Roseville, California 6/2010 - 10/2011 Associate Geologist/Technician
• Investigated the sequence, structure, locations and properties of geologic materials with respect to water quality, groundwater flow and groundwater surface water interaction; evaluated geologic and hydrogeologic data to determine aquifer characteristics. Collected and reviewed groundwater monitoring data, analyzed hydrogeologic data.
• Conducted investigations to obtain geologic data for the planning, design and construction of soil borings, groundwater monitoring wells, soil vapor extraction wells and air sparging wells; collected groundwater and soil samples and water level measurements, collected air samples.
• Performed management and oversight of projects, subsurface investigations, technical report preparation and site work coordination with regulators, permitting agencies, owners or site managers and subcontractors. Prepared and reviewed: various types of reports, plans, maps, cross sections, boring logs, and diverse tables; prepared applications for permits, reviewed construction plans specifications and records. Supervised personnel during drilling and other fieldwork.
• Prepared and reviewed Subsurface Investigation Technical Reports, Site Conceptual Models, Corrective Action Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Work Plans, Site Status Reports, Groundwater Monitoring and Sampling Reports and various other reports and plans.
• Performed operation and maintenance of various remediation systems, including thermal vapor treatment, water and vapor treatment systems (using carbon canisters) air and oxygen sparging. Performed dual phase extraction tests (vapor-water), using Mobile Dual Phase Extraction - MDPE units; analyzed recorded data (cone of depression, vacuum, etc.) and evaluated system effectiveness.
- Associate Geologist at E2C REMEDIATION
- Associate Geologist at STANTEC CONSULTING CORPORATION
- Project Geologist at RISK-BASED DECISIONS, INC
- Project Geoscientist - Environmental/Geological Consultant at SAIC
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BS (Equivalent) - Geology
GEOLOGIST/PETROPHYSICIST: Retired and Inactive
- GEOLOGIST at PETROPHYSICIST
- GEOLOGIST at PETROPHYSICIST
- CONSULTANT at RICHARD C. MCCULLOUGH, LLC
- Contract geologist at International Reservoirs, Inc
9 years at this Job
- M.Sc. - Geology
- PhD - French
Geosteering and Mudlogging geologist. Geologic formation analysis and sampling XRF analysis. Onsite Geochemistry: Isopach, Isojar, and Isotube sampling. SES proficient.
- Geologist at Earth Science Agency
- Geological Data Engineer at DrillingInfo
- Geological Data Analyst/Data QA/ Data Governance at IHS Markit
- Sales Associate for Season Ticket Sales and Account Management at CU Athletic Department and Ticket Office
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors in Geology - Geology
• Focus primarily on oil, generate and drill exploration prospects. This work included prospect identification, lease acquisition, necessary OCC work (spacing, pooling) and investment placement with working interest partners.
• Prospect drilling included Tussy, Sycamore, Hunton and Arbuckle vertical wells; Cleveland, Marchand, and Bromide horizontal wells.
• Monitor HBP properties, recommend and assist remedial/workovers, new zone recompletions, increased density drilling.
• Manage prospecting efforts of additional staff geologist and geotech.
• Administer maintanence of PETRA, Geographix, LogSleuth and other geologic data.
- Geologist at Keith F. Walker Oil & Gas Co, LLC
- Geologist at Enron then EOG Resources
- Geologist at ARCO Oil and Gas
- Mining Geologist and Mineral Exploration Geologist at Anaconda Copper Mining Company
15 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's Degree - Geology
- Bachelor's Degree - Geology
• Worked as lead geologist for NOJV major capital project "Liza", a phased development located on the Stabroek block, offshore Guyana. The field is expected to deliver in excess of 1bboe over the course of a 20 year production license via FPSO and subsea wells from numerous turbidite sandstone reservoirs.
• In this role I worked on a multi-disciplinary team (as the lead geologist/geomodeler) including other geoscientists, engineers, and economists. I also engaged regularly with partners Exxon Mobil (operator) and Hess at quarterly technical meetings and was responsible for making recommendations regarding appraisal well activities and screening of development plans.
• Based on work products developed by myself and the team, we secured over $3 bbn US in funding for, and progressed the Liza Phase I and Phase II developments from Concept Select, through Feed and into Execute. In total, 40-50 deep water wells are expected to be drilled in these fields.
• This position required multiple trips per annum to Beijing, Calgary, and other office locations and an ability to facilitate relationships with technical staff in CNOOC International
• Primary day to day responsibilities included screening of development plans, formulating plans to influence the operator where necessary, and to prepare SEC compliant reserve reports for YE reporting.
• Advisory role implemented for Payara/Pacora development (Greater Liza Area Phase III), with mentorship of junior employee seeking to learn modeling workflows.
- Geologist at Nexen Energy Services USA-- CNOOC International
- Geologist at Nexen Petroleum USA
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Geology and Geophysics
- Bachelor's - Geology and Geophysics
BOEM - Resource Evaluation - Interpreted seismic data for prospect exploration and regional analyses; mapped prospects over 1,000,000 acres on the OCS Gulf of Mexico - Integrated seismic, paleontological, production, and petrophysical data for prospect evaluations including prospect identification, economic viability, risk assessments, volumetric projections, trend analyses, and field studies - Served as lead geologist for Lease Sale evaluations in designated protraction areas - Provided resource estimates for the Gulf of Mexico National Assessment projects - Served as in-house GeoFrame IESX trainer and mentor for all new interpreters
- Geologist at U.S. Department of Interior
- Geologist at General Dynamics
- Geologist at CLK Co., LLC
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
As part of the international exploration team: I worked with geologist, geophysicist, engineers, landmen, and management to complete worldwide risk assessment and exploration strategy.
• We evaluated shale plays in Poland, elected to not participate due to poor source rock geochemistry and saved capital investment for better opportunities.
• Conventional Prospecting Colombia bid Round; I attended international data room, evaluated near virgin basins to determine if a working petroleum system existed, modeled basin history, and fluid predictions. Prepared prospects assemble recommendations for bid round and presented to management.
• We (Unconventional Resource Team) Evaluated the Eagle Ford Shale and assembled a substantial land position in a liquids rich area in Karnes and Dewitt counties Texas Sold to Petro-Hawk for massive profit.
• I appraised HBP acreage in Wheeler County for Granite Wash play potential and designed a development plan. I have successfully delineated sweet spots for development.
• As part of the Williston basin development group I Geo-Steer Horizontal Bakken and Three Forks wells.
• I studied the Tyler Formation in North Dakota as a potential structural/stratigraphic play for the fluvial facies and possible unconventional resource play in the shale facies.
• Evaluate potential new ventures and acquisitions in emerging plays. Identifying most potential Deals
- Geologist at Petro-Hunt
- Senior Geotech / Geologist in Training at IACX Energy
10 years at this Job
- Masters of Science - Geology
- Bachelor of Science - Geology
I have worked as a deep level gold mine geologist, as a geologist in the geotechnical consulting world and as a salesman in selling geosynthetics.
- Geologist at MADSEN, KNEPPERS & ASSOCIATES
- TEAM MANAGER at San Diego Legion Rugby
- INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT at Madsen Kneppers & Assoc, Inc
- OWNER at Kilaricare LLC
6 months at this Job
- BSc - Geology
- MBA degree - 4 year
Field Geologist and Manager for the following projects: Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated, Northeast Grid Transmission System Reliability Upgrade Program - Program Management, Piscataway, New Jersey. - Field supervisor responsible for materials management during the installation of PSEG underground electrical conduits to comply with NJDEP Linear Constriction Regulations. This included sampling of soil water and concrete for three circuits totaling 22 miles throughout various northern cities. This data was used to coordinate disposal to NJ licensed facilities. These materials were continuously tracked by field inspectors along with other non-sampled materials such as piping, asbestos, and asphalt. Duties also included managing the six field inspectors who logged and properly manifested soil and water trucks and conducted soil and air environmental monitoring of the construction sites. Trucking logs were collected from the field to generate a database for each route. This database was used to compare with signed manifests from the disposal facility to ensure proper disposal. A discrepancy list was created for loads which could not be reconciled. This database was also used to verify payment as the contractor was paid per load. National Grid USA, Inwood Former Gas Terminal, Brooklyn, New York.- Field supervisor for drilling and sampling for coal tar in order to define the horizontal and vertical extent in a former manufactured gas facility. Performed community air monitoring during the coal tar drilling process and for directional drilling when National Grid installed an electrical feeder line under a New York bay. PPG, Chrome Cleanup, Jersey City, NJ- Served as contract manager for a cleanup of a16 acre site with chromium contaminated soils and water. Soils were excavated for out of state disposal and groundwater was pumped into tankers for disposal. Responsibilities included reporting directly to the client on work progress, schedules, quantities, and safety issues. Additional duties included coordinating with the contractor to determine the best and most efficient methods for excavation and supervision of a field team to provide environmental services during the project. Roselle Water Booster Station, NJ American Water Company, Roselle NJ - Served as the Resident Inspector for the successful replacement of the existing aged Roselle Water Booster Station with a completely new 21 MGD capacity station. The project included a complex construction and maintenance of operation sequence to maintain the delivery of water to NJAW's customers in North Jersey while construction of the new station took place. The new station was a custom building with a four 7.3 MGD vertical turbine pumps. The system also included installation of a 1,250 KW emergency generator. The site existing electrical service was replaced with a new transformer, metering arrangement and disconnect. The pump system included new switchgear, MCC, two VFD and two constant speed pumps. As inspector on the complex project, I was responsible to coordinate and resolve design related RFIs with the design team and to serve as the primary interface with the Owner at the Site. Croton Water Treatment Plant Construction, New York City Department of Environmental Protection, Bronx, New York. Design Liaison Engineer for the $6 billion Croton plant construction project, focusing on inspection and design coordination in connection with foundations and tunnels. Responsibilities included the resolution and clarification of design issues in the conformed specifications and drawings, as presented by the contractor and site construction managers. Responsibilities also included the review and coordination of shop drawing submittals within the construction management team and communication/oversight of shop drawing modifications by the contractor.
- Geologist at AECOM
at this Job
10. Geologist Resume
Duties: Part of a team of two full time geologist interns originally hired to run the 2011 monitor well drilling program for Strathmore Minerals, a uranium mining company. Extended work past the drilling season included quarterly water sampling of over 30 wells, soil/sediment sampling, assisting in writing geologic reports and creating well logs, maps and cross sections as part of a baseline data report for an NRC license application for a uranium mill. A permanent full-time position as a geologist was offered and accepted July, 2012. Field Duties:
• On site for the drilling of 19 water monitoring wells and core holes on proposed uranium mine and mill sites near Grants, New Mexico as part of a pre-license environmental baseline study
• Supervised all aspects of drilling, reaming, coring, geophysical logging and well construction and kept a field notebook detailing all activities
• Collected cuttings from all boreholes in 5 foot increments, which were logged and archived
• Collected, marked, logged, sampled and boxed core from 2 core holes (1200 feet total collected)
• Scanned core with a scintillation detector to test for radioactivity
• Used a Topcon GIS to locate and map historic boreholes and wells for mapping and monitoring purposes
•Collected, bottled, preserved and shipped ground and surface water samples for chemical analysis, following all SOPs.
•Conducted multi-parameter tests in the field on water while sampling to determine pH, conductivity, TDS, turbidity, temperature and salinity
•Assisted in the collection, packing, preserving and shipping of soil/sediment samples
• Analyzed bore hole geophysical logs to generate well construction diagrams
• Air sample monitoring station maintenance and collection of samples for TSP and PM10 systems, and collection of MET data
• Assisted in deployment/collection of radon flux data collectors
• Safely mobilized core trailer and equipment to/from field sites
• Geologic mapping of the 1 square mile proposed mill site and surrounding areas for the generation of cross sections and maps – strikes and dips of bedding planes, orientation of fracture/joint sets, locations of rock unit contacts, structures, lithology etc.
• Worked closely with the project geologist and drilling company to ensure project success
• Assisted in conducting a geophysical/seismic survey of the mill site property using geophone transects to determine the presence and location of subsurface structures
• Extensive travel (by truck) away from home for periods of time ranging from days to a week
• Miscellaneous field work includes locating, measuring and staking drill pads for wells prior to drilling and assisting in staking a 6 mile long pipeline location Office Duties:
• Assisted in writing the geology section for a mine permit application for Strathmore Resources’ Wyoming location
• Assisted in writing the geology sections for the technical and environmental reports of a NRC application for a uranium mill license in accordance with NU-REG 1748 and RG 3.8 (requirements from 10 CFR 51)
• Extensive experience using Neuralog software to digitize old gamma, SP and resistivity logs from exploration bore holes
• Learning to use Vulcan program to make cross-sections and plan view maps of mine stopes
• Analyzed porosity and permeability hydrologic data from core samples
• Performed PFN/assay correlations on core
• Researched structural, tectonic, geologic, hydrologic, volcanic and seismic data for inclusion in the geologic report based on maps and literature
• Used Strater 3 software to create well logs and cross sections for the mill site property based on date collected while drilling
•Generated well records/logs for the New Mexico Office of the State Engineer
•Helped write a paper for the NMGS 2013 logbook on the Grants uranium district as well as a mini-paper on the Roca Honda mine project
• Conducted an assessment of Section 106 Programmatic Agreements in preparation of possibly writing a PA for the RHR EIS.
• Responsible for having work trucks serviced and repaired as needed
- Geologist at Strathmore Minerals US Ltd.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant at New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
- Corporate Purchaser at Akal Security Inc
- Light wheel vehicle mechanic at US Armed Services
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS in Geology - Earth and Environmental Science/Geology
- AAS - Criminal Justice