Write and edit for websites on personal finance, insurance, real estate, mortgages and general interest topics. Clients have included HSH.com, Bankrate.com, InsuranceQuotes.com, Dealnews.com, Allstate, MortgageLoan.com, and TheCreditSolution.com, among many others using SEO and keywords. Also write press releases and reports, and assign stories to freelance writers as editor of a credit website.
- Freelance Journalist at Self-employed freelance journalist
- Section Editor at AOL
- Assistant Metro Editor at CONTRA COSTA TIMES
- Copy Editor at CONTRA COSTA TIMES
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- BA - Journalism
Freelance Journalist, Chicago, IL, 10/2018 – Present
• Published an opinion article which became the headline piece on military topics website - Task and Purpose
• Republished by Business Insider in Military and Defense section
• Reporting on the future implementation of a gunshot trauma kit on the South Side of Chicago by a local veteran
• Granted full access for long form story on the Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Art Therapy Department
• Reporting with a billion-dollar company on job market effects of robotic process automation and artificial intelligence
- Freelance Journalist at
- Editorial Fellow at Military Times
- Marine Products Sales Specialist at Trivantage
- Account Representative at
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Journalism - Politics and Conflict Reporting Seminar
- Bachelor of Arts in English - Creative Writing
- - Spanish
A veteran journalism and communications professional with experience in marketing, I have strong editing and writing chops with a knack for compelling narrative. My skill set spans legacy and digital channels,
with proven content team leadership. Based in New England, I am available for work worldwide.
FREELANCE JOURNALIST 2008 to present
Feature writer, columnist, and stringer for state and national clients
• News writing for Bloomberg News, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.
• Feature and column writing for Foodies of New England, Arkansas Life, and Sky Magazine.
• Other clients included Organization for International Investment, public radio, University of Arkansas affiliates, public radio, trade and industry publications.
- FREELANCE JOURNALIST at News writing for Bloomberg News
- Senior content creator for B2B marketing agency at News writing for Bloomberg News
- Managing editor at News writing for Bloomberg News
- Managing editor at KDC COMMUNICATIONS/STEPHENS MEDIA
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - English
Freelance Project Highlights February 2011-Present
• Contributing Journalist at Inside Publications: Develop story ideas, pitch editor, cover community events and write various articles about community residents, events and issues impacting the North Side of Chicago. 2012 Finalist for Chicago’s esteemed Lisagor Award for article about Sarah’s Circle and their efforts to assist homeless women.
• Communications Reporter at U.S. Cellular: Interviewed, researched and drafted articles for weekly e-newsletter. Guided process of approval for written materials from top-level executives in a timely manner. Developed communication plans and strategies that supported multiple departments and initiatives unique to their area of business.
• Publicist for Chicago Metro Association for the Education of Young Children: Generated publicity and assisted in creating public relations and communications strategy. Obtained media placement in various media outlets regarding organization’s initiatives for placements that included ABC7 midday and Chicago’s largest bilingual Hispanic newspaper, Lawndale News.
• Publicist for Power Yoga Chicago: Developed publicity strategy to promote studio expansion. This strategy involved pitch development that secured both hyperlocal and city-wide news coverage.
• Orman Music Media Group: Assisted in developing media list and pitching local media and secured ABC7 midday interview and music segment for Illinois Supporting All Veterans Equally, (ISAVE), for their Illinois Warrior Summit & 4th Annual Welcome Home Celebration at Soldier Field. Secured ABC7 midday interview for children’s music legend and Smithsonian Folkways Artist, Ella Jenkins.
- Freelance Journalist and Communications Specialist at Freelance
- Consultant at A. LaVelle Consulting
- Sr. Account Executive at Orman Music & Media Group
- Account Assistant at Jasculca Terman & Associates
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Public Relations
Create news packages for local Ohio Valley events (see below for links to videos)
● Shoot, edit, write and anchor all stories
● Interview individuals on camera
● Proficient with Panasonic HVX200 camera and Avid Media Composer
- Freelance Journalist at Freelance Work
- Legal Proofreader at Williams Lea Tag
- at City of Follansbee
- Master Control Operator at WTOV-TV
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Communication
Responsibilities Write investigative, news, feature, and service articles for national magazines and websites. Produce stories on on domestic policy, particularly criminal justice, immigration, and youth policy. I also write stories on real estate, business, higher education, and related topics. Seeking full-time and freelance opportunities. Identify trends and seek out data sources, develop story pitches, identify and interview sources, draft and edit stories, incorporate revisions, manage final read-back, and promote published articles through TV and radio interviews and social media. Clients include Salon, The American Prospect, Good, The Fiscal Times, Men’s Health, The Crime Report, and Comstock’s Magazine. Complete clips and full resume at www.stevenyoder.net.
- Freelance Journalist at Self
- Consulting Writer-Editor and Proposal Writer at Self
- Managing Editor and Senior Writer-Editor at National Clearinghouse on Families & Youth
17 years at this Job
- BS, BA - International Agriculture, Spanish
- - Data-Driven Journalism (course)
- - Boot Camp for Journalists
- - Writing Headlines for the Web (course)
- Graduate coursework - the Publications Specialist Program (Fundamentals of Copyediting; Substantive Editing; The Consummate Writer; Printing and the Graphic Arts)
• Produce freelance journalism and digital media commissions for print and online publication
• Partnered with Oregon nonprofit to produce feature-length documentary on healthcare and America’s nuclear legacy
- Freelance Journalist at Red Torch llc.
- Reporter, Healthcare & Nonprofits at The Watertown Daily Times
- Writer/Researcher at Science & Memory
- Writer/Photographer at Ethos and Flux Magazines
at this Job
- BA - Journalism
Write factually correct, concise and engaging news stories within tight deadlines. Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interviews, observation and research. Reported and authored front-page stories I do Freelance on a variety of topics, and also cover my own beat over the local Tyler Civic Theatre covering all of their events and plays.
- Freelance Journalist at Tyler Morning Telegraph
- General Manager at Yamato
- Photolab Technician at Brookshires
- Book Keeper and FOH staff member at Red Robin
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Mass Communication
- - PR and marketing
- High School Diploma
- - PR and Marketing
Journalist specializing in long form features. Outlets include: Rolling Stone, Newsweek, BBC Online, Aeon, SBNation, Sports on Earth.
- Freelance Journalist and Editor at Newsweek, BBC Online, Aeon, SBNation, Sports on Earth
- Writer-at-Large, B/R Mag at Newsweek, BBC Online, Aeon, SBNation, Sports on Earth
- Features writer/ TV journalist at Newsweek, BBC Online, Aeon, SBNation, Sports on Earth
7 years at this Job
- MA - Geography
- BA - Sociology
Journalist and correspondent for the news as a freelance.
• Freelance journalist for multiple magazines
- Journalist at news,
- at Santa Monica
- Self-employed at Persent Shaulina
- at Advance screenwriting school University of Tel Aviv
14 years at this Job