a leading legal, strategic, and business services firm. Helping successful businesses, organizations, boards, strategic alliances, and leaders achieve their objectives, improve effectiveness, overcome challenges, and prepare for prevent or resolve crises. General Counsel, January 2012 to Present.
- General Counsel at The Winsten Group.Trusted Counsel LLC
- Vice President and General Counsel at Technical Enterprises, Inc
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel at Affiliated Foods Midwest Cooperative, Inc
- Partner and Shareholder at Michael Best & Friedrich
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Continuing Accredited Legal Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology and Business
- Doctorate - Law
- Doctorate - Continuing Board Education -Law, Governance, Boards
General Counsel Responsibilities include litigation, supervision of outside counsel, legal matters related to commercial, residential and hotel development and redevelopement
- General Counsel at Confidential
- Managing Attorney at Jay J. Harris, LLC
- Manager/Member at Harris & Pugh, LLC
- Member at Lindsay, Marcel, Harris & Pugh, LLC
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate
- - Business Administration
Serve as the company's General Counsel and managing member, oversight of daily affairs of the company, including but not limited to, drafting board minutes, resolutions and corporate documents; handling advertising and marketing issues; vendor relationships and contracts; subcontractor contracts and compliance; drafting and maintenance of company forms; development and protection of trade names and intellectual property; OSHA/DOL/Attorney General/WC inquiries and audits; employee/1099 contracts and issues; credit and finance matters; GL, WC, and insurance matters; licensing and regulatory matters; UCC and lien filings; risk/compliance and claim resolution; contract disputes and resolution; and, act as a liaison with outside counsel in managing litigation matters.
- General Counsel at Covenant Roofing & Construction, LLC
- Kansas Attorney General at Consumer Protection & Antitrust Division
- Associate, Business Litigation Division at Case, Moses, Zimmerman & Wilson, P.A
- Associate, Business Litigation Division at Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
7 years, 10 months at this Job
- JD - Law w/honors
- B.S. - Life Science
General Counsel to a vertically integrated real estate company that acquires, develops and manages commercial and residential properties in the Los Angeles and Las Vegas areas.
• Responsible for management of all legal issues, including acquisitions, financing, entitlements, and litigation.
• Instrumental in the acquisition of over $200 million in real estate since 2016
- General Counsel at XYZ.Rent
- General Counsel at IT Media
- General Counsel at XYZ
- Consultant at Vista Entertainment Solutions
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Juris Doctor - Law
- Bachelor of Arts
• General Counsel to FES and 6 affiliated companies (i.e., FirstEnergy Generation, LLC; FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company ("FENOC"); FirstEnergy Nuclear Generation, LLC; FirstEnergy Generation Mansfield Unit 1 Corp; Norton Energy Storage, LLC; FE Aircraft Leasing Corp.).
• Direct report to Chief Executive Officer of FES and Chief Nuclear Officer of FENOC.
• Manage all legal functions and activities (transactional, litigation, regulatory compliance, etc.).
• Review and/or approve all external communications.
• Manage legal team responsible for Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings (filed March 31, 2018, Bankruptcy Court ND of Ohio) of 7 debtors in possession Companies.
• Responsible for oversight of regulatory compliance of FES as retail electric service provider in six states (Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Maryland, New Jersey and Illinois).
• Review and/or approve all internal communications (i.e., articles, Q & A's) with Company employees and retirees.
• Manage regulatory compliance with federal, state and local governmental agencies (and other quasi-governmental organizations) including the PUCO, PUC, NRC, FERC, EPA, DOE, INPO, PJM, NERC, etc.
• Manage legal staff involving over 20 law firms (50 lawyers) providing legal services.
- General Counsel at FirstEnergy Solutions Corp
- Senior Corporate Counsel at FirstEnergy Service Company
- Staff Attorney at Ohio Edison Company
- Associate Attorney at Gross, Goodman & Associates
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Juris-Doctor - Cleveland
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
General Counsel for the the agency in all legal matters, including court hearings, administrative law hearings,
trials, appeals, contract drafting and review, personnel and regulation interpretation and implementation
• Legislative Liaison. Responsible for drafting all legislation, reviewing legislative proposals, and providing input on proposed legislation. Review conformity and compliance with all State and Federal law. Work to resolve constituent questions and concerns that escalate to the Governor's office, Iowa's legislators and Senator's office
• Lead on unemployment tax liability issues that range from tax liability, debt collection, tax rate determinations, misclassification of workers, successor liability and questions from employers directly
• Lead on unemployment benefit eligibility, including eligibility to various unemployment programs, deductibility of benefits in accordance with the law, debt collection on claimants and questions from claimants
• Lead on all records request, media inquiries and subpoena's that come to the agency as we are regulated by Federal and State law and most records we hold are confidential under the law
• Lead on collection matters for both employer debt and claimant debt, which includes filing injunctions in District Court, participating in Foreclosures, Bankruptcy, Probate and any legal action
- General Counsel at State of Iowa - Iowa Workforce Development
- Competitive Select Soccer Head Coach at Vision Soccer Academy/West Des Moines Soccer Club
- Associate Attorney at Whitfield & Eddy, PLC
- Assistant Administrator at Westown Ambulatory Center
8 years at this Job
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Healthcare Administration - Healthcare Administration
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management
Volunteer contribution of legal services as Boardmember and General Counsel of Non-Profits Ready Women, Inc., Friends of Emancipation Park, Inc. Provides legal advisement, representation to non-profits.
- General Counsel at Legal Practice
- Attorney. Appellate Law. Legal Journalist. at Law Office of Keryl L. Douglas
- Law School Adjunct Professor at Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Director. Office of Intergovernmental Affairs/Grants (Affordable Housing) at Houston Housing Authority
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Law
- Doctorate - Epidemiology - completed coursework, not degree.
- Master's - Chemistry
- Master's - Pan-American Scientists Research Fellow to International Scientific Conference. Thesis Research Presenter.
- Bachelor's - Biology
General Counsel to regional telecommunications and data network operator. Lead and supervise all company legal operations supporting: sales and services transactions, inter- carrier relations, network and infrastructure development, outside plant and construction activities. Advise on CEO and Board of Director strategic initiatives. Support general corporate legal needs including: employment, human resources, regulatory, corporate governance, and litigation matters.
- General Counsel at Syringa Networks, LLC
- Corporate Counsel, Corporate Secretary at Union Telephone Company (d/b/a
- Contract/Infrastructure Counsel at via Synergy Services, Inc
- Associate/Contract Attorney at Zelle, LLP
7 months at this Job
- Paralegal Certificate
- B.A. - Political Science
• General Counsel responsible for all legal matters of privately-held international licensing company and related investment fund.
• Review all company contracts and advise principals on optimal structure and mechanics for various investment-based strategic objectives. Review investment opportunities for fit with fund investment strategy.
• Research, advise and develop policies and procedures in connection with the Italian-based production of multiple apparel lines. Led diversification of operating strategy from licensing-only business model to one that includes company owned and operated international textile production centers. Responsible for resolution of cross-border labor and trade issues.
• Manage outside counsel in various trademark and intellectual property matters on behalf of fund and its portfolio companies.
- General Counsel at BRANDED, INC. /JF TRUST
- General Counsel at BLUE JAY WIRELESS, LLC
- General Counsel at HIGH SIERRA PARTNERS, LLC
- Partner - Civil Litigation / General Corporate Practice at FISHERBROYLES, LLP
11 months at this Job
- Juris Doctorate - Law Journal and American
- Bachelor of Arts - History and German
• Performed legal research and drafted memoranda to advise attorneys on a variety of substantive legal and civil procedure issues for cases involving environmental and land issues at the state and federal level.
• Drafted interrogatories and deposition questions during discovery phase of cases, and attended depositions with supervising attorneys.
• Conducted title research at recorder of deeds offices and drafted reports on property ownership and liability.
• Accompanied inspectors during site visits to monitor permit requirement compliance at large manufacturing plants and landfills.
• Attended extracurricular events as part of the extern program, such as hearing oral arguments at the Superior Court and speaking with Superior Court Judges, attending a moot court for a case that was heard at the Third Circuit, and meeting with the Secretary of the Department of Revenue C. Daniel Hassell and Governor Tom Wolf.
- Pennsylvania Governor's Office of General Counsel at Pennsylvania Governor's Office of General Counsel
- Contract Specialist/Associate at TechLaw, Inc
- Support Services Assistant at Virginia House of Delegates
3 months at this Job
- J.D. - Law
- B.A. - Political Science