• Lead and motivate a team of 1 supervisors and 3 fund accountants, as well as staff in.
• Perform and monitor quality and internal controls for all team deliverables.
• Ensure adherence to internal policies and procedures.
• Manage absences, time keeping and holiday/cover arrangements within the teams.
• Assist with planning and management of all relevant project work for Employer Stock team.
• Co-ordinate and implement training and development activities for individuals and the team.
• Set and maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior; ensuring staff accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• In-training to acquire insight on in-kind contributions and dividend processes and work flows for Employer Stock Plans.
• Research and validate exceptions for daily variances.
- Fund Accounting Manager at Fidelity Investments
- Senior Valuation Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Senior Fund Analyst at Great-West Financial
- Senior Accountant Specialist at State Street Corporation
2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Finance and Management
- Global Fund Accounting Manager, ETF Administration at Vanguard
- ETF Administration Supervisor at Vanguard
- Institution Program Accounting Supervisor at Vanguard
- Vanguard Accelerated Development Program, Project Administrator at Vanguard
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.S.B.A - Finance and Marketing
Manage a team of 12 Fund Accountants
➢ Head of the company's Corporate Actions Group
➢ Member of the Pricing Committee and several Fair Values groups
➢ Ensure all Mutual Funds & VIT submit an accurate and timely NAV
➢ Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills under tight daily deadlines
➢ Effectively and professionally deal with portfolio advisors, broker dealers and custody banks daily
➢ Research and fix any cash and position breaks that cannot be solved by the junior staff
➢ Coordinate with external auditors during annual fund audits
➢ Work across multiple departments to solve fund issues
- Manager, Fund Accounting at Gemini Fund Services
- Licensed Personal Banker at Astoria Federal Savings
8 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelors of Science - Economics and Finance
Coordinating overall work plan for US client service group accounting staff, which includes
managing and monitoring work in progress
• Providing coaching, training and leadership as necessary to the client service team
• Reviewing all work product prepared by accounting staff including monitoring and pricing of P&L, NAV's and economic allocations
• Contributing to internal project initiatives regarding new product development, testing and implementation
• Establishing a plan for new client setups, reorganizations and conversions
• Providing technical accounting/industry knowledge to our client
• Coordinating, managing and monitoring the external audit process
• Reviewing client financial statements, partner capital statements and other required financial reporting
• Overall client satisfaction
- Hedge Fund Accounting Manager at SS & C Technologies
- at Multi-strategy
- Director of Operations at Del Mar Asset Management, LP
- senior team member at
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Scottsdale, AZ October 2015 - Present
A global investment management group, managing assets for both institutions and private individuals from offices around the world.
Fund Administration Manager
• Knowledge of Real Estate Private Equity Funds
• Supervise Fund Administrator team assigned to specific funds and review/approve weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
• Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial activities
• Developed and improved process and procedures
• Prepare consolidated, consolidating, and trend financial statements in accordance with GAAP
• Prepare and review capital call and distribution calculations for multiple Funds and PIVs
• Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
• Monitor compliance with Partnership Agreements
- Fund Administration Manager at The Wolff Company
- Fund Accounting Manager at Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Fund Administration Manager at Aberdeen Asset Management
- Portfolio Accounting at State Street Bank
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Responsible for the daily management of the mutual fund administration team including 47 multi-class mutual funds and 6 ETFs.
• Responsible for managing 7 mutual fund analysts.
• Responsibilities include review and filing of NMFP, NCEN, NPORT and N-Q filings.
• Review shareholder reporting.
• Coordinate fund annual audits.
• Oversight of vendor in preparation of above filings.
- Director - Mutual Fund Administration at USAA Asset Management
- Vice President - Head of Fund Accounting Operations at U.S. Bank Fund Services
- Managing Director/Treasurer - First American Funds at FAF Advisors
- Vice-President- Investment Accounting/ Fund Treasurer at Thrivent Financial
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Act as payroll tax expert for settlement funds.
• Setup withholding tax and employment insurance accounts with IRS, state income tax, and unemployment agencies in every state.
• Perform quarterly/annual withholding/unemployment filings including 940, 941, 945, 1120SF federal forms.
• Enter and reconcile all tax payments in company financial system.
• Create and file over 80,000 W2s and 10,000 1099-MISC forms to recipients with third party software.
• Review and file amended tax returns including 941-X, 940-X, and state withholding tax accounts based on court documented order of cancelling checks
• Lead project to create reports to create automate 941 and 940 files.
- Settlement Fund Tax Specialist at Forthright Solutions
- Settlement Fund Accounting Manager at FORTHRIGHT SOLUTIONS
- at CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILROAD
- Crew Manager at CANADIAN PACIFIC RAILROAD
5 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Organizational Development & Leadership
- Bachelors of Arts - Interdepartmental Studies
Collaborating with small business owner drafting and preparing various financial statements and reports: Income Statements,
Annual Income Tax, and Est. Incomes tax, Sales & Use Tax, Budgeting and Forecasting, Statement of Net Worth
• Assist small business with I/S reconstruction for tax preparation purposes in accordance with Pub. 583 of the IRC.
• Advise business owners on optimal tax planning strategies in order to limit exposure within the codes and the laws.
• Assist small business owners with proper entity registration with Federal and State authorities
• Implement policy and procedures around operational processes and align them with proper accounting principles.
- Tax & Accounting Consultant at PRESTIGE PROSERVE, LLC
- Investment Reporting Associate / Consultant at COMMONFUND
- Controllership Consultant at GE CAPITAL
- Accounting Manager/Consultant at AEA INVESTORS
8 years at this Job
- Certification Of Public Accountancy
• Overseeing accounting team primary finance and accounting functions, including general ledger maintenance, quarter-end processing and financial statement and consolidated statement preparation
• Supervision and training of Fund Accountants
• Review financial statement reporting for completeness and accuracy in adhering to industry standards GAAP
• Leading Financial Planning and Analysis for fund distribution and expense budgeting projections
• Coordinating the annual audit process with outside accounting firm
• Maintaining MS Excel based waterfall allocations, including building and mapping allocations for investor reinvestment series
• Facilitated System conversion project from QuickBooks to external vendor proprietary system
- Senior Associate at Civitas Capital Group
- Senior Accountant at SS&C Technologies
- Associate - Fund Accounting Analyst at JPMorgan Chase
- Associate Team Manager - Business and Reporting Analyst at JPMorgan Chase - Institutional Fund Accounting
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Accounting
• Develop the process to capture data on T+1 for new SEC reporting requirements for registered mutual funds
• Provide feedback to software provider on user issues and missing data required for the SEC
• Work with clients to provide complete information to the SEC and respond to any client concerns
• Manage a team of accountants as they learn the reporting requirements and set deadlines for all monthly deliverables
• Work internally with business process analysts and product development to streamline the NPORT process through ArcFiling
• Report to upper management with updates regarding improvements to usability and productivity to the ArcFiling software after each release
• Develop procedures and internal controls around data extracted from the fund accounting software (Invest One Enterprise) which supports the numbers in ArcFiling 3rd Party Mutual Funds/Hedge Funds
• Manage a group of five staff (Associate Accountants, Fund Accountants and Technical Coordinators)
• Maintain client relationships through scheduled meetings
• Educate staff on how to resolve accounting and system issues
• Provide weekly exceptions updates for holdings and cash to managers
• Follow-up with support groups around the globe to resolve outstanding cash and holdings
• Review weekly position reconciliations between the client, fund accounting and custody
• Review or create stale pricing reports to be sent to clients either daily or weekly
• Review staff's daily, weekly and monthly NAV packages for both hedge funds and mutual funds
• Research more complex accounting discrepancies
• Review external audit request and be the contact person for audit queries
• Process funds when understaffed, typically due to illnesses in the group when staff is on vacation
• Coordinate between Transfer Agency, Pricing, Treasury and Budgeting, Custody and Partnership Accounting to ensure funds are being processed correctly
• Complete projects which improve accuracy and efficiency
• Actively recruit by attending university career fairs
- Officer, Team Leader at The Northern Trust Company
- Fund Accounting Manager, Rolling Meadows at Woodfield Fund Administration, LLC
- at Woodfield Fund Administration, LLC
- Fund Accountant at Woodfield Fund Administration, LLC
7 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness - Farm, and Financial Management