Biometric screener/ Health Educator
- Biometric Screener/Health Educator at Health Fitness
- Biometric Screener/Health Educator at Health Fitness
- Lead/Biometric Screener at Health Fitness
- Lead/Biometric Screener/Health Educator at Accountable Health Solutions
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Nutrition
• Health Educator for Wellness Services, WellSpan Health
• Manage biometric screenings for entire WellSpan community (15,000 employees)
• Perform educational presentations on various Health Education topics to WellSpan community
• Customer service function to assist employees with questions on WellSpan's incentive structure
- Health Educator at WellSpan Health
- Project Coordinator at The Hospital & Healthsystem Association of Pennsylvania
- Dental Hygienist at Dental Hygiene
- Dental Hygienist at Susquehanna Dental
5 months at this Job
- Master of Education - Health Education
- Associate of Science - Dental Hygiene
- Bachelor's - Health Education - Corporate Based
CHPY health educator, currently working at: Balboa Teen Health Center, Michael Baxter Larkin Street Youth Clinic, Cole Street Clinic, and Special Programs for Youth (SPY)/Juvenile Justice Center.
• Assess training needs, implement trainings, and supervise Balboa's Youth Advisory Board (YAB) to lead advocacy initiatives for youth health care rights and school-based health centers (2004-present).
• Oversee grant proposals, fundraising, and budgets related to the Balboa YAB.
• Collaborate with the Balboa YAB on conducting school-and community-wide Forum Theatre events twice a year, which includes brainstorming of mental health topics, script development, coordinating rehearsals and trainings, and production (2011-present).
• Recruit youth and implement FUERTE group for Balboa newcomer youth.
• Establish, recruit, and retain Patient Advisory Council (PAC) at the Michael Baxter Larkin Street Youth Clinic and Cole Street Clinic.
• Develop health education strategic plan for CHPY clinic sites.
• Manage the planning, coordination, and implementation of health education and substance abuse prevention programs in collaboration with SFUSD and CBOs at Juvenile Justice Center (ended 2/1/2019).
• Work with the MCAH Family Planning Program and San Francisco Health Network (SFHN) on development and coordination of key youth-related initiatives (e.g., coordinating a youth presence on SFHN patient advisory board, Title X Advisory Committee, and Adolescent Health Education Collaborative).
- Health Educator at SFDPH - Community Health Programs for Youth
- Assistant Health Educator at SFDPH - Community Health Programs for Youth
- Instructor at DeVry University On-line
- Parent Skills Facilitator at Youth Guidance Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Health Education
- MPH - Community Health Education
- BS - Animal Science
· Manage and train the health interest group “Peer Health Educator” · Brainstorm and develop health education and promotion programs for the school. · Connect with students that attend Virginia State University, to participate in the health education activities to create awareness, limiting risks factors. · Developed campus presentation for the promotion of the health events and upcoming health awareness such as; announcement flyers, workshop tables and informational booths with facility of Student Health Clinic. · Discuss with physicians, nurses and facility staff member in relation to health education service. · Maintain stable relationship connections with various public health care companies with in the tri-city area.
- Health Educator Intern at Student Health Center
- Sales /Merchandise Associate at Jcpenney
- Administrative Assistant at National Children Center
- Office Assistant/Aide at Dumfries Health Center
4 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - HEALTH SCIENCE
• Developed, implemented and evaluated health education programs and services that promoted wellness, and provided health educator technical assistance to colleagues.
• Acted as a liaison between tribal, state, and local agencies, community organizations, academia, and professional groups.
• Prepared, disseminated, and presented on professional documents, reports, and materials.
• Lead the development, implementation and analysis of HIV screening services using quantitative data.
• Actively participated in and coordinated with Department, Division of Health, community/clinical linkages, training/workforce development, media/communications, and other health promotion efforts.
• Supervised HIV Health Educator, Health Educator and other staff engaged in related work.
• Actively participated in writing revisions to program policies, procedures and protocols, to ensure compliance with State requirements and legal mandates.
- Health Educator I at Navajo Health Education Program and HIV Prevention Program
- Doctoral Researcher at Navajo Health Education Program and HIV Prevention Program
- Health Education Technician at Navajo Health Education Program and HIV Prevention Program
10 years, 11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Public Health - Public Health
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
- Bachelor of Community Health - Community Health
*Administration Committee Leader - Working closely with the Supervisor leading group of 10 Peer Health Educators.As a part of my peer health educator role, I had an increasing interest for advocating for mental health awareness around campus. I chose to volunteer to be a trainer in the Campus Connect College SOS Suicide Prevention Program where I trained my peers. (2015-2016) §I received extensive Gatekeeper training on recognizing signs and symptoms of Mental Health Crisis. (2014) §Created programs and events to supplement the health and wellness needs of student peers at the University. Focused on stress and time-management and alcohol and other drugs programs Helps with facilitating workshops in the Campus SOS program for suicide prevention. §Worked to coordinate the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee chapter of NAMI (National Alliance for Mental Illness) walk
- Peer Health Educator at Norris Health Center
- Retail Associate at TJ MAX
- Ronald McDonald House Volunteer at Ronald McDonald House
- at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Division of Student Affairs
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine - Podiatric Medicine
As a Health Educator my responsibilities include but are not limited to: Identifying community health concerns and assists in planning, implementing and evaluating applicable programs; develops, edits and evaluates educational materials; prepares and disseminates health care information; assists in the development of health education programs and policies; attends and participates in professional meetings and conferences; assists in grant writing; measurement and evaluation etc. I am a certified car seat technician and serve the community with guidance and skills to install car seats safely
- Health Educator at Macomb County Health Department
- Program Specialist- Jefferson North at StayWell Health Management
- Fitness Specialist at Fitness Therapy Unlimited
- Sports Youth Director at Total Sports
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education and Fitness - Health and Physical Education and Fitness
Nutritional health educator with Clovis Unified Continuing Education program. Assisted with lecture education materials and didactic instruction. Health food education and demonstrates. Weight loss and physical education.
- HEALTH EDUCATOR at CUSD CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Lead Ultrasonographer at UNIVERSITY SURGICAL ASSOCIATES
- Didactic and Clinical Instructor at Gurnick Medical Academy
- Lead Ultrasound Technologist at Fresno Imaging Center
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- AS, Certification - Medical Sonography
- AS, Certification - Medical Sonography
- Bachelor of Science - Health Science
- Associate of Science - Health Science
• Partner with health educator
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations to present to deaf middle-and-high-school students
• Input data collection and manage database for intervention activities
• Increase student knowledge of and prepare educational materials for adolescent sexual & reproductive health
- Internship Health Educator at Greater Los Angeles Agency on Deafness
- Peer Health Educator at Klotz Student Health Center Matadors4Wellness
- at Gallaudet University
- Vendor Preparer at Target Field Stadium
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Public Health Promotion
Medical Readiness and Deployment Health Service 1801 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20906
Contract Company: Career Training Concepts 40 hours/week, $35.24/hour
• Provide lifestyle education to service members on health topics to include hypertension, cholesterol, weight management, tobacco and alcohol use, sexually transmitted diseases (STD), sleep hygiene, stress management, vaccinations, and work/life balance
• Provide counseling on deployment-related matters such as sleep hygiene, physical fitness, safe travel, family life, and unplanned pregnancy
• Educate service members on importance of being timely and completing physical requirements
• Provide health education to staff, patients, and service members via webinars, in-class lectures, and one-on-one counseling
• Develop and provide cost-effective health education materials
• Review service members' health risk assessment during Periodic Health Assessment (PHA)
• Provide follow up and on-going counseling as needed
• Assist in teaching quarterly tobacco facilitator courses
• Refer and schedule appointments for service members with appropriate specialists to promote on-going care
• Review and discuss lab results with patients per physician instruction
• Collaborate and maintain inter-departmental relationships to promote wellness activities
• Lead command staff walking challenge
• Assist in Penicillin allergy testing project
• Conduct team building trainings and activities for department staff
• Assist non-local service members in finding healthcare in their area through the Military Health System
• Participate in command health fairs and market the promotion of hospital health education initiatives
• Document patient encounters in the electronic medical records AHLTA, CHCS, HAIMS
• Update service member readiness profiles using AKO, MEDPROS, ASIMS, and MRRS
- Health Educator at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Medical Assistant at The Dermatology Center
- Director at Kids Co. Inc
- Health Educator/Community Health Coordinator at Kids Co. Inc
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Health Science - Health Science
- Bachelor of Science - Community Health