Teaching elementary-aged school children the fundamental basis of the German language by creatively engaging them in fun activities following a strict curriculum in correspondence with the exact guidelines of the German Board of Education. Delivered a presentation at the German Consulate in NYC for the 37th German Language School Conference.
- German Teacher at German School of Connecticut
- Freelance Language Instructor at
- Freelance Editor at Book "Questions for God"
- School Volunteer at Tolland Intermediate School and Birch Grove Primary School
7 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Philosophy and the Sciences
- - Buddhism and Modern Psychology
- - Psychology of Memory through Movies
- - Biotechnology
- - Psychology as a Science
Pioneered German language program at a high school in its inaugural year as the only German teacher
● Gained experience working with middle school students, teaching connections
● Created and taught lesson plans for German I students
- German Teacher at Cherokee Bluff High School
- Practicum at Collins Hill High School
- Practicum at Oglethorpe Avenue Elementary School
- Maintenance Assistant at University of Georgia Housing
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Education - World Language Education German
Taught beginning to advanced German language and literature in the Lower School and High School. Re-designed curriculum for entire German program.
- GERMAN TEACHER at Green Meadow Waldorf School
- ADJUNCT ENGLISH PROFESSOR at Green Meadow Waldorf School
- ADJUNCT ESL PROFESSOR, New York and New Jersey at Mercy College
- ENGLISH TEACHER at Free Waldorf School Kaltenkirchen
22 years at this Job
- MASTER OF FINE ARTS - Film and Television Production
- TESL CERTIFICATE
- - Teaching Methodology
- MASTER OF ARTS - GERMAN
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - GERMAN
- - Studies in German, Spanish, French, Russian and Italian
Using a co-teaching model and and a multiple modalities approach, I teach German in 2 classes (years 3 and 4+), with special focus on International Baccalaureate Curricula. Achievements include: Maintaining an engaging, positive, and inclusive classroom environment in 100% German Designing and implementing challenging, level-appropriate lessons using authentic and self-made materials Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data from formative and summative assessments to inform and adjust further instruction Providing specific and actionable feedback on student work, encouraging improvement using multiple drafts and peer and teacher support Keeping collaborative relationships and consistent communication with parents and guardians
- German Teacher Candidate at Lincoln High School
- German Teacher Candidate at Lincoln High School
- Self-Employed at Self-Employed
- Client Services Coordinator at Apex Real Estate Partners
7 months at this Job
- Master's Degree - Education
- Bachelor's Degree - German
- - German and English
• Designed Courses in German.
• Taught German to employees of the company.
- German Teacher at Valeo Automotive Design, Tuam, Co
- Human relations and Human Resources expert at English for Josep Polo
- Account Manager at Lightbridge
- Executive Assistant at Mass Financial Services
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Modern languages
Designing curriculum, planning lessons, collaboration with peers, experienced educators, and families, research and enrollment in professional development workshops, organizing German Club events and fundraising opportunities for local charities, providing personal and academic support for students of ages 12-18, operating copy and other office machines, designing formative and summative assessments, working knowledge of Google Docs and other Google Applications as well as Microsoft Word and other organizational websites, personal contact with families, time and resource management, ordering of needed supplies through web-based platforms and personal interactions
- German Teacher at Waupaca High School & Middle School
- Pool Supervisor at Fond du Lac Community Aquatic Center
- German Tutor at Fond du Lac Community Aquatic Center
- Consumables Department Worker & Cashier at Fleet Farm
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - teaching
- HIgh School Diploma - German
Encourage student learning by continually exploring new ways to design engaging curriculum.
•Participated in the completion of the university German daily education. group activities.
•Provided instruction to a diverse student population, paying particular attention to different learning styles.
•Developed German lesson plans, provide student assessments, and manage classroom and group activities.
•Encouraged student learning by continually exploring new ways to design engaging curriculum.
•Advised students on a wide range of topics, including obtaining an internship, resume writing, and job search strategies.
•Accomplished students in the selection and guidance of students' graduation thesis.
- German Teacher at Chongqing Nanfang Translators College of SISU
- Front Desk Receptionist at Holliday Inn Chongqing North
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- - ESL
- Master of Arts - German Culture and Intercultural Studies
- Bachelor of Arts - July
German as a Second Language
• Plan and develop lesson plans
• Creating modified assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students
• Organization and coordination of a reading competition
• Organization and coordination of a schoolwide project day
- German Teacher at Deutsche Schule Ann Arbor
- Administrative Assistant at Voltaik Check GbR, Moormerland
- Association member and Head of Human Resources Development (01/2017-07/2017) at Student Consulting STUNT e.V., Bielefeld
- Trainee at Volkswagen AG, Emden
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts (M.A.) - Adult Education and Media Education
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Education and Didactics
- - General
Teaching of Grades 10-12 accelerated and regular German classes; review and development of content standards and competency goals according to ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines; revising curriculum documents; lesson planning aligned to adopted curricula and competencies in speaking, reading, writing and listening; adapting lessons and exams to differentiated learning needs; evaluation of student achievement through data and assessment reporting; development of midterm and final examinations; planning and chaperoning of month-long GAPP exchange program; advising students on Honor Society activities such as field trips and fund raising activities
- German Teacher at TIMBERLANE REGIONAL HIGHSCHOOL
- Freelance German Tutor at WYZANT
- Freelance Translator at TEXTNOLOGY
- Freelance Localization Consultant, Translator and German Tutor at WINTERWYMAN
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics - Dissertation
- Masters in Applied Linguistics - Acquisition of Superordinate and Subordinate Categories
Rebuilt and currently maintain a German program consisting of 5 levels, turning a half time and nearly extinct program in a small parochial school into a thriving program with 1.3 FTEs.
- German Teacher at Cathedral High School/John XXIII Middle School
- Exploratory German Language Teacher at Cathedral High School/John XXIII Middle School
31 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Education - Education
- BS - German Secondary Education
- BA - German Studies