Lead teacher for 1's room. Used provided curriculum to teach and also enhance other activities. Promoted to health and safety coordinator after 3 months.
- Teacher/Health and safety coordinator at Kindercare Learning Centers
- Assistant manager/Server at AMANTES PIZZA AND PASTA
- Teacher for before/After school care at CHAMPIONS
- Nursing Assistant at EMERALD HEIGHTS
4 months at this Job
- - NURSING ASSISTANT-CERTIFIED COURSE
- General Education Degree
• Responsible for the overall health and safety of 350 employees and maintaining all employee's health files, including current and previous employees.
• Managed the organizations emergency preparedness plan (compliant to the CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule implemented in November, 2017), which includes planning and preparing for disasters up to and including, fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, bioterrorism, active shooter, communication plan, continuity of operations plan and delegation of authority.
• Ensured compliancy set forth by OSHA standards.
• Implemented employee safety committees to enhance the culture of safety within the organization.
• Responsible for investigating employee injuries, determine the cause of the incident and submitting the employees first report of injury to the workers compensation provider and continuing to follow up with the injured employee until completion of treatment and/or return to work.
• Represented the organization by attending and participating in local emergency preparedness coalitions and planning committees with state and local health departments.
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Shawnee Health Service
- Nursing Home Administrator at Jonesboro Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
- Nursing Home Administrator at McLeansboro Rehabilitation and Health Care Center
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science - Health Services Management
Responsible for developing and implementing an effective environmental, health and safety program to ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, current federal, state, and local standards for the Texas electric grid operations critical infrastructure with up to 1000 employees and contractors occupying over 100K+ square feet on three campuses. Responsibilities include providing training (new employee/contractor safety training, emergency evacuation team training, emergency response plan, fire prevention plan, SPCC plan, general workplace safety, fleet and roadway safety including designated drivers, ergonomics, NFPA electrical safety, lock out/tag out, 1st Aid, CPR, AED, hazard communication including SDS, shift work, and other training applicable to ERCOT); conducting safety inspections, IAQ surveys, noise surveys, incident/accident investigations, ergonomic assessments; maintaining first aid kits and AEDs, personal protective equipment, EHS equipment inventory tracking and calibration, OSHA recordkeeping, workers compensation, SARA Tier II reporting and Pandemic Preparedness Plan. Performed new and remodel construction project safety oversight.
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- Health Program Coordinator at Texas Workers' Compensation Commission
- Safety Officer II at Texas Workers' Compensation Commission
- Senior Health & Safety Specialist at Solectron Texas
13 years at this Job
- Associate - Science
Responsible for all health and safety programs and training services to all City of Ithaca employees. Supported all Human Resource programs including back to work, disability and accident investigations.
- Health and Safety Coordinator at City of Ithaca
- Principal Owner at Cascadilla Safety Consulting
- EHS Manager/Facility Manager at Novomer R&D
- Senior Health and Safety Specialist / Industrial Hygienist at Cornell University Department of Environmental Health and Safety
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Environmental Science
Responsible for the Health and Safety of the NC Facility - 500,000+Sqft and ~100 employees
● Accident investigations using root cause analysis
● Create and conduct monthly safety performance audits and inspections
● Develop and track action items as a result of safety performance audits.
● Serves as a medical first responder
● Conduct new hire and transferred employee orientations.
● Facilitate the biohazard waste disposal program, Hearing conservation
● Maintain OSHA logs
● Update and facilitate powered industrial truck program (Forklifts, Scissor/Boom lifts, electric carts, specialized equipment); train and certify employees as necessary.
● Facilitate emergency management programs and conduct annual employee evacuation drills.
● Develop and implement training programs as necessary at all levels within the organization, from hourly employee to executive staff.
● Coordinate Site Safe Work, Emergency Response, Contractor Safety, Incident/Accident/Illness/Injury Investigations and General Safety Procedures and/or Programs.
● New equipment safety assessments
● Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on industrial safety and health regulations, policies, standards, and programs.
● Overhauled department safety booklets, fall protection program, and powered industrial trucks program
● Created Heat Illness Prevention Program
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Cambro Manufacturing
- Safety representative at Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals Industry Inc
- Environmental Health Safety Technician at Industrial Extension Service at NCSU
- South Eastern OSHA Training Institute Outreach Coordinator (Interim) at Industrial Extension Service at NCSU
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- - Spanish and Film
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator for a Surface Sand Mine with approximately 60 employees. Experience with MSHA regulations, compliance and inspections. Experience with writing JSAs and training new hires and maintaining required training for all employees. Plant Radiation Safety Officer. Obtained Dust and Noise sampling of personnel. Worker’s Compensation management, property damage insurance filing and involved with medical management of employees, as needed. Involved in disciplinary actions relating to safety. Involved with interviewing potential new hires both salary and production. Managed Drug Consortium for random drug testing. Experience with Local 110 and 513 Operating Engineers, grievances and arbitration. Filed and maintained Environmental permits and compliance required by St. Louis County and the State of Missouri. Permits included Stormwater, Land, Mine and Air. Maintained Certification in Method 9 Visible Emissions. Responsible for Security of the plant and mine. Logistical Coordinator for Rail Car loading, shipping and billing rail cars and trucks according to open orders for plant.
- Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at US Silica
- Safety Manager at RTI Advanced Forming, Inc
- Human Resource Assistant at Express Personnel
- Surgical Coordinator at Metropolitan Urological Specialists
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Education Center
- - Technology
• Develop site wide and Warehouse and Converting Department specific safety procedures, policies and programs along with help of support staff and leadership of other departments.
• Perform Risk Assessments with Warehouse and Converting teams to identify risks associated with different jobs and task. Develop plans to reduce and eliminate risk by eliminating risk, engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE.
• Create Safety Merits Goals for my departments to complete certain numbers of Risk Assessments, Audits, and have safety work orders closed or have updated status on its completion and target due date.
• Work with Anderson Site Environment, Health and Safety, Global Director, Tissue Division Leader and other staff to establish areas of focus, departmental goals and objectives to develop strategies and support to achieve them.
• Analyze injuries, incident and property damage data and assist in implementing ways to reduce it. ◦ Reducing the number of licensed forklift team members to help reduce property damage, near misses, and PIT related incidents. Reduce number of forklifts to the necessity needed for operation. Restrict unsafe uses of forklift attachments and retrain and coach team members on proper forklift you when operating and transporting material. ◦ Implement PPE requirements for certain task including, bump caps or hard hats and cut resistant sleeves and gloves. ◦ Highly skilled in conducting accident and incident investigations. Conducting root cause analysis to and implementing corrective action plans to corrective action plans.
• Develop and implements safety programs. ◦ Plan and carryout site wide Severe Weather and Fire Drills. ◦ Including technical documents such as policies and programs, evacuation procedures, standard operating procedures, work instructions, LOTO procedures, procedures for safety programs such as confined space, safe work permit, hot work permit, and PIT use. ◦ Conducting audits and inspections, which drive corrective action, engagement with team members and coaching. Using data received from audits and inspections to create technical reports to communicate areas of focus and need. ◦ Ensure compliance of all health and safety programs with OSHA, ANSI, state and local rules and regulations.
• Conducting new hire team member training and annual safety day training to team members. ◦ Training includes confined space permit and non confined space form training, safe work permit training, fire hose and extinguisher training, incident reporting training, hot work permit training, fall protection training, emergency evacuation training, and critical systems impairment training. ◦ Going over audit findings from customers or other 3rd parties. Developing plans to correct audit findings. ◦ Working with Pre-Startup Safety Review team for new Converting lines, Paper Machine, Automated Storage/Retrieval System, and Waste Water Treatment system.. * Ensuring equipment was installed properly; no safety or ergonomic concerns are present. * Ensuring all safety processes is in place before the startup of first line. * Ensuring operators are aware of safety procedures and expectations. * Ensuring all housekeeping procedures are in place and understand by operators.
• Industrial Hygiene Testing ◦ Assist in leading hearing conservation program. Using noise exposure devices to test salary/day shift personnel to determine which groups could be eliminated from hearing conservation testing based on an 8-hour average. ◦ Coordinating and scheduling out source industrial hygiene monitoring such as dust, air sampling, etc.
- Health and Safety Coordinator at First Quality Tissue
- Assistant Manager at Quality Foods of Anderson LLC
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Associates Degree in Science - General Engineering
- High School Diploma
• Administer a Health and Safety Program in a manufacturing facility
• Contactor Safety experience in monitoring construction of buildings, processes, erections, etc.
• Administer all safety trainings and new-hire trainings to employees and contractors
• Evaluate new equipment and procedural upgrades for any risk of safety issues or non-compliance
• Conduct thorough incident investigations for spills, near-misses, injuries, property damage, etc
• Conduct weekly JSA (Job Safety Analysis) meetings to identify and eliminate job hazards through Engineering and Administrative Controls
• Conduct monthly Safety Committee meetings to on-site employees
• Active in writing new safety policies and procedures upon audits to improve the Safety Policies using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
• Workers' Compensation injury claims experience; Recording knowledge on OSHA 300 logs
• Industrial Hygiene testing for chemical vapors, dust particulates, sound testing, LEL testing, VOC testing, CO testing, static testing
• EPA/OSHA site-visit experience; experienced in attesting OSHA citations and reducing fines
- Health and Safety Coordinator at Continental Structural Plastics
- Plant Manager/ Production Manager Trainee at Universal Forest Products Parker, LLC
- Industrial Safety Intern at Universal Forest Products Parker, LLC
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Safety Management - General
Duties included the Management and implementation of Environmental Health and Safety programs. I provided training in both English and Spanish. I also managed and implemented programs to reduce employee injuries. This included Job Safety Analysis, Safety Audits and Kaizens to improve Safety ergonomically and increase production. I lead the employee safety committee and also conducted accident investigations managed work compensation and a return to work program. Laid off December 11,2015
- Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at Ricon Corporation
- West Coast Regional EHS Manager and Operations Manager for The Long Beach Ca Airport at Signature Flight Support
- West Coast regional EHS Manager/ Toluca and Chihuahua Mexico at Hawker Beechcraft Services
- Safety Director at American Apparel
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- Vocational - Environmental Technology
- Coordinating site safety programs, occupational hygiene and environmental compliances. - Participated as a safety officer (donning/doffing of PPE suits as well as decontaminating personnel) in the actual Ebola case on July 2015. - Implementing two corrective action plans to eliminate nonconformances identified during California Department of Public Health and Joint Commission surveys. - Chair of Laser Safety Committee. Developed laser safety program policy & procedure and committee chart. - Managing laser safety audits and trainings in hospital and ambulatory areas. - Supervising Ergonomic program. Primary Ergonomist, and management point of contact for ergonomic/ behavioral- based safety and wellness. - Preparing recommendations to prevent ergonomic hazards and job injuries. - Leading weekly multi-disciplinary Environmental of Care Monitoring Rounds (E- Rounds). - Enforcing the safety standards, formulation of new safety precautions and procedures, and resolution of safety and health issues within the hospital and ambulatory areas. - Creating training programs for different levels of audiences on Safety and Ergonomic subjects. - Conducting biweekly Ergonomic training orientation for all newly hired hospital employees. - Managing Respiratory Mask fit-testing program and schedulingannual trainings and fit testings for over 4000 employees. - Managing weekly Construction Risk Assessment rounds on hospital and clinical areas, in order to check if all the safety aspects have been met. - Performing Fire drills on hospital and clinical areas. - Responsible for any upgrades with the hospital facility evacuation plans and directly working with architects and LAFD to comply with fire safety regulations. - Supervised the Hazardous Waste Management audits and trainings. - Participated as a controller on hospital and state emergency planning drills. - Member in various committees.
- Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator at Kaiser Permanente
- Agricultural Biologist/ Inspector I at Agricultural Department
- Undergraduate Internship at EH&S
- Tutor Math and English at Maclay Middle School
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Environmental
- Associate - Chemistry