Stamford, CT) One of the longest running distressed hedge funds investing in a wide range of securities including stocks, bonds, municipals, bank debt, trade claims, treasuries, privates, special situations and currency hedges FUND ACCOUNTANT / CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER August 1989 - June 2019 Financial & Operational Responsibilities * Managed operations as the hedge fund grew from $10 million to over $2 billion in assets and investors grew from less than 10 to 100+ * Recorded all trades and interfaced with custodian, prime broker and counter parties to ensure settlement of trades; allocated trades pro-rata * Calculated fund profit/loss allocations, investor profit/loss allocations, side pocket allocations and all investor management and incentive fees; reviewed and processed contributions and redemptions * Served as the primary point of contact for limited partners; provided quarterly reports and monthly returns as well as capital balances on both GAAP and income tax basis * Performed all accounting for funds, personalized limited partner account analysis and index comparisons * Calculated monthly return and NAV calculations; performed cash flow analysis of all funds on a quarterly and annual basis to inform decisions about future capital raises * Hedged foreign currency risk using forward contracts; managed cash by spreading risk exposure to various families of money markets and purchasing treasury bills * Led a staff of 4 financial personnel and provided coaching for career development Regulatory & Reporting Responsibilities * Liaised between outside auditors, the fund and internal/external legal counsel * Prepared general ledger and balance sheet maintenance with DacEasy Software; responsible for all financial statement preparation, tax returns, K-1's and tax analysis * Reviewed tax section of all reorganization plans of investments in the fund and kept a detailed schedule on whether the exchange was taxable for GAAP; kept record of all book/tax differences for auditing purposes
- FUND ACCOUNTANT / CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER at BENNETT MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
29 years, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics/Accounting
- Mutual Fund Accountant at ALPS Fund Services, Inc
- Supervisor, Delivery Driver at In-shop
- Table Busser at In-shop
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business
- - International finance and accounting
-Responsible for maintaining and rectifying balances in mutual funds on a daily basis -Contacted and informed clients regarding trades and outstanding differences -Regularly requested by administration to aid in training and reconciliation of difficult funds
- Fund Accountant at Gemini Fund Services
- Mason Contracting at
- Geologist and Hazmat Tech at Miller Environmental
- Assistant Maintenance Foreman at Old Field Club
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering - oursework
- Bachelor of Science in Physics - PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY
Calculate NAV for assigned Funds Process Shareholder Transactions Accounting for securities purchased and sold within mutual fund portfolios Valuation of securities Daily income and expense accrual evaluation
- Mutual Fund Accountant at ALPS Fund Services
- Accounting Internship at COLORADO NONPROFIT DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- at COLORADO NONPROFIT DEVELOPMENT CENTER
- Client Services Specialist at THOMSON REUTERS
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics
Boutique provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investor record keeping and fund administration servicing, employees 25 people locally.
- Fund Accountant at M3Sixty Holdings LLC
- Client Operations Specialist at State Street Bank & Trust
- Trust Tax Officer at Bank of America
1 month at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
Prepare quarter end and year end financial statements for 7 fund of funds, total AUM about $4 billion.
● Reconcile cashsheet, report NAV (Roll-forward value statements) to clients monthly.
● Record partnership information to database from LPAs and footnote of audited financial statements.
● Review and interpret about 50 capital account statements and 50 financial statements each quarter.
● Analyze investment activity, carry interest of partnership capital accounts.
● Resolve discrepancy between capital account statements and internal records by going through cash flow notice or LPAs, inquiry GPs if needed. Request cash flow changes, book timing adjustments and/or GP adjustment, stock adjustment if applicable.
● Support investment team for client's inquiries.
● Create macro to save about 1,000 minutes per quarter on formatting capital accounts analysis report.
- Fund Accountant at Pathway Capital Management, LP
- Staff Accountant at Cosway USA Inc
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
• Assisted in the training of new Fund Accountants
• Tasked with the creation of drafts of Financial Reporting
• Processed Monthly NPORT filings
• Trained on creating of monthly expense files
• Trained on processing of monthly distributions for funds
- Senior Fund Accountant at Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC
- Fund Accountant at Ultimus Fund Solutions, LLC
- Bay Host, Office Administrator at Topgolf USA
- Server, Bartender at O'Charley's
4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Business Administration in Finance - education
• Calculate daily net asset values ("NAVs" and distribution rates for the mutual funds-including multiple classes)
• Maintain the funds' books and records, including reconciling all general ledger accounts
• Prepare work papers and related schedules for annual and semi-annual shareholder reports and annual audits in accordance with SEC and GAAP requirements
• Work with the external auditors in answering Fund questions
• Calculate the funds' monthly SEC yields including analysis of changes from previous month
- Fund Accountant at Invesco
- Senior Accountant at Nationstar Mortgage
- Tax Accountant at America-US Trust
- Senior Fund Accountant at Columbus Avenue Consulting
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Technical Certificate in Professional Accounting
*Private Equity firm specializing in alternative investment solutions* transaction analysis. Summarize and explain any large changes in value to the controller/partners. Enhanced the valuation process by improving formulas and creating a better documentation system for the models and memos. assisted in numerous capacities with all other audited funds. Worked through necessary adjustments to the statements and flowed the effects through all dependent calculations, such as incentive fee, management fee and IRR calculations. Effectively explained effects to colleagues and auditors. reported accurately. accounting manager and senior accountant.
• Responsible for quarterly valuation, which includes calculating and analyzing the fair value of $600M in underlying investments and documenting all the necessary input support. Valuation models include DCF, comparable company analysis and precedent
• Led the preparation of all financial statements and accompanying notes for 5 investment funds valued at $60M for the FY2018 audit;
• Process, record and reconcile all cash activity relating to 24 bank accounts, with transactions as large as $26M.
• Calculate investor income/expense allocations for equity roll-forwards. Ensure capital call calculations and notices are correct.
• Assist with month end close reconciliations and tax requests.
• Assist in responding to investor requests and ensuring investor reporting is accurate.
• Prepared underlying investment confirmations and guarantor certifications. Reconciled capitalization tables to ensure shares were
• Created documentation for valuation and bank account processes, which resulted in improved onboarding efficiency of the current
*Private Equity firm specializing in alternative investment solutions*
transaction analysis. Summarize and explain any large changes in value to the controller/partners. Enhanced the valuation process by improving formulas and creating a better documentation system for the models and memos.
assisted in numerous capacities with all other audited funds. Worked through necessary adjustments to the statements and flowed the effects through all dependent calculations, such as incentive fee, management fee and IRR calculations. Effectively explained effects to colleagues and auditors.
accounting manager and senior accountant.
- Fund Accountant at Origami Capital Partners
- Financial Analyst Intern at Trego/Dugan Aviation
- Investment Research Intern at OCA Ventures
8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
Checking, supervising and booking transactions in accordance with investors' recommendations. Contact with investors and fund administrators to confirm documentations. The work requires advanced knowledge of excel, knowledge of the basics of accounting, analytical and logical skils.
Checking, supervising and booking transactions in accordance with investors' recommendations. Contact with investors and fund administrators to confirm documentations. The work requires advanced knowledge of excel, knowledge of the
basics of accounting, analytical and logical skils.
- Fund Accountant at State Street
- Marketing Specialist at FH Grazyna
- Marketing Specialist at SuperWnetrze.pl
- Sales Executive at Media Impact Polska
11 months at this Job
- Master's - Finance and Accounting
- Bachelor's - Economics