SOMALI AMERICAN COMMUNITY CENTER COLORADO
• Denver, Colorado (May 2018 – present) Grant Writer
• Write grant applications for state and federal proposals. Received over $120,000 in funding.
• Research new grant opportunities and establish and develop funder relationships.
• Create questionnaires and devise strategic development for programs and funding.
- Grant Writer at SOMALI AMERICAN COMMUNITY
- Multimedia Journalist at COLORADO PRESS ASSOCIATION
- Managing Editor at ARAPAHOE PINNACLE
- Operations Manager at UNITED NATION - Department of Peacekeeping
8 months at this Job
- A.A.S in Contemporary Journalism - Contemporary Journalism
- B.A. - Political Science
- Certificate in Business French
- - Austrian Army
Kenté Cultural Center New London Public Schools CarMax Marietta City Schools State of Connecticut Youth Coordinator/Grant Writer Parent Leadership Coordinator Interim Director Substitute Teacher Customer Service Representative Substitute Teacher Administrative Assistant
- Youth Coordinator/Grant Writer at The Drop-In Learning Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Christian Education
- MA - African Studies
- BA - Liberal Studies
- AS - Business Administration
Denver, CO 2018 to Present Non-profit serving over 2,500 students each year working to resolve student dropout issues in Colorado since 2005. Grant Writer: Managing grant-writing projects for the organization. Two grants were recently funded, one in excess of original amount by 25%.
- Grant Writer at Colorado Youth for a Change
- Business & Operations Manager (contractor) at Boulder Rotary Club
- Project Manager (contractor) at Trane/Ingersoll Rand
- Sales, and Programs Management Contractor at Fundraising
1 year at this Job
- Certification - Business Management
- - Health Education
- Associate - History, Literature
• Teaching various levels of English Language Arts, including a focus on writing and revisions.
• Working as a mentor teacher for teachers on staff and student teacher.
• Grant writer where I have used all Microsoft products including Word, Excel and in-depth data analysis including the use of Google Analytics.
• Teacher of Distinction
• English Department Chair
• Academic Coach
• Digital Communications/ Website Master
- Grant writer at Lehigh Acres Middle School
- Mentor teacher at Lehigh Senior High School
- Yearbook and newspaper advisor at Gateway Charter High School
- Journalist at Pennsylvania's Golden Quill and Keystone Press Awards
4 years at this Job
- Masters - English
- - Spanish
- Bachelor's of Arts - Education, French and Communications
Grant Writer/Researcher for Lone Star College System – Temp
• Researched for funding opportunities.
• Identified over 80 new funding sources.
• Worked on Trio Upward Bound Grant from the Department of Education.
• Created plan for partnership between the University’s Fire Science department, local fire departments and Bank of America for the creation of a Volunteer fire department for College Credit, system wide.
- Grant Writer/Researcher at Staff Solve
- District Crew Leader at United States Census Bureau
- Assistant Development Director at Discovery Eye Foundation
- Accounts Payable/P.O. and W.O. Officer/Reception at Held Properties, Inc.
7 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion - Hypnotherapy
- Certificate of Completion - Grantwriting
- Certificate of completion - Screenwriting
- Certificate of Completion - Comedy and Improv
• Develop Proposals
• Oversee organization's goals and financial needs.
• Research potential funding sources
• Data Mining
• Grant Writer
• Donor Communication
• Special Events
- Development Officer - Grant Writer at Girl Scouts
- Education & Event Coordinator at Quad Cities Food Hub
- Marketing Coordinator & Investor Relations at Relocation Reps - RentPro Team LLC
- Editorial Manager at
at this Job
- High School Diploma
· Lead grant writer on government, foundation, and corporate grant proposals, securing more than $4M in funds for housing, mental health, and supportive service programs serving youth. · Proposals maintained with strict compliance to grant guidelines while meeting all deadlines. · Identifies new funding sources to support new and existing agency programs and operations. · Collaborates with program and administrative staff on programs, budgets, and outcomes. · Prepares and implements strategies for process improvement for the Community Resources Team. · Manages agency Memorandum of Understanding project.
- Grant Writer at Bill Wilson Center
- Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Program Manager at State of Utah
- Victim Assistance Coordinator at Cottonwood Heights Police Department
- Regional Supervisor at Covenant Employment Services, Inc
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Science - Social Work
- Associates of Science - Management Development
Provide grant writer services with an 80% acceptance rate to acquire state funds which improve rural emergency health services in Oklahoma.
- Grant Writer at ROGERS EMS CONSULTING
- Senior Staff Writer at XILINX
- Senior Manager at
12 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Information Technology
- Associate of Science in Programming
- Associate of Technical Writing - Technical Writing
Highly effective grant writer with the ability to develop clear, succinct proposals in a variety of nonprofit sectors.
• Experience with federal, state, foundation, corporate and sponsorship proposals
• Secured grants in excess of $14 million
• Secured tax credits through the PA Neighborhood Assistance Program, Special Program Priorities
• Ability to turn innovative programs into mission-driven proposals that speak to the heart while focusing on outcomes
- Grant Writer/Consultant at Joan B. Marcus Communications LLC
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Journalism and Political Science
Director of Agricultural and Environmental Affairs --Remote position for start-up company
• Director of Government Affairs: Acts as the liaison between the company and government agencies for the procurement of grant money. Program Manager.
• Grant Writer: Strategic prospecting and comprehensive grant writing and helping the company reach its fundraising goals. Finding alternative funding opportunities. Grants: SBIR, STTR, NIFA, USDA, AFRI -- for university research as well as small business start-up. Environmental/Agricultural Consultant: Consults with the company and with stakeholders on issues related to sustainability, agriculture and the environment. Subject Matter Expert. Policy Advisor.
- Grant Manager / Grant Writer at TABAG GROUP LLC
- Self-employed Mediator by appointment only at Peaceful Solutions
- Executive Office of Immigration Review at Peaceful Solutions
- Contract Legal Staff at Peaceful Solutions
1 year at this Job
- J.D. - Environmental Law Certification
- L.L.M. - Agriculture & Food Law Program
- Master's - Professional Counseling
- Bachelor's - Psychology