Supervises a staff of 25+ student staff members on building a better residence hall community ❖ Initiates and maintains activities to utilize student development ❖ Collaborates with the Hall Director to work with residents on individual developmental issues including referrals as appropriate ❖ Assists the Residence Hall Director and students in assessment of needs that are unique to the respected residence hall
- Assistant Hall Director at Oswego Residence Life and Housing, Funnelle Hall
- Resident Assistant at Oswego Residence Life and Housing, Funnelle Hall
- Accounting Intern at Oswego Residence Life and Housing, Funnelle Hall
- Dishwasher at Oswego Dining Services
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Finance
• Develop and foster the development of an upperclassmen community residence hall complex of 750 residents
• Supervision of Assistant Hall Director, a Graduate Assistant position within University Housing
• Supervise, hire, train, develop, and evaluate 14 Resident Assistant Staff
• Manage year-round on site guest housing for University guests and visiting faculty and students
• Adjudicate university conduct cases and manage student disciplinary process for on campus residents
• Manage Early Alert follow up for students with academic concerns reported through Grades First software
• Serve in an on-call rotation for emergencies and crisis in an area of up to approximately 4,600 students
• Manage a hall and area government programming budget in excess of $10,000
• Work as an educator to provide direction for student learning and academic success in areas of academics, personal life, and social justice education through programming and learning initiatives
• Oversee and supervise the operation of a residential service desk and post office in the residence complex Course Instruction - College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
• Teach ELPS 350, Leadership Skill Development & Application, a 1-3 credit hour course, as a University Instructor
- Hall Director at University of Tennessee
- Residence Life Coordinator - Student Housing & Residential Life at University of Houston
- Graduate Hall Coordinator - University Student Housing at Texas Tech University
- Research Intern at Smithsonian Institute
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Anthropology
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology & Cultural Anthropology
• Supervise 7+ Residential assistants
• Care and oversee over 110 residents
• Hall Director and Resident Assistant training committee member
• Conflict resolution
• Project Budget Manager for specific building/staff
• Rho Alpha Sigma Co-Chair Member
- Graduate Hall Director at Residence Life/ Shepherd University
- Desk Assistant at Desk Assistants/Shepherd University
- Residential Assistant at Residence Life/ Shepherd University
- Student Leadership Program at Residence Life/ Shepherd University
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Mass Communication - Mass Communication
- - Media Studies
• Provide administrative, staffing, and crisis oversight for a first-year, co-ed, 310-student Honors community
• Supervise 11 diverse Resident Assistants (RAs), including one Assistant Hall Director (AHD)
• Facilitate on-going student staff trainings on leadership, inclusiveness, and skill-building
• Support students in crises as part of a 24-hour on-call duty rotation for a residential campus of 4,600 students
• Attend case management meetings to discuss campus-wide student concerns with division stakeholders
• Maintain and enhance partnership with the John V. Roach Honors College through collaborative programming
• Advise Hall Crew through management of two Team Leaders who host approximately 20 all-hall programs per year
• Empower a trends-driven approach to large-scale programming to proactively address resident needs
• Advise a community Cultural Connector, who exists to develop programs and dialogue on diversity and inclusion
• Oversee a hall budget of $12,000 to be used for programming, staff recognition, and professional development
• Manage residential student conduct process through adjudication of University Code of Conduct infractions
• Proficient in use of StarRez, Maxient, and PeopleSoft systems to process student data
• Coordinate administrative functions such as the opening and closing of residence halls, occupancy management, facilities maintenance, front desk operations, and payroll Departmental Contributions
• Hall Director Training Chair o Drive on-boarding and the six-week, intensive training process for full-time, masters-level professionals o Plan and execute a three-day departmental retreat focused on team building and goal setting o Coordinate monthly, on-going training opportunities through solicitation of feedback and tracking of trends o Assess staff readiness and satisfaction via anonymous surveys and focus groups
• Housing-Orientation Program Lead o Collaborate with division partners to create, recruit, and train the new Housing-Orientation Liaison position o Recruit, train, and supervise a graduate student intern through the ACUHO-I Summer Program o Oversee Orientation Housing processes for 5,500 students and families by managing occupancy, establishing programmatic expectations, and mitigating crisis
• Hall Crew Association Advisor o Advise 13 community Hall Crews with the assistance of one Graduate Assistant and two Student Directors o Collaborate with the Student Activities department to host large-scale campus-wide events for 1,500+ people o Create leadership development curriculum and trainings for bi-weekly community Team Leader meetings o Manage a $25,000 budget to support hall and campus programming initiatives
• Additional Committee Work o Support recruitment and selection efforts for 130 RAs as part of the Staff Selection Committee o Lead departmental graduate student recruitment, marketing, and logistics efforts as the HRL liaison for the Student Affairs Graduate Assistant Recruitment Committee o Supervise the Media and Content Management Graduate Assistant who produces and coordinates marketing efforts in alignment with the departmental brand o Improve the quality and sustainability of diverse living environments as part of the Inclusiveness Committee o Assist in the data-driven creation and training of a new position, the Cultural Connector o Recruit masters-level professionals at The Placement Exchange (TPE) and through facilitation of informational webinars, coordination of pre-TPE Skype interviews, and implementation of on-campus interview logistics Student Affairs Division Contributions
• Develop and teach curriculum for an "Exploring Women's Leadership" seminar for the Leadership Scholars Program
• Represent residential students as a staff affiliate for the Women and Gender Studies department
• Facilitate a weekend-long Leadership Adventure Retreat in collaboration with the Leadership Center
• Volunteer as a staff facilitator for Connections, a six-week leadership and transition program for first-year students
• Elected by colleagues to represent the Division of Student Affairs on the University's Staff Assembly
• Serve on the Student Affairs Advisory Council in order to best collaborate and communicate on divisional initiatives
• Intern with the Marketing and Communication Office to conduct interviews and produce content for TCU Magazine
• Assist with divisional community engagement efforts such as food drives and alternative break programming
- HALL DIRECTOR at Housing and Residence Life (HRL)
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- M. Ed. in Counselor Education - Student Affairs
- B.A. in Journalism and English - Print and Creative Writing
-Oversee the residential education and management of students living on campus -Train and supervise Graduate Assistants, Resident Assistants, Desk Assistants, Work-study students on topics such as: professionalism, customer service, programming, community development, school/work/life balance, etc. -Interpret and enforce policies and regulations of the University in residence halls -Collaborate with maintenance and custodial staffs to respond to maintenance concerns and facility emergencies -Facilitate In-hall conduct hearings -Coordinate hall programming -Advise hall council -Technology/Software: Residential Management System (RMS), Maxient, Student Engagement Management (SEM), Qualtrics, Banner -Summer Assignments: Summer School, Summer Conferences -Department Committees: Hall Director Search Committee (chair), Resident Assistant Selection and Training Committee (chair), Residence Hall Association (co-advisor), Graduate Hall Director/Graduate Assistant Selection and Training, Social Media, Living and Learning Communities, Professional Development, Assessment, Professional Staff Search Committees -Student Affairs Committees: Homecoming Committee -Professional Development: FERPA, Clery Act, Title IX, Crowd Management, Crisis Management, Association of University and College Housing Officers (AUCHO), North Carolina Housing Officers (NCHO), Advisors Resource Training (ART), Hot Topics in Student Affairs
- Residence Hall Director at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- Administrative Assistant at TRC Staffing
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Biomedical Science
- Bachelor's - Biology, Chemistry (minor)
- Managed Hall operations for 200 residents - Supervised/Advised 20+ Student Staff - Proficient in software used for payroll, hiring, and tracking student activity (Peoplesoft and Maxient) - Communicated with Student and Staff - Developed and managed hall budget
- Hall Director at University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
- Research Assistant at Green Bay Packers
- Summer Park Leader at City of Green Bay
- Community Advisor at UW - Oshkosh
6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in History - History
- Bachelor of Arts in History - History
Establishes and develops opportunities of academic and social growth for residential students ❖ Creates a positive community within the residence halls ❖ Serves on a team of hall directors for emergency response ❖ Holds students accountable for upholding University and Residence Hall Policies ❖ Serves as hall advisor for Residence Hall Association Hall Council(s).
- HALL DIRECTOR at Stephen F. Austin State University
- COMMUNITY ASSISTANT at Lamar University
- OUTREACH WORKER (Intern) at Lamar University
- COUNTY CLERK V (Intern) at Harris Country Right of Way
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- Masters - Behavior/Preventive Med
- Bachelors of Science - Kinesiology & Teacher Education
• Oversee daily operation of a residence hall building housing approximately 282 students
• Select, train, supervise, and evaluate 8-11 student staff members in community development and student safety
• Manage staff development and programming budgets of approximately $1,200/per semester
• Serve as judicial administrator for residence hall, including charging and adjudicating disciplinary hearings with students based on a community standards model
• Participate in the hiring and training of residence life staff as to goals and objectives, university policies and procedures, professionalism and ethics
• Monitor and manage facility concerns with custodial, facilities management, and central office staff
• Hold weekly staff meetings and bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with Resident Assistant staff
• Respond to multiple crisis situations within residence halls and conducted multiple conflict mediation meetings between residents
• Facilitate the summer Camps and Conferences program with a team of professional and student staff members, organizing camp staffing, check-ins, check-outs, and billing processes for assigned camps
• Collaborate with campus partners such as: Campus Life and Recreation Services on various university-wide initiatives/programs
• Serve on the Resident Assistant selection committee and Gender-Neutral Housing committee
• Mentor two 3rd year Resident Assistant projects to develop professional growth and enhance transferable skills
- Hall Director at Southeast Missouri State University
- Resident Assistant at Southeast Missouri State University
- Learning Assistant at Southeast Missouri State University
- Intern at Bank Muscat
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Financial Management
- Bachelor's - Finance
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA
● Duties include the oversight of the only ADA Compliant residence hall that houses 200+ residents, those including some with physical disabilities.
● Serve as the supervisor to seven resident assistants (RAs), this includes conducting one-on-ones, approving building program, and guiding their success through the HRE curriculum.
● Utilize the HRE R esidence E ducation and L earning M odel as the foundation for resident programming and overall semester outcomes.
● Advise the Yulee Area Government president and serve as the Graduate Advisor to the Executive Board.
● Act as the conduct office for the Cypress Hall community. Adhering to the University of Florida community standards, delivering sanctions for conduct issues.
● Adhere to University purchasing policy when placing purchase request for both Resident Assistant programming and Area Government events.
● Manage the fiscal aspects of RA programming and the Area Government event budget.
● Serve as the lead GHD of RA On-Call Scheduling for nineteen staff members in-area.
● Serve as a member on the search committee for the Residence Education Director.
● Publish a monthly newsletter updating the graduate and professional staff about the changes within the Cypress community.
- GRADUATE HALL DIRECTOR at UF HOUSING & RESIDENCE EDUCATION (HRE)
- LEADERSHIP COACH at BROWN CENTER FOR LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
- CONFERENCE HOUSING ASSISTANT at COLUMBIA CONFERENCE HOUSING
- OFFICE ASSISTANT at SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM
5 months at this Job
- MASTERS OF EDUCATION IN STUDENT PERSONNEL IN HIGHER EDUCATION - EDUCATION
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - POLITICAL SCIENCE
• Managed, developed, and supported a residential hall of over 400 first year and upper-class residents.
• Supervised, trained, and evaluated 1 Graduate Resident Educator, 10 Resident Advisors & 1 Assistant Resident Director.
• Monitored and maintained the first year HEALL (Health Sciences) Living Learning Community.
• Established and fostered working relationship with independent leasing company's and property managers.
• Served as a liaison for multiple departments providing communication and cross campus collaboration.
• Provided facilities and maintenance management for all residential buildings.
• Managed two residential community budgets and two departmental committee budgets.
• Co-created a Residential Life Departmental Staff Manual.
• Served on the on-call crises response team for the campus community off over 4500+ residents.
• Co-led departmental marketing for new student recruitment and retention for living on campus.
• Managed 15 Summer Conferences with over 3,000+ attendees.
• Supervised, trained, and evaluated 20 Summer Resident Advisors and 3 ACUHO-I interns.
• Collaborated with senior staff with operations, accommodations, and assignments.
• Served as a liaison to Hospitality and Event Service department in conference logistics and resources.
• Organized administration tasks including meetings, scheduling, and occupant's management.
• Provided maintenance and programming for residential key system.
- Resident Hall Director at University of Massachusetts-Lowell
- Area Hall Director at Beloit College
- Club & Organization Activities Coordinator at Beloit College
- Campus Center Hospitality Coordinator at Beloit College
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design - Graphic Design