer solutions, in solvent and aqueous systems * Prepare laboratory scale batches of prototype product and maintain records for future reference * Organize and conduct physical property testing of new and aged films for evaluation * Execute data entry and data management tasks * Analyze data to present to team members and management in timely fashion * Assist team members in analyzing or collecting data * Participate in new formulation scale-up from laboratory to manufacturing * Provide technical support for manufacturing scale up * Knowledge of thin film roll-to-roll coating: gravure, slide, and slot die * Familiar with common laboratory operations with knowledge of design of experiment (DoE) planning
- Formulation Scientist at Carestream Health
15 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science - Astrophysics
- Associate in Arts
Develop personal care and cosmetic products from concept or base formulations to production. Interface regularly with the customers regarding formulation of the products. § Review ingredients in formulas for raw material substitution and recommend appropriate match. § Review procedure in formulas and adjust as needed so that standard procedures and equipment can be adapted. § Supervise pilot and full-scale production batches. § Provide troubleshooting expertise to correct in-process production issues.
- R&D Formulation Scientist at PANROSA
- Analytical Scientist at ADVANCED BOTANICAL CONSULTING & TESTING INC
- Analytical Scientist at UBE ANALYTICAL LABORATORY INC
- Research Assistant at UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - General Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Chemistry
• Develop generic oral solid products with first to file opportunities. Design trial formulations and execute R&D experimental batches. Able to develop generic peptide products.
• Prepare, review all necessary GMP documents (batch records, validation protocols, tech transfer etc) for exhibit batches used for ANDA applications carried out in Mylan's manufacturing plant.
• Work with R&D technicians and specialists in manufacturing campaigns for exhibit batches to ensure all the steps were followed, provide trouble shooting and collect samples for further analysis
• Work closely with R&D chemistry group for evaluation of the drug products, and compile the data to present to the management for progress update
• Draft CMC submission documents for ANDA filing to FDA in eCTD format (1 product filed and under FDA review; 1 passed BE study, pending application).
• Provide support for FDA comment letter response for earlier filed products. Activities included: additional experimental batches to evaluate tooling designs; additional study on physical properties of tablets; additional DOE study on compression parameters for proposed formulations.
- Formulation Scientist at Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Formulation Scientist at Endo Pharmaceutical
- Research Assistant at School of Pharmacy
- Intern at Oral Drug Products, Manufacturing Science and Technology, Abbvie Inc
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Master in Chemistry - Chemistry
- BSc in Chemistry - Chemistry
WEST POINT SITE | JULY 2017-CURRENT process. This includes Spray Drying, Roller Compacting, Granulating, Blending, Milling, Slugging, Tableting, Encapsulating, Fluid Air Bed Drying and more. Spray Drying is a major aspect of my position, this has taught me how to better understand proper management and handling of solvents, high-pressure vessels and much more. I am also responsible for gathering and organizing the data gathered from all West Point spray drying runs. This has taught me great organization and data management skills. Another important aspect of my role is to perform and analyze compaction profiles. This involves several steps and a great deal of planning and time management. To go from blending to a compaction profile and then to tableting has taught me how to plan for an experiment, gather data and to then analyze that data to make future decisions. These research experiences allowed me to deeply explore and become familiar with various laboratory techniques
- FORMULATION SCIENTIST at EUROFINS
- UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCHER at UNIVERSITY OF THE SCIENCES
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Pharmaceutical Chemistry
• Develops new formulations of beauty products including lotions, sunscreens, shampoo, mouthwash, etc.
• Tests stability, analyzes aesthetic appeal and creates new formulas to improve existing products
• Benefit team brainstorming by utilizing unique knowledge of food grade ingredients
• Leads food applications initiative for a propylene glycol alternative
- Formulation Scientist at ACT Solutions Corp
- Confectionery Applications Intern at International Flavors & Fragrances
- Food Service Intern at Aramark
- Lab Assistant at Aramark
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Food Science
Automated and Manual Lab equipment operation and troubleshooting
● Adheres to safety regulations, lab SOP's, and contamination protocols
● Operation and trouble shooting of custom software packages
● Translates order requirements into a process to formulate oligos to the customer's specifications
● Hazardous materials spill response team member including: SCBA, respirator, and hasmat suit protocols
● Certified trainer
- Formulation Scientist at Integrated DNA Technologies
- Assistant Manager at Sauce
- Bartender/Staff at Thirdbase-Fieldhouse
- Lab Assistant at Dr. Soll- University of Iowa
5 years, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. - Comprehensive Biology
- BA - HEALTH AND HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
Formulation and Reformulation support for OTC and consumer products- bench top lab batch
preparation of formulas according to the Food and Drug Administration, OSHA, EHS Guidelines.
• Scale up from lab to production level.
• Maintain and manage laboratory inventory of raw materials which includes ordering from suppliers or Skillman warehouse, receiving into CMS system, anticipating amounts needed for future batches so workflow maintains continuity, and following proper tracking and disposal methods.
• cGMP lab notebook documentation.
• Pre-reviewing Authorization for Product Release & Batch record
• Measure Brookfield viscosity, pH and aesthetic monitoring of stability samples.
• Write specifications and working within the internal databases to document and view product information.
• Work closely and manage support functions such as Analytical, Micro, QA, Regulatory and Medical Safety.
• Root cause analysis of quality assurance issues in manufacturing.
• Manage and conduct consumer studies
- Formulation Scientist (Kelly Services Contractor) at Johnson & Johnson
- Research Assistant at NJIT
- Summer Intern at Ranbaxy Research Laboratories
- Summer Intern at Appin Knowledge Solutions
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Biomedical Engineering
- - Technology