• Develop and foster the development of an upperclassmen community residence hall complex of 750 residents
• Supervision of Assistant Hall Director, a Graduate Assistant position within University Housing
• Supervise, hire, train, develop, and evaluate 14 Resident Assistant Staff
• Manage year-round on site guest housing for University guests and visiting faculty and students
• Adjudicate university conduct cases and manage student disciplinary process for on campus residents
• Manage Early Alert follow up for students with academic concerns reported through Grades First software
• Serve in an on-call rotation for emergencies and crisis in an area of up to approximately 4,600 students
• Manage a hall and area government programming budget in excess of $10,000
• Work as an educator to provide direction for student learning and academic success in areas of academics, personal life, and social justice education through programming and learning initiatives
• Oversee and supervise the operation of a residential service desk and post office in the residence complex Course Instruction - College of Education, Health & Human Sciences
• Teach ELPS 350, Leadership Skill Development & Application, a 1-3 credit hour course, as a University Instructor
- Hall Director at University of Tennessee
- Residence Life Coordinator - Student Housing & Residential Life at University of Houston
- Graduate Hall Coordinator - University Student Housing at Texas Tech University
- Research Intern at Smithsonian Institute
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Anthropology
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology & Cultural Anthropology
Manage day to day operations of a residence hall: opening and closing residence hall, address building
maintenance issues, manage building budget, respond to student crisis (suicide ideation, mental health, physical
health, intoxication, roommate conflict), work with campus partners to support students as whole persons in academics, spirituality and mental health, provide on-call and duty coverage for the residence hall three to five
times per week, maintain residence hall budget, be present and available to have conversations with students
organically or scheduled
● Supervise and advise a staff of one Assistant Hall Director (Graduate Student) and six Resident Assistants: hold one on one meetings with each staff member every week, hold weekly staff meetings to discuss hall business and leadership development
● Advise student leaders in the residence hall: Faith and Formation Ambassadors, Intercultural Education Ambassadors, Sustainability Innovation Ambassadors, Academic Resource Ambassadors, Peer Wellness Ambassadors; have regular one on one check in meetings about how the positions are going and what support the student leaders need for the initiatives they are working on for the residence hall
● Advise students in planning and executing large hall events and fundraisers for the residence hall's Holy Cross Charity
● Student conduct: hold low and mid-level conduct hearings for students who were in violation of policy, beginning with pastoral conversations and then moving to standard conduct hearings
● Hearing officer for formal conduct hearings when needed
● Trained to be a hearing officer for Title IX cases
● Was one of three Residence Life professionals asked to attend the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in February 2018 to interview, recruit and hire candidates for Graduate Assistant Hall Director vacancies for the 2018-19 academic year
● Winter RA training planning team; planned and executed two days of leadership development training for Resident Assistants in January 2018
● Participate in planning and execution of Summer RA training during August before school year begins, including classroom training and experiential "Behind Closed Doors" training Co-Instructor for Faith and Formation Ambassador Theology 347 class
● Provide spiritual mentorship to student leaders participating in the Faith and Formation Ambassador program
● Lesson plan and instruct multiple classes throughout the year
● Plan and instruct 3 days of leadership development training during August
● Plan and participate in a leadership retreat in January for Faith and Formation Ambassadors
- Hall Director at University of Portland Residence Life
- Hall President's Council Advisor at University of Portland Residence Life
- Student Affairs Professionals Member at North West Association
- Assistant Hall Director at University of Portland Residence Life
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Higher Education and Student Affairs
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts - Communication Arts
• Supervised 34 student staff members, with responsibilities including hosting weekly staff meetings, training and professional development, performance evaluations, and advisement.
• Budgeted state-mandated funds used for programming and supplies for the improvement of the residence hall.
• Developed and manage multiple software applications for the purpose of inventory management within the 13 on-campus residence halls.
• Facilitated conduct meetings with students in violation of college policies to educate and discuss potential disciplinary actions moving forward.
• Ensured execution of established departmental co-academic missions including the implementation and assessment of learning outcomes.
• Managed the overall development and coordination of a 600-student Residence Hall that is inclusive of student development and supports their educational, social, and mental growth at the university.
• Functioned in a dual role facilitating the requirements and responsibilities of both a Residence Hall Director and Assistant Hall Director.
- Residence Hall Director at State University of New York at Oswego, Residence Life and Housing
- Assistant Hall Director at State University of New York at Oswego, Residence Life and Housing
- Resident Advisor at Center For Talented Youth - Loyola Marymount University
3 months at this Job
• Supervised 8 Resident Advisers & 1 Assistant Hall Director and intermittently supervised 5 Resident Advisers & 1 Student Hall Manager
• Completed administrative paperwork and organization of housing for 660 residential students
• Supervised traditional Sophomore Residential Hall and co-supervised off-campus university Themed Houses
• Offered input for inclusion of minority/diverse students
• Presented on mental health/self-care at regional UMR-ACUHO conference
• Flexible with paraprofessional schedules for supervision meetings and staff meetings weekly, & staff development monthly
• Completed & critiqued paraprofessional evaluations and progress throughout fall & spring of 2017-2018 and fall of 2018
• Participated in the on-call rotation, responded to crises, and supported students through conduct hearings
• Coordinated & facilitated on-going training and development for paraprofessionals
• Trained & utilized technology such as Colleague, Advocate, TouchNet, CSGold, Google Apps including Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Spreadsheets, and Drive
• Summer Interns Housing Coordinator
- Residence Hall Director at St. Ambrose University
- Assistant Hall Director at St. Ambrose University
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Master's - Social Work
- Bachelor's - Psychology, Theatre
• Supervise, evaluate, and assist in the training and hiring of 10 to 14 Community Advisors within a residential community of approximately 350 students.
• Serve on an on-call duty system for a complex of 1,000 students for crisis situations.
• Execute the administrative responsibilities of a residence hall through the utilization of residential management software, SMS, digital room condition forms, and many other processes.
• Facilitate educational student conduct hearings for low to mid-level cases including alcohol, drugs, and various other housing violations.
• Provide developmental opportunities and adult education to various undergraduate students utilizing a residential curriculum model.
• Serve as a liaison between a residence hall and various campus partners such as Student Conduct, campus police, Counseling and Consultation Services, Facilities and much more.
• Collaborate on small and large-scale programming efforts.
• Advise a Hall Council with programming and marketing initiatives.
• Manage residence hall Facebook page.
• Acquire additional responsibilities while a full-time residence hall director position is vacant. o Supervise, evaluate, and assist in the training and hiring of 4 additional staff members. o Facilitate meetings with campus partners and Living-Learning Communities. o Train a fellow graduate residence hall director on essential duties and responsibilities. o Facilitate meetings and responsibilities in the absence of a Complex Coordinator.
- Residence Hall Director at Northern Illinois University
- Student Conduct Intern at Northern Illinois University
- Easy Tech Associate at Staples
- Resident Assistant at Kent State University
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master's - Higher Education Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication Studies
Work on the Heidelberg campus to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for the students. I run the Residence Life and Housing Training Committee. Create and implement monthly In-services. Handle conduct cases that come through. Supervise a staff of Resident Assistant that work in the Residence Hall that I oversee.
- Hall Director at Heidelberg University
- Resident Assistant at The University of Akron
- Gymnastics Instructor at Wadsworth YMCA
- Student Worker at The University of Akron
at this Job
- Master's - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor's - Psychology
Oversee a building of 76 residents. Manage and delegate to a staff of 5 resident assistants (including the hall with which we share duty). Connect all maintenance requests. Insure safety of students and collaborate with police. Oversee facility management and work closely with maintenance and housekeeping. Program both social and educational events that create inclusive communities and positively contributes to student development.
- HALL DIRECTOR at OFFICE OF RESIDENTS LIFE
- PROFESSIONAL OUTREACH DIRECTOR at KAPPA PI HONORARY ART FRATERNITY, GAMMA KAPPA CHAPTER
- INTERN at PENINSULA FINE ARTS CENTER
- ART AND SCULPTURE FESTIVAL INTERN at PORT WARWICK FOUNDATION
9 months at this Job
- B.F.A. - Studio Art and Design
- B.S. - Hospitality Management
- Minor - General Business
Managed building of 200 first year residents ◦ Oversaw building budget ◦ Supervised RA staff ◦ Worked with team of fellow Hall Directors and Area Director ◦ Collaborated with Office of Residence Life Professional Staff ◦ Oversaw handling of incidents involving alcohol, altercations, etc
- life Hall Director (Weaver Hall) at JMU Office of Residence
- at Spring- JMU Office of Residence
- at Summer-Town
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - geology
• Supervise, hire, train, and evaluate five Resident Assistants in a building of approximately 180 first-year students
• Hire, supervise, and manage payroll operations for fifteen Night Desk Attendants and two work-study students
• Respond to on-call duty responsibilities/ crisis intervention on a rotating basis for up to 2,000 students at a time
• Manage residence hall budget of approximately $3,000
• Serve as judicial administrator for residence hall, including charging and adjudicating disciplinary hearings with students based on the colleges baccalaureate goals
• Assist in planning and implementing training for 160 Resident Assistants and 13 Residence Directors each academic semester
• Responsible for on-going training and development of Resident Assistants in the form weekly staff meetings, bi- weekly one-on-ones, and programs created in cooperation with Residence Life
• Mentor to one graduate Residence Director
• Work cooperatively with cleaning staff to ensure quality customer service to students and visitors
• Manage all administrative aspects of hall opening and closing, including key control and damage billing
• Provide academic, co-curricular and mental health resources to residents
• Present at Summer Orientation to incoming first-year students about living on campus
- Residence Hall Director, Nixon Hall at State University of New York at Fredonia
- Intern, AccessAbility Office at Appalachian State University
- Graduate Assistant, Appalachian Popular Programming Society (APPS) and Student Programs at Appalachian State University
- Intern, Career Exploration Office at Appalachian State University
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Development
- Bachelor of Science in Education - Education
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate 12 Resident Assistants (RA) and a full-time Assistant Hall Director (AHD).
• Serve on a 24 hour on-call rotation to manage campus wide crisis, facility concerns, and student physical or mental health concerns.
• Oversee and assess large-scale programming, building operational functions, and management of an upperclassmen residential community with over 600+ students in an apartment-style complex.
• Manage and allocate programming budget in excess of $10,000.
• Establish and maintain communication with supervisors, Dean of Student's Office and Counseling Center concerning students of concern who live in your residence halls.
• Oversee community policy education and enforcement initiatives.
• Responsible for implementing the residential curriculum and academic initiatives and services for residential students.
- Residence Hall Director at Georgia State University
- Workshop Facilitator at University of San Diego
- Assistant Community Director at University of San Diego
- Programming Intern at University of San Diego
9 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Higher Education Leadership - Higher Education Leadership
- Bachelor of Arts in Radio - Television & Film