Microphone Test Instrument Project:
● Aided the calibration path protection circuit design with voltage clamping circuit and logic delay circuit. Built up prototype boards with CircuitMaker and test the functionality.
● Updated the main schematic in Cadence, finished Rework instruction and submitted related ECO and Pre-release in Agile system.
● Been in charge of Engineer Design Verification Test document, wrote test procedure and collect test data to verify instrument functionality and specification.
● Aided in audio band coherent signal capture with Audio precision.
● Finished all the EDVT manual tests with Oscilloscope and DMM.
● Debugged and troubleshoot the hardware with software control in Linux.
● Created data statistical analysis program with python and generated results' histogram plots.
● Renewed the Planning Phase Specification document, draw the high-level block diagrams of the instrument with Visio and updated the design descriptions to match the final design. PRISM (Hard Disk Drive) Project:
● Simulated the Sinewave Source and Digitizer circuit design with LTspice and Tina-TI.
● Build up and create hierarchy schematic of Source and Digitizer channel in Cadence Allegro.
● Create whole instrument power supply structure flow chart. calculated the power dissipation, thermal and power sequencing.
● Analyzed the power rails' layout trace width and the vias number with Saturn, checked all the power supplies layout accuracy.
● Measure S-parameter, signal integrity, bandwidth and distortion of design components with the Network analyzer, Spectrum analyzer and Power meter.
● Designed and implement PRISM connect check finger board and AC Cal finger board for DUT I/O connectivity check and AC performance calibration.
- Hardware Design Engineer at Xcerra Corporation
- Engineering Internship at Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- MA - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Technical lead for GT-series (North America) and GTE-series (Europe) utility-scale inverters. Sustaining
engineer for XC and XC-NA series inverters. Provided engineering prototype design support for XC-NA
inverters leading to production.
• Collaborated with firmware, manufacturing, sales, application engineers and external vendors to achieve high quality solutions for over 30 product change requests, while providing accurate predictions for completion.
• In 2014, successfully recertified GT-series for UL 1741 compliance leading to over $1 million in sales.
• Provided real-time engineering solutions for global field service teams in North America, Europe and Asia to contain, identify, and resolve problems at customer locations.
• Lead design engineering efforts on a 1.2MW wind turbine inverter to function as a 1500V DC source. Implemented new hardware and software upgrades to exceed original design specifications.
- Hardware Design Engineer at Schneider Electric, Inc
- Hardware Design Engineer at Enecsys, LLC
- Electronic Design Engineer at Array Power, Inc
- Contractor for Manufacturing / Test Engineering at Silver Spring Networks
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Introduction to Power Electronics
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
* Embedded hardware design for industrial GPS receivers with applications in survey, construction, and agriculture. * Responsible for all digital hardware aspects of product development from conception to production release * Schematic design including processor, SDRAM, power supply, IMU, Ethernet/CAN/RS232 PHY * Perform PCB layout for critical high-speed and power portions and supervise rest of layout. * Board bring up and design validation including temperature and vibration testing * Fixed firmware bugs in code base (C): initialization registers and SDRAM function using GDB debugging interface.
- Digital Hardware Design Engineer at Trimble Inc
- Hardware Development Intern at Tesla Motors
- Avionic Systems Integration Intern at SpaceX
- Physics Tutor at UCLA Academic Advancement Program
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Generated schematics, footprints, and BOMs of a smart Wi-Fi kit on Altium Designer for the world’s first DC Inverter air conditioner.
• Performed area studies, debugged and tested the circuit layouts on Veroboard for the final PCB layout design
• Significantly reduced production costs up to 17 by selecting suitable components based on cost and performance
• Generated and established documentation and specifications for factory accepted tests
• Worked directly with suppliers and managed manufacturing partners to meet the project schedule requirements.
• Produced an IoT device for a water dispenser that calculates the pH and TDS of the water, calculates the remaining liters of water with the help of a weight sensor, and communicates with cellphones over Wi-Fi using MQTT protocol
• Designed architecture of a smart switch on Microsoft Visio, composed the hardware requirements on JIRA and 3D modeled the components used in the design on SolidWorks
• Recognized with a Certificate of Excellence award for outstanding performance as a Project Lead
• Experience with ESP8266, STM8, analog/digital design, different wireless modules (Zigbee, Z-wave, Bluetooth) and various communication protocols (SPI, I2C and UART)
- Hardware Design Engineer at BlueEast, Orient Group of Companies
- Composer at Smart Home
- Proposal Engineer at EPESOL PVT Limited
- Circuit Trainer Board at
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electrical and Electronics Engineering
• Provided technical expertise to engineers for successful new project completion and to support sustaining products
• Trained engineers, representatives, and customers on installation and application of new products
• Collaborated with marketing and manufacturing on the development of new product requirements
• Designed electronic hardware for new products Specific products designed and developed:
• A level point device based on a network analyzer concept capable of detecting changes in process material capacitance with accuracy of 0.25pF or better at 100 feet away
• Two level point products based on vibrations using Piezo electric devices
• Novel 4-20mA flow meter device based on strain gauge bridge flow detection for the Department of Defense based on U.S. Navy requirements
• New industrial two-wire and three-wire transmitters (4-20mA output) compliant with various regulatory agencies
• A unique power supply with a wide input range of 20-265 VAC/DC 50/60Hz to simplify the product lines and allowing for various products to be marketed worldwide independent of power requirements
• Design of smart loadcell with higher signal-to-noise ratio to communicate with a central controller via two or three transmission lines
• Preliminary research on the development of a smart capacitive loadcell
- Senior Electronic Hardware Design Engineer at Venture Measurement Co. (A Fortive Company)
- Electronic Hardware Design Engineer at HayssenSandiacre Packaging Technologies
- Director of Technical Operations at Techno-Craft, Inc
- Co-Manager/Design Engineer at Guilford Technology Center
9 years at this Job
- MS - Electronic Engineering
- BS - Electronic Engineering
Design customized, turnekey products for customers across many industries.
• Smart Dog Collar, a GPS/Cellular/Wifi/BLE tracking device for American Kennel Club (AKC)
• Cellular/Bluetooth/WiFi Communication Module for medical device company Acelity
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED) remote monitoring system for Readiness Systems
• LoRa/Cellular based customizable Sensor Node System to remotely monitor temperature, humidity, moisture, gas, pressure, currently used by Target, Dupont (farm) and IET (landfill)
• Cellular based remote water metering system for Neptune Technology
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer at CONNECTED DEVELOPMENT
- Principal Electrical Design Engineer at ULTRA ELECTRONICS
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer at CONSERT, INC
- at ACATEL-LUCENT
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Implement visual management principles for scheduling and process development for new probe platform.
• Lead engineering team of 4 in brainstorming, building and testing 4 new probe tip accessories as well as in set-based design and rapid prototyping essential to lean product development.
• Complete board turn on, board layout, circuit design, debugging and testing while collaborating with manufacturing for product development.
• Major contributor to the HR led, Tektronix-wide, "Great Place to Work" Initiative. Volunteered on teams working on improving Onboarding, Mentoring, and Career Velocity. Rewrote and presented New Hire Orientation presentation. Collaborated with HR to roll out a new career development program.
- Sr. Hardware Design Engineer at TEKTRONIX
- Senior Product Planner/Product Marketing Manager at TEKTRONIX
- Product Marketing Manager at TEKTRONIX
- Hardware Design Engineer at TEKTRONIX
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
● Design and development of high speed, digital and analog circuit boards used in high volume semiconductor test systems .
● Develop and define core system, signal integrity, power and ground connection topology.
● As part of the sustaining product support design team I was brought in to resolve tough, random circuit design show stopper issues surfaced at customer sites or during production testing.
● Performed pspice, analog simulation and analysis of complex dc-dc supplies, high bandwidth linear feedback amplifier servo loops. Performed empirical testing using s-parameter, spectrum Analyzer, Network Analyzer, Phase noise meters, digital/TDR scopes, test measurement equipment to support analysis.
● Design, develop and test both high accuracy, low noise, high-speed data acquisition , D/A, AD measurement circuits.
● Design support and testing of high speed, low jitter, clock generation DLL/PLL and buffer circuits, 100 MHz to 5 GHz range.
● Design and develop high-speed, low noise, mixed signal, digital and analog printed circuit 1. boards(PCB).
- Sr Hardware Design Engineer at Teradyne Inc.
- Member of Technical Staff at LITTON DATA SYSTEMS
19 years at this Job
- Master's - Electrical Engineering- Microwave circuit design
- Bachelor's - Electrical Engineering
• Involved in a new VI instrument develop researching. This a new VI instrument to force voltage/current and measure voltage/current. Using this instrument to test other product performance. I am working for researching part. Test PA164, an op-amp will use on this device using its evaluation board. Write a small program using Unison (API) to test this op-amp performance.
• Involved in test board design to test motherboard functions. Draw the schematic using Allegro design entry HDL. Assist on the layout drawing of this board. Work on Agile to assist board build.
• Involved in customer complain about our VI instruments. Write a small Unison (API) program to test simulation board to achieve the customer problem, develop instrument performance and
- Hardware Design Engineer at Cohu
- Technical intern at Autoliv Electronics Lowell
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Power Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Electrical
- Bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering - Chinese
• Designed, built, automated, & calibrated functional tests of elevator controller products using: o Motors controlled with PWM & Encoders o Hall Effect Sensors & Electromagnets o Analog & Digital inputs & outputs with level shifters & isolation o Custom PCBs and LabVIEW HMIs
• Created AutoCAD drawings of test fixture layouts
• Troubleshot noise & stability issues on analog & digital circuits
• Troubleshot CAN, RS-232, and Ethernet communication hardware and protocols
• Troubleshot, validated, & updated older functional test fixtures & software
• Analyzed products with high failure rates
• Designed interface electronics on Printed Circuit Boards (Altium, PCAD, & OrCAD)
• Produced full PCB documentation for fabrication houses (GERBERs, BOMs, final drawings)
• Produced wiring diagrams & easy to understand instructions for the end users (technicians)
• Negotiated quotes for over $600,000 worth of test fixtures & custom parts
• Collaborated with hardware, software, & sustainment teams to develop test specifications
• Trained PCB engineers to set up & check design rules in compliance with testability specifications
• Trained new employees how to use automation software (batch scripts, LabVIEW & Test Stand)
• Modified hardware/firmware to allow capacitive surge but protect from 120V short-circuit/overload
• Verified data sheet specifications (ie: 800A current sensors, voltage regulators, & filters)
- R&D Electronic Hardware Design Engineer at Motion Control Engineering
- at Vision
- Application Engineering Intern at SMA America LLC
- Maintenance Engineering Technician at Western Area Power Administration
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical/Electronic Engineering