As Head of IT Department , together with the Chief Executive Officer and the other members of the Board of Directors, I participated in the elaboration of the investment plan as well as the implementation deadlines. From this position I coordinated 4 departments with more than 50 people, spending 70% of my work time in the office, and the rest of the time was spent on site, doing prevention and event work, bound on schedule, along with my team.
- Head of IT Department at Timisoara Public Transport Company
- Chief of Information Technology Department at Timisoara Public Transport Company
- SQL Programmer Analyst at Timisoara Public Transport Company
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Computers and Information Technology
New Jersey 2017 - 2019
(One of the largest global reinsurance firms with $10B+ in revenue and 7,000 employees) Managing Director, Head of IT
IT Strategy and Delivery
• Developed IT strategy including change management and hardware/software technologies for a group of companies.
• Chaired IT steering committee meetings to plan and prioritize technology initiatives for competing business needs.
• Provided IT solutions, support and assigned resources to each initiative.
• Oversaw program management, development, support and IT audit including SOX reporting. Relationship Management
• Collaborated with the business units and cross-functional IT leaders to gain support and work as teams.
• Worked closely with senior executives globally to align technology vision with enterprise mission. Vendor Management
• Developed partnerships with vendors and service providers to create innovative solutions.
• Negotiated SLAs, cost-effective pricing and licensing structure. Program and Project Management
• Simplified, standardized and integrated systems and platforms. Led domestic and global projects.
• Regularly hosted project meetings, proposed solutions and monitored deliverables.
• Managed deployment of enterprise content management (ECM) to Asian and European entities. IT Budget Management
• Developed and managed IT budget including capital and operating expenses in collaboration with corporate finance.
• Reviewed and approved vendor invoices. Team Management and Mentoring
• Recruited some of the best professionals and led multi-location IT workforce of full-time employees and contractors, on and offshore.
• Developed and mentored staff.
- Managing Director, Head of IT at ARCH REINSURANCE LTD
- Vice President, IT at HUB INTERNATIONAL
- Global insurance broker at INTEGRO INSURANCE BROKERS
- Senior Business Systems Analyst at AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL GROUP
2 years at this Job
- Master of Science - (MS) - Information Systems
- MBA - Marketing
- Bachelor of Science - (BS) - Accounting
- - Technical Writing
Service through HP INDRA and WOM IT and TELCO business with international operations Leader in telecommunications and mobile telephony. HEAD OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS
Within their responsibilities are:
• ADM servers Unix (HP-UNIX/LINUX/SOLARIS)
• Applications BSCS and MEDIATION, MICROSTRATEGY
• Application of upgrades & patches
• Product installation
• Tuning of S.O. and Applications
• Administration of UNIX and LINUX OS
• Implementation of Backup solutions (Data Protector and Commvault)
• Coordination with Production ticket support
• Implementation tools and maintenance solutions
• Support of UNIX/ORACLE applications
- HEAD OF IT INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS at NEXTEL-WOM
- IT specialist engineer for Corporations at ENTEL S.A. CORPORATIONS
- IT specialist engineer at CIENTEC COMPUTACION S.A
- at Los Lagos University
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Applied Engineering Sciences - Applied Engineering Sciences
Support Head of IT R&D and team ◦ Assist with calendar management ◦ Assist with meeting scheduling ◦ Manage requests for eBuy * Contract Request * Input purchase orders * Input change orders * Input Maintenance agreements
➢ Assist IT R&D team as needed
➢ Work collaboratively with admins in other sites, both in the U.S. and Globally
- Executive Assistant to Head of IT R&D at Sanofi
- Executive Assistant to Chief Data Officer at Sanofi
- Executive Assistant to Head of ITS at Sanofi
- Executive Administrative Assistant to Vice President, North America Procurement at Sanofi-aventis
1 month at this Job
- - Education
- - guidance
- High school or equivalent - General
Established a robust IT PMO at a global law firm, to deliver complex enterprise-wide programs and projects while continuing to support firm operations concurrently. Own Project Governance and delivery of entire IT Portfolio for a global firm (~$45M external spend) and serve as enterprise-wide Project Management Champion to drive adoption of project management and planning standards.
• Successfully brought together globally distributed team to establish a centralized IT PMO to create project management structure within a complex matrix environment, drive organizational change related to project planning and management. Built a strong PMO by hiring new talent, created and managed a team of varying levels of project management seniority, ensuring growth opportunities and a strong career path for project managers. Established PMO Strategy and Roadmap and worked with IT Leadership and Business Leaders to drive change management efforts for its implementation. Serve as Change Management champion to gain support from organization by building strong relationships with IT leadership. Work with HR to ensure that PMO staffing needs are met adequately and effectively. Directly responsible for global team of 10-12 Project Managers.
• Established PMO governance best practices including program/project management processes, policies, tools and artifacts for a standard project delivery framework. Championed prioritization of projects in alignment with portfolio planning across all IT to build effective annual IT Roadmap. Created a platform for coordination of the annual budgeting exercise with concerned stakeholders. Directed the creation of a central repository for managing projects in Workfront, a PPM tool to help increase reporting capabilities for the PMO including a dedicated dashboard for executive leadership. Provided monthly status report on IT Portfolio to executive leadership
• Established a Gating process to provide increased transparency and benchmarking of projects, their status and reporting to IT leadership. Continually working with business and IT leaders and stakeholders to educate the organization about project management. Built and managed strong relationships with all leadership across the different functional Portfolios within IT.
• Responsible for delivery of IT programs and projects through entire project lifecycle, across globally located offices.
- Head of IT PMO at Sidley Austin LLP
- Sr. Project Manager at Commercial Card, JP Morgan Chase
- Sr. Project Manager at Digital Content, Acquity Group
- Sr. Project Manager - Enterprise Applications at Huron Consulting Group
4 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science - Architecture
The provision of level 1+ support services for Microsoft applications, hardware and infrastructure at Brightstar's Sri Lanka Office, warehouse site and more than 20 plus store in store locations.
• Application support includes support for the day-to-day use of Brightstar's standard desktop applications (MS-Office suite) and other applications used to support business operations. Hardware and infrastructure support includes PC's, PABX, CCTV, Switches, printers, telephones, RFs, Backup, AD UAM, CISCO soft phones and network equipment.
• System Administration
• IT Purchase Order Management (included Vendor coordination)
• provide on-site assistance to other IT functions such as Operations Support and IT infrastructure team.
• Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and troubleshooting of computers.
• Maintenance and troubleshoot Network printers.
• Maintaining up to date IT Documentations and inventories.
• Interaction with vendor on purchases.
• Coordinate with clients on technical issues.
• Setup and configure VPN's to client sites.
• IT problem solving and data analysis
• Level 1+ IT application (Microsoft Dynamics 2012 -AX) problem solving and data analysis
• Involves working with other staff in the Production Support department in diagnosing and resolving hardware / systems issues. IT issues beyond the scope of this role are escalated by the Support desk to senior IT staff and resolved with their assistance. Provide a record of time spent on activities upon request.
• Experienced with working SysAid System issues management tool
• Android (MTK) Phones firmware Upgrades and maintaining knowledge about device filed test reports
• Covering Up All Brightstar Sri Lanka Import Process Operations activities since February 2015 (involve TRC Import controls and Coordinating customs clearance activities) Major Projects Involved So far:
• Launch Dialog Apple IPhone 6 and IPAD AIR 2 -2014/2015 Involved as Project Manager from the Brightstar Sri Lanka, - Shipments Coordination Telecommunication regulatory commission / Sri Lanka Customs and with the clearing Agent successfully within the estimated time period. - Facilitate All IT infrastructure within the Store in store locations (More than 25) - Empowered Visual Merchandising in the Dialog Arcades (Creating digital Brochures / LED Display /Arcade TV Screens / Creating world class Specs cards)
• Dialog Axiata PLC and Brightstar Corp System (POS) Integration -2013 Project Objectives: - Integration with Dialog POS achieved via Intermediate Database which hosted at Dialog end. - Integration with Dialog POS limited to o B* Sourced Products o Dialog Funded BSTAR_ Products - Only Dialog Products integrated to Dialog SAP. - Master Data Push from B* ERP ( AX -2012)
• Buy Dialog Devices online Project (E-commerce Concept-) Dialog.lk and WOW.lK Integration -2013 Outcome of the project is to consolidate Dialog corporate Website and the wow.lk together and redirecting to wow.lk when Dialog customers to buy Dialog Devices online.
- Head of IT at Colombo
- ICT Business Analyst at Colombo
- UK - Quality Assistant -Part Time at GI Group
- Cardiff, South Wales, UK- Trainee IT Consultant at POSSUMUS web Solutions
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- ITIL V3 2011 Edition - Best Practices of IT Service Management
- MSc - In International Business
- BSc - Information Technology
- Pass GCE Ordinary Level -1999
- • Pass GCE Advanced Level - Bio Stream
Responsible for leading Metso Corporation's business solutions and technology infrastructure development and support for the US, Canada, and Mexico. Oversees an organization of 29 IT resources, supporting the needs for 31 sites, and 2000+ users. Infrastructure support includes Telecommunications, Data Communications, Server Management, Data Center Management, and End User Computing. Regional applications include purchased business software, as well as custom built .NET and SQL based solutions. Current organization provides top level business process and IT project management services. Accomplishments:
• Led the implementation of SAP ERP and BI systems at over 15 sites in the US, Canada, and Mexico, over a 36-month period. Sites included administrative headquarters, sales offices, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers.
• Successfully merged three separate IT departments into one organization due to the consolidation of IT functions at the corporate level.
• Developed and implemented the IT Governance model for North America, involving leadership teams from all major business segments.
• Reduced IT costs by 8% over a 3-year period.
• Development and coaching of IT Team Leads, to ensure that services are geared toward supporting the day to day and strategic needs of the business.
• Cost control and containment of over $8.3M in Technology spend.
• Responsible for recruiting and building multiple project teams, as well as on-going professional development of team members.
• Development of simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures, to ensure the planned goals are met through effective task management and prioritization of key resources.
• Maintains an in-depth understanding of the critical operational processes of a global industrial company, and broad understanding of multiple business end-to-end process streams.
• Member of Metso's North American Operative Board
- Head of IT Operations at Metso Corporation
- Director - Information Technology at Yorktowne Cabinetry Inc
- Manager at SAP BASIS Team
- at Black & Decker
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Executive Management Program
- Certificate in Advanced Systems Analysis
- B.S. - Business Information Systems
Responsible for managing all functions of the local SGS Galson Information Technology department. Supervises the Manager of Infrastructure and the Software Development Team (6 direct reports, 2 indirect reports and 2 independent contractors).
• Provides leadership, direction and day to day guidance for team members in support of the organizational mission, vision, goals and strategies
• Established a formal project intake, approval, planning and management process to ensure that planned projects are within IT's resource capacity and aligned with the business's goals and objectives
• Manages IT budget within fiscal guidelines by controlling expenditures, capital investments and contractor expenses
• Established system performance objectives and ensures service level objectives are met
• Oversees the formulation of IT policies and procedures
• Created communication matrix for production system outages, deployments and status reports that resulted in increased communication with the organization and a culture of transparency
• Conducts performance reviews, salary reviews, and provide individual coaching and mentoring
• Leads and utilizes Continuous Improvement Process to seek out areas of improvement across all functions of the Information Technology department
- Head of IT at SGS Galson
- Sr. IT Manager Field Applications at Aspen Dental Management, Inc
- Manager, Windows System Development at Aspen Dental Management, Inc
- Lead Software Developer at Aspen Dental Management, Inc
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Technology
- Lead a high performing global team of 8 managers, ~90 internal employees, and ~60 externals in 24 countries in a highly dynamic business environment in process of a major transformation - Server\Storage\Cloud lead for a highly complex ($50M+) IT carve out project to split OSRAM and LEDVANCE for sale of LEDVANCE. Project finished July 2016. Under my leadership, our talented IT team designed and executed a variety of major transformation projects to standardize and simplify the infrastructure & reduce costs – all while improving service levels and building a culture of change into a mature IT organization. Cost Cutting = Top Management Priority Post-Carve-Out - 1/2019 – present – Global SD-WAN implementation to renew/replace incumbent network MPLS provider with state-of-the-art “Internet First” global network service - 1/2019 – present – Unified communications project to replace desk phones\VOIP\conferencing with integrated Microsoft Teams solution including call plan - 7/2018 – 1/2019 – Modern Digital Workplace – Upgraded ~3500 clients to Windows 10\O365 client, OneDrive as standard. Standardized servicing model - SaaS - 9/2017 – 10/2018 – Cloud Migration – Project Lead\Champion - Major transformation project to move out of primary data centers in Munich (including global SAP landscape) to Azure cloud ~$2M annual savings, increased business & R&D agility - 9/2017 – 4/2018 – Domain consolidation. Removed 10 domains and reduced AD objects by >50%. Consolidated to one domain for all office user accounts - 1/2017 – 9/2017 Led massive AIX to Linux transformation project for USA SAP landscape. Result is a commodity platform for flexible support, $500K annual savings, and increase of SAP performance by 25% - 1/2017 – 9/2017 O365 migration - $400K annual savings, greatly improved service and feature set - 8/2017 – 11/2017 – Standardized and automated all Windows patching globally with SCCM - Responsible for global Infrastructure budget of ~€20M - Reduced IT infrastructure complexity and costs by >10% year over year - Reduced # of servers >20% annually with over 95% of systems virtualized - Currently in 2nd phase of IT transformation & cloud competency effort. 1st phase – lift and shift. 2nd phase – move from IaaS model to PaaS, SaaS, Agile methodology, DevOps, and IT as a service broker - Developing talent pipeline in China with our Local Technical Support team. By promoting from within we are managing a difficult turnover period, and increasing motivation and morale with the team - Successfully implemented global IT infrastructure teams (single global functional manager per technology area), a concept which was later used as a model for the IT application teams - Assumed additional responsibility of Head of IT US & Canada as of Jan 1, 2018 – now have closer interaction with LEDVANCE business units to align IT activities with company goals
- Senior Director - Global Head of IT Infrastructure at LEDVANCE LLC
- Global Server and Storage Manager & Head of Global Infrastructure Team at OSRAM GmbH
- Head of IT Engineering and Global Infrastructure Team at OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc
- Infrastructure Engineering Manager - Americas at OSRAM SYLVANIA Inc
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
• Manage IT Engineers across the US and Helpdesk located in India
• Deploy, Provision, administer, manage and monitor VMWare (vSphere 6.5/vSan) environment
• Managing Microsoft Active directory
• Managing of Avaya PABX
• Managing of LAN and WAN
• Server installation, administration, monitoring and repair
• User computer and application installation, troubleshooting and repair
• Liaise with various internal stake holders in delivering the IT portion of the projects
• Managing and monitoring daily backups
• Physical installation of servers in the various co-locations.
• Liaison with external vendors.
• Keeping all IT documentation up to date.
• Respond to IT Help desk requests
• Assist in set up, management and maintenance of video conferencing facilities
• Installing, configuring and maintaining cloud environment.
- Head of IT, Americas at Global Cloud Xchange
- System Support Manager at Global Cloud Xchange
- Virtualization / Server Engineer & System Administrator at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
- Support Engineer at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
3 years at this Job
- Certificate - Multimedia Computing
- - Information Technology