I worked in different onshore and offshore projects under the supervision of a senior geotechnical engineer. Part of my job responsibilities include site investigation, borehole logging, bearing capacity and settlement analysis, liquefaction analysis, thermal modelling, slope stability analysis in slide, pile driveability analysis in GRLWEAP, report writing etc. I have written both geotech data and design report in this job.
- Geotechnical Engineer at PND Engineers INC
- Graduate Teaching Assistant at University of Alaska Fairbanks
- Graduate Intern at Division of Geological and Geophysical Surveys Alaska
7 months at this Job
- Master's - Geological Engineering
- Bachelor's - Civil Engineering
Oct, 2010- to July,2017: Best Consulting Engineers as Geotechnical Engineer The main job function and responsibilities include the following.
➢ Field work coordination of geotechnical investigations work for different structures
➢ Logging of core samples
➢ Geotechnical report writing and foundation recommendations
➢ Soil and construction material investigation, locating burrows, quarries, aggregates for railway and road projects.
➢ Performing and analyzing In situ tests SPT (Standard Penetration Test), DCP (Dynamic Cone Penetration) and Schmitz Hammer Rebound test. Some of the Projects undertaken include: Name of project: Dedidibt- Adirimit Road project
• Employer: Sure construction
• Client: Ethiopian Road Authority
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of Tekeze River Bridge
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer Name of project: T/HAIMANOT SQUARE-GRAND PALACE ROAD PROJECT
• Client: Addis Ababa Road Authority
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of River Bridge
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer Name of project: GEBRE GURACHA AND CHANCHO SUBSTATION PROJECT.
• Employer: Bokra construction and Trading plc in association with Hyosung corporation
• Client: Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of power substation
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer Name of project: BOLE AIR PORT TERMINAL EXPANSION PROJECT
• Employer: China communications construction company
• Client: Ethiopian Airport Enterprise
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of terminal expansion
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer Name of project: 4B+G+30 BUILDING
• Employer: ZEMEN BANK
• Client: ZEMEN BANK
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of head quarter building
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer Name of project: Condominium building
• Employer: Addis Ababa Housing Construction office
• Client: Ababa Housing Construction office
• Main project features: Geotechnical investigation of G+4 and G+7 Condominium building
• Position held: Geotechnical Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer at Best consulting Engineers(A.A, Ethiopia)
- Geotechnical Engineer (AS Freelancer) at EDGE Consulting Enterprise(A.A, Ethiopia)
- Geotechnical Engineer at Ethiopian Road Authority
- Exploration Geologist at EDGE Consulting Enterprise
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- B.Sc. - Earth science
I help prepare FDOT geotechnical reports. I classify soils, assign lab tests, and prepare residential geotechnical reports as well.
- Geotechnical Engineer at Test Lab
- Project Engineer at Ayres Associates
- Project Engineer at CPWG Engineering
- Project Engineer at Civilsurv Design Group
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- B.S.C.E. - Civil and Environmental Engineering
• Experienced in performing subsurface investigation for various type of projects.
• Prepared and analyzed soil boring logs using gINT software.
• Performed laboratory assessments and analyzed soil samples to provide foundation recommendations.
• Assisted Professional Engineers in preparing Geotechnical Report.
• Performed inspection for Soil, Asphalt, and Concrete for building and highway projects.
- Geotechnical Engineer at Capitol Development Design Inc
- Research Assistant at Dr. Anthony Tessari, UB Department of Civil
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil and Structural Engineering
Responsible for Sirovision mapping, wire framing, lithological and 3dm modelling, lead geological and structural mapping, slope monitoring and management, prism installation, collection of drill core data and analysing the data for geotechnical purposes, point load test computation, other assign duties by my Manager.
- Geotechnical Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Mine
- Exploration Engineer at AngloGold Ashanti Iduapriem Mine
- Drilling Training Manager at University Of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa (Ghana)
- at Goldfields Ghana Limited
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Certificate in BSc
- Certificate of Proficiency in Principles in Mining Engineering
- Certificate in General Drilling
- Certificate of Proficiency in Computer Applications
- Certificate of Proficiency in First Aid
- Certificate of Proficiency in Safety Management
• Prepare scopes, budgets, proposals and schedules for various projects of varying complexity.
• Coordinate, direct and oversee field drilling and laboratory testing for various projects of varying complexity. Perform field seismic testing (MASW) and analyze the field data to provide shear wave velocity profiles for various purposes including seismic site classification and liquefaction analysis.
• Perform geotechnical engineering evaluation, analysis and design to provide design recommendations, which include shallow foundation bearing capacity, deep (drilled shaft and driven pile) foundation end bearing and skin friction, deep foundation lateral capacity parameters and analysis using LPILE, foundation settlements including using SETTLE3D, flexible and rigid pavements, stability of natural as well as cut and fill slopes using SLOPE/W, and seismic liquefaction analysis.
• Projects include: commercial and residential subdivision developments; wind energy facilities; solar energy facilities; oil and gas facilities including horizontal directional drills (HDD), compressor stations, and small to large storage tanks for oil terminals; water channel structures including culverts and drop structures; bridges and roadways; railway inter-modal facility, railway embankment slope stability and siding addition.
- Geotechnical Engineer at Olsson
- Geotechnical Project Engineer/Manager at Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Research Assistant at Applied Geophysics Center, University of Nevada Las Vegas
- Consulting Geotechnical Engineer at GHEaSES International Pvt. Ltd.
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- PhD - Civil (Geotechnical) and Environmental Engineering
- MS - Geotechnical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Civil Engineering
Currently working as a Geotechnical Engineer on a field assignment at a large dam remediation project in the Middle East working for the U.S. Government. The position duties include Quality Assurance (QA) oversight of production drilling and grouting activities by the contractor and local government, management and review of contractor methods and submittals, coordination of geologic exploration efforts and interpretation of foundation conditions, installation of dam instrumentation, project report writing, and data analysis.
- Geotechnical Engineer at AECOM
- Geotechnical Engineer at US Bureau of Reclamation
- Geological Engineer at HDR
- Staff Engineer at GEI Consultants
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Geological Engineering
- Bachelor's - Geology
Racine Lock & Dam Hydropower Failed Dam Replacement, Racine, Ohio.
• Responsible for geotechnical and material engineering aspect of a new functional replacement dam for a failed cellular cofferdam.
• Reviewed and approved plans & specifications, design criteria, geotechnical interpretation, geotechnical data reports, monitoring, drilled shaft design, and secant pile wall design.
• Performed critical site observation and supervised of junior engineers performing site observation on geotechnical construction including drill shaft, sheet pile wall, tie-back wall, and secant pile installations.
• Reviewed weekly instrumentation monitoring for stability of failed cellular cofferdam.
• Participated in Board of Consultants meetings reviewing proposed design and construction options. Emergency Access Road and Failed Slope Repair, Martin, Kentucky.
• Responsible for geotechnical aspects of roadway design and failed slope repair.
• Authored plans and specifications for construction.
• Supervised field construction changes based on subsurface conditions encountered.
• Reviewed and approved contractor submittals including construction plan of action, equipment & material submittals, and construction placement records. Phase 2, Nonstructural Section 202 Project, Martin, Kentucky.
• Responsible for geotechnical aspects of 50 percent DDR for temporary roadway, final roadway, soldier pile and lagging and mechanically stabilized wall, reinforced soil slopes, borrow site evaluation, and 350,000 CY earth fill.
• Prepared value engineering scope of work and participated in VE study with outside consultant. Atwood Pedestrian Bridge Replacement Project, New Cumberland, Ohio.
• Responsible for supervision of junior engineers designing all geotechnical aspects of pedestrian bridge abutment replacement. Abutment replacement design issues included; slope stability, bearing capacity, settlement, lateral earth pressures, and crane pad design.
• Directed junior engineers on creation of plans and specifications.
• Reviewed and approved contractor submittals including construction plan of action, equipment & material submittals, and construction placement records. Blairsville Culvert Replacement Project, Blairsville, Pennsylvania.
• Responsible for geotechnical design aspects for replacement of a 14 foot diameter failed culvert including slope stability, lateral earth pressures, and micro pile foundation support.
• Authored plans and specifications for construction. Lick Run Slope Protection Project, South Park Township, Pennsylvania.
• Responsible for geotechnical design of multiple big block retaining walls ranging from 9.5 to 13.5 feet exposed height in existing streambed.
• Responsible for geotechnical design of steepened stone slope protection utilizing retained soil replacement with aggregate to achieve a stable configuration.
• Authored plans and specifications for construction. Technical Reference for Geotechnical Section Staff, Huntington, West Virginia
• Numerous projects addressing instrumentation, seepage, slope stability, culvert design, crane pads, bridge abutments, retaining walls, soldier pile & lagging walls, building foundation underpinning, sink holes, grouting, laboratory testing schedules, laboratory data interpretation, and subsurface explorations. District Quality Control reviewer, Agency Technical Review reviewer, and Biddability, Constructability, Operability, Environmental and Sustainability reviewer for numerous projects within the Huntington District.
- Lead Geotechnical Engineer at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Huntington District
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer at Triad Engineering
- Associate Professor of Engineering (Tenured) at Information Technology & Engineering, Marshall University
- Faculty Member at Information Technology & Engineering, Marshall University
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Civil Engineering - Geotechnical
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering
- Post Master’s Degree work complete through PhD Candidate level - Civil Engineering (Geotechnical)
- Geotechnical Engineer II at City of Los Angeles - Geotechnical Engineering Group
- Geotechnical Engineer I at City of Los Angeles - Geotechnical Engineering Group
- Geotechnical Engineer I at City of Los Angeles - Grading Section
- Geotechnical Engineer at Schaefer Dixon Associates
15 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering
- Master of Science - Engineering
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
- Geotechnical Consultant at MURRAYENGINEERS INC
- Geotechnical Consultant at HARO KASUNICH & ASSOCIATES
- Geotechnical Consultant at EARTH MECHANICS, Inc
- Geotechnical Consultant at DARYA KHAK co
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Geotechnical Enigineering
- M.S. - Earthquake Engineering
- B.S. - Civil Engineering