Portage Indiana 07/2017 to Current Work with shipper's (companies) setting on freight moved, locate carrier's (truck driver's, owner operators) follow the load once it's tendered, make calls from the pick-up to delivery, I have personal driver's and also utilize 4 load boards as well Mcleod software for management
- Locomotive Engineer/ freight broker at HLC Freight Broker, LLC
- Locomotive Engineer at Watco Companies
- track-mobile operator at Salvage Services
- Track foreman at Elgin, Joliet and Eastern Railway
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school
I am looking for a long-term career opportunity where I can use my skills as a seasoned professional to join a team where I can grow, learn and thrive. Freight Broker 10/2018 to present King of Freight As a freight broker new to this industry, my primary responsibilities include cold calling potential customers, research freight options, extensive communications, tracking and superior customer service to establish my good client base.
- Freight Broker at King of Freight
- Unemployed at Unemployed
- General Manager / Director of Sales at Country Inns & Suites
- leader at Country Inns & Suites
5 months at this Job
- High school
Perform freight services according to company and government regulations. As a Freight Broker, planning and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules while working with Shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage the schedules. Job responsibilities include; tracking and report shipment status to customers, manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner. Also, respond to customer concerns and queries professionally. It was a must to always maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
- FREIGHT BROKER at King of Freight
- CUSTOMER RELATIONS SPECIALIST at Eddy's Toyota of Wichita
- at Heartspring
- at INTERSHIP WITH WICHITA STATE UNIVERITY COOPERATIVE LEARNING EDUCATION
5 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - PSYCHOLOGY
- MASTERS IN MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY - MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY
- Marriage and Family Therapy degree
A freight broker coordinates the transportation of goods and acts as a mediator between shippers and motor carriers. A broker is basically the "middle man" between those who have freight to move, and those who actually move the freight. Freight brokers work closely with manufacturers and distributors by finding qualified carriers to haul their shipments. A motor carrier may be an individual owner-operator (O/O) who owns and operates his/her own truck independently or a large trucking company with hundreds, even thousands of trucks.
- Freight Broker at Ilanga Logistics Inc
- Customer Service / Operations Agent at Quick International Courier
- Canvasser/Team Leader at Amnesty International USA
- Dispatcher at Imperial Moving and Storage
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- - Physics
Freight Broker Auto Transport Broker Truck Dispatch
- Auto/Freight Broker at TradexUSALogistics
- Retail Sales Associate at Sprint
- Sales at Big Bus Tours Miami
- Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Assistant at Rite-Care Medical Center
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Fire Fighter I - Medicine, Fire, First response
- AA - Finance and Marketing, Minor Music
- High school Diploma
Freight broker. Building client relations. Very knowledgeable with ITS Dispatch. DAT. Carrier 411.
- Carrier Representative/Freight Broker at DADA LLC
- Server/Customer Service at Outback Steakhouse
- Client Relations Supervisor at Cario Medical
- Office Administrator at University of Colorado
2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Freight Broker. Making outbound calls to companies and building relationships with customers in order to plan their full and partial truck load shipments all over the US and Canada. Arrange trucking, pick up and delivery times for customers. Handle past due bills, get the proper paperwork from trucking companies and businesses in order to bill the customer and pay the truckers.
- Freight Broker at King of Freight
- Customer Service Representative at ADT Security Services
- Material Handler at Express Employment Professionals
- Sales Associate at Bridgestone Retail Operations
4 months at this Job
• Freight Broker working with multiple freight carriers domestically and globally setting up freight transportation for various types of companies and large businesses.
• Perfect record moving freight, driven, prospected and created partnerships with many different distribution centers and created profitable, lasting partnerships.
- Freight Broker/Agent at Mylogisticsbroker.com/Globaltranz
- Fine Wine and Spirit Sales Consultant at Vinecraft/Domaine Select Fine Wines and Spirits
- Florida State Regional Sales Manager at Devotion Spirits LLC
- Sales Consultant/Hotel Division at Southern Wine & Spirits Of Florida
2 years, 6 months at this Job
09/2017 - 02/2019
● Ranked 80th in company of 3000 brokers in my tenure
● Prospected, acquired customers and managed own successful book of business
● Extensive experience with cold calling, warm calling, generating leads
● Trained and mentored my own assistant
● Extensive knowledge in the transportation of dry, refrigerated, flatbed, oversized, LTL , and intermodal shipments
● Planned routes for various shipments according to special events, customer needs and weather
● Database management
● Schedule coordination
● Monitored the market and negotiated freight rates based on trends.
● Implemented sales strategies to maximize close ratios
● Tracked shipments and trucks out on deliveries.
● Enforced on-time shipments of products through carrier qualification and communication to create exceptional customer experiences.
● Able to persuade others effectively
● Coordinated quarterly business reviews alongside senior management.
● On-the-spot problem-solving skills
● Established long-term customer relationships
● Communicated all emergencies, delays due to weather and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors.
● Achieved sales goals and service performance goals of by cultivating and securing new customer relationships .
● Negotiated and prepared sales contracts for new and existing customers.
- Freight Broker at Total Quality Logistics Inc
- Sales Marketing Agent at Diamond Resorts International
- Landscape Installation Technician and Irrigation Specialist at Lone Cactus Landscaping Inc
- Satellite Technician at Direct TV
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Music, Business
- - sales
• Insure driver success through relationship building, effective communication, positive recognition and timely addressing of issues (personal and performance related)
• Provide complete load information, including routing and directions to ensure drivers are fully prepared for work assignment
• Assist/coach drivers on time management issues, i.e., departure times, driving time management to insure on-time delivery, split sleeper logging, and off-duty/work activity that will result in adequate rest time
• Assist/coach drivers accurate and timely Qualcomm usage.
• Monitor all Qualcomm messages and incoming phone calls to address issues regarding driver HOS/compliance, Qualcomm entries, breakdowns, customer inquiries, etc.
• Listen and communicate effectively with other non-driving staff; function as a liaison between the driver and other departments to facilitate problem resolution Freight Broker
• Perform freight services according to company and government regulations.
• Negotiate contract and pricing agreements with carriers
• Plan and coordinate pick-up and delivery schedules.
• Work with Shippers, Carriers and Dispatchers to manage the schedules.
• Track and report shipment status to customers.
• Manage multiple deliveries, process spot requests and develop new sales strategies to improve business
• Resolve freight discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Respond to customer concerns and queries professionally.
• Maintain positive and productive relationship with customers.
• Identify and contact qualified carriers for freight services.
• Provide special discounts and promotions to customers.
• Maintain strong relationship with multiple carriers.
• Ensure that freight paperwork are completed and approved before transportation.
• Maintain freight files and customer receipts for reference purposes.
- Driver Manager / Freight Broker at Ross Logistics
- Director of Transportation at Lamar Consolidated Independent School District
- Account Executive for Oklahoma & South Texas at AdComp Systems Inc
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Analyst at Tulsa Public Schools
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Business Admin