I am a GIS Technician. That is my profession
- GIS Technician at GoMetro
- GIS Technician Intern at
1 year at this Job
- Associate - Engineering
San Diego, CA
ElectricCan you say perform quality assurance/check/validation on anything? Also, say geospatial somewhere. Did you ever audit anyone else's work?
GIS Technician November 2016 - Current
• Use geospatial tools to digitize engineering and one line drawings in GIS according to department standards.
• Analyze complex engineering drawings and design by location packets to collaborate with planners and foremen to resolve discrepancies.
• Preform quality assurance check on preliminary distribution job.
• Create and enhance schematic diagrams to department standards.
• Use DPSS, SAP and WLM to manage workflow and process jobs.
• Investigate"Analyze", "Evaluate", "Investigate"? functionality of ARC GIS software update and identify bugs and defects.
- GIS Technician at San Diego Gas & Electric
- GIS Technician at Osceola Consulting
- Planning and Environmental Compliance Intern at Inland Empire Utilities Agency
- Air Quality Engineer Intern at Gyant Compliance
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S - Environmental Engineering
South Houston, Texas 2017-2018
A Fortune 500 electric and natural gas utility serving markets in the states of Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas
Validated gas service lines to help prevent gas line ruptures and explosions from occurring and to update and improve the company's records of its gas lines. Used ArcMap, Google Maps and company Work Orders were the sources used to verify detailed status of the lines.
• Worked on a specific project to make sure that all records such as address location, line psi, pipe diameter, pipe material, and date of activation/deactivation/removal/repair are correct. Given an excel spreadsheet with a list of unique identifying numbers to the service lines to be validated. − "I located all work orders assigned to a line and verified that line's table of information was up to date with the most recent work orders."
- GIS Technician at Centerpointe Energy
- GIS Technician at City of League City
- Research Project Technician at Stephen F. Austin State University
- GIS Technician Intern at City of Longview
1 year at this Job
- B.A. in Geography - Geography
Joliet, IL April 2016 - Current
Land Surveyors specializing in topographic surveys and base mapping of transportation infrastructure
• GIS Technician responsible for creation of maps to support field crews in day to day projects using ESRI ArcMap, QGIS and Google Earth. 20 NGS class 2 vertical monuments installed from November 2016 to March 2017) and O'Hare Airport (40 vertical monuments currently being installed to NGS class 2 standards). Tasks included NGS document research, field reconnaissance and field leveling and map creation for field support in the initial project phase. Followed by spreadsheet analysis of raw data, geodatabase creation and the production of project report documents as part of the final project deliverable.
• Created databases for internal management of company's expansive project history to enable accessibility via interactive maps created using ArcMap and Google Earth. Databases encompass Cook County, currently 900 project locations, and Will County which will cover upwards of 1,500 locations.
• LIDAR mapping specialist responsible for primary field data acquisition of scan data using a Leica P-40 laser scanner. Completed digital extraction of topographic features from point cloud data for base mapping using Leica Cyclone software. Projects completed included an 8-mile corridor of I-355 from Butterfield Road to Army Trail Road which included mainline topography and detailed bridge surveys. A 3-mile corridor of I-294 from 79th Street to Plainfield Road as part of the I-294 reconstruction project. Several hundred street intersections throughout Chicagoland for ADA ramp installations. Roadway bridge surveys for IDOT and Illinois Tollway and railway bridge and crane surveys for BNSF, CTA and CN.
• When required assisted in drafting ADA surveys and property lot surveys as needed using Bentley Microstation. Researched historical land survey records and subdivision records from in-house and public sources. Provided estimates for project scheduling and cost associated with projects requiring LIDAR surveys. Assisted in field collection of data on property surveys, utility location and ADA ramps using Trimble GPS and Leica Total Station as necessary.
- GIS Technician at Claassen, White & Associates
- GIS Technician Intern at Village of Carol Stream, IL
- GIS Technician Intern - DeKalb Tree Database at Department of Geography, Northern Illinois University
- Independent Futures Trader at
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Geography, GIS
- Bachelor's - Economics, Sociology & Politics
I work as a GIS Technician for Waggoner Engineering in Jackson, MS. I perform various tasks that include creating and maintaining geodatabases; creating detailed and presentable maps of various data sets; digitizing the delineation of streams, rivers, lakes, and ponds for the NHD (National Hydrography Dataset) using LIDAR, hillshade, and satellite imagery; converting latitude/longitude files into shapefiles to be used by engineers for flood mapping and hydrology projects; performing QA/QC on all hydrography data to ensure correct and precise products. I have also been tasked with creating geodatabases including a database for all of the levees that are acknowledged by the US Army Corp of Engineers in the state of Mississippi.
- GIS Technician at Waggoner Engineering
- GIS/Utility Systems Feild Technician at Davey Resource Group
- Runner at Forman Watkins & Krutz LLP
- Cashier/Store Attendant at Value Mart Shell
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Geographic Information Systems
My principle goal as a GIS technician for CenterPoint was to improve the integrity of their gas facility records system. This involved validating gas main and service features in GIS after reviewing work orders and CAD drawings. Duties also included digitizing work orders by using ArcMap software, editing of gas and electric facilities, querying and map design. I played central role in completing the PRIME project for CenterPoint Energy.
- GIS Technician at CenterPoint Energy
- IT Technician at The Go2IT Group
- Dental Lab Technician at Charlie Buller III Family Dentistry
- Desktop Support Technician at Apex Systems
11 months at this Job
- Associate - Process Technology
- - Drafting and Design
- Associate - Computer Science
- - Fine Arts
- Diploma - College Prep
Oregon Real Estate License As a GIS technician I work primarily in checking the accuracy of legacy FAA Part 107 certified models using PLS CADD and to eliminate quality control issues in LiDAR point cloud data using MicroStation CADD software. EDUCATION
- GIS Technician at Quantum Spatial
- Commercial Team Intern at Quantum Spatial
- Volunteer at Columbia Slough Watershed Council
- at QSI
3 months at this Job
• Managed a global POI data set and all related tables (assisted by managed GIS Technician)
• Used DbVisualizer and PostgreSQL in order to query, edit, and pull data that falls within specified standard industrial classification (SIC) codes
• Scrubbed large data and debugs errors caused by corrupt or incorrectly formatted data
• Used UNIX commands to merge data into a geocoder and then into brands, categories, and partitioned tenants as needed
• Ran Python scripts to make various changes to tables depending on the needs of others within the company
- Senior GIS Technician at GroundTruth (previously xAd)
- Senior Blueprinter/Brand Intelligence Lead at GroundTruth (previously xAd)
- Blueprinter at xAd
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Applied Computer Science
My main role was as a project manager in charge of contracts worth over $1.2 million in total which consisted of on call surveyor and on call stone mason contracts, installation of new monitoring wells, renovation of historical property, and other smaller projects throughout the city. Another role was as GIS technician, where I handled all GIS related duties for the city including coordination with the surrounding municipalities as well as with state and federal agencies. I also acted a the city’s reservoir caretaker for the sole water source for the city by mainting the grounds and monitoring and recording flows to report to the state and ensure the city met its storage requirements. I also acted as a back-up water treatment plant operator. I used a SCADA system to control plant operations and collected samples to submit to my ORC for filing with the state. I was also on the distribution and collections crew to maintain and instal new areas to the collection and distribution systems. When new hires came into the city, I acted as CDL trainer to ensure they could obtain their class A or B CDL. Finally, I was in charge of the public mineral springs within the city. I was in charge of maintenance and state reporting and was the city’s liaison to the local advisory board. I was required to work on-call shifts as well as some nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Project Manager/GIS Technician at City Of Manitou Springs
- Storm water laborer at City Of Manitou Springs
- Stocker/Customer Service at Victoria's Secret
- Courtesy Clerk at Randalls Food Markets
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Anthropology
- High school
• Updating Land Cover data for Maryland Legislative District Mapping
• Assisting in the creation/maintenance of riverine flood modeling for the state of Maryland
• Data Analysis for Geo-Dashboard Development (Power BI)
• GIS Circuit Rider for the Mid-Shore Regional Council
- GIS Technician at Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative
- Graduate Assistant at Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative
- Student Intern at Eastern Shore Regional GIS Cooperative
- Ocean Rescue Technician at Rehoboth Beach Patrol
4 months at this Job
- Master's Degree of Science in GIS Management - GIS Management
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science - Earth Science