Using SAP, Oracle, and MS applications, prepared monthly expense reports for investigators receiving Federal and private research grants. Prepared adjusting and cost-transfer journal entries and supporting documentation in compliance with OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, A-122, and university policies. Worked with investigators and research teams to assure compliance with grant and contract terms of award. Assisted with preparation of annual progress reports in compliance with grant and contract sponsor guidelines (i.e. RPPR in NIH Commons). Worked with HR department to prepare key personnel effort reports and payroll distribution. Prepared annual progress reports in ERA Commons. Assisted Post Award Grant Manager in auditing of $35M departmental portfolio and updating budget projections for upcoming fiscal year.
- Grants Coordinator at University of Pennsylvania-Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute
- Treasurer/Office Coordinator (volunteer) at Tau Epsilon Phi National Fraternity
- Grants Manager at University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine
- Business Administrator at University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Supplmental Coursework - Financial Accounting
- Masters of Education - Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - Mathematics
• Prepared grant proposals and applications; researched and responded to grant opportunities.
• Identified funding opportunities to match the organization's vision and funding strategy.
• Conducted general research on juvenile justice and nonprofit organizational topics.
• Developed and maintained grants database to track submitted, pending and on-going proposals.
• Drafted other written materials, e.g., press releases and business correspondence.
- Grants Coordinator at Young New Yorkers
- Coordinator for Curriculum (Office of the Provost) at The New School
- Academic Project Coordinator (Office of the Dean) at The New School
- Project Assistant at Mannes College The New School For Music
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Psychology
Responsible for processing all aspect of grants submission and the management of all approved awards. Reconciled all accounts, prepared budgets, made journal entries, and analyzed monthly financial reports. Reviewed all purchase orders for accuracy, tracked payments to vendors, and processed invoices and travel reimbursements.
• Prepared and received approval for grants in excess of $8.5M.
• Submitted 100 grants annually (NIH, Federal, Corporations, Foundations, Universities, Private Associations) with an approval rate of 98% utilizing the PennERA system.
• Prepared multi-year budgets for each grant, with grant average budget at $500,000.
• Produced subcontract consortium agreements with other research institutions as required.
• Mentored and trained principal investigators to effectively manage awarded grants as required.
• Monitored in excess of $5M in grant funding for principal investigators.
• Assisted in account close-outs in conjunction with the Office of Research Service, sponsoring agencies and principal investigators.
- Grants Coordinator at UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
- at UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
- Financial Coordinator at UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA
18 years at this Job
Budgeting, proposal development and Contracting ◦ Preparation of financial proposals ◦ Ensure full cost recovery Thematic/Non Thematic cost in each proposal. ◦ Match budget figures with narrative proposals and respective log frame. ◦ Posting of all proposals, grant agreements, budgets and amendments on the AMS ◦ Circulation of approved grant agreements to appropriate staff, field offices ◦ Review of grant agreements to ensure that the terms and conditions are acceptable and practical ◦ Prepare and analyze BVAs , of monthly grant Issue Report, Salary Coverage, Award information sheet for budget holders, key management personnel's and concerned stakeholders Preparation of donor financial report ◦ Ensure completeness of expenses from financial system for donor reporting ◦ Ensure donor agreement compliance for reports ◦ Submission of report to manager for review ◦ Liaising with Member regarding any change or in report and finalization before submission to Donor Award Management System ◦ Uploaded of assign grants documents on AMS and responding to HO comments of uploaded documents ◦ Liaising with member for any updates and queries on uploaded documents raised by HO and get approvals ◦ Coordinate with External and internal auditors for all related matters of award and responding the Management letter Grant Management Support to Budget Holders & Partnership Management ◦ Support budget holders in preparing their respective budgets and related budget mapping viz- a- viz SC T series tracking codes and chart of account ◦ Preparation of periodic monitoring reports (DIP Tool) for budget holders to ensure effective use and spending patterns of approved budgets ◦ Share monthly expense reports to monitor the progress and performance of awards on regular basis so that they could make the future spending plans accordingly ◦ Support budget holders and Senior Management in responding to queries of donors and Headquarter about grants related matter ◦ Coordinate with budget holders to ensure correct coding and posting of expenses grant related expenses ◦ Involve the selection process of partner, preparation of sub-grant agreements and contracts clauses with Partners to ensure that they fulfill donor's/legal requirements with subsequent financial monitoring, review of reports, make payments, report any irregularly to the management, make recommendation and follow-up against these recommendations. ◦ Act as focal person for audit of my respective awards from initiation until finalize the audit report. Coordinate and assist the auditors during the audit process and provide them the required information and record. Provide responses on management letter. ◦ Review monthly effort reporting, KPI reporting, assist management in developing country strategic plan ◦ Grant closeout as per requirement in system. ◦ Prepare payroll allocation and share it with finance and HR department, prepare Shared direct cost working on monthly basis.
- Grants Coordinator at Save the Children Federation, Inc
- Sr. Grants Officer at Save the Children Federation, Inc
- Grants Officer at Save the Children Federation, Inc
- FINANCE OFFICER at Save the Children Federation, Inc
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Diploma - Commerce
Grants Manager and program coordinator for all federal, state and private grant projects for the organization. The role included negotiating contracts and project managing as well as reporting for notably three Florida Housing Finance Corporation home grants worth $417,000 each and a Dept of Education/Vocational Rehab grant for a pilot project called Arc-2-Work worth $750,0000 annually.
● Oversee building team, problem solving and resourcing all needs of the home build process for the two group homes from start to finish. This was done alongside raising standards and keeping deadlines of the pre-award preparation, underwriting and reporting functions to the Florida state agency
● Project managing and leading a team of five on the pilot project, Arc-2-Work, alongside extensive reporting and monitoring of the grant project
● Sourcing and identifying new funding avenues including more than $120,000 for home improvements for residential homes in a six-month time-period
● Building and developing relationships with the community to enrich projects
● Strategically restructuring the grants department to lead it to results and long-standing development within the organization
- Grants Coordinator at The Arc of Alachua County
- Administrator at Veuwr
- Grants Management and Reporting Officer at Alzheimer's Society
- Grants Consultant at Lotus Trust
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Organizational Leadership
- MSc - Management and Leadership
- B.A. (Hons) - Philosophy of Religion
- B.A. - Journalism
Developed, tracked and administered Federal Homeland Security and NY State Legislative Intent grants from Requests For Proposals (RFP’s) to closing. Completed Grant Preliminary Applications and Applications, performed Budget Modifications, and completed all financial reporting and compliance requirements per grant guidelines. Served as liaison between NYPD commands, grantors, and NY State Assembly and Senate, assembled documentation packages for funds reimbursement, and coordinated and managed the resolution and prevention of problems. Oversaw and managed the Federal Grants Tracking System for the entire NYPD Grants Unit. Monitored and oversaw the work of two grant analysts. Maintained and updated spreadsheets of grant activity and budgets. Personally established and standardized the methods, policies and procedures that all NYPD Legislative Intent grants currently follow. Researched databases to find new grant opportunities. Prepared communications for the Deputy Commissioner, Management and Budget and the Police Commissioner.
- Grants Coordinator at New York City Police Department
- Associate Staff Analyst - Human Resources Classification Unit at New York City Police Department
- Associate Retirement Benefits Examiner at New York City Employees' Retirement System
- Export Analyst at SGS NORTH AMERICA INC
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Economics, History
- Bachelor's - Economics and History
My role entails working directly with local governments, nonprofits, universities, and other grant seeking entities to help identify federal sources of funding for various projects throughout the district as well as planning grants workshops and webinars every fiscal quarter. I also maintain and grow a bi-monthly newsletter through IQ4, write letters of support and organize grant workshops to better prepare our constituents for applying for federal grants. My workload also balances grants with casework that covers every federal agency, with a focus on immigration cases. Other responsibilities include recruiting interns for all district offices, writing remarks and proclamations as necessary, and planning media strategies and creating graphics with our district press secretary. Other projects that I run for Congresswoman Sewell include the Congressional App Challenge, the Congressional Award, overseeing the District Internship Program and ordering supplies for the Birmingham and Selma District Offices.
- Grants Coordinator at U.S. House of Representatives
- Website Developer at Zeekee
- Assistant to the Town Administrator at Town of Bennett
- Consultant at Capgemini
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's of Science - Political Science
- High school - English / French
• Plan, direct, coordinate, and manage fiscal control activities for county agencies in developing and coordinating grant-funded programs for all county departments.
• Provide guidance in grant requirements, funding sources, program goals, outline use of funds, and procedures.
• Prepare, maintain, and oversee the preparation and maintenance of records, reports, and correspondence related to fiscal activities and operations.
• Research outside sources to stay current on compliance requirements in relation to federal, state, and local laws and mandates.
• Track implementation of standard Federal grants through reviewing and monitoring submissions of semi-annual, final, and financial reports.
• Analyze budget plans to ensure funds were spent-down efficiently and in-line with terms and agreements.
• Federal compliance resource for departments regarding laws, policies, and procedures when communicating with grant Project Directors/Principle Investigators.
• Team Lead on the new Enterprise Resource Planning integration software
- Grants Coordinator at Cuyahoga County
- Sr. Accountant at Coleman Professional Services
- Sr. Accountant at Recovery Resources
- Director of Finance at AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
Grants Management: - Manages all aspects of HAA's grant program awarding 4.2 mln annually. - Coordinates internal grant process from pre-award preparation through close out. - Reviews compliance of the awarded projects to the agency's requirements. - Drafts, reviews and administers grant contracts. Tracks and monitors contract milestones. - Monitors performance and grant project changes; provides feedback to grantees; reviews final reports and financial project documentation. Outreach: - Works with communications team to build outreach strategies and design informational materials. - Provides guidance and assistance to the current and potential grantees in the interpretation of funding requirements. - Prepares and leads workshops and presentations for current and prospective applicants and grantees. - Maintain relationships with partner organizations, City of Houston, outside consultants. Operations administration: - Collaborates on strategic planning, assessment and evaluation initiatives of the department. - Participates in developing new and better ways to increase effective management processes. - Develops and implements department's operating policies and procedures. Designs the manuals for internal and external use. - Maintains proper accounting practices including purchase order, invoice tracking, and processing check requests for external vendors, staff and grantees. Data management: - Manages specialized grants database for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards and related statistical information; creates reports, summaries and analysis as required. - Coordinates Houston's Arts Database Management Program - the online platform for data exchange, cost share and research and analysis involving multiple client and partner organizations. - Creates, designs and maintains external panelists database.
- Grants Coordinator at Houston Arts Alliance
- Grants and Budgets Specialist at U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan, Public Affairs Office
- Projects Officer/Business at European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Acting Program Manager at U.S. Peace Corps
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration/Finance
- Master of Arts - (MA), Literature Theory
- Bachelor of Arts - (BA), Literature
- Certificate - Strategic Planning Seminar for Public Diplomacy
- - Leadership and Governance in Nonprofit Organizations
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) Matthew McMahon 202-632-6438 As the Grants Coordinator, I was responsible for overseeing the movement of federal grant documents for programs totaling approximately $132,617,909 through the Office's internal clearance procedures, and on to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for approval. I worked closely with the Office of Program Management (EX/PM) to assist the Deputy Director in making sure grant documents were being processed in a timely manner according to Bureau policies and guidelines. I also assisted the Deputy Director in managing and maintaining the budget for the Office of Citizen Exchanges.
- Grants Coordinator, Office of Citizen Exchanges at Retired
- Program Assistant at Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)
- Administrative Specialist, Desert Storm at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
25 years, 11 months at this Job
- High school