Not-for-profit that provides oversight of the public mental health system in Easton, Maryland. Behavioral Health Coordinator, crisis services. Oversight of seven behavioral health contracts; assisted with state audits of service providers; grant writing and lead writer/researcher for a regional crisis services strategic plan. October 2011 to August 2018.
- Behavioral Health Coordinator at Mid-Shore Behavioral Health
- Volunteer Maryland/AmeriCorps at Phillips Wharf Environmental Center
- Staff writer at The York Dispatch, formerly York Sunday News
- Content editor at Today
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.A. in journalism - sociology, criminal justice and international relations
Unit Health Coordinator for Surgery Trauma, a 36 bed unit. A 5 bed ICU room as well. Preparing charts for nursing staff, ordering blood from blood bank when required, sending and receiving lab specimens and reports, preparing arm bands and charts to send patients to surgery as scheduled, answering phones, directing visitors according to visitation hours and security protocols.
- Unit Health Coordinator at Clarian Health
11 months at this Job
- None - Associates in applied Science cosmetology
- High school - General Education
The Youth Health Service Corps strives to fix the broken health care system we have set in place. By launching the "5+1=20" Campaign students were taught about the 5 prevalant diseases found killing our underserved community due to the lack of access to early detection testing. Those being; Diabetes, Hypertension, HIV/ AIDS, Breast, Skin & Prostste Cancer and Asthma. As a Youth Health Coordinator I was in charge of not only teaching and training our students on these diseases but recruiting outside organizations like Red Cross to certify students in CPR, Vida Sida to do Hands On safety for HIV as well as nurses & doctors to train the students on how to detect and test for Hypertension & Diabetes. I was also tasked to bring in outside organizations to help promote adding "+1" a healthy lifestyle which included a well balanced diet & exercise. All while organizing a big Health fair after the program where students and organization members would administer free early detection testings to the community. My specific role was to also collect all the Data and create an organized data base for the past 5 - 6 years of progress for the 23 schools we are in.
- Youth Health Coordinator at Youth Health Serice Corps
- Assistant Store Manager at GameStop
- Senior Game Advisor at GameStop
4 years, 6 months at this Job
• Provided trauma-informed care management to pediatric and adult patients, identifying treatment needs, connecting patients to resources, and tracking progress.
• Triaged behavioral health referrals for psychology, psychiatry, and social work. Coordinated scheduling for psychiatrists, psychologist, and graduate students.
• Assisted primary care providers in connecting patients to internal and community resources. Documented connections between patients and resources in EMR (Electronic Medical Records). Followed up with referrals to ensure services were accessed.
• Liaised between specialty providers and primary care providers to facilitate integrated care.
• Tracked quality indicators and prepared reports for behavioral health department and board of directors, including wait time for new patient appointments, number of encounters, and no-show rates.
• Streamlined patient referral process for behavioral health services to shorten time between referral for services and first appointment.
• Obtained information from teachers, principals, school counselors and nurses, special education teachers, and other mental health providers to support psychology and psychiatry assessments and documented in EMR.
• Established and maintained cooperative referral relationships with community agencies, organizations, and professionals; maintained up-to-date referral listing.
• Supported Chief Behavioral Health Officer with tracking grant-/non-grant-related expenses for budget reporting.
• Managed data for monthly and quarterly grant reporting and timely submission to funding agencies.
• Participated in staff in-service programs related to social services and behavioral health. Oversaw provision of continuing medical education (CME) credit for behavioral health in-services.
• Coordinated peer reviews, annual evaluations, and quality improvement projects.
• Developed agenda and kept minutes for department meetings.
• Trained behavioral health coordinator and pediatric care manager on their job role and responsibilities.
- Behavioral Health Coordinator at FAMILY CARE HEALTH CENTERS
- Empowerment Bilingual Services Case Manager at YOUNG WOMEN'S RESOURCE CENTER
- Case Manager at PREGNANCY AID CENTER
- Practicum Student at CHILD WELFARE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, INTERNATIONAL OFFICE
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work in Health - Social Work
My job duties and responsibilities include providing information to providers and members in regards to their managed care organization benefits as well as processing prior authorizations routing work queues to coworkers attending meetings. Started as a Health Coordinator and within 13 months promoted to a Senior position.
- Senior Health Coordinator at Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Financial Analyst at State of New Mexico
- Customer Service Representative at Lovelace Health Systems
- Administrator/Human Resources at Albuquerque Personal Care Services
at this Job
- Diploma - Basic
My position as Community health (coordinator 1) has given me the versatility to work for Patient Support Services, Medical Transportation and assist elilgible clients with Paratransit services . These programs require me to call and confirm appointments; write out check requests for eligible clients, call patients and remind them of their scheduled leave time for medical transports and or inform the client that their travel check is available for pick up. Ensuring the client is following the referral that was given from our Clinician, making certain that the client has knowledge of any and all resources that they are eligible for to follow their care plan. And regularly verifying their medical insurance coverage.
- Community health coordinator at Sophie Trettevick Indian Health Center
- Coordinator I (Community Health) at Sophie Trettevick Indian Health Center
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Early Childhood education
- High school or equivalent
- Some college
-Provides administrative support to managers and work groups. Also handled a wide variety of office duties and special projects. -Assist with claim denials and authorizations -Works independently and handles a wide variety of office duties and special projects, and administrative duties such as setting-up and maintaining files, composing and proofreading documents, collecting and compiling data, and coordinating the flow of reports, invoices, or records. - Prepares or assists in the preparation of regularly scheduled or special reports and projects as directed. Compiles and types statistical reports, using spreadsheet and/or graphic software. - Orders office supplies as necessary. - Maintains Manager's calendar, daily schedule and arranges for meeting rooms. - Maintains recurring internal reports, such as: time and leave reports, office equipment listings, correspondence controls, training plans, etc. - Answers the telephone and screens incoming calls and correspondence. -Ability to screen and assist with with crisis calls for Mental health and Behavioral health patients
- Health Coordinator at Magellan Health Services
- Case Manager/Universal Advocate at Altegra Health
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's in science - Health Administration
- Associate - Psychology
• Provide excellence customer service while making deli food, smoothies, lattes and other health food that the store provides.
• Advise customers with different healthy alternatives to help them reach their wellness goal; includes different diet plans and natural dietary supplements.
- Health Coordinator at Bridge Street Deli and Health Goods
- Worker at All-Ways Care
- Internship at All-Ways Care
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Interdisciplinary Health Services
- - General Studies
As the Health Unit Coordinator in Day Surgery Suite, I was responsible for the overall flow and coordination of activities within the patient care unit. It was imperative to maintain good public relations with patients, visitors, staff, and physicians while preserving the confidentiality of information related to the organization. I also functioned as a preceptor for on-boarding newly hired Health Unit Coordinators, including department onboarding and unit-specific training. Effectively multitasks which includes answering call lights, answering phones, maintains accurate computer skills, etc. Assists with unit projects.
- Unit Health Coordinator at Memorial Health University
- International Nurse Recruiter at O'Grady Peyton International
10 years at this Job
BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE * 8080 N CENTRAL EXPRESSWAY DALLAS, TX 75206 The Health Coordinator facilitates patient continuity of care with the healthcare team. I am responsible for utilizing available resources to ensure patients receive care that is continuous, comprehensive, and coordinated across the care continuum. I work cooperatively with HTPN providers and personnel to carry out the goals and objectives of HTPN, according to established policies and procedures. Initiate contact with patients via phone, e-mail, and written letter to recommend needed services and schedule office appointments. Review Disease Management Reports to identify patients with past due adult preventative, diabetes, and other identified clinical services. Monitor the transition from hospital to home and back to Primary Care Physician. Contact the patient (via telephone) as necessary to ensure completion of follow-up activities. I notify primary care physicians and clinical office staff of issues pertinent to patient care. I work directly with assigned clinics to determine outstanding needs and develop rapport with physicians and staff to assure seamless integration of activities with HTPN Operations. I conduct a review of the patient EHR and/or contact patient in support of special projects identified by department manager or HTPN Disease Management Committee. Performing chart audit, and documenting and maintaining chart audit results. I track and report key measures and communicate with program leaders on status of assigned functions.
- HTPN HEALTH COORDINATOR at Comprehensive Care Management
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT at SOUTHERN ENDOCRINOLOGY & DIABETES ASSOCIATES
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT at BAYLOR SENIOR MEDICAL CENTER
- MEDICAL ASSISTANT at TOWNGATE PLAZA MEDICAL CENTER
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- - CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA