Monitored mold, lead and asbestos removal from Government buildings, schools, and Military bases. Supervised over 20 contractors and ensured proper PPE and safety protocols were being met to ensure the health and safety of contractors in toxic environment. Ensured all protocols were met in dangerous and toxic building environment. HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER CONTRACT LABOR SOLUTIONS Jan 2016 to June 2017 Monitored the health and safety on all hydro-blasting and sand blasting teams while performing work on Navy Ships in the BHE Shipyard. Ensured all safety protocols were in place and followed by all contractors.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER at Contractor labor solutions
- OPERATOR/ PIPE FOREMAN at TECNIP
- CRANE OPERATOR at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• I am involved in the Alpha Tau Omega at Northern Kentucky University. Nationally, this fraternity holds many leadership training experiences. I personally spent a week in the Rocky Mountains backpacking and learning about servant leadership.
• Locally, my chapter has raised over $140,000 for St. Elizabeth's Breast Wellness Center.
• During the past year in ATO, I have been responsible for risk management, elected by an 80+ peer group. Which has included team coordination at social functions to look out for member safety. It has included a leadership role entailing mental health awareness.
- Health and Safety Officer at Tri State Plastics Inc
- Machine Operator and Customer Service at Tri State Plastics Inc
2 years, 9 months at this Job
Governor's Safety Award Winner 2017 & 2018 per MNOSHA recommendation, high program review, and 0.13 TRIR
● Best Innovator Team Outstanding Employee Award for accessibility auditing & Energy Champion Recognitions
● Optimized safety culture and program metrics from 28% to 83% rating after one year of employment
● Mentor Chemical Hygiene Officer to ensure prevention of sources of harm in laboratories using hierarchy of controls
● Ensure hazard identification, risk assessment, and integration are addressed before and during organization's operations
● Develop, coordinate, evaluate, plan, implement, monitor all environmental health safety & risk management programs; identify, evaluate, and/or control potential hazards & mitigate viable risks through collaboration, teamwork, & innovation
● Perform slips, trips, falls research, present at safety conferences, mentor statistics students for continuous improvement
● Reduce hazardous waste stream levels; advise & support 1,200 staff and faculty persons on preventive system measures
● Manage contracting, project evaluation, scheduling, & supervision of safety consultants for safety training/inspections
● Chair or serve on seven committees including President for Minnesota Association of Professional Employees (MAPE)
- Environmental, Health, and Safety Officer at Metropolitan State University
- Safety Investigator at MN OSHA Compliance Division of Department of Labor
- at Homeland Security
2 years at this Job
McFarland, WI - Respond to emergency calls and caring for patients that are experiencing traumatic or medical emergencies. Taking vital signs, medical history, monitoring ECG's, defibrillation, placing CPAP on patients, starting IV's, and administering medications (Internasal, Intermuscular, orally, sublingual, and inhalation) - Respond to fire emergency calls with the fire company - Health and Safety officer
- Respond to emergency calls and caring for patients that are experiencing traumatic or medical emergencies. Taking vital signs, medical history, monitoring ECG's, defibrillation, placing CPAP on patients, starting IV's, and administering medications (Internasal, Intermuscular, orally, sublingual, and inhalation)
- Respond to fire emergency calls with the fire company
- Health and Safety officer
- AEMT/FF/ Health and Safety officer at McFarland Fire Rescue
- Certified Clinical Research Coordinator at UnityPoint-Meriter
- Fire Fighter/ AHA CPR Instructor at Advanced EMT
- Dispatcher at Advanced EMT
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA in Occupational Safety - Occupational Safety & Health
- - Massage Therapy
Coordinated, supported and advised the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety. Established, managed and monitored standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety were adhered to.
- Health and safety officer (HSO) at SUMMIT
- Non-Destructive Testing Level II Inspector/2nd shift NDT Lead at SOUTHWEST UNITED INDUSTRIES
- Machining Operator at COORS TEK
- Machining Operator at EATON CORP
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Drafting/AutoCad
- High school or equivalent
Environmental Health & Safety Officer is responsible for directing the comprehensive environmental health and safety program for Adelphi University by developing a service-oriented environmental health and safety practices. The EHS Officer will be responsible for managing environmental health and safety operations, services and programs.
• Manage, plan, schedule, and assume the overall responsibility for all safety and safety related inspections of buildings, maintenance operations, dormitories, laboratories, and research areas, construction and facilities rehabilitation sites, storage areas, etc. for the purpose of detecting and appraising unsafe conditions or activities.
• Investigate staff, faculty, and student complaints regarding environmental, health and/or safety hazards. Develop and implement corrective action plans for remedying hazards, including engineering controls, remediation and education.
• Serve as liaison to applicable external regulatory agencies and maintain communication with internal department leaders to ensure safe campus-based operations. Represent the Campus with environmental health and safety regulatory agencies
• Manage the Executive Safety Committee as a chairperson and actively participate in University safety related committees.
• Plan, schedule, and coordinate safety training programs for faculty, staff, and students such as Right To Know/Hazard Communication, techniques in hazardous materials handling, hazardous waste management, machine and tool safety, laboratory and chemical safety, the general subjects of fire prevention and occupational and environmental hygiene.
• Perform student, visitor and staff accident/incident investigations. Prepare reports for the Risk manager and Insurance companies.
• Identify, assess, monitor and report enterprise risks related to EH&S including developing and generating enterprise risk profile information for executive leaders and various committees
• Develop, implement and maintain EH&S compliance policies, standards, programs and procedures.
• Develop and maintain EH&S documentation, recordkeeping and databases.
• Prepare and administer annual budgets for the EH&S Office activities.
• Conduct and coordinate site safety, code compliance and environmental compliance audits.
• Recommend and follow up on corrective actions to ensure timely completion.
• Provide consultative services to divisions across the University and major initiatives including major construction projects and programs.
• Maintain up to date knowledge and best practice of environmental, health and safety regulations and keep abreast of changes to laws and regulations through networking, seminars, continuing education and scientific literature.
• Participate in Emergency Response Training and Emergency Response activities.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of the Chemical Hygiene Officer and the Radiation Safety Officer.
• Mentor student workers with respect to operational issues, prioritization of projects and planning, delegation of assignments.
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer at Adelphi University
- Facility Safety Manager at Northwell/Hofstra Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
- Environmental Health Program Manager at 1 - Center for Environmental Health
- Director at Environmental Health and Safety
5 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Occupational Health, and Safety Management
- Bachelor of Science - Biological Science - Public Health
- Associate in Applied Science - Food Science Technology
Responsible for updating, development and management of the Corporate Health and Safety document and programs to meet all field work performed under the ESC contract. Field audits to ensure all proper PPE, safety protocol, JSA are in place and being effective in logging operations, spraying operations and drum storage facilities at CCAFS and PAFB. Updated and added to JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) forms the meet current compliance. Inspect construction site to comply with Florida BMP's and document with forms and reports. Update current certifications list on all employees for OSHA training classes and required classes needed under contract.
Responsible for updating, development and management of the Corporate Health and Safety document and programs to meet all field work performed under the ESC contract.
Field audits to ensure all proper PPE, safety protocol, JSA are in place and being effective in logging operations, spraying operations and drum storage facilities at CCAFS and PAFB.
Updated and added to JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) forms the meet current compliance. Inspect construction site to comply with Florida BMP's and document with forms and reports.
Update current certifications list on all employees for OSHA training classes and required classes needed under contract.
- Health and Safety Officer/Compliance at CTI Companies
- Field supervisor/Compliance at HGL
- Field supervisor at 3E Consultants
- Field equipment manager/safety captain at CRA
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Industrial Technology
- Health and Safety Officer at Rago Enterprises
- Health and Safety Manager at
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - High School Diploma
- High school or equivalent
• Project Manager for Corporate health and safety
• Subject Matter Expert for EM-385 compliance ◦ Authored multiple Accident Prevention Plans including the updated corporate template
• Corporate auditor for all Operations and Maintenance sites
• Oversee corporate safety training initiatives
- Corporate Health and Safety Officer at J&J Worldwide Services
- Site Safety Manager at Aptim Global
- Contractor Safety Coordinator at Albemarle Corporation
- Site Safety Manager at Chicago Bridge and Iron Company
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Safety
- Bachelor of Science - Agricultural Leadership and Development
• Establish systems and provide leadership for the identification and monitoring of workplace safety risks and environmental impact through the analysis of work processes, equipment, and the work habits of employees for 8 facilities throughout the U.S.
• Experience with obtaining and operating in compliance with Title V applications and permits in accordance with the Clean Air Act and Title 40 subpart C Part 71.
• Evaluate solutions, residual risk, and prioritized management action.
• Identify potential or actual areas of non-compliance through audits or inspections.
• Provide leadership through the active management and effective prioritization of EHS activities.
• Facilitate root cause determination, complete accident investigations, and implement of corrective actions.
• Provide employee training for OSHA Maritime Worker/Supervisor qualifications and First Aid/CPR certifications.
• Collected environmental samples to include paint, insulation, groundwater, potable water and feed-water.
• Currently hold OSHA train the trainer Instructor, First Aid, CPR and AED Instructor. Lead Inspector/Lead Risk Assessor/Lead Project Designer/Lead Abatement Supervisor and Asbestos Inspector.
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer at CDI Corporation
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer/Mechanic at Craney Island Fuel Terminal
- Chief Boiler Tech/Safety Officer at U.S. Navy
11 years at this Job
- - TCC. General Studies