Assist Head of School with professional development and team policy creation
● Supervised 20+ faculty and curriculum/content at two different locations
● Launching a new TK program leading to expansion design and marketing for school brand
- Assistant Head of School at Serendipity School
- Assistant Principal at Tarbut V' Torah Community Day School
- Lead Teacher/Faculty Chair at Tarbut V' Torah Community Day School
- Lead Teacher / Assistant Program Director at American School
2 years at this Job
- Certificate - Leadership
- Post-Graduate Certificate - Research Thesis
- B.A. - Liberal Studies
Since 2012 I have served as the Head of School at Rockwern Academy, which is Cincinnati's Independent Jewish Community Day School. Rockwern was founded in 1952 (as Yavneh Day School) and offers a rigorous dual language curriculum in the context of a values-based educational program to 245 students in grades Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. As the Head of School I lead a committed and dynamic faculty and staff of 65 people. In 2015, after a three year process, Rockwern received full accreditation from the Independent School Association of the Central States (ISACS) for the first time in the school's 65 year history. Enrollment has increased by 60% over the past 5 years.
- Head of School at Rockwern Academy
- Principal at Summit Middle Charter School
- Adjunct Professor at Summit Middle Charter School
- Chief Operating Officer at The TJFR Group
7 years at this Job
- - Teaching International Relations
- Doctorate - Jewish Religious Education
- Master of Science - Education
- Master of Arts - Jewish Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Political Science
Successfully completed all tasks associated with Head of School position, as well;
• Budget and Finance ◦ Managed Profit and Loss Statement ◦ Completed Quarterly and Yearly Projections
• Marketing ◦ Initiated and managed Community Outreach ◦ Created custom articles for publication in local magazines, newspapers, and blogs ◦ Build Referral Network to grow revenue
• Human Resources ◦ Hired individuals for both business and education positions ◦ Provided management training for up-and-coming administrators ◦ Oversaw 14 employees
• Project Management ◦ Provided oversight for multiple sub-contractors during construction ◦ Provided regular updates to stakeholders regarding changes in timelines
- Head of School at Fusion Academy
- Director at Green Tree School and Services
1 year at this Job
- Doctorate of Education - Education Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Master of Science - Biology
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Humanities
Executive Assistant to Director of Institutional Advancement ∙ Supported senior level administrators with calendar management, travel arrangements and day-to-day office functioning ∙ As member of the advancement team, coordinated and executed school-wide development programs and events ∙ Assisted Executive Assistant to Head of School with preparation for Board of Trustee meetings ∙ Researched constituents to determine wealth capacity ∙ Created donor communications; drafted confidential briefings and prepared materials for donor and prospect visits ∙ Tracked and managed donor progress in Raiser's Edge database; updated gift tables and other reports as needed ∙ Reconciled expense reports in coordination with the Business Office ∙ Planned and executed, in concert with various offices, a number of special events each year ∙ Assisted with long-range campus planning and capital campaign initiatives
- Executive Assistant to Associate Head of School at The Masters School
- Principal's Secretary-Clerk II/Senior Typist/Registrar at Yonkers Public Schools
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Over 60 credits obtained toward BA - Elementary Education
Provide administrative support to the Head of School, maintain her calendar, prioritize demands made from all constituencies involved; Act as gatekeeper to maximize her time during the day, the week, the month, the year; Work with other departments to ensure timely delivery of briefing materials when required; Participate in master calendar meetings to ensure Head of School is aware of all events; Serve as Secretary to the Board, managing subcommittee meetings and full board meetings, taking minutes at full board meetings; Serve as a member of the Leadership Team, taking notes at meetings and maintaining records to ensure follow-up; Coordinate Head of School's domestic travel to conferences; Manage monthly expense reporting to business office; Expert level written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail; Excellent proofreading skills; Well organized, flexible, enjoy interacting with visitors, trustees, faculty, and staff at all levels and maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Executive Assistant to the Head of School at The Hewitt School
- Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Development & Alumnae Relations at Barnard College
- Executive Director at Sleepy Hollow Chamber of Commerce
- Webmaster; Assistant to Director of Education and Training at Mental Health Association of Westchester, Inc
9 months at this Job
- A.B. degree - English Literature
• Ordered lunch for the Head of School as needed
• Organized staff luncheons
• Organized and updated the Head of School calendar
• Updated school wide calendar information
• Created new school calendar for the following year
• Travel arrangements as needed
• Set up parent meetings
• Alleviate emails
• Screened phone calls
• Helped manage the Facilities Department
• Contacted vendors about work on an as needed basis
• Placed orders as requested
• Updated school Facebook account
• Organized school events, i.e.. Empty Bowls
- Assistant to the Head of School at All Saints Episcopal Day School
- Jill Singleton, Head of School at All Saints Episcopal Day School
- Receptionist at All Saints Episcopal Day School
6 years at this Job
- - Early Childhood Education
• Executive oversight of preschool, elementary, middle school, before & aftercare programs and summer camps.
• Manage annual budget of 1.4 million.
• Recruit, train, develop, and manage staff of 35.
• Direct school procedural systems in a constantly busy multi-use facility.
• Pioneered technology upgrade of hybrid Mac and Windows environment with virtualized data center and over 500 end-points (desktops, laptops, mobile and tablet.
• Expanded six annual mission critical events.
- Head of School at COR School
- Head Chaplain at Country Meadows Retirement Community
- Supervisor at Pastor
- General Manager at Fidelity Union Life Insurance Company
11 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Educational Leadership
- Ph.D. - Leadership/Management
- Master's - Leadership/Management
- Bachelor's - Communication
In Spring 2016, 74 % of our K-3 students were deemed Significant Below Grade Level or Below Grade Level on the READ Act Assessment. By Spring 2018, we have had an astonishing 27% reduction, with only 47% of our students in this category. In 3rd-5th grade, we have had a 16% increase in ELA PARCC data, over two years. Transitioned new school design from concept to full-scale operation within 1 year through an overhaul to school culture and climate and implementation of major systems, both academic and operational. Mediated dynamics between previous school leaders and new visionary turnaround leader to ensure quick wins were met, while long-term goals were implemented and held credible. Successfully guided school through two elections for Innovation Status for school (6 yr period) with average of 90% for both votes. On-boarded 50% new hires aligned with school vision and mission, while overhauling former staff culture. Structured intentional and rigorous staffing models for 50 staff members to align with student academic needs. Audited school financial systems and overhauled customer relationship management and treasurer accounts. Achieved High-Growth Status for Students of Color and Free-and-Reduced Lunch demographics over multiple years.
- Assistant Head of School at INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF DENVER - DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Learn to Lead Principal Resident at GARDEN PLACE ACADEMY - DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Assistant Principal at SWANSEA ELEMENTARY - DENVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Ritchie Principal Intern at Lena Archuleta Elementary School, Denver Public Schools
4 years at this Job
- - Partnership for Leaders
- Principal License
- Masters of Education in Teaching - Teaching/Special Education
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology - Psychology/Spanish
Waltham, MA July 2009-December 2018
Gann Academy is an independent Jewish high school, recognized for an innovative pluralistic curriculum.
Executive Assistant to Head of School
• Managed all operations of Head of School's office
• Managed Head of School's complex calendar schedule and meeting requests
• Triaged emails, created and sent correspondence, handled/expedited priority matters/calls, performed independent completion of many items on behalf of Head of School
• Operated as "go-to" person for the Head of School, functioning as proactive and positive problem- solver for day-to-day issues that may arise with students, parents, teachers, and staff
• Exercised discretion, sound judgement, high level of diplomacy, and strict confidentiality across all constituencies
• Coordinated monthly Board of Trustees meetings, including sending communication to trustees, creating Board packages, and taking meeting notes
• Edited/proofread school publications, brochures, and public communications sent to Gann community
• Coordinated extensive and complex travel arrangements
• Created, designed, and produced Welcome Orientation Book for new employees
- Executive Assistant to Head of School at GANN ACADEMY
- Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and Executive Team at OMNISONICS MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC
- Executive Assistant to the Vice Chairman, Board Services/CEO Practice Leader at CHRISTIAN & TIMBERS
- Executive Assistant to the Dean, The Heller School at BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Speech, cum laude - Mass Communications
The Head of School is directly accountable for overall operational management in accordance with well-established guidelines,
including curriculum development, staff and facilities management, legal and budgetary considerations, and long range planning, as well as ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for children.
• Managed adherence to quality standards in accordance with state and local requirements. Maintained quality effectiveness measurements.
• Supervised all staff including teachers, assistants, substitutes and any consultants or vendors.
• Transformed summer camp into a profitable, stable program.
• Administrator and manager of social media page.
• Assisted in developing general educational curricula; collaborated with staff to develop positive learning activities.
• Managed adherence to state and local health and licensing regulations.
• Maintained student records in accordance with established enrollment procedures and guidelines.
• Managed communications with parents of current and prospective students through direct conversation, social media, email, newsletters and parent handbook.
• Approved all center purchases.
• Maintained positive relationships with regulatory agencies; ensured legal and financial compliance.
• Oversaw all office functions including payroll, accounts payable and receivable, tuition billing and payment, human resources, staff supervision and purchasing.
• Resolved conflicts including corrective action when necessary to ensure a positive experience for everyone.
• Continuous budget planning and meetings with the accountant and/or treasurer as requested to ensure sustainable financials.
• Maintained a personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement for self and staff.
• Organized parent and community volunteer events.
• Implemented community outreach activities to maintain and promote positive community relationships.
- Co Founder / Head of School at LYONS VALLEY PRESCHOOL
- Co Founder / Board Member at
- Vendor Manager at AVNET /GE ACCESS
- Sales Specialist at Computer Associates
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marketing