• Month end, quarter end, and year end closings.
• Inter-company transactions and reconciliations.
• Generate and ensure accuracy of financial statements.
• Manage fixed assets.
• IRS 2290 filings (Heavy vehicle use tax).
• IFTA (Quarterly fuel use tax return).
• Work closely with management in various departments. Purchasing Manager
• Solicit bids from vendors for product lines and non-standard options.
• Develop scopes of work to accompany bid documents.
• Analyze bid pricing based on scopes of work and architectural/structural drawings
• Maintain cloud based vendor files with job specific documentation.
• Create the database of all home assemblies in Timberline Estimating.
• Upload assemblies to WMS software and Builder1440 sales software.
• Maintain and upload sales pricing on a quarterly basis Purchase Order Administrator
• Obtain building permits for new home starts.
• Import sales into Workflow Management Suite software and generate all vendor purchase orders at house start.
• Upload all house specific documents to (2) cloud based systems to provide vendor access to job specific information.
• Create budgets for non-standard options.
• Approve all purchase orders for processing as vendors complete work.
• Oversee Energy Star Rebate program and obtain rebates.
• Perform weekly backup of Advantage Homes' computer systems. SOFTWARE SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS
• Timberline accounting - Modules used include General Ledger, Equipment, Job Cost, Cash Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Estimating.
• BuilderMT Workflow Management Suite
• Sage 300 - full line of accounting software
• Microsoft Excel and Word SIGNIFICANT ACCOMPOLISHMENTS I have served in many important roles in the organization. I have held the following positions, General Ledger Accountant, Purchasing Manager, Assistant Purchasing Manager, and Purchase Order Administrator. Each position required working closely with upper management, vendors, and account to achieve organizational goals. Awards received; Outstanding Performance Award, Presidential Award, Quality and Dedication Award, and Employee of the Year 2013. I have participated in a number of mission projects in the United States and abroad. All projects were construction projects. Locations included Belize C.A., Puerto Rico, Wounded Knee S.D. and Haiti. I was also a volunteer youth minister for 14 years.
- General Ledger Accountant at Pleasants Construction/Advantage Homes
24 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Accounting - Accounting
Regional Management Corporation (RMC) is a consumer lending company located in 11 states. General Ledger Accountant
June 2014 - Present
• Collaborate with External and Internal Auditors and Field Operations
• Document fixed asset activities, including data entry, monthly depreciation and reconciliation
• Prepare annual licensing and state reports for City, County and State agencies
• Analyze monthly and quarterly financial statements
• Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including prepaid assets, clearing accounts, etc.
• Assist in preparation of SOX narratives and testing to ensure adherence to policy
• Preparation of 360+ Business Personal Property Tax filings in 11 states
• Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- General Ledger Accountant at RMC, 979 Batesville Road, Suite B
- Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Real-Estate Accountant at AIMCO
5 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Accounting
- Associate Degree in Business - Accounting
• As a General ledger accountant I prepared journal entries, reconciled financial statements and accounts, and ensured data accuracy.
• An important part of my job was supporting Monthly and Annual Close Processes.At the end of the month I recorded information such as accruals, deferrals, reclasses, and interdepartmental entries into the company’s accounting ledger. The accounting team and I performed account analysis to make sure that entries and balances were correct.
• I Prepared and maintained amortization schedules
• I was in charge of recording our Canadian branches payroll every week
• Along with the above I also learned and worked with Oracle 12 for the first time. I was able to teach myself how to set up recurring entries and assisted with the accounting team in creating customized reports in the new system, and created detailed checklists for Month end close.
- General Ledger Accountant at DBI SERVICES
- General Ledger Accountant, Process Analyst at Genpact - Hilton Team
- Financial Service Rep at M&T Bank
- Teller at PNC Bank
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Minor - International Business
New York, NY
$1.9B worldwide Investor and integrated business partner with 75+ subsidiary and affiliate companies.
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT, 2007 - Present
• Coordinate, administer and process all aspects of general ledger accounting while ensuring complete and accurate month-end and fiscal year-end close.
• Complete balance sheet and Profit and Loss reconciliation while leveraging deep knowledge of company and how recurring and non- recurring transactions impact the financials.
• Prepare financial statements and financial reporting for annual external audits, including preparing comprehensive document with footnotes.
• Prepare documentation for internal audits.
• Adoption of IFRS 9, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16 by converting all balances to meet these requirements.
• Calculate and record called-up share capital, return of capital and capital gain via OCI and P&L.
• Reconciling quarterly fund statements to recorded balances, record equity pickup reevaluations for investments / subsidiaries and record equity income tax.
• Conduct Gross Profit analysis of sales, investigate all variances and correct Gross Profit percentages.
• Sales fluctuation as compare to budget.
• Ensure accurate sales cutoff and timely recording of sales to meet all appropriate guidelines.
• Request variance confirmation from Business Area.
• Prepare monthly sample checking by choosing one sales order and following through from inception to customer payment to ensure accurate recording.
• Provide inventory valuation by scrutinizing sales pricing and ensuring commodities are selling at profits. Gather all necessary invoices or marketing pricing as proof of price. Prepare and submit inventory aging report to managers PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, SCOA,
• Consolidate subsidiary GLs for monthly intercompany reconciliation. Conduct account research, calculate and accrue variances.
• Conduct service fee accrual on monthly basis.
• Establish agent payments and match agents from China, Japan, Indonesia, Australia, Brazil, Thailand, Germany and London to statements.
• Streamline AP and AR processes by updating old accounts.
• Reconcile and record bad debt and reserves and write off reserve.
• Reconcile payroll against Federal Tax Form 941 statements.
• Record exchange fluctuation guarantee / risk cover.
- GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT at SUMITOMO CORPORATION OF AMERICA
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR at WIRELESS CHANNELS, INC., Long Island, NY
- COMMISSION ANALYST at CMP MEDIA, LLC
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN ACCOUNTING - ACCOUNTING
* Prevent and minimize losses through diligent financial control and reconciliation of diverse and assigned general ledger accounts, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal policies to maintain financial reporting that is reasonable and appropriate * Reconcile the monthly closing of assigned subsidiaries' general ledger with the parent, ensuring subsidiary balances and all transactions and transfers of payments for payroll, expenses and taxes between subsidiaries and the organization are properly recorded * Handle any requests made by either internal or external auditors to ensure that all annual paperwork being requested is readily available and in order * Prepare and process journal entries as needed while providing adequate support documentation * Build working relationships with branches, operational areas and subsidiaries by researching inquiries received on posted general ledger transactions * In the abscense of the Senior GL Accountant, handle end of day tasks and ensure to review all of the work completed by the junior staff to ensure accuracy * Perform the following responsibilities, as volume dictates, to support other staff members: verify processed data, prepare online system set-up, communicate end-of-day requirements in validating completion, guide the execution of subsequent general ledger close and prepare daily accounting journals and manually input financial data into the ledger system
- General Ledger Accountant at People's United Bank
- Sr. General Ledger Processor at People's United Bank
- Accounts Payable Processor at People's United Bank
- Assistant Manager at Dressbarn
8 months at this Job
- Bachelors in Accounting - Accounting
Responsible entirely for Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Review weekly payments from A/P as
(ACH, Wire, AMEX)
• Execute journal entries and reconcile assigned general ledger accounts as Prepaid, Audit, Public Cost, Legal, and ODM Rebate account, through the ADI accounting database in a timely.
• Prepares monthly reconciliations of assigned General Ledger accounts, including analyzing for accuracy, noting and coordinating resolution of any issues and communicating any significant issues with management.
• Perform balance sheet and income statement flux analysis for responsible GL accounts.
• Assist in coordinating month end close schedules. This includes meeting with team to discuss month end close activities, planning and prep working, etc.
• Prepare and review PBC's for external auditors to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness of the financial audit.
• Evaluate and maintain accounting procedures and policies of assigned accounts, including SOX documentation, participate with the accounting team and management on special projects, workflow process improvements.
• Responsible for maintaining compliance within assigned general ledger accounts as well as assist department-wide with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), US and other relevant GAAP, and company policies.
- General Ledger Accountant at Synaptic Inc
- Accounts Payable Accountant (Lead) at
- Accounts Payable Accountant at PHOENIX TECHNOLOGIES LTD
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling, reviewing and analyzing account information.
• Responsible for budgeting, contract and fiscal management of HUD subsidiaries and majority of Mosaic grant awards.
• Prepare and participate in GAAP, A-133 and 440 external audits.
• Maintain general ledger accounts, tracks grant expenditures and program expenses across multiple companies.
• Report year-end HUD financials, management strategy and budget forecasting at Housing board meetings.
• Generate inter-company and closing entries, complex ad-hoc accounting reports, consolidated financial statements, grant schedules, fixed asset and depreciation schedules, and dispositions.
• Create fiscal year operating and capital Mosaic budgets.
• Handle bank and ledger account reconciliations for Mosaic and subsidiaries.
• Prepare and file annual Personal property tax returns
• Assist A/R with generating invoices, post revenue and account reconciliation entries, and train accounting assistants
- General Ledger Accountant at Mosaic Community Services
- Accounts Payable Associate at Mosaic Community Services
- Accounting & Tax Associate at Resurreccion CPA Firm
- Physical Therapy Technician at Bodywise Physical Therapy
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- Bachelor's - Psychology
· Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for 10 properties. · Work directly with investors on financials and cash distributions. · Sales tax filings for multiple jurisdictions monthly and quarterly. · Monthly Bank Reconciliations. · Implemented and rolled out Concur Expense reporting system to all 300 employees. · Implemented and rolled out AvidPay automatic system for Accounts Payable check runs. · Handles month end close by analyzing the general ledger, making journal entries and accruals when necessary. · Handles full treasury management including setting up ACH/Wires and Book Transfers. · Implemented and rolled out our automatic Security Deposit Refunds through PNC Zelle Program
· Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations for 10 properties.
· Work directly with investors on financials and cash distributions.
· Sales tax filings for multiple jurisdictions monthly and quarterly.
· Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
· Implemented and rolled out Concur Expense reporting system to all 300 employees.
· Implemented and rolled out AvidPay automatic system for Accounts Payable check runs.
· Handles month end close by analyzing the general ledger, making journal entries and
accruals when necessary.
· Handles full treasury management including setting up ACH/Wires and Book Transfers.
· Implemented and rolled out our automatic Security Deposit Refunds through PNC Zelle Program
- General Ledger Accountant at Grand Peaks Property Management
- Property Accountant at Sage Hospitality
- Jr. Accountant at SMA AMERICA, LLC
- Accounts Payable Clerk II at SMA AMERICA, LLC
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Accounting degree
Organize and post journal entries into the PeopleSoft General Ledger. Prepare activity reports, operating reports, and financial statements for distribution to the executive staff and Hospital Authority. Review financial and statistical reports for accuracy before they are released to sub-entity directors. Identify and analyze variances found on the monthly financial statements. Prepare and analyze Chesapeake Regional Medical Group and their subsidiaries' P&L statements and provide explanations for variances. Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts for the hospital’s sub-entities. Apply regulations, policies, and operating instructions applicable to travel and/or financial management operations and internal controls. Assist Controller preparing and gathering PBC items for the annual audit. Prepare lead schedules for areas as assigned by the Director of Finance for interim, annual financial audits, and third party audits. Prepare monthly financial statements for executive team review. Assist with the annual budget process by reviewing and revising budgets where necessary. Coordinate instruction and the timely filing of budget data from departments. Prepare departmental worksheets and maintain budget data. Complete and file 990 tax documents for the sub-entities. File annual property tax and business licenses for applicable sub-entities. Prepare monthly department expense accounts variance analysis. Research problems that involve the collection, recording, and management of fiscal data. Perform Income Statement and Balance Sheet Analysis during monthly close. Reconcile Cash Receipts on a monthly basis. Analyze and report benchmark data to the sub-entity directors.
- General Ledger Accountant at Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
- Senior Accountant (Contractor) at Capital Group
- Project Accountant at Mythics Inc
- Account Reconciliation Specialist at Portfolio Recovery Associates Group
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Finance - Finance
● Performing monthly tasks such as Bank reconciliations, General Ledger reconciliations, maintenance of accounts, and audit preparation
● Assisting with Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable when necessary
● Training other staff in various duties including Accounts Payable and Payroll
● Completing functions related to Grants, such as drawdowns and account maintenance
- General Ledger Accountant at Cook Inlet Tribal Council
- Accountant at Kuukpik Corporation
- Temporary Bookkeeper at AK Alchemist/Blomfield Construction
- Accounts Payable Technician at Catholic Social Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- BBA - Accounting