Brooklyn, NY / 2018 - Present
MASTER OF SCIENCE Main Provider to Adult/Geriatric patients who require medical attention
Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
due to multiple chronic, progressive core morbidities which create
Hunter College - Bellevue
taxing efforts to leave their home. These morbidities include Congestive
Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, COPD, Dementia, bed
ridden patients, etc.
NEW YORK & NEW
• Responsible for delivery of ambulatory care to 10 patients a day. Tasks JERSEY CERTIFIED include taking medical history, vital signs, assessing, evaluating, diagnosing and treating. Medication reconciliation, prescribing, sending ANCC ANP BOARD CERTIFIED referrals, and updating patient records was also done for every patient.
• Working alongside other Physicians, specialist and Practitioners to provide holistic approach to establish appropriate plan of care. ADULT/GERIATRIC PRIMARY
• Implemented successful plan of care that has decreased visits to CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER Emergency Rooms and has prevented recurrent hospitalizations.
- Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner at Essen Medical
- ADULT/GERIATRIC NURSE PRACTITIONER PROVIDER at Cerebral Palsy Association
- at Doctorate In Nursing Practice
1 year at this Job
- Doctorate - DNP
Employed as a Board Certified Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner in Internal Medicine Practice. Experienced, knowledgeable, empathetic, dedicated practitioner with a broad range of experience caring for the adult population along their life span.
- Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner at Privia Medical Group
- Associate Medical Director at Turning Point Clinic
- Independent Contractor at Primary Care
- Adult/Geriatric Nurse Practitioner at Chesapeake Home Physicians
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Masters - Gerontology
- Masters of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- BSN - Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Assistant, Sub-Acute Rehab Unit: Assisted Doctors, Therapists, and Nurses with compassionate care for patients, vitals signs, ADLs, therapy, transferring with medical equipment, procedures and dressings, utilized medical computer systems, applied medical training in an emergency situation
- Geriatric Nurse Assistant at Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital
- Concierge/Receptionist at InterSolutions, LLC
- Customer Care Professional and Research Specialist at Aspire Lifestyles
- Supervisor at AMC Movie Theatre
1 year at this Job
- AS 3.4 GPA 48 of 60 Credits - Liberal Studies
Park Rapids, MN
• As a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, utilized advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision-making skills, working independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. Providing care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention for patients residing in long term care, and assisted living facilities.
• Made daily visits to residents in skilled nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities to provide medical care and treatment to their residents;
• Performed physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of attending physicians utilizing approved protocols.
• Ordered, interprets and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess residents' clinical problems and health care needs;
• Ensured documentation is complete and timely for resident management/continuity of care and billing purposes. Documentation of medical necessity for purposes of billing visits;
• Ensured communication of billing information to the billing service;
• Communicated with interdisciplinary team and Director of Nursing as well as medical staff to ensure continuity of care delivery;
• Acted as a resident advocate and communicates with families when appropriate
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner at Essentia Health, St. Mary's Elder Care Clinic, Detroit Lakes
- Nurse Practitioner at Sanford Health, Southpointe Internal Medicine
- Emergency Room Registered Nurse at University Health Care
- PACU Registered Nurse at St. Anthony's Medical Center
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Adult/Gerontology Nurse Practitioner
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing
- Associates Degree - Registered Nurse
Geriatric Nurse Practitioner for Psychiatrists Dr Isidro 2015-2018 Job Responsibilities: Mental status exam on psychiatric patients in nursing homes, memory care, and assisted living facilities, medication management, implementing psychotropic gradual dose reductions, diagnosing psychiatric patients
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner for Psychiatrist Dr Basta at
- at Loyal Source Government Services
- at Ramos Medical Associates
- Clinical Nurse II at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
3 years at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
Interim Geriatric Nurse Navigator:
• Develops early relationships with geriatric patients, families and caregivers
• Participates in daily multidisciplinary rounds to obtain and provide information regarding patients’ diagnoses, medical history, on-going and planned treatments and current living situation
• Provides bedside education to patients and caregivers regarding medications and treatments
• Conducts post discharge follow-up calls with patients and family members to monitor progress and compliance to continuing care efforts and intervene as necessary
• Coordinates patient movement between care providers
• Helps to connect patients and families to care coordinator and social worker regarding post discharge placement, homecare nursing and PT services Registered Nurse:
• Provide optimal nursing care on a medical/surgical unit that serves mainly, but not exclusively, the members of our community that are 65 years and older
• Utilize critical thinking and decision making skills to ensure that patient care is customized in accordance with medical diagnoses, level of physical function, cognitive abilities and personal needs
• Educate patients, and when appropriate, caregivers and patients' families regarding patient safety, health maintenance, medication administration, and initial and ongoing therapies
• Communicate and collaborate with physicians, respiratory therapists and fellow nurses regarding patient care to ensure optimal patient safety
• Monitor vital signs and perform initial and on-going assessments of patients' physical, neurological and pain status
• Administer medication and IV therapies in compliance with all patient safety standards
• Monitor patient intake and output as well as continuous assessment and maintenance of IV lines, central lines, nasogastric and gastrointestinal tubes and chest tubes
• Provide accurate and detailed documentation of all nursing actions and patient status
• Serve as charge nurse as well as preceptor to new nurses to the unit
- Interim Geriatric Nurse Navigator and Registered Nurse at Penn Medicine, Princeton Medical Center
- Clinical Nurse Specialist at Princeton Consumer Research
- Registered Nurse at Vidya Valada Internal Medicine
- at New York Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology - Sociology
• Answer patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems to determine patients' needs.
• Turn or reposition bedridden patients.
• Provide physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising.
• Review patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet.
• Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
• Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
• Gather information from caregivers, nurses, or physicians about patient condition, treatment plans, or appropriate activities.
• Observe or examine patients to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises, open wounds, or blood in urine.
• Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
• Feed patients or assist patients to eat or drink.
• Undress, wash, and dress patients who are unable to do so for themselves.
• Lift or assist others to lift patients to move them on or off bed.
• Communicate with patients to ascertain feelings or need for assistance or social and emotional support.
• Prepare or serve food trays.
• Clean and sanitize patient rooms, bathrooms, or other patient areas.
• Record height or weight of patients.
• Apply clean dressings, slings, stockings, or support bandages, under direction of nurse or physician.
• Change bed linens or make beds. Restock patient rooms with personal hygiene items, such as towels, washcloths, soap, or toilet.
- Geriatric Nurse Assistant at Keswick Multi-Care Center
- Front End Lead Trainer at Kmart
- Secretary at Department of Social Services
- Teacher Assistant at Zoned for Kidz
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Assist patient with ADL`S daily Follow direct care plan for the patient given from the charge nurse follow all HIPPA laws and ensure the dignity of the patient Assistance of Hoyer Life and Sit to Stand when assistance is needed
- Geriatric Nurse Aide at Gensis Health Care
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Nursing
Patient Care 11-7 Shift Vitals Signs performed every shift. Pass ice cups to ensure hydration throughout the shif.
- Geriatric Nurse at Genesis healthcare Caton Manor
- Geriatric Nurse / Genesis healthcare at
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Federal Staffing Resources LLC
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Victoire healthcare
4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor of Science
- Associate of Science - Health
- Geriatric Nurse at Cambria care center
8 years, 4 months at this Job