Health and Safety manager for a National Fastener Manufacturer with 3 manufacturing and nearly a dozen distribution facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Developed and implement safety programs, conduct safety training, monitor OSHA 300 logs, prepare and present OSHA violation meetings, etc.
- Health and Safety Manager at TFP Corporation
- Production Safety Intern at Kalkreuth Roofing and Sheet Metal
- Fire Watch/ Confined space attendant at Safety Resource Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Construction Engineering Technology
- Tacoma, Washington, 10/17 - Present.
A gypsum wall board manufacturing plant providing building products to support clients for new construction, renovation and inter-collaboration to achieve success within its Division.
Health and Safety Manager
Responsible for providing leadership and direction in developing and implementing health and safety strategies, process and programs to create long term value.
• Provide site safety leadership, recommendations for risk reduction and oversight of health and safety systems, to include process safety, mobile and pedestrian safety, combustible dust management, contractor safety and safe work permits.
• Own, maintain and drive system elements into applicable levels of the site organization toward continuous improvement.
• Work with Site Leadership Team to establish operational priorities based on compliance system performance measures and goals.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction by building a partnership with front-line leadership and collaborating with business partners to develop and mentor the production team relating to EH&S.
• Communicate and collaborate frequently with the Regional Leadership Team / Site Leadership Team regarding issues, performance status and improvement initiatives.
• Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact with regulatory agencies.
• Mentor and coach plant compliance safety owners (CSO) and participate in regional meetings, conference calls and training.
• Foster a H&S environment of collaboration and active participation with all employees.
• Identify cost-effective solutions for technical and regulatory health and safety issues.
• Demonstrate strong performance of the site to meet 100% of compliance requirements 100% of the time.
- Health and Safety Manager at Georgia Pacific, Koch Industries
- Corporate Health and Safety Manager at WSDOT, Department of Ecology
- Regional Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Manager at Veolia Water of North America
- Regional Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager at US Filter / Siemens
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Science degree - Safety and Environmental Management
- Master of Arts degree - Leadership
- Master's Certificate - Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Science degree
* Development and implementatation of safety policies and procedures for plant setting where none existed. * Ensuring the safety and health of all employees, performing safety audits, safety orientation of all new hire employees, conducting monthly safety meetings for all employess of the plant. * Head of Security force at plant; in charge of day to day security plant wide * Workers Compensation and liability claims case manager. * Certified Icup drug testing technician for on site drug screens. * Implementataion of the behaviorial based Safe Start training mill wide and for new hires
- Health and Safety Manager at KPAQ Industries, LLC
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer at US Composite Pipe South, LLC/Amitech
- at US Composite Pipe South, LLC/Amitech
- Health/ Safety Manager at Gulf Coast Analytical Laboratories
6 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Writing task specific, method statements, risk assessments and any other policies to meet client's needs, advising clients on a face to face basis on how to meet health and safety, fire and environmental legal obligations in a cost efficient and timely manner. Delivering proactive health and safety advice and support on a continuous basis.
- Health and Safety Manager at Safety Support Consultants
- Health & Safety Manager, at Securafence
- Branch Manager and Health & Safety Manager at Dunster House
- Safety Officer and Fire Incident Control Manager at Royal Navy
2 months at this Job
- - Management and Leadership
• Monitoring health and safety risks and hazards in the workplace
• Advising employees on how to minimize or ultimately avoid risks and hazards in the workplace
• First aid / nursing duties
• Ensuring the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation
• Working with and training all employees to manage, monitor and improve the health and safety standards in the workplace
• Being responsible for all safety inspections in the workplace (for example, monitoring noise levels in a warehouse)
• Assisting with the creation and management of health and safety monitoring systems and policies in the workplace
• Managing emergency procedures (such as fire alarm drills) and organizing emergency teams such as fire marshals and first aiders
• Offering general health and safety advice to all employees
- Health and Safety Manager at Aerotek - Nuclear Training Simulator at NPTU Charleston
- at United States Navy - Naval Power Training Unit
- Propulsion Plant Supervisor (Nuclear) at United States Navy - Naval Power Training Unit
- at United States Navy - Naval Power Training Unit
8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Ensured safe work environment at a large manufacturing and research site. Responsible for safety program, staff, and safety committees.
● Managed site-specific health and safety programs such as: LOTO, confined space entry, industrial hygiene, hazard communication, PPE, and emergency management.
● Collaborated with and led a system of cross functional safety committees consisting of representatives from manufacturing, engineering, administration, and management.
● Coached and developed embedded safety representatives “safety leads”.
● Responsible for maintaining and reporting health and safety metrics, continuous improvement projects, flash reports, and near miss reports.
● Combined health and safety principles with Lean Manufacturing designs.
● Developed and instituted a robust site wide industrial hygiene monitoring plan for processes ranging from; chemical engineering, to heavy equipment manufacturing, to plastic extrusion, to laboratory operations.
- Health and Safety Manager at Suez Water Technologies and Solutions
- Research Safety Professional at University of Minn
8 months at this Job
- MPH - Environmental Health - Industrial Hygiene
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
A Contract Position; NYSERDA's Health and Safety Director required a temporary leave of employment for medical reasons. NYSERDA operates/maintains a low level radiological landfill or the State Disposal Area (SDA) as it is referred to as just outside Springville, NY. Currently NYSERDA is replacing the landfill cover system and including installation of a new liner. The State Facility operates alongside of the Department of Energy's West Valley Demonstration Project. The radiological exposure risk and federal guidelines impose that all work be subject to rigorous controls and be conducted with in existing or established procedures. The Health and Safety Director is responsible for establishing procedural controls as well as the administration of the process and the overall operational safety of Site Workers and surrounding environment.
- Health and Safety Manager at New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) / MJW Technical Services
- EHS / Project Manager at National Response Corporation
- Project Manager at Project Health & Safety Management
- Project Manager at Safety and Environmental Management
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Environmental Science
Perform a variety of tasks in the review, administration and implementation of occupational health and safety programs; evaluate the health and safety conditions in facilities, vehicles and equipment; performs security audits, inspects and investigates incidents and unsafe conditions; and performs related tasks as assigned.
- Health and Safety Manager at PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS IN SECURITY AND WORK HEALTH
7 years at this Job
- Firefighter paramedic - Sciences
Gap analysis, procedure writing, industrial hygiene testing including gas, vapor and sound, staff education, handling hazardous and universal waste, job safety analysis, reports to and interaction is federal and state regulators including OSHA, Cal OSHA, CUPA, SCAQMD, etc., safety committee.
- Health and Safety Manager at National Wire and Cable
- Safety Officer at U.S Department of Labor
- EHS Specialist, Contractor at Colden Corporation
- Safety Officer Cellnetix Pathology at Cellnetix Pathology and Laboratories
7 months at this Job
- Master's (enrolled and in process) - Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Science
- cooperate with the Site Manager in identifying risks related with the site work activities and establish the relevant safety measures for the safety of the workers and hygiene of the work space - updates the safety measures in relation with the changes of the working activities - assists the Site Manager during Site inspections and during controls of the Supervisory Bodies - performing Internal Supervision and making Minutes of Internal Supervision on Site - proposes and carries out courses for the information and training of personnel at site, with particular care for the new workers - responsible person for waste management
- Health and Safety Manager at Grandi Lavori Fincosit S.p.A.
- Health and Safety Consultant at Rijecki usluzni servis d.o.o.
- Surveyor at Geokorner d.o.o.
- Lifeguard Supervisor at Hoteli Baška d.d.
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Industrial Safety Technology/Technician
- Bachelor's - Occupational Safety and Health Technology/Technician
- High school or equivalent - Surveying Technology/Surveying