Hedge Fund Accountant at Neuberger Berman
- Fund Accountant at Neuberger Berman
- Fund Accountant II at State Street
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Economics
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
* Prepare reconciliations of fund's cash and investment positions to prime broker/custodian accounts. * Maintain tax lots of investments and record investment level transactions in the Fund's book and record. * Prepare reconciliations of fund cash and investment positions to the prime broker/custodian accounts. * Calculate and accrue all income and expense. (Management fee, Admin fee, Incentive fee) * Liaise with investor service to ensure that all capital transactions are booked and accurate. * Finalize Net Asset Value to send to the investment manager. * Prepare initial draft of fund's annual financial statements with footnotes in accordance with GAAP. * Provide audit assistance with independent audit firms during the fund's annual review.
- Fund Accountant at Advance Fund Administration
- Technical Accountant (Consultant) at Morgan Stanley
- Senior Financial Reporting Specialist at BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at Citigroup Hedge Fund Services
9 months at this Job
Apex Fund Services Ireland focuses on servicing the considerable and globally recognized Irish Funds industry. Ireland as a funds domicile provides fund administration services to 43% of the Worlds alternative funds industry. Extensively working with cross-border Private Equity, Hedge Funds, UCITS and ICAV's and take responsibility for NAV valuations on Daily, Monthly & Quarterly Funds Identify and manage risks within the funds Use of Crystallization & Equalization on year-end NAVs Reconciling the underlying assets with the brokers' position for approximately 140 positions on a daily basis Responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transactions and query any discrepancies with investment manager and bank broker Prepare and process general ledger entries Calculate management & Performance fees Booking & settlement of securities trades instructed by Investment Manager Key stakeholder relationship management with Custodians, Auditors, Investors and directors
- Senior Associate Fund Accountant at Apex Fund Services
- Pricing Analyst at SEB Life International
- Existing Business & AML Analyst at SEB Life International
- Valuations Administrator at Irish Life International
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- BA - Accountancy
Preparation of Net Asset Values for Hedge Funds (NAVs), including the preparation of financial statements with supporting documentation and schedules.
• Prepare allocation schedule, calculate P&L, management and performance fees, expenses, accruals and other entries.
• Familiar with various methods for calculating incentive and management fees.
• Assure clients' funds are within operational guidelines of offering documents (OM/PPM).
• Familiar with stand alone funds, master-feeder structures, onshore and offshore funds, fixed income, long-short equity, fund of funds, emerging markets, market neutral arbitrage funds.
• Valuation of Hedge Funds, equities, bonds, commodities and OTC derivatives. Familiar with other different types of investments products including credit default swaps and total return swaps.
• Work with multiple hedge funds at any given time with AUM 30 -200 million and strategies including long short equity funds and fixed income.
• Reconciliation of Cash, holdings, dividends, and interest, provide supporting documentation for month end reviews.
• Work with team members and IT department to implement and improve new processes, identify areas for improvement and increase productivity.
• Prepare and deliver documentation request and report backup for external/internal Audits.
- Senior Fund Accountant at Citco Fund Services
- Accountant - Finance Consultant at D.E. Carrie Taxes
- Capital Markets Accountant/Operations Consultant Assignments at Deutsche Bank Securities, Landesbank Bank
- Specialist, P&L Analytics Group at Citco Fund Services
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Accounting
As a Client Operations Specialist/Fund Accountant, I perform daily accounting tasks to ensure our Client's accounting and net asset value (NAV) are accurate. I perform daily cash flow analysis, prepare and execute wires, and provide oversight of teams reconciling transactions across more than a hundred funds of various investment types in our Client's portfolio. I use applications such as MS Excel with macros, MS Access, and also use specialized software to produce daily and monthly reports for reconciliation and reporting purposes. I work with internal international teams that specialize in specific investment expertise and communicate and collaborate with them to support our Client's needs, research issues and best practices, and problem resolution.
- Client Operations Specialist / Fund Accountant at State Street Bank
- Personal Banker/Relationship Manager at Bank of America
- Commercial Insurance Agent at Berrier Insurance
- Account Executive at OCE North America
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
· Manually Reconcile Cash for 5-7 clients daily · Reconcile positions daily · Ensures Transactions book correctly on Eagle STAR accounting system · Book transactions when appropriate in compliance with GAAP. · Research breaks between client and custodian, using Bloomberg Terminals when useful · Communicate with clients, custodians, auditors · Works with a variety of holdings – Bank loans, Futures, Options, Commercial Paper, Equites – both long and short. · Manage an email feed of 300+ items a day. · Reliable – Never missed work for an unplanned absence.
- Fund Accountant at US Bancorp Fund Services
- Fund Accountant at Robert Half
- Laborer at Jarvis Lutynski Concrete Construction
- Concessions Associate and Usher at Marcus North Shore Cinema
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance, Investment and Banking
• Reviewed and verified the conformity of all pertinent fund valuation components prepared by Junior FA.
• Executed assigned daily tasks including: manual postings and cash balance review, late trades impact,Capital Stock sub/red transactions verification to brokerage records, daily accrual and invoices control,fixed income interest rates and dividend verification, corporate action and prices above tolerance check.
• Researched, delivered and supervised specific client requests, audit documentation and other departments' queries.
• Assisted Team Manager in day to day implementation of tasks, procedures and controls to ensure efficient teamwork and all assignments' accurate and timely execution.
• Final sign off of funds to other divisions with the goal of achieving 100% NAV accuracy, released funds' NAV to market.
• Trained and supported aspiring Senior Fund Accountant candidates, shared knowledge and experience with new SFA within the team and department.
• Participated in Focus Groups to facilitate the upgrading of processes and cohesive enhancement of the department's functions as a whole.
- Senior Fund Accountant at State Street Corporation
- Fund Accountant at State Street Corporation
- Manager at Secret of Amber jewelry store at Holiday Inn Hotel, Krakow
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- three years’ worth of units (182 ECTS) toward a Bachelor’s - Management in public sector
• Acted as a lead Senior Fund Accountant for a master feeder fund structure with EUR 1 Billion in commitments, seven holding funds and four IFRS reporting entities.
• Responsible for cash management, journal entries, maintaining general ledger for assigned partnerships, accruals, account reconciliations, income and expense allocations.
• Calculated and recorded quarterly valuation adjustment, management fees.
• Prepared capital call and distribution notices to partners.
• Prepared financial statements for six feeder funds and one holding fund in accordance with GAAP and IFRS.
• Prepared various reports for the investment manager which included weekly deliverables: cash flow analysis, cash liquidity analysis, invoice tracker.
- Senior Fund Accountant at MUFG Capital Analytics
- Senior Accountant at Gettry Marcus CPA, P.C
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Associate Degree in Accounting - Accounting
Delivered the Offshore and Domestic Hedge fund allocations through daily cash and position reconciliations across broad exposure to derivative instruments. Managed General Ledger reconciling front office and back office transactions. Administered fees for custody, stock loans, legal, rebates, dividends and interest, and all expenditures.
➢ Provided clients with the final analysis on inconsistencies amid Prime Brokers, Middle Office and Back Office, through long and short dividend accruals, research on variants, and detailed reconciliations.
➢ Ensured Partner and Shareholder equity accurately depicted and balanced monthly through detailed cost allocation controls with incentive and management fee calculations.
➢ Executed Shareholder reports that disclosed specific financial performance over confirmed posted redemptions and subscriptions; prepared P&L fund allocations and balance sheet analysis with precision.
➢ Organized recurrent discussions to pinpoint and resolve trading, operations, and accounting inefficiencies, streamlined over cross-functional collaboration with fund managers, custodians, and prime brokers.
➢ Implemented and delivered fiscal year-end audit process training as part of the team's development strategy; which effected improved efficiency during the audit phase.
- SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT ♦ Fund Accounting at Citco Fund Services (USA) Inc
- SENIOR PORTFOLIO ACCOUNTANT at The Bank of New York
- at The Bank of New York
- SENIOR EQUITY FUND ACCOUNTANT at The Bank of New York
11 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - Finance
Performed all areas of accounting for limited partnership venture capital funds, including funds with assets over $700 million.
• Directly responsible for closing the books for various Funds including financials, detailed capital accounts, accruals, calculation of realized gain/loss and statement of investments.
• Prepared annual financial statements. Recorded journal entries using QuickBooks
• Prepared quarterly letter components for financial statements, quarter and year to date partners' capital account statements, and statement of investments.
• Electronically distributed financials, K-1s, capital call and distribution notices to LPs. PricewaterhouseCoopers, Chicago, IL
• Performed individual and corporate tax compliance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Illinois John Carroll University: Bachelor of Art, History, Business Minor Technology: Intuit QuickBooks Online, Intralinks, NetSuite ERP Solutions, Microsoft Office Suite, Expensify, PeopleSoft
- Fund Accountant at Lightspeed Venture Partners
13 years at this Job
- - general