• Provide leadership and supervision to a staff of 13 Resident Assistants including support in program planning, leadership, conflict resolution, and compliance with university policies and procedures
• Serve in an on-call rotation for 1,000+ student population to respond to maintenance concerns as well as physical and mental health emergencies
• Investigate and adjudicate student conduct cases with focus on developmental sanctions and campus resource referrals
• Plan and execute large scale programs such as late night breakfasts, welcome week carnival, and various resident appreciation events
• Assist with the Resident Assistant hiring process through interviewing, evaluating, and facilitating of group process
- Hall Director at Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Lead Career Peer at IPFW Career Services
- Manager in Training at McDonald's
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master's - Student Affairs - Higher Education
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication - Interpersonal and Organizational Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
Northeastern Junior College
Head Hall Director
• Supervised nine direct student staff members in a three-dorm complex.
• Developed an open-door policy for all Residence Life staff.
• Prioritized with student staff the planning and implementation of over seventy events and programs.
• Engaged students in the first two weeks of school to better know them in order to help them. Moffat County School District Computer Teacher
• Developed curriculum for a world of inspiring technology in the lives of students.
• Inspired students with project-based learning that related to their own personal backgrounds.
• Encouraged teamwork in the classroom and outside the classroom with elective teachers meeting every week. Rangely School District Fifth Grade Teacher
• Adapted classroom management skills to meet the individual needs of the class.
• Developed a class store, encouraging money management with a reward-based system.
• Created the first Fifth Grade Science Fair.
- Head Hall Director at Northeastern Junior College
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Elementary Education
- Bachelor of Science - Agricultural Business
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
Supervised team of 1 full-time employee and ~30 student staff in operation of residence hall of ~850 undergraduate students Solved grievances and complaints by collaborating with residents and families, utilizing building and campus partnerships Provided swift and knowledgeable emergency support in line with campus crisis protocols Performed various administrative functions, including updating student records and rosters, adherence to mail and package guidelines, and managing budget
- Hall Director at University Of Michigan Residence Education
- Living Center Director at Grand Valley State University
- Graduate Practicum Student at Owens Community College Disability Services
- Graduate Intern at Bowling Green State University
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Arts - Student Personnel
- Bachelor of Arts - Sociology And French Language & Literature
- Resident Hall Director at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Student-Athlete Tutor at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania
- Residential Assistant at Center for Talent Development, Northwestern University
- Consultant at Pure History, Inc
1 year at this Job
- M.A. - Education
- M.A. - Social Sciences
- B.A. - History
• Monitor a residedntial hall on the campus of Talladega College which held up to one hundred plus students. All girls which also went to coed.
• Supervised and scheduled a staff of four Part Time Relief Directors along with six Residential Assistants (RAs).
• Worked with students indivdually and in groups in areas such as programmimg, counseling, personal problems, academic counseling, advising, and discipline.
• Worked with Hosing Director to ensure all students were assigned to a room for move in.
• Focused on relationship bulidng and interaction with students on a dialy basis.
• Provided programming on leadership roles, skills, and models
• Supervised Residential Assistants beginning and monthly trainings
• Ensured the safety and wellbeing of all students in the hall.
• Made sure staff knew the emergency and safety protocols and prodecures.
- Residential Hall Director at Talladega College
- Part-Time Residential Relief Director at Talladega College
- Housing Director at Talladega College
- Residential Assistant for one semester and Head Residential Assistant at Talladega College
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Admninstration Management
Manage student residence hall of 230 residents
• Select, supervise, train and evaluate student staff
• Conduct staff trainings
• Coordinate weekly staff meetings
• Plan and implement programs and events
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports
• Facilitate conflict resolution
• Daily decision making, supervision, and leadership for residents and staff from other departments.
Manage student residence hall of 230 residents
- Residence Hall Director at Livingstone College
- Resident Director at Keuka College
- ICS Associate/ IMS Associate at Walmart
- Protection Specialist at Iverify Security
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Master's - Coaching-Leadership and Exercise
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
• Supervised a staff of 6 Resident Assistants 2 Community Coordinators, and 4 Hall Assistants.
• Help design, implement, and teach the training curriculum for staff.
• Responded to emergencies in weekly on-call rotation responsible for over 1,400 students and 13 residence halls.
• Coordinated, approve, and track hall programming,
• Oversaw a budget of over $5,000.00 for administrative and programmatic expenditures.
• Counseled staff on personal, academic, and career concerns.
• Responded to emergency and crisis situations working cooperatively with University Police, Counseling On Duty and Professional Staff.
• Managed all administrative aspects of hall opening and closing, including key control and damage billing.
• Planned and conduct weekly staff training and development meetings which enhance staff competency levels.
• Responded to incidents consisting of alcohol, illegal drug use, suicide ideation, missing person, flooding, key issues, and additional facility concerns.
• Interview, hire, train, and evaluate Residence Hall staff members.
• Oversaw and maintained 1 Freshman Residence Hall and 1 Upperclassman Residence Hall.
- Residence Hall Director at St. Mary's University
- Summer Conference Intern at Saint Martin's University
- Resident Assistant at Saint Martin's University
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Counselling Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts - Religious Studies
- Manage staff of 7 Resident Assistants and led weekly committee meetings - Manage administrative tasks in office setting such as answering phones, submitting maintained reports, and responding to parent and student emails. - Emergency crisis responder-mental health, roommate and/or personal conflict - Coordinate events within the areas of health and wellness, community building, global awareness and community service. - Facilitate interoffice communications between supervisors and students.
- Manage staff of 7 Resident Assistants and led weekly committee meetings
- Manage administrative tasks in office setting such as answering phones, submitting maintained reports, and responding to parent and student emails.
- Emergency crisis responder-mental health, roommate and/or personal conflict
- Coordinate events within the areas of health and wellness, community building, global awareness and community service.
- Facilitate interoffice communications between supervisors and students.
- Hall Director at New York Institute of Technology
- Fabrication Lab Assistant at New York Institute of Technology
- CAD Design Intern at Coco and Breezy Eyewear
- Resident Assistant at New York Institute of Technology
1 month at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Managing university residence hall of approximately 400 co-ed students
• Supervising and directing activities of 11 student staff members and work-study students
• Devising and conducting staff training sessions
• Interviewing RA applicants to determine position suitability
• Counseling residents regarding personal issues and referring to other resources
• Cultivating and managing positive relationships with colleagues, residents and their parents, and visitors
• Maintaining accurate reporting of activities
• Maintaining composure while handling sensitive and confidential information and emergency situations
• Marketing on-campus housing
- Temporary Residence Hall Director at North Carolina A & T State University
- Instructor at
- Contract Instructor at Rockingham Community College
- Temporary Tutor at Sylvan Learning, Inc
1 year at this Job
- M. A. - Education/Adult Education and Training
- Design Certificate
- B. A. in Communication Studies - Communication Studies
• Supervises and leads a paraprofessional staff of twelve (12) in the implementation of the Illinois Residential Curriculum
• Provides leadership development opportunities for members of student groups through structured advising, mentoring, and community event planning
• Promotes action and advocacy for social justice and inclusivity
• Coordinates collaboration between RAs and other paraprofessional positions to implement the goals and outcomes of the Illinois Residential Curriculum
• Serves as a member of the Training and Development Committee (Professional Staff)
• Assumes on-call responsibilities within a multi-residence hall area on a regularly scheduled rotation
• Responds to crisis or emergency situations and provides appropriate post-crisis referrals and follow-up with students and staff
• Acts as a University hearing officer for all hall-level violations
• Maintains accurate records of all hall expenditures and balances annual hall budget
- Residence Hall Director at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Community Director at Florida Southern College
- Graduate Resident Director at Slippery Rock University Office of Housing & Residence Life
- Check Services Work Leader One at BNY Mellon
10 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Student Affairs in Higher Education - Student Affairs