• Selected to train staff in customer service skills. 100% of students received certification.
• Managed petty cash, reconciled cash registers, and created system to record and confirm cash sales.
• Created contracts; worked with Word and Excel 75% of the time.
• 100% rebooking high profit accounts.
• Promoted to Group Sales Manager with in a year.
- GROUP SALES MANAGER at RADISSON FORT WORTH SOUTH HOTEL
- DIRECTOR at BANQUETS, RADISSON FORT WORTH SOUTH HOTEL
- INSPECTOR at STOCKYARDS HOTEL
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- High school
As Group Sales Manager, I am in charge of selling, booking, and maintaining all group bookings at the Hotel and Conferences Center at Henry Horton State Park. We book a variety of events from retreats to weddings to conferences. I handle aspects from accommodations to catering to payments for all groups.
- Group Sales Manager at Henry Horton State Park - State of Tennessee
- Research Assistant at Department of Religious Studies
- UT Summer Undergraduate Research Internship at Assessing Sustainability in International Service Learning
- Office Assistant at Department of University Housing
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Anthropology
Group Sales Manager for two properties with 613 rooms and 50,000 square feet of meeting space.
● Contract negotiations for all SMERF, International, Mid-West and Western United States Corporate.
● Exceeded sales goals by building relationships with clients to create repeat business.
- Complex Group Sales Manager at TPG HOTELS AND RESORTS
- Event and Operations Manager at PHARMACY DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
- Assistant Property Manager at RIVERSTONE RESIDENTIAL GROUP
- Sales Coordinator and Office Manager at MAGNOLIA HOTEL
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Dental Assisting Degree
- Associates Degree - Business Administration
My name is Kayla Nugent, and I am interested in the Catering Manager position available. Currently, I am an Express Group Sales Manager at the Omni Royal Orleans, a four-diamond property located in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have been working in the hospitality industry for over ten years. I started my career with a reception hall, selling and servicing events, and transitioned into the hotel business as the Catering & Conference Services Assistant. After two years, I was promoted to Express Sales and have consistently exceeded all monthly goals while still servicing my groups. I finished 2018 at 132% of my annual rooms goal and 144% of my food & beverage goal. I am moving to Chicago on February 1st and I am excited to grow my career with a Catering Manager position. Thank you for your consideration.
- Group Sales Manager at Omni Hotels and Resorts
4 years, 2 months at this Job
Principal group sales manager at luxury Miami beachfront resort; responsible for all domestic and international markets,
• Met and exceeded all 2017 and 2018 budgeted quarterly group room revenue goals, resulting in an increase of 6.7% over 2018 budgeted group room goal; currently reached 110% of cumulative individual 2018 goal.
• Increased definite group rooms revenue by 25% (approx. $300k increase) compared to last year.
• Increased average room rate for group guests by 6.5% to $389.00 per night year over year.
• Played instrumental role in increasing group business by re-evaluating property's unique selling features and exploring creative opportunities to fully maximize meeting room venue capacities.
• Conducted competitive set analysis to ensure competitive pricing and current offerings were aligned with market trends.
• Identify new areas of opportunity and created updated group "Meetings to Motivate" packages and promotions to increase business over "need" dates and increase property visibility across all sectors.
• Conduct weekly sales calls to meet with local businesses to increase brand and resort awareness and develop new business opportunities.
• Generate proposals and created contracts that ensured hotel assets were protected and client's needs were met.
• Leader of the Quarter 2017
• Expert in Delphi, Evo, Cvent, Starcite & Meeting Broker.
- Group Sales Manager at THE RITZ
- Meeting & Special Events Manager at THE RITZ CARLTON RESERVE
- Guest Relations Manager at THE RITZ-CARLTON, SOUTH BEACH
- Front Office Supervisor/Manager on Duty at THE RITZ
2 years at this Job
- MBA - Business Administration
Manage Daily Operations within the Sales Department
● Train new Sales Managers in the region
● Project sales budgets with analyzing sales data and devising a plan to address the slow periods while boosting the best periods
● Responsible for prospecting for new accounts and solicitation of existing accounts
● Work with Salesforce Delphi program to generate contracts, BEOs and run reports
● Work closely with the Executive Chef and General Manager with weekly meetings to discuss BEOs and ways to improve performance and capture more sales
● In charge of the Sales coordinator and banquet captains including mentoring, developing and ensuring guest satisfaction is priority.
● Work with all operational teams to ensure flawless group events
● Set up banquets and oversee and manage service staff
● Attend Networking events to promote the brand
● Implemented the Hotel Ambassador program with $30,000 in revenue monthly
● Coordinate mascot appearances and bird presentations as well as participate in various expos and fairs
● Great partnership with over 450 local schools with the Success and Excellence in Education program Food Server 2000 to 2001
● Assisted customers in order selection, recommended specific menu items, and ensured prompt, accurate service
● Ensured high guest check averages by suggesting and selling additional food and beverage items
● Recognized as a Shift lead with responsibility for overseeing opening/closing and ensuring the floor is organized throughout the shift
● Trained and mentored new servers regarding menu items, company policies and procedures
● Cash handling
- Group Sales Manager at Rain Forest Café
- Food Server/Cocktail Server at Chili's
- Hostess/Food Server at Coco's Bakery & Restaurant
17 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associate of Science degree
GROUP SALES MANAGER INTRIGUE THEATER Receive incoming calls looking for information about and to order tickets for performances at the Intrigue Theater. Take orders, answer questions, market and book group tours from travel agencies and large groups visiting the Eureka Springs Area. Heavy use of computer. SALES ASSOCIATE DISH NETWORK Two years of inbound sales for DISH Network. Explain programming to potential customers, upsell to larger premium packages when appropriate, recognized by Team Leader for outstanding sales. Heavy use of computer programs including dual-screen adaptability, constant phone interaction both with inbound calls and call backs to secure the sale. OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR ESPECIALLY 4 U TOURS Oversee operations of locally owned travel and cruise agency. Schedule motorcoach transportation, make hotel reservations, coordinate scheduling of Tour Guides, compile rooming lists, pick up locations, maintain database of all reservations, create, edit, and maintain itineraries. Work closely with owners in creating tours, coordinating dates of travel, and scheduling of all aspects of local, regional, national and international travel. Heavy communications with hotels, transportation companies, sales staff, tour staff and office staff. Tour guide for several tours and cruises. Heavy use of MicroSoft Word, Excel and Publisher. ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR EQUITY LIFESTYLE PROPERTIES Plan activities for eight Active Adult communities within western Phoenix region. Schedule entertainment, coordinate meals and beverages for events of up to 150 residents. Schedule outside trips and tours inside and outside the Phoenix valley. Secure transportation, reservations and accommodations for such trips. Editor for six monthly newsletters including securing advertising from outside vendors. Project budgets for each community and maintain accounting for AR and AP. Heavy use of computer programs including Citrix, Lotus, and Microsoft Publisher, Word, and Excel. REALTOR® Pulte - Del Webb Sun City Aliante - New Home Sales Coldwell Banker Premier Realty - Licensed REALTOR® New Home Sales Representative in a start-up community. Responsible for maintaining communication with new prospective home buyers, contacting and maintaining communication with past inquiries, updating personal prospective buyer databases, presenting floor plans through blueprint and model presentation helping to punctuate the features and benefits of models. Heavy customer service, question answering, and problem solving. Coldwell Banker Premier Realty Licensed Realtor®, Seniors Real Estate Specialist® Licensed in the State of Nevada. Member in good standing of NAR, NVAR, and GLVAR. Expertise in both resale and new construction Single Family real estate housing in the Las Vegas, Henderson, Summerlin and Centennial Hills areas. Certified with SRES® designation 8/01. GCI was in excess of $100,000 in the first year. EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TRW Environmental Safety Systems, Las Vegas, NV Executive Assistant to Director, Communications. Administrative Assistant to Manager, Governmental & Community Affairs. Administrative Assistant to Manager, Program Planning & Control Duties consisting of, but not limited to, editing and formatting documents, often proprietary in nature, to Department of Energy officials, and other officials within the Yucca Mountain Project, scheduling meetings, managing documents, travel arrangements, vendor invoice tracking and billings, recording meeting minutes, teleconference and video conference scheduling and preparing travel expense reports while complying with governmental regulations and guidelines. Supervisor of three other administrative assistants in the department.
- Group Sales Manager at Intrigue Theater
3 years, 3 months at this Job
in South Beach Florida 1433 Collins Avenue The Lords Hotel, The Clifton Hotel, The Majestic Hotel and The Carlton Hotel Front Office Manager/ Group Sales Manager for 4 properties in South Beach March 2011- Present Systems: Hotel Concepts IDPMS and Choice Advantage, Management of Corporate Accounts, Group Bookings Obtaining Leads for Group Bookings and Corporate accounts, Initializing Group contracts and creating group blocks Supervise the front office staff and the in-house reservations department Provide the History and forecast reports to the General Manager daily Oversee the in-house guest credit authorization daily to secure the in- house guest house credit Review rate change reports daily Guest Services, Special Requests and Daily Alerts Hiring, Training and Scheduling Front Desk, Reservations Agents and FOH Staff Liaison between The General Manager, the front office, Housekeeping and Maintenance,
- Front Office Manager/ Group Sales Manager at Boutique Hotel Management Company
- Front Office Manager/ Reservations Manager at The Pelican Hotel
- Front Office Manager and Reservations Agent at Group Bookings
- Reservations Manager and Revenue Manager at The Waldorf Towers Hotel
7 years, 10 months at this Job
Proactively manage sales opportunities and close key opportunities for the hotel by qualifying customer needs and creating relationships throughout the sales process
● Responsible for effective property sales strategies to meet and achieve group sales goals in a continually changing economy
● Innovative level of generating room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, creating creative proposals, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
● Leverage all Marriott Sales Channels including Area Sales Leader, General Manager, and Account Executives in order to pull through and close complex business opportunities
- Group Sales Manager at The Westin Michigan Avenue
- Sales Manager at Marriott Northern Mid America Group Sales
- Guest Service Coordinator at The Ritz Carlton Chicago
- Front Desk Ambassador at Renaissance Blackstone Hotel
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Hospitality & Tourism Management
- A Level - Applied Science & Minor IT
• Solicit new clients and convert them into guests for the hotel.
• Contact existing contacts and provide them with information on new hotel services and deals.
• Create and maintain liaison with large groups such as church members, camping groups and companies with a view to prospect them.
• Develop and present service images at travel and tourism trade shows.
• Prepare and deliver sales proposals for corporate clients.
• Provide front desk with booking information of groups solicited from sales activities.
• Create and implement proactive room and services sales strategies.
• Establish lists of untapped organizations, associations and corporate businesses.
• Conduct hotel tours for new or prospective clients with the aim of developing and nurturing their interest in the hotel and its services.
• Indulge in rate negotiation with clients and settle on predetermined rate charted out by hotel management.
• Follow up on guests to derive repeat business.
• Listen to guests' complaints and address them according to the rules set by the hotel management.
- Group Sales Manager at Met Hotel Group
- Sales Coordinator at Sky Hotels Management
- Assistant Front Office Manager/Manager on Duty at Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel
- Front Desk Supervisor/Manager on Duty at Meliá Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
1 year, 11 months at this Job