Buffalo, NY Freight Conductor - Class I Railroad * Ensure full compliance with all train orders, signals, and FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) regulations * Work on a rotating, time intensive, and time sensitive schedule to support a 24/7 operation including year round operation and holidays * Carefully review instructions from dispatchers and yardmasters including the effective conveyance of information to locomotive engineers and train crews * Review all bulletins, work orders, and switch lists; transmit information by telephone and radio including the conveyance of complex tasks in an easy to understand manner * Demonstrate thorough understanding of FRA regulations throughout all aspects of work, regardless of the task at hand * Conduct in-depth equipment, rolling stock, motive power, and fixed asset inspections prior to, during, and after departure * Instruct train crews and assist in the coupling and uncoupling of cars, switch operation, and repairs to rolling stock including a variety of brake and coupling repairs * Work closely with all rail customers to insure the accurate movement and placement of cars and equipment * Maintain exceptional standards within a high public visibility environment * Operate radio operated motive power * Full understanding of signals used in the rail industry, both color and hand systems * Responsible for maintaining a secure, safe environment including monitoring all activity of those within the vicinity and handling/reporting any suspicious activity * Utilize exceptional mechanical abilities and sound troubleshooting skills to make precise adjustments when operating equipment and vehicles
- Freight Conductor at CSX Transportation
- Shipping and Receiving Supervisor at Tractor Supply Company
- Equipment Operator/Laborer at D.W.B Enterprise
- Manufacturing Supervisor at Niagara Ceramics Corp
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Automotive Mechanic/Technical Program - Mechanics
- High School Diploma
- Freight Conductor Training
As a freight conductor, I was responsible for the safe handling and delivery of rail cars from the originating terminal to their final destination while achieving 100% rules compliance. This involved evaluating consists to ensure safe marshaling of any hazardous or sensitive materials, as well as coordinating any train movements with yardmasters and/or rail traffic controllers. Performance of these duties required being trained and qualified in USOR (United States Operating Rules) as well as being familiar with all pertinent FRA regulations. I was also qualified as an RCO operator for remote control locomotive operations.
- Freight Conductor at Canadian National
- Patrol Officer/ Detective at Southaven Police Department
- Customer Service Representative at Verizon Wireless
- IT Analyst at Canadian National Railway
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
- BS - Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement
- AS - General Studies
• I entered the railroad industry with no experience, completed a five and half week classroom training environment, and spent 6 months in the field training on physical characteristics and more in depth job detail. As of now I am a Qualified Freight Conductor with a Certification, and working a scheduled job involving:
• Rail Car Switching procedures
• Organization and making up of designated trains
• Communication with management
• Following strict rule and safety policies involving several books and laws
• Safe work habits
• The ability to work as directed, with frequently changing work requirements
- Freight Conductor at CERTIFIED FREIGHT CONDUCTOR
- Supervisor / Tow Truck Operator at Ernie's Towing
- Lawn Care Specialist at WeedMan Lawn Care
- Laborer at New England Greenscapes
1 year at this Job
- High School Diploma
Responsible for coordinating all of the train crews’ activities, the freight that is being transported and the safe arrival of the train to its destination. Review schedules, throw rail switches, maintain shipping records and paperwork, properly distributing weight throughout the train and operate freight cars in the rail yard.
- Freight Conductor at Norfolk Southern Railroad - Conductor
- Truck Driver Class A at Willow Run Foods
- Field technician/Direct Sales Representative at Spectrum
- Tire Press Operator at Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling Corporation
11 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Information Management
- High school or equivalent - General
I completed my class 1 railroad freight conductor certification in Atlanta,GA on December 21st 2018, but due to recent company wide lay offs and not having enough seniority I was 1 of 3,000 employees laid off from the Railroad recently seeking employment. Constantly working in extreme cold and hot environments including all weather conditions for up to 12 hours.
- Freight Conductor at Norfolk Southern Corp
- Diesel Technician at G.W. Smith Hauling LLC
6 months at this Job
- Paint & Body - Paint & Body
- Basic Automotive - Automotive
- High school or equivalent - General Education
- Automotive - Automotive
• Working various hours transporting freight cars from Selkirk, NY to Boston, MA
• Enforcing strict rules and regulations for safety purposes
• Safe handling of loading and unloading of freight cars
• Ensure proper inspection of all freights cars to avoid issues en route
• Troubleshoot and resolve any equipment failures such as break linkages, air hoses, change knuckles that weigh 80 pounds each and resolve any mechanical malfunctions including defect alarms while en route to our destination
• Transportation of hazardous material
• Ensuring proper paper work in possession while en route.
• Build knowledge of 350 miles of railroad tracks, terrain and speed limits. Resume,
- Freight Conductor CSX Transportation at Freight Conductor
- at UXO Tech
- Security Police Officer at Lockheed Martin, Knolls Atomic Power Lab
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
Supervise train crews on a freight train and coordinate switch crews. Place cars to facilitate loading and unloading and the makeup and breakdown on trains in a rail yard, industrial plant, or similar location.
- Freight Conductor at CSX
- Operations Manager at FedEx
- Banquet Server/Shuttle Driver/Prep-Cook at Sheraton Bwi Hotel
8 months at this Job
Supervise train crews on a freight train and coordinate switch engine crews. Place cars to facilitate loading and unloading and the makeup and breakdown on trains in a rail yard, industrial plant or similar location.
- Freight Conductor at CSX CORPORATION
- Concrete Finisher/ Form Setter/ Rodbuster at Trillium Staffing
- Freight Conductor at CSX Corporation
- Concrete Finisher/Form Setter/Rodbuster at CME Corporation
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certificate - Auto Body and Paint
- High School Diploma
- OSHA 30 Certificate
• Supervised and maintain daily operations of locomotive freight trains
• Prepared and maintain proper documentation of rail cars, ensuring on point arrival.
• Ensured equipment is repaired in accordance with applicable technical manuals.
• Collaborated with train and yard masters to ensure efficient organizational operations.
• Communicated all emergencies, weather delays and carrier schedule changes to customers and supervisors.
• Established and maintained long term customer relations through prompt and courteous service.
• Adhered to all written safety procedures for safe and efficient operations.
• Followed all company procedures to help maintain a safe and positive work environment.
- Freight Conductor at NORFOLK SOUTHERN RAILROAD
- High School Teacher at JAG EDUCATION SERVICES
- Delivery Specialist at SULLY'S TOOL AND PARTY RENTAL
- Associate Teacher at Behavioral Specialists
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Education - Education
I work as a Freight Conductor/RCO ( Remote Control Operator ) from Hialeah Yard in Miami, Florida. It includes on call shift work outdoors and in all weather conditions. My job consists of compliance with all FRA and Company rules and regulations and the safe movement of freight cars and trains.
- Freight Conductor/RCO at CSX Transportation Inc
- Contractor at People Link Staffing Solutions/Duraline
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- Railroad Conductor School - Freight Conductor Training Course
- Welding and Joining Technology Diploma - Welding
- High School Diploma - Grade School