Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School or "MICDS" is a Junior-K - Grade 12 secular, co-educational,
independent school, which is home to more than 1,200 students. Duties, responsibilities, and highlights include:
● Supporting and promoting the MICDS Mission and strategic plan. Responsible for "Great Teaching and Learning 2.0," each faculty member collaborates with another colleague to ensure measureable progress towards performance goals. Students provided teachers and department chairs with student survey and state of the art engagement data using the Wellington Engagement Index. Standards-based grading and standards-based feedback committees' pilot programs in the Middle School and Upper School. Aligning curriculum JK-12 horizontally and vertically.
● Working closely with the Head of School and coordinating the connection among the three Division Heads to ensure the growth of the exceptional academic program, cohesion of the curricular scope and sequence, teaching corps, and reputation of the School.
● Contributing member of the Senior Administrative Team.
● Overseeing the day-to-day academic program of the school, including hiring and crafting professional development for the JK - 12 academic chairs and their work.
● Facilitating the professional development of the 260 faculty and staff, as well as the evaluation and observation of the 180 faculty.
● Collaborating closely with the development office to successfully fundraise and coordinate the work of the International Board of Visitors.
● Working collaboratively with the admissions team to attract and retain mission-appropriate families and children to the School, including meeting with prospective families to orient them academically and clarify expectations.
● Representing the School as a speaker at high profile School, local, regional, and national events and conferences as noted in MICDS Magazine and iHeart Radio Communities interview.
● Attending all Board of Trustees meetings, sit on three Trustee committees--Marketing and Communications, Educational Life (liaison), and Collaboration and Inclusion.
- Assistant Head of School at Mary Institute and Saint Louis Country Day School
- Member, California Association of Independent Schools, Board of Standards at BOARDS AND ADVISORY WORK
- Member, Board of Directors, The Network at Complementary Schools
- Associate Head of School at BENTLEY SCHOOL
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.S. Education - Curriculum and Instruction
- B.A. - History
Responsible for daily assistance to Head of School.
• General office duties - filing, answering phones, photocopying, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office XP, and various other computer programs
• Heaving scheduling
• Maintain all school calendars within the school
• Arrange hotel/travel/conferences for Head of School
• Attend Board of Directors meetings and take notes. Responsible for all Board communication, and maintain Board portal.
• Attend Administrative meetings and take notes.
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO HEAD OF SCHOOL at Old Trail School
- LEAD WAITRESS/HOSTESS at Arielle's -Restaurant Closed Down
- SALES ASSOCIATE at Toys R Us
- LEGAL ASSISTANT/PARAPROFESSIONAL at Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, LLP
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- - Physical Therapy
- Associates - Business Management
• Acts as face of school to the public.
• Manages and curates various budgets and expense reporting.
• Maintains comprehensive spreadsheets of loaned classroom materials.
• Helps design English and Creative Writing curriculum and reading lists.
• Edits teacher reports.
• Periodically teaches Creative Writing.
• Coordinates with NYS to ensure compliance with vaccinations and unemployment.
• Processes teacher reports for the Head of School.
• Facilitates hiring process of teachers. Checks references and headhunts.
• Maintains archives of student materials/records and teacher invoices.
• Acts as conduit between teachers and administration.
• Orders books and other supplies. Processes and ships relevant materials.
• Coordinates meetings for prospective families.
- Assistant to the Head of School at School for Young Performers
- Philosophy Program College Assistant at Cuny Graduate Center
- Editorial Assistant/Poetry Reader at The Carolina Quarterly
8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in English Concentration in Creative Writing - English
Arlington Community Academy - Jacksonville, FL August 2018 to Present Head of School · Direct the daily operations of ACA, oversee teaching and learning, coaching emerging leadership team, and setting the tone for a quality educational program · Oversee ACA’s all compliance including DCF, School Readiness, VPK, and the Florida Tax Credit (FTC) Scholarship program · Recruit staff and students utilizing social media, community outreach, and professional networks · Observes, counsels, and motivates professional staff toward achieving educational goals of ACA curricula and Florida Standards for Education · Identify and implement best academic practices by interactions with other educational leaders; University of North Florida Professional Development School · Partner with the finance department in budgeting and financial accounting
- Head of School at Arlington Community Academy
- Chief Academic Officer at Global Outreach Charter Academy
- Governance Coach at BOARDONTRACK
- Executive Director at Interdistrict School for Arts and Communication (ISAAC)
7 months at this Job
- - Educational Specialist
- Master of Science - Intermediate/ Upper Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Fine Arts
Lead development and execution of the overall academic and business strategy for the school; implement operational plans, budgets, and evaluation metrics; hire and oversee development of teachers and support staff; identify and cultivate a donor base
• Recognized as one of only six schools in Archdiocese chosen for a Healey Education Foundation grant
• Initiated significant safety and security improvements throughout facility
• Lead school through New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) reaccreditation
• Saved $200,000 by merging preschool into upper school footprint
• Currently partnering with a development consulting firm on $1M capital campaign
• Increase fundraising focus and visibility within school community leading to significant growth
- Head of School at St. Joseph School
- Head of School at St. Mary's - St. Alphonsus Regional Catholic School
- Science Teacher at Boston College High School
- Science Teacher at Cardinal Spellman High School
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration/Marketing
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership - Educational Leadership
• Manage and maintain the Head of School's calendar, arranging appointments with faculty, administrative staff, and parents
• Manage and maintain the school's Master Calendar
• Coordinate school-wide events such as graduation and faculty meetings, arranging scheduling, catering,
• Draft and proofread correspondence from the Head of School to the faculty, staff and parents
• Establish and maintain all student records, including academic and health records
• System Administrator for Veracross, the School's primary student information system
• Input, update and maintain all student information (e.g. grades, enrollment, and family data)
• Integrate and maintain records from Veracross to other applications and software (e.g. Finalsite [school website] and Crisis Manager [emergency protocol software])
• Generate and distribute student progress and interim reports, family directory, and student emergency information
• Process transcript and recommendation requests for all students, coordinating with teachers as necessary
• Provide support to faculty and staff in the use of Veracross, Finalsite, and Crisis Manager
• Provide assistance to the Chief Financial Officer, Upper Grades Head, Early Childhood and Elementary Head as needed
- Assistant to the Head of School, Registrar at Capitol Hill Day School
- Site Manager at Capitol Hill Day School
- Ghana Program Assistant at ThisWorldMusic, LLC
- Admissions Associate at ThisWorldMusic, LLC
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Theatre - Theatre
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of school operation in a co-educational, day school serving students in grades 6 through 12.
- Head of School at MMI Preparatory School
- Vice President of Corporate Operations at Lone Oak Medical Technologies, Inc.
- Head of School at Manlius Pebble Hill School
- Head of School at Lawrence Academy
2 years at this Job
- Attended Year #1 of 4-year MD program - Medicine
- Bachelor's - Chemistry
Waltham, MA July 2009-December 2018
Gann Academy is an independent Jewish high school, recognized for an innovative pluralistic curriculum. Executive Assistant to Head of School
• Managed all operations of Head of School's office
• Managed Head of School's complex calendar schedule and meeting requests
• Triaged emails, created and sent correspondence, handled/expedited priority matters/calls, performed independent completion of many items on behalf of Head of School
• Operated as "go-to" person for the Head of School, functioning as proactive and positive problem- solver for day-to-day issues that may arise with students, parents, teachers, and staff
• Exercised discretion, sound judgement, high level of diplomacy, and strict confidentiality across all constituencies
• Coordinated monthly Board of Trustees meetings, including sending communication to trustees, creating Board packages, and taking meeting notes
• Edited/proofread school publications, brochures, and public communications sent to Gann community
• Coordinated extensive and complex travel arrangements
• Created, designed, and produced Welcome Orientation Book for new employees
- Executive Assistant to Head of School at GANN ACADEMY
- Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and Executive Team at OMNISONICS MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIES, INC
- Executive Assistant to the Vice Chairman, Board Services/CEO Practice Leader at CHRISTIAN & TIMBERS
- Executive Assistant to the Dean, The Heller School at BRANDEIS UNIVERSITY
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Speech, cum laude - Mass Communications
- Advances all K-12 initiatives, museum-wide. - Develops and manages all museum offerings for school-aged audiences, including school tours and special events. - Supervises and supports the School Programs and Gallery Teaching Manager in developing and executing a training and evaluation plan for fifteen paid, part-time museum educators. - Creates and facilitates innovative state approved professional development programs for teachers centered around arts integration. - Oversees partnerships between Crystal Bridges and over thirty partner schools throughout Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. - Supervises and supports the Program Fellow in the day to day management of the Windgate School Partnership Program. - Serves as a liaison between the museum, area schools and education policy makers across the state. - Manages complex and multifaceted daily operations of the School Programs Department. - Cultivates and manages large-scale endowments, grants and financial sponsorships. - Creates and manages a large, complex budget of over 1.7 million dollars. - Represents the museum at national conferences. - Maintains and innovates a robust online learning program. - Contributes to the overall strategic plan of the museum. - Liaises with other departments in the museum to achieve strategic goals.
- Head of School Programs at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Director, The Cognita Project, a digital humanities initiative at Phillips Academy
- Geographer at Large [Curator], The Sidney Knafel Map Collection at Phillips Academy
- Curator, The Art & Antiques Collection at Phillips Academy
8 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - History
- M.A. - History
- B.A. - History
Responsible for all state licensing papers and files. Handled all the City accounts (i.e. Health Department, Code enforcement), and all social media accounts. Kept children's files up to date. Mentored teacher's, trained teacher's in the philosophy of Reggio Emilia, and Conscious Discipline. Reference: Amy Marburger: 210-884-5957
- Assistant Head of School at Journey School of Boerne
- Head cook at BHS at Boerne Independent School District
- Teacher at Planet Kids
- Senior Agent at Afni of Bowling Green
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business management Digital Marketing