Managing Editor, Healthplan Magazine - The American Association of Health Plans, Washington, D.C. Proofed and edited all articles for the magazine. Managed a pool of freelance writers. Helped to generate article ideas and research methods. Managed each issue to ensure it was on time and under budget. Collaborated with graphic designers to assure quality and style. Worked with our advertising agency to assure our advertisers were satisfied. Handled all billing for advertising. Worked with each area of the association to keep abreast of news in the world of health insurance. Associate Editor, Southeast Ohio Magazine - Ohio University, Athens, Ohio Contributed articles to the publication. Proofed and edited articles from other writers. Helped generate and choose images and graphics for the publication. Fitness Columnist, The Old Town Crier, Alexandria, VA Writer, Remodeling Magazine, Washington, D.C. Writer, Around the Table: A Community Dialogue (community newsletter), Athens, Ohio Public Relations Specialist, Office of the Secretary of Transportation, U.S. Department of Transportation, Washington, D.C. Wrote, edited, posted, and released speeches, press releases and media advisories. Assisted the Secretary of Transportation (Sec. Rodney Slater and Sec. Norman Minetta) with media interviews, video shoots and conferences. Managed the clips department staff, and the Media Center. Pitched stories and press conferences to national media. Arranged media interviews for the Secretary of Transportation. Created and maintained the public affairs portion of the USDOT website. Handled all media relations for the DOT Fitness Center. Monitored print and broadcast media for DOT and transportation news coverage. Assisted camera crews and reporters during press conferences. Audio edited speeches and conferences to provide sound bites to radio stations. Greene County Children Services, Public Relations Specialist, Xenia, Ohio Public face of Greene County Children Services. Developed and oversaw public relations for the agency. Handled all media calls/inquiries. Wrote all public agency communications (press releases, fact sheets, brochures). Planned events to promote agency awareness. Worked with community partners on awareness campaigns and donation drives. Created and managed the budget for the public relations department. Represented the agency at the local Chamber of Commerce meetings. Worked closely with County Commissioners on the agency image. Wrote, edited and designed four newsletters (one internal, three external) using Adobe InDesign. Brokered all ad sales, print jobs, and web management. Chaired a statewide committee of Public Information Officers from public child welfare agencies. Assisted staff with wellness goals, implemented employee wellness programs into this high-stress environment.
- Freelance Copy Editor at Copy Cat Copy Editing and Proofreading Services, LLC
at this Job
- Master of Science - Communications/Journalism
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Highly experienced, versatile copy editor and proofreader with years of experience working with ad agencies, nonprofits, book publishers, educational consultants. Clients include Disney, NBC Universal, Ralph Lauren, Netflix, IBM, Harvard University, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, W.W. Norton, Eating Well Magazine, and numerous others.
- Freelance Copy Editor/Proofreader at Watson Editorial
- Communications Specialist at Center for Educational Technology at Middlebury College
- Associate Editor and Registrar at Association of Clinical Scientists
- Editorial Assistant at Publishing, Microcosm Books, John Wiley & Sons
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Art/English
-Copy edit reports, training materials and PowerPoint presentations for a diversity training/consulting company -Copy edited two dissertation research plans for doctoral candidates
- Freelance Copy Editor at Self-Employed
- Real Estate Assistant at Shapiro, DiCaro & Barak, LLC
- Estate Paralegal at The Williams Law Firm, LLP
- Technical Support/Quality Assurance/Customer Service at Verizon Wireless
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Achieve the publication's desired content and image by editing art and copy with 100% accuracy and consistency using proper grammar, punctuation, type specs, typography, grids, folios and pagination; ensure all copy adheres to appropriate style guides; ensure content conforms to client's taste by using appropriate voice, tonality and message to support client's vision; review each stage of the written piece to ensure that all marked internal changes and client changes are done accurately and with no newly introduced errors; engage in content generation with client to establish strong, cohesive content for the written piece; coach client on stylistic, grammatical and punctuation options
- Freelance Copy Editor & Proofreader at Flint Work Creative Consulting
- Social Director at Ann Taylor of Ann, Inc
- Disney Photo Imaging Photographer/Lead at Aulani, A Disney® Resort & Spa
- Writing Consultant at University of Hawaii Manoa Writing Center
6 years at this Job
- B.A. - English & Communications
Work remotely with a team of translators, graphic designers and project managers to ensure copy for several popular
Chinese comic books is ready for English-speaking markets.
• Proofread and edit translated copy for grammar, spelling and clarity
• Work on five to six comics simultaneously while ensuring that all copy is final by each comic's deadline
• Partner with translators to preserve the author's intended message
- Freelance Copy Editor at Jian Lai Limited
- Freelance Writer/Copy Editor at UMass Memorial Health Care
- Communications Manager at UMass Memorial Health Care
- Editor of Atlas at Senior Communications Specialist, Tiffany & Co
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - News and Editorial
Most crucial member of the editing team (line and rewrite editor) for Civil Rights Baby: My Story of Race, Sports, and Breaking Barriers in American Journalism (Casa- Express, Paris, 2019), a memoir written by Paris-based broadcast trainer Nita Wiggins. Other Offerings: Authored 100 newspaper articles. Wrote and self-published five books of fiction. Twelve years in word processing; four years of training in AP Style and prescriptive grammar. Typing speed: 80 wpm. Expert use of Microsoft Word. Administrative and customer-service experience (part of a three-member truck-driver support team). Eleven years of experience in the trucking industry, including in-house management, over- the-road tractor-trailer driving, team driving, and local driving. Eleven years in UPS warehouse and delivery, including service in yard jockeying, out-of-state airport runs, and hazmat training.
Most crucial member of the editing team (line and rewrite editor) for Civil
Rights Baby: My Story of Race, Sports, and Breaking Barriers in American Journalism (Casa- Express, Paris, 2019), a memoir written by Paris-based broadcast trainer Nita Wiggins.
Other Offerings: Authored 100 newspaper articles. Wrote and self-published five books of fiction. Twelve years in word processing; four years of training in AP Style and prescriptive
grammar. Typing speed: 80 wpm. Expert use of Microsoft Word. Administrative and customer-service experience (part of a three-member truck-driver support team).
Eleven years of experience in the trucking industry, including in-house management, over- the-road tractor-trailer driving, team driving, and local driving. Eleven years in UPS warehouse and delivery, including service in yard jockeying, out-of-state airport runs, and hazmat training.
- Freelance Copy Editor at Self
- Grammar Editor & Fiction Writer at Journalism/Publishing
- Over-the-Road Driver at Nussbaum Transportation
- Over-the-Road (OTR) Truck Driver at Crete Carrier Corporation
2 months at this Job
- - English (Rhetoric and Composition)
- - English (Creative Writing) and Communications (Journalism)
• 1 of 2 copy editors for film, television, anime categories
• Part of international team with colleagues in U.S. and Asia
- Freelance Copy Editor at Ranker.com
- Freelance Content Writer at Higher Education Network
- Freelance Search Analyst at Search Strategy Solutions
- News and Trends Editor at Microsoft Bing
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
Freelance Copy Editor
- Owner and Editor at EKS
- Academic Advisor, II at Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station
- at Unemployed
- Senior Academic Advisor, II at Texas A&M University Department of Educational Psychology
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Higher Education
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Proofread articles for accuracy, grammar and style Experienced copy editor
● Rewrite articles as needed Skilled in research, writing and
● Meet pressing deadlines proofreading Proficient in Microsoft Word
- freelance copy editor at Ami Magazine
- PTA Vice President at Jewish Educational
- Account Executive at Noonan Russo
- intern at Susannah Greenberg Public Relations
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. in Communications - New York
• Edited "If It Puns, Shoot It, " a book of witticisms and puns.
• Led coordination with publishing house to expedite process and improve quality of final product.
• Copy edited for a historian writing daily posts on a prominent cable television channel's website.
• Increased productivity and efficiency by researching hundreds of possible topics for daily posts and organized into a self-created calendarized spreadsheet.
- Freelance Copy Editor and Researcher at
- Volunteer Explainer at NEW-YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- Academic & Standardized Test Tutor at PJL EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
- Sales Associate at ACKER MERRALL & CONDIT COMPANY
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Financial Analysis