State of Illinois, Springfield, IL Responsible for management of Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention Federal and State Grants. Provide direction and technical assistance to the public and private agencies under contract with DCFS. GRANT ADMINISTRATOR, DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES (DCFS) (January 2019 to Present) ♦ Negotiate grant contracts with service providers; coordinate and manages completion of functions and activities mandated by federal rules, regulations and Grant Accountability Transparency Act for compliance. ♦ Design and Coordinate short and long-term funding plans with state and local agencies. ♦ Develop, coordinate and manage across planning, development, implementation and review of federal and state funded grant programs.
- GRANT ADMINISTRATOR at State of Illinois
- FISCAL OPERATIONS/REPORTING MANAGER at State of Illinois Human Capital Development
- MEDICAL ASSISTANCE CONSULTANT at ILLINOIS MEDICAID
- BUSINESS & TRAINING CONSULTANT at IES Software
7 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Human Resource Management - Human Resource Management
- Master of Science - Adult Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
August 23, 2007 until June 15, 2016
• Executive Director of the organization overseeing the administrative duties of the entire organization, Supervise 4-10 contractual employees within the organization, Inc. Interact with City Officials within the Mayor's Office and City Counsel.
• Grant Administrator for several grants that total over $350,000 estimated. Responsible for the monthly Contractual Expenditure Report-CER and Budget Financial Reports submitted to OMHHD and the Comptroller's Office. Interacts with outside CEO's and Presidents of Regional and National Non-Profit agencies.
• Contracted as the Director of Community Planning through a Health Grant from the Office Of Minority Health. Prepare Power point presentations, Ad-hoc reports, progress reports to state and local granting officials, and facilitate training. Authorized to sign contracts.
- Executive Director/Grant Administrator at Self Employed
- EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT at WHITE HOUSE OFFICE OF NATIONAL DRUG CONTROL POLICY
- Office of Supply Reduction at WHITE HOUSE OFFICE OF NATIONAL DRUG CONTROL POLICY
- EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT at WHITE HOUSE OFFICE OF NATIONAL DRUG CONTROL POLICY
8 years, 10 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Divinity
- Bachelors - Theology and Church Government
- Associate - Merchandising, Communication, Economics & Business Administration
- Diploma - Area of General Business Studies
- Certificate - Academic and Economics
As a contract Grant Administrator, I serve to provide Grant Management Administrative Services for the Department of Commerce, Bipartisan Act of 2018 Disaster Relief Program. In this role, I am directly responsible for reviewing and enforcing the compliance of various types of grant and award programs under the Office of Acquisition and Grants Organization (AGO). My duties include performing pre and post award actions such as reviewing financial status reports, generating and reviewing of performance progress reports, closing out documents, participating in site visits to verify compliance with the terms and conditions of the program. I am also responsible for performing other post award actions such as processing amendments to the awards, reviewing fund requests, administering equipment disposal instructions, enforcing compliance regulations as well as reviewing of asset transfers, mergers, and other types of acquisitions. I also conduct weekly status meetings as part of the enhance oversight with NOAA Line Offices Program and other project managers, grantees, and executive stakeholders under this program. Accomplishments: I lead a DRA Team who has awarded $141,724, 332 million dollars to areas affected by hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria from 2017.
- Team Leader/Grant Administrator at Veterans Management Services, Inc
- Program Manager /Grants Management Specialist at Veterans Management Services, Inc
- Grant Administrator at Panum Telecom, LLC
- Senior Grants Management Specialist at Suh'Dutsing Technologies, LLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Divinity Theology - Divinity Theology
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Management Concepts Incorporated
• Continue to manage the Nonprofit Infrastructure Capital Investment Program (NICIP) while continuing to process TAD, CCAP, CAP, SAM, EDCP, EDAP, RED, SIP, and EDP grants concurrently.
• Work directly with the State Education Department to help SED determine what project costs are bondable and a capital work for purpose for their Library Development Grant program.
• Solely developed and voiced-over presentations that are on DASNY's Grantee Portal to assist grantee's with filling out documentation.
• Routinely develop presentations and trainings for the Grants Administration Unit and present them at Unit meetings.
• Train, supervise and approve the timesheets for Grant Program Assistants.
• Prequalification Specialist for NYS through the Grants Gateway System.
• Review and approve Grant Program Assistant's files as they go through the grant process.
• Conduct diligence reviews on all of DASNY's grantees via numerous databases - Department of Labor, Office of the State Comptroller, ERI, Federal Block List, and through other approved VRQ websites.
- Grant Administrator at Dormitory Authority of the State of NY
- Grant Program Assistant at Dormitory Authority of the State of NY
- Program Assistant at NYS Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement (Accustaff)
- Customer Service Representative at LePage's Market
2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Economic Crime and Fraud Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - Psychology
• Oversee Citrus County Transit grants of approximately $2.5 million and ensure compliance with granting agencies, county policies and procedures
• Keep supervisor informed of current status of revenues and expenditures and any other funding opportunities
• Establish working relationships with office staff and other county departments and agencies
• Assist office staff with streamlining processes and procedures
• Address Transportation Disadvantaged Coordinating Board on various issues
• Act as back up Transportation Disadvantaged Board Secretary
• Ensure all required manuals and procedures are up to date and in compliance with State rules and
• Reconcile all grant funds monthly and annually
• Prepare Board of County Commissioners Agenda items for approval of new grants and contracts
• Monitored Transit Building Construction to ensure compliance
• Participate in management meetings and decisions
• Worked extensively with RMLO to move from paper records to electronic records
- Grant Administrator at Citrus County BOCC, Citrus County Transit
- Accounts Receivable Clerk at Southeast Milk, Inc
- Senior Accountant/Accounts Receivable Supervisor, Citrus County Clerk at Courts
- Owner at The Wallpaper Lady
6 years at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- Certified Public Manager
- A.S. - Accounting/Business Administration
Strategic planning of grant funding, resulting in distribution of more than $250,000 to fund childhood diseases Development of review articles for medical journals summarizing the state of contemporary medicine
Strategic planning of grant funding, resulting in distribution of more than $250,000 to fund childhood diseases
Development of review articles for medical journals summarizing the state of contemporary medicine
- Grant Administrator at Self-Exmployed
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurological Surgery at Northwestern University
- Project management at University of Chicago Medicine
- Graduate Research Associate, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at University of Illinois-Chicago
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Oral Science
- Masters of Science - Biomolecular Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Assist with management of the Grants Management Certification Program
● Develop primary working relationships with internal staff, HSN, and external administrators
● Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures
● Work with CM's, Senior Administrative Manager of Research, and Research Management on closeout grants/contracts at the end of award period
● Assist with the preparation of research proposals, awards and transactions related to grant/contact management
● Work with OSPAN to solve problems, answer questions and gives guidance on post-award activities and other grant management topics on a daily basis
● Maintain and update donor data base, prepare monthly reports, schedule site visits also screen and make donor calls.
● Prepare and track proposals
- GRANT ADMINISTRATOR at Family Promise of Greater Orlando
- Licensing Support Coordinator at One Hope United
- Tutor/Mentor at AmeriCorps
2 years at this Job
- Proposal Writing Certification
- Bachelors of Social Work - Social Work
Responsibilities Answering phones, communicating with my supervisors about needs for the after school programs, making invoices and requisitions. Communicating with grant contract writers that are not located locally. Filing, keeping track of expenses, filling out a monthly expense report, keeping track of grant expenditures and making sure that they are documented/subtracted from the correct account/sub account. Working together as a team member and being willing to go above and beyond the job description. Accomplishments I have implemented a check off sheet for the process of our contracts from beginning to end. I have helped my department obtain 3 additional, smaller grants, in addition to our main grant. Skills Used Team work, self motivation, basic computer skills, filing, research, organization, prioritizing, communication, phone skills.
- Grant Administrator at World Vision Inc.
- Shift Supervisor/Pharmacy Technician at CVS Health Retail
- Athletic Secretary at North Vermillion Jr. Sr. High School
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Sullivan County Community Hospital- Labor & Delivery
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School-General diploma
- 3 years of nursing/medical but no degree/obtained my EMT-B
• Cut annual expenditures by over 25% through budget analysis and direct vender negotiations
• Increased student clients by 67% from 2015-2017 via new outreach campaigns
• Created and maintain systems for office efficiency and effectiveness
• Created data collection and analysis instruments for reporting to funders of our grant
• Hired, trained, and manage team of 20+ employees in various consulting and administrative roles
• Perform all payroll and HR duties for the grant
- Grant Administrator at Cal State University Dominguez Hills
- Owner, Trainer, Nutrition Specialist at Life Symmetry Fitness
- Trainer, Studio Manager, Nutrition Specialist at F45 Training
- Client Coordinator at Clear View Residential Treatment Center
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.A. in Psychology - Psychology
Develop, implement and evaluate funding plans with respect to business plans and strategies of organization Manage documentation and create budgets across clients Disseminate timely information on funding opportunities to grantees and coordinate proposal planning process Identify potential grant sources which have proven track record and legal registration Develop project deadlines for multiple projects/conferences
Develop, implement and evaluate funding plans with respect to business plans and strategies of organization
Manage documentation and create budgets across clients
Disseminate timely information on funding opportunities to grantees and coordinate proposal planning process
Identify potential grant sources which have proven track record and legal registration
Develop project deadlines for multiple projects/conferences
- Grant Writer/Grant Administrator at Association Management Center
- Lead Claims Assistant at Bankers Life and Casualty
- Compliance Analyst at Avant Credit
- Office Assistant at University of Illinois
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelors of Liberal Arts in English - Communications