Lead Accountant on federal audit schedule, compliance review and communicated the results to the Leadership Board
• Set up and maintain account structure, budgets, and expenditure reports for the Department of Labor grants for all 16 Wisconsin Technical Colleges.
• Meet with Grant Supervisors from each of the 16 colleges to ensure grant compliance.
• Supervise staff assignments to grants and notify the Human Resource Department of staff workloads and encumbrance allocations.
• Provide work direction to Grants Accounting Assistant.
• Interpret complex federal grant requirements and communicate with Federal Project Officers, Grant Supervisors, and Auditors to explain and instruct about grant compliance.
• Conduct research, compile data, and prepare financial reports for consideration and presentation by executives, committees and boards of directors.
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Grant Accountant at CHIPPEWA VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE
- Business Accountant at BUZZ'S BAR AND GRILL
- Accounting Intern at WIPFI, LLP
- Dental Hygienist, July at MIDWEST DENTAL
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
- Associate of Science - Dental Hygiene
• Responsible for the Department of Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation (CDNC) $1.5 million general fund, providing monthly forecasts, adjusting entries, and reconciliation reports; collaborating with staff to develop annual department budget proposals for Board of Supervisors, and working with senior management to meet annual action plan goals
• Served as lead grant accountant for the CDNC Outside Agency program allocating $3.3 million to nonprofits who provide services to Youth and Families, Senior Support, Emergency Food and Clothing, Shelter and Housing, and other General Community Services, ensuring funds spent within contract budgets and scopes as well as County policies, attending Community Advisory Committee meetings, agency monitoring visits, and creating requested audit reports, financial analyses and models as requested
• Served as lead financial grants manager for $550,000 US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Continuum of Care (CoC) grant by reviewing subrecipient invoices for compliance with federal regulations including Title 2 and Title 24, drawing federal funds using HUD Integrated Disbursement & Information System (IDIS), completing monthly forecasts, adjusting entries, and reconciliation reports, and submitting financial portion of the Annual Performance Report (APR) into HUD e-snaps data collection portal
• Supported Pima Vocational High School Administration by providing general ledger accounting, forecasting, budgeting, monthly reconciliations, compliance reviews under federal regulations including Title 2 and Title 34 and audit preparation for funding from the County General Fund, the State of Arizona Department of Education's Equalization Formula Funding, Classroom Site Funding, and Instructional Improvement Funding, as well as grant funding originating from the U.S. Department of Education's Title I, Title II and Title III funding sources totaling $1.5 million
• Completed modified accrual general ledger transactions for all areas of responsibility using the AMS Advantage manual accounting system, generated ad-hoc reports from InfoAdvantage, and planning and budgeting within integrated system
• Completed grant subrecipient risk assessments and compile report data for County's annual Schedule of Expenditure of Federal Awards (SEFA) report submission for areas of responsibility
• Participated in Grants Management Division policies and procedure revisions, monthly Thompson's webinars on topics relating to federal grant regulations, data analysis and research for grant applications, including Pay-For-Success modeled projects, and other tasks as assigned
- Grant Accountant & Compliance Specialist at Pima County Finance
- Director of Business Operations at
- Program Coordinator, Selective at University of Arizona College of Medicine
- Maricopa County Business Manager at Teen Outreach Pregnancy Services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Associate - Business Administration for Transfer
Grant Accountant II serving as a financial liaison between state Transportation Cabinet offices, the Metro Director of Transportation under Public Works and the Mayor’s Office, Metro Project Managers, and other people / entities. In charge of all federally and state funded road and other projects that pass through the state Transportation Cabinet. In addition, the role became responsible for all non-Transportation Cabinet Parks and Public Works grant awards as of winter 2018. Maintained an average of 70 capital accounts for projects with budgets totaling over $80 million, coordinated reimbursements averaging $20 million per year, and attended budget meetings and project management meetings within Metro and at state offices. Brought billing up to date for all Transportation Cabinet projects with active MOAs within a year of starting position. Reconciled and organized all accounts, worked with project managers and stakeholders to assure proper management of funds, purchasing capabilities, and applicable reporting requirements. Responded to audit inquiries for single audit and from funding sources. Assisted in annual preparation of SEFA. Completed a number of special projects.
- Grant Accountant II at Louisville Metro Government
- Staff Accountant at Robert Half Finance & Accounting
- Staff Accountant at Carr, Gouveia + Associates
- Vacation Rental Marketing and Management at JIT Vacation Rentals
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's with Honors - English
- Bachelor's with Honors - Finance
- Graduate Certificate - Professional Accounting
Responsible for all monthly invoicing of federal and non-federal grants. Responsible for maintaining communication with all funders regarding invoicing. Responsible for end of year (contract period) reconciliations and financial reporting. Responsible for reconciliation and posting of grant account receivables to general ledger. Input of cash receipts and reconciliation with cash logs. Reconciliation of emergency assistance bank accounts. Responsible for full processing of Accounts Payable. Other duties as assigned
- Grant Accountant at Crescent Care
- Payroll Specialist at Crescent Care
- Tax Preparer at Fast Tax
- Teller I/II/III at Metairie Bank
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Accounting
Responsible for managing and maintaining financial records of State, Federal and Institutional grants and reported to the Executive Director for Early Childhood Resource Center. A subsidiary
organization in Canton, Ohio
• Ensured spending levels were consistent with the work plan and donor requirements.
• Lead on timely submission of invoices and reports to donors and grantors.
• Improved cost recovery by creating effective grant management system.
• Reviewed month end financial information and performed adjusting entries.
• Provided Reconciliation of donor reports to the General ledger.
• Trained new staff on grant management.
- Grant Accountant at Sisters of Charity Health System
- Senior Accounting and Compliance Officer at War Child Canada
- Accountant at Contact Intercultural of Sudbury
- Staff Accountant at Laberge Venne & Partners Professional Corp
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor Degree - Accounting
• Responsible for the financial analysis of 128 Activities:recording, and reconciliation of 128 Activities: Nemours Biomedical Research (Federal and non-Federal grants/subcontracts, Nemours-sponsored grants, Clinical Trials, Symposiums, Registries, Labs & Development accounts), Other grants (non-Research)—Federal and non-Federal
• Responsible for that such activities are properly stated in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as ensuring compliance with Federal regulatory agencies: Federal Office of Management and Budget, National Health Institutes; or other contractual or fiduciary requirements.
• Responsible for monthly general ledger close, monthly account reconciliations, and submission of required external reporting, if required.
• Responsible for outstanding grant receivables and deferred revenue to ensure amounts are collectible and revenue is properly stated.
• Software: Smart Office Enrich Client (Lawson)
- Grant Accountant at Nemours
- Staff Accountant at Triad Financial Services
- Staff Accountant at City Wide Maintenance of Jacksonville
- Accounting Clerk at Scott Mcrae Automotive Group
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Forensics Accounting
- Bachelor's - Accounting
- High School Diploma
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgets and modifications in HHS Accelerator for agency government contracts
• Discovers answers to proposed audit findings and communicates them to auditors at exit conferences for vendors such as The Department of Youth & Community Development
• Prepares equipment and contractor schedules for upcoming audits
• Analyzes, enters, and posts journal vouchers into Abila MIP for expense transfers, budgets, budget adjustments, payroll, and account code correction
• Provides analysis for upcoming audits to properly advise Senior Accountant and Controller
• Works closely with other team members under the supervision of the Contract Manager to properly manage contract spending and documentation
• Produces detailed account reconciliations to keep track of budget expenditure
• Responds to inquiries from funding agencies such as The Department of Probation
• Prepares monthly billing and expenditure reports for overall budget of $100 million to different vendors such as Department of Education, Department of Youth & Community Development, and Department of Probation
• Ensuring effectiveness and accuracy of claim submission and processing for timely payment
• Prepares payroll register and invoice documentation for upcoming audits
• Provides detailed analysis of journal entries to Accounts Payable, Senior Accountant and Controller
• Prepares utility billing for agency owned property
• Attends audit meetings and conference calls to provide answers to findings for funders such as The Department of Education and The Department of Youth & Community Development
- Grant Accountant at Good Shepherd Services
- Temporary Staff Accountant at Convene
- Temporary Tax Processor at KPMG
- Income Tax Preparer at Food Bank for NYC
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
· Responsible for general accounting operations for multiple federal grants. · Reconcile accounts, journal entries and assist with budget preparation. · Reviews financial transactions on sponsored programs to ensure that the transaction occurs within the grant year. · Prepares monthly statements and invoices to the each contractor on a timely basis.
- Grant Accountant at United Way of Central Alabama
- OFFICE MANAGER FOR TRIO'S UPWARD BOUND & MCNAIR SCHOLARS at University of Alabama at Birmingham
- STAFF ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (CONTRACTOR) at PangeaTwo
- STAFF ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT at Southern Company
4 months at this Job
- MASTER OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - Select Coursework
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Coordinate the grant billing, budget process, cash management and grant funding functions.
• Manage, prepare and submit: AHCF-1 Cost Report into HCS software. DOJ expense reports and Draw Down vouchers. DYCD expense reports, upload expenditures into HHS Accelerator. NYYSHP quarterly expenditures and voucher.
• Coordinate the preparation of budgets for new grant proposals and renewals. Implement financial requirements for each.
• Ensure financial compliance with terms of grant agreements and contract budgets.
• Monitor allowed budget spending, prepare and submit BMOD's to request line item allocations and/or budget increase.
• Prepare projections and report performance results to senior management.
- Grant Accountant at Covenant House
- Contract Accountant at The Bridge, Inc. and Weston United Community Renewal, Inc
- Full Charge Bookkeeper at Accountemps
- Full Charge Bookkeeper at Municipal Art Society of New York
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Accounting - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting - Accounting
• Responsible for tracking and managing 100 grants, which total over $26 million in funding
• Complete new award reviews, monthly reconciling, project management, and closeouts
• Create and distribute quarterly financial reports to faculty and staff
• Develop and administer departmental trainings related to Excel and financial reporting
• Conduct meetings with faculty and departmental staff on a monthly basis
• Responsible for reviewing and interpreting federal and state agency requirements related to the allowability and allocability of grant spending
• Serve as a departmental liaison to the following offices: Sponsored Research Programs, Budget, Payroll, Human Resources, Procurement, and Accounting Services
• Serve on the hiring committee for new hires within the department
- Grant Accountant at North Carolina State University
- Accounting Technician at
- PCI Program Coordinator at Arizona State University
- Accounting Specialist at
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Education - (M.Ed.), Higher and Post-Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Arts - (B.A.), Psychology