Front Office Medical Assistant Answer phone calls, greet patients, assist other healthcare facilities and schedule patients.
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Quick Visit Medical Office
6 months at this Job
- Certificate for Medical Assisting - Medical Assisting
- High school or equivalent
Front office medical assistant, check out patients , referral coordinator, answer high volume of phone calls, schedule appointments , ekg scheduling and nvc, electronic records, advancd md .
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Medical clinic of Arizona
- Receptionist at Law office of Emilia Banuelos
- Front Office Medical Assistant at 6th Ave Womens Clinic / David Greenspan
- Assistant to paralegal and attorney in a immigration office at Banuelos Law Office Emilia C. Banuelos
2 months at this Job
• Office Manager - manage daily operations of the office, monitor outgoing and incoming correspondence, interview/hire applicants, train new employees/interns, confirm and update employer's certifications, and credentials, annual Medicare Attestation: Meaningful Use/PQRS; monitor inventory/supply orders, manage employer's schedule, schedule staff/vendor meetings, other miscellaneous office tasks.
• Back Office Medical Assistant - Room patients, obtains vitals, clean/prepare exam rooms, preform diagnostic testing: EKG, ICG, Treadmill Stress Test, Spirometry, Holter monitor; administer injections, venipuncture, prepare lab specimens for collection, instruct patients on physician orders, fill medication orders, coordinate/order procedures to be performed outside of the physician's office, charting/documenting information into patient's charts.
• Front Office Medical Assistant - Occasionally assists front office, if needed; verify insurance eligibility, coordinate referrals/insurance authorization, pull and prepare charts for office visits, confirm/schedule patient appointments, scan documents into EMR, import/export of medical records, file charts/reports, answer phones. Accomplishments I began my employment, as the Front Office Medical Assistant, then was given an opportunity to become the Back Office Medical Assistant, then was promoted to Office Manager. Skills Used I have been able to demonstrate all clinical/medical skills that I had acquired not only through school and my externship, but also was able to utilize my administrative skills from previous employment.
- Back / Front Office Medical Assistant / Office Manager at Mark S. Zaremba, M.D.
- Customer Service / Administrative Assistant at Terry Yapp & Associates (Keller Williams Realty)
- Front Office / Back Office Medical Assistant - Externship at Mark Zaremba, M.D. (Cardiology/Internal Medicine)
- Customer Service / Sales Support / Receptionist at Smart Modular Technologies
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate of Achievement - Medical Assisting
- High School Diploma
Registered new patients and updates to existing patients demographics personal and financial information, answered phone and scheduled appointments, kept medical office supplies adequately stocked, roomed patients, administered injections, providing healthy nutrition advice
- Front Office/Medical Assistant at Valley Medical Weight Control
- Front Office Supervisor at SCOTTSDALE FAMILY HEALTH
- at DESERT VALLEY RADIOLOGY
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Medical Front and Back Office Medical Records, Medical Billing, Insurance Verification, Surgery Scheduling
- Front Office Medical Assistant at C. Padmanabhan M.D
- Resource Management, Supply coordinator, Event Coordinator at Lancaster First Assembly of God
- Receptionist, Medical Records at Antelope Valley Cancer Center
- Receptionist/Billing Assistant at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate - Emergency Medical Technician
Manage clinical front office and assigned floating duties as required. Obtain, record, and update pertinent patient information. Answer inbound calls on a multi-line system. Contact patients for appointment reminders and follow up. File and scan documents into computer system. Schedule transportation to accommodate patient appointments. Maintain filing accuracy in accordance with State auditing regulations. Trained in emergency response procedures. Coordinate patient care with medical providers, law enforcement, emergency responders, and crisis interventions.
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Chicanos Por La Causa
- Program Assistant at Chicanos Por La Causa
- Donor Recruiter at Chicanos Por La Causa
12 years, 1 month at this Job
- - General Studies
• Provide administrative support to medical office team with the responsibility of answering telephone, filing, and patient chart management.
• Provide quality customer service during patient check in/out, verification of patient information, and Patient Portal logins.
• Processed insurance verification, benefits and claims, and patient notifications.
• Handle patient payments, adjustments, billing balances and issues, balanced daily financial journal.
• Schedule patient providers appointment, ultrasounds, mammograms and Bone density appointments for 3 high volumes offices.
• Train new Front office personal.
• Order all office supplies and stock
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Southwest Contemporary Women's Care
- Catering Lead at Zappones Restaurant/ Z Catering
- Lead a crew of 2-10 catering staff at Qwest
9 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
- AA - Medical
•Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
•Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
•Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
•Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
•Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
•Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
•Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
•Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
•Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
•Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
•Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Back Office Medical Assistant
•Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
•Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment Maintain medication request and authorize refills on medication at the physicians' request.
•Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
•Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
•Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results
•Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
•Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
•Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
•Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
•Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
•Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Front office Medical Assistant at Metcare
- Back Office Medical Assistant at Children/Family Health Associates
- Referral Specialist at Robert Sessoms M.D. Family Practice
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Ehringer Medical
5 years at this Job
- Associate of Science
- - Medical Assisting
I am the front desk Medical Assistant and my duties include maintaining the doctors schedules, verifying insurance eligibility, collecting co-payments, filing paperwork, Medical records, refilling maintenance medications, scanning charts, faxing, scheduling surgeries, answering multiple phone lines, greeting patients, etc..
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Hemchand Kolli MD
- Front Office Medical Assistant at Hemchand Kolli MD INC
6 years, 5 months at this Job
• Front office
• answer phones
• check in/check out
• medical assistant
• room patients
• vital patients
• check glucose
- Front office/ medical assistant at City of hope corona
- Front Desk Receptionist at Advance urgent care
- Call Center Manager at Health pointe
4 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant