Accomplished Hardware Engineer with over 8 years of successfully developing, building and troubleshooting hardware at the board level and systems level. Humbly passionate about innovation in
a team environment. Accomplishments Summary
Go Electric Inc. Anderson, Indiana
Controls and Software Engineer (Contract) April 2017-Present
• Lead new hardware development for applications involving analysis of 208Vac and 480Vac.
• Developed hardware for energy transfer from a battery to load using low side Buck converter design.
• Direct design of printed circuit boards or personally complete PCB designs.
• Develop LabVIEW applications for developing and testing of firmware and hardware.
• Generate schematics, documentation, and test procedures for new designs.
- Accomplished Hardware Engineer at Go Electric Inc
- Design Engineer/UDS Software Engineer at De Amertek Inc
- Engineer of Technical Services at Radian Research Inc
- Electrical Engineer (Contracted) at Indiana Mills and Manufacturing
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering Tech - Electrical Engineering Tech
• Developed HVAC Control system hardware and network security using NIST standards
• Designed Main and portable systems using PCB design and embedded Linux. Integrated NIR uncooled infrared sensors to monitor manufacturing process line.
• Network systems development, using Asana, and GitBlit for code repositories. Oversaw development, testing and integration for code developed by 4 engineers and 3 customer product managers.
• Used temperature and humidity sensors to reverse engineer the functionality of embedded systems
• Performed waveform analysis using oscilloscopes, a function generator to produces test waveforms, and spectrum analyzers to isolate RF carrier frequencies
• Debugged serial bus I/O using logic analyzers
• Used SHA-256 hashing to verify file integrity used in proprietary software
• Experienced with reading datasheets for sensors, integrated circuits (IC's), and microprocessors used.
• Designed a System schematics and layout components using Solidworks and AutoCAD. Fabricated prototypes and demonstrated with customer.
• Analyzed, designed and tested System schematics and main/portable circuits with multiSIM and Designspark environments
- Hardware Engineer at Advantek Engineering
- Assistant General Manager at Buffalo Wild Wings
- Yeoman at United States Navy
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Information Technology
- AS - Engineering and Electronics Technology
Florham Park, New Jersey
Developing high-quality fire safety products, systems and solutions using intelligent extinguishing to exceed the standards of the application.
Hardware Engineer - Contract June 2017-Present
• Tested a new product to ensure correct operation and that all NFPA and Underwriters Laboratories standards were met
• Used Mentor Graphics schematic capture software along with Xpedition PCB layout software for the design of new products
• Development of unit test specifications to aid with design verification and debugging of new products
• Analyzed waveforms during testing to ensure proper operation of circuitry
• Tested devices as a result of a field issue resulting in component modifications
• Worked alongside component engineering to analyze component lifecycles and risks
- Hardware Engineer at Siemens Corporation
- Instrumentation and Controls Designer Internship at Keystone Engineering Group
- Test Engineer Internship at Siemens Corporation
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Applied Engineering and Technology Management
As a computer hardware engineer I thought it was important to become certified by the companies I would act as an ambassador for. Those companies are but, not limited to: Hewlit Packard, Lenovo and Dell Corporations. After achieving these certifications, I also have to keep in mind just how rapidly technology changes by the day. With that being said I also know that It is critical to not just stay on top of the latest cutting edge technologies out there but also, the most innovative design concepts out there for tomorrow.
- Compurter Hardware Engineer at F2OnSite
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computer, electrical, electronic and communications engineering
Lead Hardware Engineer: Designed a missile release computer LRU to reduce the missile unit cost. Due to contract ITAR issues, the company had to initiate a reduction in force.
- Lead Hardware Engineer at Wintec Inc
- Technical Lead at Northrop Grumman
- Lead Architect at BAE Systems
- Product Engineer at Wave 7 Optics Inc
4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Microelectronics Design and Fabrication
Firmware Coding Developed FPGA design and Verification code for Audio, Video, Memory and IR block. Created API’s to interact with the on-board FPGA registers and coordinated with Software engineers. Created FPGA blocks for upgrading the boards with new codes remotely using flash memory. Hardware Development Developed “Quad-port IR Blaster” and “Quad-port RF Switch” on PCI-E form factor. Collaborated in developing “Video Tester Board” that tests multiple HD/UHD Set Top boxes and Streaming devices. Worked on system level circuit design, stack-up, netlist creation and bill of material generation. Performed testing and validation of prototype boards using lab equipments. System Design Defined server architecture, built mechanical designs of rack and wire architecture of the system. Researched and determined system components required for testing set top boxes and cable modems/routers. Gained knowledge of Headend equipment, Networking terminology, RF protocol, Audio and Video technology.
- Hardware Engineer at CONTEC LLC
- Relevant Projects at
- Software Engineering Intern at Voice Solution, Continental Automotive System
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Sub-Contract for Lockheed Martin
• Design, build, test and install equipment in support of Air Force Research Laboratories mission to provide and maintain the ground infrastructure for operation and management of satellites through the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN).
• Perform the build-out and implementation of hardware and network design
• Perform installation, configuration, patching, and testing of required changes to existing hardware and network equipment
• Update of hardware, network, and infrastructure drawings
• Conduct internal reviews of Work Copy drawings
• Support all Design, Presentation, Configuration Control Board (CCB), and Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) Reviews, as required
• Support Engineering effort for HW upgrades- to include Site Surveys, Receiving and Store Material, Unit Tests, Hardware drawings and documentation, and Hardware installation.
• Perform risk and opportunity analysis for each new system or major upgrade of existing configuration
• Inventory, control, and process all removed, obsolete equipment for final disposition
• Update all appropriate, site-specific drawing systems of record (e.g., drawing trees, Drawing ID Numbers Log), as needed, with new drawings and/or relationship changes as changes they occur
• Develop, implement, and test components allocated to hardware by systems engineering
• Provide hardware-related inputs to analysis and incorporate integration and test recommendations into hardware products. Work with systems engineers and integration and test engineers to resolve hardware issues
• Create hardware products, i.e., system interface drawing sets, equipment rack elevation drawings and floor plans as required
• Perform site surveys and installation of equipment
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis studies as required to resolve failures of equipment, systems or operations
• Participate in the Peer Review Process to review a completed work product with the intent to provide a quality assessment
• Conduct or participate in the research, design, development, and testing of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) or custom computing hardware and/or other electrical components
• Develop designs for the installation of components and assemblies into chassis, racks, cabinets, workstations, customer facilities, and/or shelters
• Plan, direct, review and coordinate preparation of project documentation to ensure customer contract and company requirements are met
- Hardware Engineer at Aerotek
- Satellite Operations Engineer at Braxton Technologies, LLC
- at Peerless Technologies Corporation
- Regional Wideband Technical Manager (RTWM) at United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command/Army Forces Strategic Command (USASMDC/ARSTRAT)
9 months at this Job
- Associate of Arts - Business
Worked as a member of controls test team and supported regression testing of software releases for different OEMs on different platforms using Calterm. Also developed two standard test procedures: 1) Anytime Non-Mission Regen feature 2) Trust DPSLE in extended Idle condition. Worked as a member of electronic hardware integration team, design and development of current product aftertreatment harnesses installed on aftertreatment modules, regression modelling and analysis for harness using Minitab.
- Hardware Engineer at Cummins Emission Solutions
- Electronic Hardware Design Intern at Cummins Electronics
- Electronics Engineer, Associate at Cummins Electronics
9 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
· Lead Hardware Engineer during the fabrication of the First Production unit for the LM-Core, a new Automated Test Equipment Division product line. Concurrently serving as the Lead Hardware Engineer for the LANTIRN IDIQ program, which is the first program to use the LM-Core system as an end item deliverable. · Led team of Electrical and Mechanical engineers in the design of a Joint Strike Fighter (JSF, F-35) Pilot Training Device (PTD) Full Mission Simulator (FMS) for international customers. · Responsible for the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), staffing, budget planning and managing Earn Value Management System (EVMS) metrics. · Collaborated with the Customer, Program Managers, System Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and other disciplines to ensure effort was kept within schedule, cost and scope. · Supervised the creation of Electrical and Mechanical Drawings such Mechanical Assemblies, Electrical Service Schematics, Cable Assembly Drawings, Piece-Part Drawings, Modification (Mod) Kits among other documents. · Thoroughly reviewed drawings to ensure documents were free of errors, met design intent and followed drafting standards to facilitate swift approval by the Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Configuration Control Board (CCB). · Developed and led Peer Design Reviews, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Fabrication Readiness Review among other meetings. · Assisted manufacturing group in addressing fabrication obstacles and maintain production schedule. · Act as a focal point for communications and collaboration to and from the Integrated Product Team (IPT).
- Lead Hardware Engineer at Lockheed Martin
- Project Engineer and Cost Account Manager at Harris Corporation
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Harris Corporation
- ME Department Supervisor (Functional Manager) at Harris Corporation
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Responsible for project design and administrative duties including but not limited to: electrical hardware manufacture, technician training and labor management, producing electrical schematics in ePlan and AutoCAD Electrical, database management, designing safe control-reliant systems, providing customer training. Requires extensive knowledge of hardware, components, programming, and conventional practices.
- Hardware Engineer at EBZ USA
- Control Technician at Revere Control Systems Inc
- Electrical Systems Specialist/Generator Mechanic at Mid-America Engine INC.
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering
- AAS - Engineering Technology