As a Health Information Technician, I scan medical charts and analyze them for completion. I answer phone calls and direct customer walk-ins for their various requests. I make sure all our office equipment and programs are working properly. I work directly with our I.T. department and Meditech to handle any technical issues that may arise. I order office supplies for my department biweekly. My number one emphasis is taking care of our physicians. I assist them with proper training on both Transcription and Meditech systems and help solve any problems that may occur. I work directly with physicians to make sure they get their records completed in a timely manner. I also report any birth defects and deaths we have each month to the state. I run monthly reports for Med Executive showing any delinquencies we have. I take care of many other tasks that come my way and I do my best to complete them in a timely and professional manner.
- HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN at WITHAM HEALTH SERVICES
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - General Studies
Registered Health Information Technician with over 6 years of healthcare, inpatient, outpatient and LTAC services. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, generating official documents, and utilizing electronic medical records and paper charts. Experienced in ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnostic and procedural coding and HCC coding systems. Familiarity with CMS LTRAX, Centauri, Epic, MedHost, Cerner, 3M CAC and HDM systems. Director, Health Information Management, Lower Umpqua Hospital March 2018- Present ♦ Director of health information management, HIPAA Compliance Officer, and Medical Staff Coordinator for the Critical Access Hospital located in Reedsport, Oregon. ♦ Reports cancer registry, coordinates Internal Peer Review and External Peer Review processes, signs invoices, and serves as administrator for Medical Records processes. ♦ Reviews and updates HIPAA policies, facilitate audits based on policies, maintains logs, report violation cases, and handle HIPAA complaints as they arise. ♦ Maintains medical staff complete credentialing files in accordance with Bylaws, and state requirements.
- Registered Health Information Technician at 3M CAC and HDM systems
- Remote HCC, Risk Adjustment Coder, at Remote HCC, Risk Adjustment Coder, Oxford HIM
- Manager at Select Specialty Hospital
- Medical Records Technician, University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System
10 months at this Job
- Associate in Applied Science degree in Health Information Management - RHIT
Dallas, Texas March 2016 - November 2018
Patient Account Representative/Health Information Technician II
● Prepped, scanned and indexed Emergency Room charts and patient records through the HPF system.
● Assisted with Emergency Room chart analysis.
● Assisted the DRA with various administration assistant duties.
● Resolution of patient billing issues, payments, complaints and refunds - postal responsibilities.
● Processed all legal requests.
● Accounts payable and receivable for all patient accounts.
- Patient Account Representative/Health Information Technician II at Conifer Health Solutions/City Hospital at White Rock
- Medical Administrative Assistant at Lake Pointe Women's Center
- Assistant Community Sales Manager/Corporate Administrative Assistant at Standard Pacific Homes
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certification of Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Associates of Professional Secretary - Woodrow Wilson High
As a health information management technician, I process claims for patients insurances. I audit for Medicaid and Medicare. Analyze and process charts for and mistake made by staff.
- Health Information Technician at Diamond Healthcare Corporation
- werehouse worker at DAN DANIELS DISTRIBUTION
- Cashier/Customer Service at Dollar general
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Health Information Management
- Associate - Medical Assistant
*ProcessRelease of Information * Responsible for the processes of electronic health record * File and scan cardiology documents and images *Maintain record filing system *Scan and file patient authorizations for insurance *Review medical records for completeness and accuracy *Receive and return medical records calls and request as needed * Attended medical staff meetings
- Health Information Technician II at Centura Health
- Health information manager at Peak View Behavioral Health
- Health information analyst at Cedar Springs Hospital
- Medical records clerk/Patient service representative at ABC Pediatrics
3 years, 3 months at this Job
Anthony, TX USA Hours per Week: 40 Series 0007 Plan:GL Grade7 Registered Health Information Technician RHIT Supervisor: Kelly Pierce, Public Health Commander, Health Department Administrator As a Registered Health Information Technician for the Bureau of Prisons for fourteen years at FCI La Tuna, I have gained extensive knowledge on the policy and procedure of the institution and the department. I currently hold and Associated of Applied Science Degree in Medical Records Management and was certified and accredited thru the American Health Information Association (AHIMA). I possess a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and ethical values. I have served in four committees which include the Utilization Review Committee, Quarterly Medical Review Committee, Governing Body Committee and the Contract and Bidding Committee. I have assisted in the completion and solicitation and offer award suggestions, evaluation and forms for our contract medical scheduling services. I have provided input to supervisors and administration regarding the services offered and revised the specifications and conditions of the proposed contracting agencies. I coordinate the appropriate personnel to manage, supervise and perform administrative work to meet procedural, legal and administrative requirements concerned with admission, treatment, transfer and discharge of patients. I plan, organize, implement and test medical records utilization review, quality assurance, and risk management programs. I make competent sound decisions to improve policies, forms and workflow improvements. I generate minutes, memorandums, quarterly reports and study reports to include graphing and presentations for staff. I conduct monthly audits on medical record documentation and produce monthly and quarterly reports and percentage statistical findings report on outcome. I have prepared purchase orders and request for purchases and have obtained fund control numbers and cost containment comparisons. I have obtained quotes and researched information and compare costs on medical equipment and supplies as well as maintain inventories. Was NCIC certified for twelve years and I prepared and abstracted security background checks for contract employees, visitors, and inmates as deemed necessary by the institution. I possess the ability to pay attention to detail and I communicate effectively with staff, inmates and the general public. I have provided assistance to several Health Services Administrators, ACA, Program Review personnel and to Regional Health Services Administrators in the abstracting and analyzing of medical information. I provide training updates to staff on Policy Program Statements that keep the department abreast with regulations and standards of Joint Commission on Accreditation on Health Care Organizations (JCHAO). I have prepared and maintained time and attendance and utilized the inmate pay program. I prepare interoffice memorandums, medical inmate trips, Tort Claims, Freedom of Information Act requests (FOIA), BP9 responses and Affidavits. I have provided staff with continuing medical education training on new trends and information in the medical field such as the electronic medical record(BEMR), HIPAA and legal issues. Data entry into systems such as BEMR and SENTRY and effectively and appropriately maintaining schedules of various clinics to include optometry, psychiatry and orthotics. Computerized medical records coding utilizing ICDM codes and disease indexes. Screens and handle telephone calls appropriately and effectively. I have exceptional communication skills both written and spoken. I am a self starter and motivated individual I work productively under little or no supervision and I have the ability to effectively multi-task. I assimilate rapidly to promptly become a productive team member and leader and have great interpersonal skills with various types of individuals. I am committed to professional and personal growth and have represented the Bureau of Prisons with high demeanor of professionalism and integrity at institutional job fairs, career days and at local community events. I have assisted potential employees at job fairs and career days and have clearly and effectively conveyed hiring process information. I have provided staff with yearly CPR training as an instructor and have been active in the Hostage Negotiations Team. I have supervised both staff and inmates in a teaching and working capacity. Worked inmate housing units and supervised up to three hundred fifty inmates per shift. Worked with the Department of Homeland Security to gather DNA samples and fingerprints on incoming inmates and information input into databases.
- Registered Health Information Technician RHIT at Bureau Of Prisons/ FCI La Tuna
- Medical Records Technician at St. Jude International Cancer Associates
- Patient Account Representative at Columbia Medical Center
- Clinical Experience I at Southwestern General Hospital
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science degree - Applied Science
Relocated to Miami from Oklahoma / actively seeking employment
Ciox Health February 2018 - November 2018
Health Information Technician/Insurance Verification Specialist
• Ensure that information maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security in both paper files and electronic systems
• Organize and maintain data for clinical databases and registries
• Track patient outcomes for quality assessment
• Complied with federal regulations, including HIPAA provisions
• Electronically record data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval and reporting
• Entered pertinent information in a timely manner while paying special attention to detail.
• Verified insurance information by phone as well as via website, updated files with the most accurate coverage updates
• Updated insurance codes to ensure claims process successfully
• Communicated with both patients and primary care physicians (PCP's) and/or specialists in regards to standings
• Faxed and emailed LOMN (letter of medical necessity) with clinical notes to provider for authorizations
- Health Information Technician/Insurance Verification Specialist at Gap
- Junior Processor at Trust Mortgage Lending Corporation
- Administrative Assistant at NC Marketing
- Cashier / Sales Associate at Toys R US
9 months at this Job
- General Education Diploma
• Compile, process, and maintains medical records of hospital patients.
• Proficient in managing hospital charting system.
• Process, maintain, compile, and report patient information for health requirements and standards according to the HIPPA law.
• Maintains high standard of customer service to patients, and staff.
• Assists subordinates, and management in identifying and resolving problems
- Health Information Technician at Mount Sinai Hospital
- Teller Supervisor at MB Financial Bank
11 years at this Job
• Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
• Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards.
• Provide customer service and assistance related to departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, or through email.
• Performs the document imaging function including: scanning, Quality Control and Validation, and meet productivity standards.
• Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet productivity standards.
• Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR.
- Health Information Technician at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
- Health Information Technician at Scripps Mercy Hospital
11 years at this Job
- Certificate - Coding
Worked with the information department learning about data management techniques relating to health information, medical records, medical coding for insurance claims, and handling release of information requests. Gained experience in the coding department using CAC software while complying with all laws, regulations, and hospital policies.
- HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNICIAN (INTERNSHIP) at Evans Memorial Hospital
- LYFT DRIVER, Lyft at
- CONTENT AUTHOR at
1 month at this Job
- ASSOCIATE DEGREE - HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY