I work as a health educator for the state of Louisiana. I am part of the Louisiana WIC program.
- Health Educator at Office of Public Health
- Paraprofessional at Living Parish Public Schools
- Intern at Livingston Parish Health Unit
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Family & Consumer Sciences
Empower high school students to make healthier decisions while sharpening their positive self-image as my role of a health educator.
- Health Educator at PEER HEALTH EXCHANGE
- Outreach Coordinator at INTERVARSITY
- Customer Service Representative at OFFICE DEPOT
- Barista at STARBUCKS
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - African American Studies & African Diaspora Studies
Health educator for field trip students k-12
- Health Educator at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Front Desk Wellness Specialist at Massage Envy
- Substitute Teacher K-12 at Lee County School District
- Assistant Director at Avid4 Adventure
2 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Educational Leadership
- Bachelor of Education
As a Health Educator my responsibilities include but are not limited to: Identifying community health concerns and assists in planning, implementing and evaluating applicable programs; develops, edits and evaluates educational materials; prepares and disseminates health care information; assists in the development of health education programs and policies; attends and participates in professional meetings and conferences; assists in grant writing; measurement and evaluation etc. I am a certified car seat technician and serve the community with guidance and skills to install car seats safely
- Health Educator at Macomb County Health Department
- Program Specialist- Jefferson North at StayWell Health Management
- Fitness Specialist at Fitness Therapy Unlimited
- Sports Youth Director at Total Sports
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education and Fitness - Health and Physical Education and Fitness
I have been working as a health educator for 18 yrs. I have enjoyed the many lives, I have helped to change and be apart of. This is my passion and always will be.
- Health Educator at BRIDGING ACCESS TO CARE
2 months at this Job
- - motivation and education
Fort Leavenworth, KS
Munson Army Health Center, Army Wellness Center
August 2017- Present
• Assess clients body composition (BodPOD) of body fat and fat free mass to determine a healthy reduction of body fat to prevent health risks related to obesity
• Perform VO2 submaximal cardiorespiratory test to track client's exercise progress and to establish reasonable physical fitness goals
• Create aerobic and strength training exercise prescriptions following FITT-VP model that support the American Council on Sports Medicine recommendations
• Recommend an adequate energy caloric intake perform through FitMate equipment to help clients achieve optimal weight control
• Evaluate client's heart rate variability and coherence levels using EMWave programming techniques such as: Deep Breathing, Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Guided Imagery, and Mindful Medication to provide homeostasis in stress provoking situations
• Educate clients on healthy and sustainable behavior change in using the Transtheoretical Model and coaching them according to their readiness to change through 1:1 sessions or class such as: Healthy Sleep Habits, Upping your Metabolism, Fueling for your Health, Meals in Meals, and Stress Management
- Health Educator at SST ,United States Army Public Health Command
- Health Promotion Technician Fellow at United States Army Public Health Command
- Health Promotion Program Assistant Fellow at Fort Leavenworth's Community Health Promotion Council
- HIV/STI Prevention Program Manager at Vida/SIDA, A Project of the Puerto Rican Culture Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Science
Served as a community and public school health educator, focusing on delivering the highest quality comprehensive education and resources to students and families in Worcester county. Under close supervision of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, I followed, taught, and enhanced proven effective curriculum. I did this by incorporating technology and student centered learning projects in Southbridge Middle/ High school. Our main goals included; reducing the incidence of teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections, increasing knowledge regarding healthy relationships, promoting community and state resources, and teaching students best practices for lifelong health and wellness.
- Health Educator at YOU INC
- Event/ Belay Staff at Central Rock Gym
- Team Lead/Supervisor at Planet Fitness
- Student Teacher at Eastern Connecticut State University
2 years at this Job
- BS - Physical Education/ Health
I implemented a program called Positive Prevention Plus to various school districts in the Kern County area. My job as a Health Educator is to speak to junior high students about the benefits of family planning, as well as help run a teen success program to speak to youth about sexual reproductive health options.
- Health Educator at Clinica Sierra Vista
- Sales Associate at La Boulangerie - Fig Garden Village
- Clinic Assistant at VIP Petcare
- Nutrition Consultant at Clovis Community Medical Center
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Health Administration
- High School Diploma
As a Community Health Educator, I have worked primarily with adult learners and have encountered many different situations. Each unique class has required adjustments to my teaching methods to meet the needs of all students. Having received positive feedback has been rewarding and affirmation that I have been successful in reaching a broad audience.
- Community Health Educator at Main Line Health System
- Consultant at PA Chapter American Academy of Pediatrics
- Adjunct Instructor, Post Baccalaureate Program at Temple University
- Adjunct instructor at Harcum College
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- MA - Education
- RN Refresher Course
- B.S. - Health Science
- A.S. - Registered Nursing
- A.S. - Dental Hygiene
Suffield, CT 2012 - Present
Established in 1989, DFH markets its proprietary brand of research-backed nutritional supplements and other wellness-related products globally. It has 3 primary divisions: Professional Products, Research and Education, and Practice Development.
Health Educator / Outside Representative: Sacramento, CA / Reno, NV
• Represents comprehensive line of high-end nutritional supplements and nutraceuticals, covering Sacramento, CA, and Reno, NV, sales territory.
• Establishes and builds professional, productive relationships with medical practitioners, including chiropractic physicians, naturopathic physicians, and other integrative health / nutrition professionals. ⇨ Educates customer base on health benefits DFH products offer their patients. ⇨ Facilitates customers' business growth by establishing them as DFH partners, which allows their patients direct access to DFH's products and provides an additional revenue stream to the practitioner.
• Supports practitioners' efforts in sales of DFH products though numerous activities, including private labeling and promotion, practice needs analysis, group workshops, and trade show representation.
• Turned lethargic-performing sales territory into thriving revenue generator through strong customer service, prompt problem solving, and building name recognition, all supported by dynamic, energetic sales approach: ⇨ Opened 150 brand-new buying accounts in 48 months and re-established close to 150 dormant relationships, most of which are now purchasing. ⇨ Increased direct sales 382%, $15,200 - $60,000+, in territory to date. ⇨ Signed contracts for total of 15 new private label agreements, up from 0 in 2012.
- Health Educator / Outside Representative at Designs for Health (DFH)
- Physician Liaison at Sutter Health
- Territory Manager at now Pfizer
- Pfizer at now Pfizer
7 years at this Job
- BA - Liberal Arts and Sciences