• Accurately classify revenue and expenses to appropriate grants.
• Create funders, grant codes, and grant budget lines in financial software.
• Records revenue and receivables to general ledger.
• Prepare custom grant reports in both NetSuite and Excel.
• Analysis and reporting of grant expenditures.
• Work with multiple foreign currencies and foreign exchange rate conversions.
- Grant Accountant at Water for People
- Budget & Operations Manager, University of Denver The Bridge Project at
- Accounting Assistant at Franklin D. Azar & Associates, P.C
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Management - Music Industry Studies
- Associate of Applied Science in Telecommunications - Telecommunications
* In charge of monthly close procedures for the reimbursable grants including; analysis of variances between budget and actual expenses. * Communicates and meets with program managers and directors to ensure that project expenses are consistent with the progress and to assist them in spending down their funds by helping them with future forecasts, spenddown plans for their grants, and interpreting monthly financial information. * Continually improving processes for efficiency - created spreadsheet with formulas to automatically complete the monthly grant revenue quickly. * In depth knowledge of financial operations, law terminology, state regulations and operating policies * Ability to design, analyze, monitor, and prepare financial reports for various requests. * Remarkable ability to research, interpret, and apply contract language * Superior computer skills to include: electronic grant submission, Microsoft Dynamics AX, and Microsoft Office-Excel, Word, & PowerPoint. * Ability to work independently, under supervision, and as part of a team. * Excellent interpersonal skills, trustworthy individual with strong ethics and integrity. * Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports for presentation. * Supports the Department supervisor with duties necessary to maintain efficiency. * Reviewed general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy and completed journal entries. * Train, assist, and review the work of current and new employees in various areas such as accounts payable, grant submissions, spenddown, forecasting, interpreting monthly financial information, analyzing trends and ensuring that data is accurate.
- Grant Accountant at Emergence Health Network
- Accountant Associate Tax at El Paso Electric Company
- Audit Staff at White + Samaniego + Campbell, LLP
- Audit Intern at Lauterbach, Borschow & Company
2 years at this Job
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
• Prepare, analyze and review budgets of local, state, federal grants, and private funding.
• Monitor grant financial expenditures for compliance with grant contracts.
• Research, record, and compile documentation for state, federal and foundation grant financial and compliance reporting and reimbursements.
• Administer internal audits.
• Provide support and assistance to staff and external organization auditors and grant compliance and monitoring auditors.
• Prepare and review budget, forecast revenue, expenses, payroll entries, invoices and other accounting documents.
• Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Submit journal entries for indirect costs, payroll reclassifications, expenditure reclassifications and yearend payroll and expense accruals.
• Reconciliation of credit card purchases including monitoring of receipts, sales tax, and submitting journal entries for corresponding expense.
• Review and approve online accounts payable invoices.
• Payroll expense entries.
• Reconcile employee payroll deductions and employer insurances to benefit provider invoices.
• Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
• Monitor and review accounting and related systems reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Manage and explain allowable expenses and accounting policies to staff and vendors.
• Special Projects such as producing a Knowledge Notebook Library which documents all functions, reports, and systems used by the Fiscal department; Participate in system integration of new payroll software; Participate in system integration of new accounting software; Create forms in Adobe.
- Grant Accountant at Haven for Hope
- Credit Receivables Accounting Supervisor at H.E.B. Grocery Company
- Bank Operations Accountant I at
- Credit Receivables Associate Accountant at Gift Card
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master Degree in Management - Management
- Bachelor Degree - Accounting
• Monitors the budget and financial obligations of assigned grant awards; assures adherence to line item allowances
• Communicates budget recaps and necessary spending limitations to program leadership; evaluates fiscal trends and provides analysis to leadership to assist with goal planning
• Completes and submits financial reports to awarding entities within deadlines; partners with leadership/other grant administration staff as necessary to collect applicable information
• Shares notices or other updates with grant leadership to ensure effective administration of program
• Participates in grant administration meetings as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
- Grant Accountant at Capacity Builders, Inc
- Business Manager at NRE Field Services
- CFO at
- Staff Accountant at Dura Bilt Products, Inc & Justice Systems
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Accountancy - Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Management and Marketing
SUPERVISOR: JEHAN DALLO
• Prepare and reviews monthly billings and expenditures to several grants
• Reviews and reports on actual performance compared to budget monthly
• Communicates deadlines and receiving billing documents for monthly contracts and grant accounting activity to ensure compliance with agency monthly and annual closing schedule
• Ensure accurate billings of all reimbursable contracts and proper recognition of revenue
• Ensure proper and accurate recognition of revenue for advanced grants and reconciliation of all deferred revenue accounts and restricted revenues
• Maintains and reconciles all aged accounts receivable listings and directs collection efforts
• Reconcile other general ledger accounts as assigned
• Stay current on any new contracts and grants and internal and external monitoring reports that impact the grants financially
• Maintain and reconcile the Schedule of Federal Expenditure for the agency.
• Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures to ensure grant reimbursements are correct
• Prepare federal and state grant reimbursement requests for submittal
- GRANT ACCOUNTANT at (YWCA) EL PASO DEL NORTE
- Accounts Payable Clerk at (YWCA) EL PASO DEL NORTE
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at IT'S TIME CREDIT REPAIR
- STORE MANAGER at COTTONWOOD FINANCIAL
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- - Psychology
- - Forensic Science
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
* Filed monthly grant reports * Sales & use tax filing for the state of FL * Accounts receivable * Accounts payable
- Grant Accountant at Andrews Research & Education Foundation
- at SEI Group
- Sales Tax Accountant at Guy Brown Management LLC
- Accountant/Office Manager at IBIS Communications
2 months at this Job
- - Accounting
- - Accounting
Main goal is to track and report all federal, state, and private funds, awarded to the University. Work extensively with federal agencies and sponsors to ensure compliance with financial reporting regulations. Help faculty members with questions pertaining to their grant awards. Utilize many different software programs, notably Microsoft Excel, in order to maintain accurate records.
- Grant Accountant at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- TAX ASSOCIATE at H&R BLOCK
- ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - TEMPORARY at MEGA CO-OP, INC
- POST CLOSE LOAN PROCESSOR at CITIZENS COMMUNITY FEDERAL BANK
10 months at this Job
- B.A. - ACCOUNTING
- B.S. - ANIMAL SCIENCE
• Manages the recording, maintenance and reporting of agency awarded federal, state and locally funded grants by producing accurate and timely quarterly, semi- annual and annual financial reports.
• Evaluates grants and communicates findings to program people, budget and revenue staff.
• Adheres to state fiscal guidelines, changes in federal regulations and grant requirements; implements federal and state administrative accounting policies and procedures in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Monitors and analyzes all monthly grant expenditures, program budget projections and progress made to fulfill all program cost sharing commitments.
• Work with revenue department to draw allocated federal funds to agree with expenditures reported, but not to exceed grant award.
• Responds to inquiries for solutions to difficult accounting problems or for information or interpretation from third parties such as banks, auditors, vendors and governmental entities.
• Performs grant closeout functions including reviewing general ledger transactions to ensure accuracy, preparing journal entries, and preparing final financial reports.
- Grant Accountant III at Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS)
- Grant Accountant at Happy Faces Personnel Group
- Income Tax Advisor at H & R Block Inc
- Bookkeeper at Network Agency
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration - Accounting and Business Administration
*submitted monthly invoices to various funding sources *entered AP invoices, ensuring proper account coding for billing *Reorganized finance filing system for maximum efficiency *introduced Lean Six Sigma efficiency practices into the YWCA finance department. *wrote SOPs for pivot table/ vlookup use in invoicing on excel
- Grant Accountant at YWCA of Greater Los Angeles
- AP Specialist at Alphagaurdian (Canon Safe)
- Accountant/ Project Manager of Finance at la county registrar recorder
- Grant Accountant at Homes for Life Foundation
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Accounting
• Collect, analyze, measure, record, classify and report all grant and foundation financial transactions that affect Company entities according to established accounting principles, theories, concepts and practices.
• Assist with the coordinating and reviewing of accounting operational activities to ensure that work is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all general ledgers balance to the appropriate subsidiary ledgers, and investigate and immediately correct any discrepancies.
• Ensure that the Trail Balance is always in balance for assigned entities and cost center. Identify and immediately correct any out-of-balance condition.
• Provide guidance, assistance and support to staff members and internal/external auditors prior to, during, and after completion of the interim and year-end auditors.
• Assist the accounting director in the development and implementation of internal control policies
- Grant Accountant III at Palmetto Health
- Senior Financial Auditor IV at SC Department of Employment & Workforce
- General Ledger Accountant Manager (contract) at Claflin University
- General Ledger Accountant III (contract) at Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC
11 months at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration - accounting