Proficiencies in wide range of accounting function, including general accounting, general ledger, journal entries, reconciliation, budgeting, financial statement preparation and reporting. Supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable. Training, Provide outstanding customer service and excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. Excellent in Microsoft Word and Excel
Red Hawk Casino, Placerville, CA
General Ledger Accountant 2012 to Present
• Supervise and approve accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
• Reports and financial statements preparation for financial review
• Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
• Analyze revenue, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately
• Accrual, review accounts, identify discrepancies and make necessary adjustments
• Prepaid Contracts, Rents and Warranties
• Inventory control, revenue audit, daily banking reconciliation
• Effectively communicate with company's leadership team to review monthly financial statements for variances between budget and actual
• Training new staffs
- General Ledger Accountant at Red Hawk Casino
- Accounts Payable Specialist at
- Revenue Auditor at
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Accounting - Business Accounting
- Associate of Art in Accounting - Art
General ledger accountant that works closely with the accounting department and other company departments to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance.
• Maintain and reconcile multiple accounts to ensure accurate reporting.
• Prepare journal entries for month-end close activities.
• Help coordinate and create a schedule for month-end activities to ensure we meet deadlines.
• Work closely with team to prepare and distribute financial statements in a timely manner.
• Assist in providing accurate information for our quarterly and yearly audits.
• Reconciled sales and use tax accounts and prepared transaction data for monthly sales returns.
• Filed sales and use tax returns (46 states), payment request and journal entries on a monthly basis.
• Worked closely with the accounts receivable team and order-admin to resolve or answer any sales and use tax inquires.
• Assisted in the data gathering and research for California and Texas sales and use tax audit.
• Assisted with the implementation of Avalara/AvaTax to help automate sales and use tax.
• Worked closely with our accounts payable BPO in India to answer inquires and make sure invoices were being processed and paid on time.
• First point of contact to other departments to help with any accounts payable inquires or payment requests.
• Reconciled credit card transaction on a monthly basis.
• Company admin for Concur, our travel and expense management server.
- General Ledger Accountant at Anritsu Company
- Accounts Payable Coordinator Lead at Mi Pueblo Food Center
- Sales Associate at Perfumania
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S - Accounting
- A.A - Business
X 2013 - 2014
Is a world leader in logistics security services, offering the only active monitoring solutions that provide organizations with complete cargo visibility and supply chain security from origin to destination
General Ledger Accountant
➢ Responsible for applying daily cash receipts and weekly check runs
➢ Monthly GL responsibilities of creating journal entries and account reconciliations
➢ Worked closely with customers to improve AR collections process to reduce our core customers day's sales outstanding
➢ Continually worked to solve billing issues with customers to streamline the process Selected Accomplishments
➢ Identified the root problem to billing issues and why customers were not paying their invoices
➢ Significantly reduced core customers' day's sales outstanding.
- General Ledger Accountant at FreightWatch International Austin, T
- Staff Accountant at Zenoss
- Staff Accountant at Hanger, Inc
- Customer Service Representative at Hanger, Inc
1 year at this Job
- B.S. of Accounting - Accounting
- B.A. of Finance - Finance
979 Batesville Road, Suite B, Greer, SC Regional Management Corporation (RMC) is a consumer lending company located in 8 states. General Ledger Accountant June 2014 - Present ❖ Collaborate with External and Internal Auditors and Field Operations ❖ Document fixed asset activities, including data entry, monthly depreciation and reconciliation ❖ Prepare annual licensing and state reports for City, County and State agencies ❖ Analyze monthly statements: balance sheets and operating statements ❖ Monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, including prepaid assets, clearing accounts, etc. ❖ Assist in preparation of SOX narratives and testing to ensure adherence to policy
- General Ledger Accountant at RMC
- Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, Real-Estate Accountant at AIMCO
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate - Business
Downey, CA Jul 2018-Present Started in 1986, a leader in integrated construction solutions.Provide planning, construction, engineering, design and management services for Large Scale public and private projects serving the gas, electric, water utilizes, transit construction services and high-tech installations. Staff Accountant, General Ledger accountant * Responsible for preparation of Journal entries and bank reconciliations for 7 sub companies and analysis of various accounts including expenses and projects * Assist in the timely and accurate closing of the company 's accounting systems and records on a periodic basis * Work closely with assist controller and controller to ensure general ledger activity is accurate and in accordance with GAAP * Coordinate with and provide the support to assist controller to complete the corporate budgeting process and related analysis * Coordination with external auditors for requests and inquiries * Provide coaching to junior staff * Active participation and contribution in all required audits, cost reporting and tax filings. * Handle multiple assignments simultaneously, including the preparation of ad Hoc reports.
- Staff Accountant, General Ledger accountant at MERUELO ENTERPRISES, Inc
- Specialist, Accounting at ACROSSER USA INC
- Specialist, Accounting at BOLIDE TECHNOLOGY GROUP
- Staff Accountant at SOUTHERN STAR DISTRIBUTORS
8 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting and Information Management - Accounting and Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Management - Financial Management
• Prepare monthly journal entries to ensure GAAP compliance for pre-paid expenditures, insurance obligations, and certain accrued liabilities
• Reconcile asset and liability accounts containing significant volumes of data, research reconciling items and prepare adjusting journal entries as required
• Understand monthly, quarterly, annual changes in P&L and balance sheet accounts and clearly communicate the factors driving the variances to management and auditors
• Prepare workpapers for quarterly reviews and year-end audits
• Support the General Ledger team members, provide assistance for absences, complete special requests, respond to auditor questions
• Research questions from other business departments and prepare correcting and special request journal entries
• Assisted with the purchase accounting for an acquisition, including a reset to fair value of assets and liabilities and a mid-month cutoff of all balance sheet accounts
- General Ledger Accountant II at General Communication, Inc
- General Ledger Accountant I at General Communication, Inc
- General Ledger Assistant Accountant at General Communication, Inc
- Accounting Technician at Pegasus Aviation
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelors of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
- Responsible for accounting through month end - Balance cash and bank reconciliations - Audit all general ledger accounts - Process sales tax returns - Accounts Payable
- General Ledger Accountant at Valiant Integrated Services
- Temporary Accounting and Payroll Assignments at ACCOUNTEMPS
- Payroll/Assistant Controller at JOHN W. MCDOUGALL CO, INC
- Payroll Administrator at ANCIRA ENTERPRISES
11 months at this Job
•Work collaboratively with all stakeholders in providing a WorldClass Education
•Prepare complex financial data necessary for preparation of School Division’s CAFR, the Annual School Report, etc.
•Assist with implementation of governmental accounting standards
•Monitor and assist in oversight of various school funds
•Assist in writing accounting policies and procedures and training of such of School Division staff
•Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
•Work with Purchasing, Payroll, and Budget offices as necessary
•Write financial reports as needed using complex automated reporting tools
•Assist in internal and external audits as required
•Implement Credit Card acceptance
- General Ledger Accountant II at Prince William County Schools
- Accountant (Contractor) at Avyance
- Substitute Teacher at DoDEA
- Member Service Representative II at Navy Federal Credit Union
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Administration
- Bachelor's - Accounting
Client General Ledger Accountant August 2018 – Present
• Prepare monthly financial statement for HOA (i.e., non-profit) communities.
• Reconcile various accounts (A/R, A/P, working capital, reserve, etc).
• Lead accounting process improvement projects.
• Maintain a portfolio containing multiple top 25 clients of the company.
• Brief HOA Board of Directors of various communities.
• Confirm and review that fees and expenses follow HOA governing documents.
• Reviewed and entered compilations and audits from CPA firm while verifying accuracy.
• Support community managers in planning and establishing budgets for 2019.
• Verify expenses are classified appropriately.
- General Ledger Accountant at FirstService Residential
- Governmental Auditor - Intern at Pattillo, Brown & Hill, L.L.P
- Assistant Manager at Woodhollow Apartments
- Leasing Agent at
7 months at this Job
- Master of Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
• Processed journal entries and performed accounting corrections to ensure accurate records
• Reconciled bank statement and running vehicle deals daily with activity originating from various branches
• Maintained reconciliations of inventories, accounts receivables, and deposits
• Participated in month and year end duties for general ledger as a part of a six person team
• Facilitated transactions of vehicles and relationships between the branches and corporate
• Worked heavily within Excel and Procede
- General Ledger Accountant at Interstate Companies
- Accountant at CBIZ MHM
- Waitress at Roasted Pear
- Accounting Intern at Malark Logistics
10 months at this Job
- - Public Accounting and Spanish