13630 50th Way N, Clearwater, FL 33760 A company specializing in Marine Contracting, Engineering, Permitting, Environmental Restoration, and Industrial Sediment Removal in all waters. Health and Safety Officer * Audited final Safe Practices Manual and Dive Plan Submittals for the USACE Kings Bay Sub Base dredging project. * Generated final Safe Practices Manual and Dive Plan submittals for the USACE Trident Wharf dredging project at Cape Canaveral Air Force Base. *Generated Diving Safe Practices Manual, record keeping systems, and initiated diving equipment inventory, maintenance, and certification assurance systems in compliance with the standards of the Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI).
- Health and Safety Officer at Gator Dredging
- Site Safety Manager at FECC, Inc
- Site Safety Manager at Hayward Baker Industries
- Site Safety Manager at Bauer Foundations
4 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Engineering Science/Physics
- M.A. - Physics
- B.S. - Physics
United Arab Emirates.
Major Projects: Main contractors, 86 duplex - villas, Completed at Salamah 1, Umm Al Quwain
Sub contractors, Ongoing 323villas National Housing Estate, at Seyouh - Sharjah
Designation: Health and Safety Officer
Duration: September 2016 - till date.
• Implement HSE policy and procedure related to the workplace under the guidance of the General Manager.
• Establish and maintain professional efficient and effective communication channel with the staff in relation to HSE standards and regulations.
• Carry out routine HSE surveillance to identify and address hazards present in the workplace.
• Coordinate and facilitate the introduction of SSW (Safe System of Work) in order to reduce accident.
• Ensure that HSE Standards and specifications are adhere to without compromise as related to the workplace.
• Record accidents on a daily and monthly basis, analyse the trend to find the root cause.
• Monitor selection, use and care of PPE and other safety equipment used in the workplace.
• Conduct training and supervise lifting activities which could lead to WRULD (Work Related Upper Limb Disorder) among the workers.
• Carry out Risk Assessment and also provide appropriate control measures to be taken.
• Training guards (Permanent or Temporary) on emergency action plan in their respective duty posts
• Overseeing the Services entrance to ensure that all labor workers entering into the Site/Facility for various work are on their appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and properly worn
• Ensuring management compliance with sharjah Health and Safety regulations
• Responsible for training guards on health and safety awareness program based on the hazards related to their job or departments.
• Conducting periodic fire & safety Risk Assessment and audit inspection in all department according to regulation.
• Advising management of any new health and safety regulations.
• Responsible for inspecting of the entire fire detection devices and fire-fighting equipment's.
• Responsible for conducting and monitoring of Fire Drill and Evacuation
• First Aid duties
- Health and Safety Officer at Yanal Building Contracting Company, Sharjah
- Safety Officer at Zerock Construction Company, Imo State
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- B.tech - Agric Economics
- Certificate in Health and Safety
Acts as an advisor to the Chief Executive Officer/Facility Director of a 68 bed in patient acute and residential care, alcohol and drug abuse treatment center, on occupational safety, environmental compliance, and fire protection. Monitor the effectiveness of the safety program as identified in the organization's policies/procedures; conduct periodic inspections of the facility; participates in inspections/surveys by authorities having jurisdiction as directed by CEO/Director, participates in safety related inspections as directed by organization's policies; provides technical assistance on safety, environmental, and fire related issues to the organization; participates in accident investigations and related activities as directed by the organization's policies; participates within the organization's emergency management/operations plan; conducts employee training related to occupational safety, emergency response, environmental compliance, and fire safety.
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer at North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Compliance Safety and Health Officer at North Carolina Department of Labor
- Corporate Safety Manager at Southeastern Container Inc
- Environmental Health and Safety Officer at University of North Carolina - Asheville
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.S. - Occupational Safety
This is a disaster recovery company that is extremely mobile in operation. In my present assignment, I am the Lead Health and Safety Officer overseeing disaster recovery efforts in regard to damages done from the recent hurricane damage at the Cherry Point Marine Base in North Carolina. Project is a water restoration and mold remediation related position requiring: Extensive communication with the public, military base representatives, local construction authority, and construction teams; Management and compliance with all Local, Federal and Military safety protocols; All new hire Health and Safety on-boarding and training VEHICLE / EQUIPMENT - OPERATIONAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE - Class A vehicle - Drum Crusher - Front End Loader - Paver & Roller - Back Hoe - Excavator - Guzzlers - Pettibone - Belt Press - Forklift & Jig - Vacuum tanker -Hydro Blaster
- Site Health and Safety Officer at BMS Cat
- Owner/Operator, Business Owner at Self-Employed
- Project Superintendent/Coordinator at Smith's Waterproofing
- Site Superintendent/Project Manager at Young's Environmental Cleanup Services
1 year, 3 months at this Job
As a Health and Safety Officer, my responsibilities included diligent oversight of site and subcontractor safety, conducting site orientations, mentoring new health and safety officers, leading daily safety tailgate meetings, medical monitoring, and composing thorough work plans. All reporting and documenting was proficiently completed while ensuring compliance with OSHA standards at all times. My experiences with Entact also provided me the opportunity to gain a variety of knowledge in field work in areas including but not limited to air monitoring, field sampling soils, and determining appropriate PPE requirements for workers through identifying potential hazards. I demonstrated flexibility in my position to ensure other work duties outside of my own job description were completed in order to help our site team's productivity upon initial completion of my health and safety tasks. Some of these additional duties included plotting points and surfaces on civil 3D AutoCAD, land surveying, handling I-9 forms, logging timesheets, managing large work crews, and making multi-million dollar decisions for the purpose of keeping work crews performing at top efficiency. This all, in turn, led to a productive site with continued successes.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER at ENTACT, LLC
- SAFETY MANAGER INTERN at SCI LAUREL HIGHLANDS
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SAFETY MANAGEMENT - SAFETY MANAGEMENT
* Periodic safety and occupational health surveys of installation facilities to identify and evaluate risk potential arising from the work activities.
* Offer alternatives for the correction of the risk meet in the safety and occupational health survey.
* In charge of the writing and implementation of the programs of Occupational Safety and Health to fulfill the regulations of the Code of Federal Regulation that apply in the Puerto Rico Port Authority.
* Solve of the complaints made by the Department of Work by violations to the standards of safety and occupational health.
* Evaluate and recommend auctions.
* Inspection of facilities to verify the fulfillment with the dispositions of the American Disability Act.
• Administration of the Procedure of Reasonable Arrangement.
• Evaluate and recommend Requisitions of Purchase related to personal protective equipment.
• Prepare and offer training.
- Health and Safety Officer at Puerto Rico Port Authority
- Director Urban Development Department at Mayaguez Municipal Government
- Engineering Technician at San Juan Municipal Government
- Chief of Operation Division at General Service Administration
15 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Science
Responsibilities Coordinate health and safety systems in the organisation. Conduct inspections and enforce adherence to health codes and food preparation regulations. Identify hazards, assess risks, monitor equipment malfunctions and inspect safety of facility. Advise on accident prevention and occupational health. Ensure employees conform to organisational procedures and safety standards. Report outcome of inspections to general manager daily. Accomplishments This dining facility scored a 96 on Health inspection. Employees were trained on health and safety standards. Management trained on all health code violations and food hazards. Trained employees on storage standards and facility cleanliness. Skills Used Integrity, record keeping, interpersonal, microsoft suite, supervisory, management, inspections, communication
- Health and Safety Officer at Georgia Southern University
- Supply Technician at United States Army
- Logistics Supervisor at United States Army
8 months at this Job
- High school
* Offer hands-on support to the manager on safety and security in the development of new and revised policies and procedures * Work closely with other departments in ensuring compliance with overall center objectives associated with safety and security program * Play a key role as liaison between the center and immediate community on all safety matters * Provide assistance in creating and executing the center's master safety plan, including risk assessment, as well as safety and emergency disaster plans * Preside over orientation and in-service training for staff and students, including Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards to ensure compliance with safety regulations * Organize and manage safety committee meeting with all staff on a monthly basis * Guarantee availability of all fire extinguishers within required locations, along with its working conditions * Prepare and submit reports of departmental activities based on the request of the management, insurance underwriters, Department of Labor (DOL), and other government agencies * Facilitate preventive fire and safety inspections of facilities to identify potential hazards and initiate corrective actions
- Health and Safety Officer at Potomac Job Corps
- Airport Fire Captain at Flour Government Group
- Watch Manager at G-3 Systems-Mazar I Sharif International Airport (NATO), CAT 9 Airport, Location
- Crew Commander at G-3 Systems-Mazar I Sharif International Airport (NATO), CAT 9 Airport, Location
at this Job
The scope of work requires AECOM to perform multiple simultaneous task orders including deep and shallow soil excavations (including PCB contaminated soil); groundwater pump and treat system construction; soil treatment system construction; shakedown, testing, and long term O&M of new and existing remedial systems; GIS and GPS support; establishment and maintenance of an electronic National Data Repository to manage national FAA environmental data; and monitoring and maintenance for the Center's underground storage tank monitoring system (Veeder-Root)
• Conduct Safety Meetings and Site specific orientations to AECOM Union and Non Union Craft
• Site and Facility Audits
• Coordinate Audit Findings to management and FAA.
• Continuous Improvement
• Compliance with Federal, State, and Local Regulations
• Behavioral Safety Observations
• Compose and Audit JSA's/JHA's
• Pre-qualify Safety Process of all subcontractors
• Conduct Safety Meetings and Site specific orientations to subcontractors
• Developed the safety program (AECOM life-saving principles)
• Oversee life-critical program (confined space, excavation, elevated work, lockout/tagout)
• Conduct and Calibrate Air Monitoring Equipment
• Ensure PPE is adequate for tasks at hand
• Conduct safety walk-downs and reviews
• Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis
- Health and Safety Officer at AECOM Union and Non Union Craft
- Safety Coordinator at M&W
- Safety Coordinator at
- Safety Manager at KBR Management
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Environmental Science
• Ensuring that workers work with the appropriate tools and machines
• Ensures that equipment and machines are in good conditions before use
• Ensures that workers abide by all safety rules at the work place
• Inspection of work area before the start of work
• Investigation of accidents at work places
- Health and Safety Officer at THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH, GHANA ASHAIMAN NEWTOWN
- Administrative Assistant (Part time) at THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH, GHANA ASHAIMAN NEWTOWN
- Health and Safety Officer at THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH, GHANA ASHAIMAN NEWTOWN
- Health Promotion Administrative Assistant (National Service) at GHANA HEALTH SERVICE
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- - Business/ Accounting
- - Basic Education Cert. Examination