My objective is to continue to expand my knowledge of Government, Foundation and Corporate Grants to provide funding, community engagement and strategic development to support the overall organizational mission.
YWCA Greater Los Angeles
● Generate and maintain 2.5MM in revenues for organizational programs and services through timely submission of well-researched well written and well-documented grant/fund-raising proposals.
● Supervise other consultants hired by the organization to specific writing purposes.
● Maintain and implements funding calendar activities, including cultivation activities.
● Writes reports to government, corporate, foundation and corporate funders.
● Identifies funding opportunities and new program areas to match client's priorities, using research tools.
● Services as a liaison to all funding agencies or organization.
● Engages with program offices at organization to solicit invitations to submit proposals.
● Identify and develop strategies to optimize the grants administration process
● Perform relevant research to identify available grant opportunities and evaluate the results
● Directly involve in grant writing by coordinating with grant writers or coordinators
● Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
● Oversee if the grants are implemented according to the operational and financial needs of the organization.
● Supervise the fund-raising team to ensure proper coordination of work.
● Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities.
● Oversee if other grant staff (coordinators, writers and administrators) is complying with their job responsibilities.
● Oversee the job of invoicing, accounting, reporting, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of grant process.
● Prepare financial or budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
● Provide detailed reports to the funders and the board of directors with respect to the organization's progress.
● Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
● Provide training to the new staff on grants management and reporting requirements
● Write Scripts for Events for the YWCA GLA
- GRANTS MANAGER at YWCA Greater Los Angeles
- CORPORATE AND FOUNDATION ASSOCIATE at AMERICAN RED CROSS, LOS ANGELES REGION
- OPERATION COORDINATOR at Westside Children's Center
- COUNCIL DEPUTY/FIELD DEPUTY at City of Los Angeles Council Office District 10 and 11
2 years at this Job
Provide high-level administrative support to Assistant Secretary of Division of Neighborhood Revitalization, with a staff of 50 and administers $60 million dollars in federal and state programmatic funds. Manage the financial details for state and federal grant programs.
➢ Grants Manager-Assist with the preparation and overseeing of grants management system (including data entry, data management and data quality controls) Transition grants into IDIS system. Prepare coding and processing of disbursements for grantees payment request. Verify and reconcile grant balances for programs against finance department. Use the HUD ISIS and DRGR systems to process payments.
➢ Bankcard Holder -Manage, reconcile procurement purchases and processing payment transaction on bankcard. Coordinating travel and other budgetary functions.
➢ Division Information Technology Liaison (Tier 1)- Provide telephone and in-person support to over 50 end users, assisting customers with hardware, software and some networking issues.
➢ Division Inventory/Logistics Officer- Ensuring accountability property transfers and equipment.
➢ Division Records Retention Officer- Responsible for archiving, retrieval and disposal of all records and program grants.
➢ High level of administrative tasks- Coordinate seminars and promotional materials. Input, update, verify and retrieve necessary reports for efficient database management. Prepare draft correspondence for signature by the Secretary on a variety of substantive diplomatic security subjects.
- Grants Manager (Office Manager) at Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development
- Administrative Assistant at Prospect Bay Country Club
- Office Manager at St. Michael, Maryland
- Financial Liaison Assistant/ Administrative Assistant at Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Computer Information Management
- - Computer Information Systems
- - Computer Information Systems
**I maintain a Security Clearance for these roles/ Badge Expires 2022**
This position is located in the National Processing Services Center (NPSC) - Recovery Division/Federal Emergency Management Agency of the Department of Homeland Security.
I organized the enterprise workflow delivery, writing and updating SOPs and generating ad-hoc reports.
• Grants Manager Training classes
• Responsible for monitoring Grants Manager Courses' analyzing reports to ensure that goals are met.
• Knowledge of the agency disaster assistance programs, mission, and overall operations of Public Assistance, including all functional areas of the organization.
• Knowledge of analytical procedures and techniques in order to analyze data, develop various types of reports, and recommend alternative courses of action that affect program and disaster operations.
• Knowledge of staffing and scheduling for call operations.
• Creates custom reports from systems, and trains coworkers concerning the use of the GM system
• Recommends staffing adjustments to efficiently optimize workforce utilization.
• Managed the review of measurements and reporting of quality performance of P.A. contractors, and FEMA employees.
• Maintained and monitored daily shift and schedules and DTS management.
• Administers programs and plans impacting delivery of recovery programs and services to support individuals and communities affected by disasters in their efforts to recovery through the FEMA Individual and Public Assistance Programs.
• Determines needed and available resources and capacities, as well as future sources to support emergency recovery activities. Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Assisting Individuals during group crisis interventions or during disaster response and recovery initiatives under the authority of the Stafford Act and National Response and Preparedness system.
• Specialized training in Grants Manager/Portal
• Experience in Incident assessment and strategic planning.
• Experience in Crisis intervention with large groups.
• Facilitated access to appropriate levels of care and coordinating mass care emergency response and assistance to survivors.
• Post incident evaluation and training based on lesson learned recovery planning, training, and execution during disasters and exercises.
• Experience conducting risk assessments and developing crisis communication plans.
• Fostering communications with local, state, and nonprofit organizations to assist with emergency management.
- P.A , Grants Manager at PDMG/ Insurance
- Program Delivery Manager at Insurance Specialist (P.A.)
- Project &Insurance Specialist at Code of Federal Regulation
- Project Specialist at Site Inspector(P.A.)
5 months at this Job
- Diploma - Business
The Grants Manager and I organize and manage 23-26 AmeriCorps members who spend their service time tutoring 5th-12th grade students in the schools they attend. We oversee the application, training and experience of the members and coordinate conferences and meetings that keep us up to date on the relevant developments of the greater Communities in Schools program and AmeriCorps, as well as disseminate information from our branch that may be helpful to other people within the Communities in Schools network.
- Assistant Grants Manager at Communities in Schools Georgia
- Estimator Assistant at Pro Landscapes
- Freelance Writer at Self employed
- Proofreader/Copy Editor at Habif, Arogeti and Wynne, LLP
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- BA - International Relations
- BA - Film and Television
Remote sponsored projects proposal/grants manager and Pre-Award grants and contracts administrator. Responsible for all aspects of Pre-Award administration including funding opportunity searches, proposal review, submission and award set up to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable Federal, state, sponsor, university and ABOR standards, regulations and requirements.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with a wide range of sponsors with complex requirements, including but not limited to NSF, NIH, DOE, DOD, USDA, ONR, ARO, AFOSR, DARPA, NASA, charitable foundations and various industry partners.
• Review funding announcements or request for proposal instructions to determine submission requirements. Establish deadlines and outline responsibilities of team members and sub-recipients to coordinate efforts.
• Develop detailed and comprehensive project budgets of varying levels of complexity based on sponsor requirements ranging from $5,000 to $100,000,000. Regularly create budgets that range from $350,000 - $2,000,000 over 3-5 years of duration. Prepare sponsor budget forms or create custom budget formats as needed and detailed budget justifications.
• Annual performance averages: Funding success rate: 37%. New proposals submitted annually: 96. Average budget request: $424,578. Average award size: $311,795.
• Identify and manage compliance and special review issues including, but not limited to, human subjects, animal care, intellectual property, and export controls.
- Proposal/Grants Manager (Grant Writer) at Arizona State University
- Customer Development Team Analyst/Technical Writer at GoDaddy.com LLC
- Business Analyst at Cox Communications Inc.
- Business Analyst at Fireside Thrift Compnay
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. - Justice and Social Inquiry
- B.S. - Justice and Social Inquiry
Directed the Grants Department for domestic violence shelter. Responsible for obtaining and managing a portfolio of Federal, State, County, City and private grants comprising more than 2/3 of an annual budget of $3 million. Managed the entire grants process, maintained relationships with funding entities. Supervised a Grant Writer, worked with CFO to help develop budgets. Researched and suggested possible application sources. Responded to internal questions and needs regarding grant awards.
- Grants Manager at Newhouse Domestic Violence Agency
- Grant Writing Consultant at Kraxner Grant Writing Consulting
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- BS - Communication Studies and English
- Associates - Grantsmanship Certification
for portfolio of approximately 200 grants with a total of $250m in funding;
• Assist field office staff with technical questions related grants including regulatory and legal requirements; and
• Development of an annual grant application, guidance for applicants, scoring matrix, review guidance for a $2.6b grant.
- Grants manager at U. S. Department of Housing and Development
- Provide Regional Administrator and Federal Coordinating Officer at Federal Emergency Management Agency
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters Certificate - Engineering and Applied Science
- Masters in Public Policy and Governance - Public Policy and Governance
- Bachelors in Psychology - Proficiencies
Responsible for supporting the establishment and implementation of the $62M grants program for the Hurricane Maria Recovery effort in Puerto Rico, ensuring the achievement of objectives, quality control, and compliance. Supports the field staff in seeking community partners with aligned missions in the areas of Power, Water, Health and Community Resiliency. Evaluates grant proposals, performs due diligence on potential grantees, and make recommendations to the grant decision-makers. Works with Finance to implement grants processing and disbursement, and monitors allocations. Oversees with national headquarters grants compliance. Monitors use and outcomes of grant funds by grantees. Implements recovery grant-making guidance and policies.
- Grants Manager at American Red Cross
- Art Appreciation Professor at Inter American University
- Art Law Professor at University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus, College of Humanities
- Freelance Legal Counseling at Attorney at Law and Notary Public
5 months at this Job
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property - Intellectual Property
- Juris Doctor degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History - Comparative Literature
I was responsible for researching and writing grants for On Common Ground, a former non-profit organization that provided one on one mentoring for underprivileged adults. The non-profit closed its doors in June 2018.
- Grants Manager at On Common Ground
- Events Manager at On Common Ground
- Consultant, Community Relations at BJ'S WHOLESALE CLUB, INC
- Manager of Community Relations at HIGHLAND STREET FOUNDATION
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English Literature - studio art
• Responsible for $10.5 million in new and renewal grants and contracts to date.
• Solicited over $1.3 million in private donations since taking over all fundraising for the organization in 2016.
• Initiated four new programs funded by discretionary grants from the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and one new program funded by the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office.
• Implemented Donor Perfect donation management system to market to and track relationships built with private donors.
• Responsible for all financial and operational grant reporting and drawdowns.
• Responsible for the company's annual golf fundraising event, Annual Appeal, and capital campaigns.
• Work with state contracting agencies (e.g., DYS, DPH, DOC) to identify opportunities for collaboration.
• Work with Brandeis University, UMASS Boston, Clark University and other researchers for project evaluations.
- Grants Manager at Spectrum Health Systems
- Government Grants Manager at
- Marketing Manager at Nestor Traffic Systems, Inc
- Marketing Coordinator at RI Public Transit Authority (RIPTA)
6 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
- - economics and the European Union