Assist Health Information Director as required. Oversee the process of all support staff related duties and calculate and monitor productivity. Ensure accuracy of calculating chart delinquencies. Receive, place and transfer calls using appropriate telephone etiquette; handles telephone information request with courtesy, accuracy, and respect for patient confidentiality. Ensure receipt of all ER records, Outpatient, Outpatient Surgery and 23.9 hour Observation records. Assemble content of record into established order. Ensure that each form in the medical record bears the name and medical record number for that particular patient. Forward all records to coder. Assist with release of information to patient and/or families, representatives of insurance companies, or any other person who might present to the Health Information Department. Ensure that all records are checked in and out of the department. Ensure all labs, x-ray and/or other pertinent information received after discharge is filed on the appropriate record. Oversee the process of retrieving charts for physician completion. Pull records for other department personnel for chart review. Check Outpatient Surgery, ER, OBS records for deficiencies and key into computer. Maintain Death and Birth Logs for Vital Statistics. Enter Birth and Death information into Electronic Birth and Death Record for Vital Statistics. Manage and perform multiple audits including but not limited to medical record review, delinquent reports, mortality rate report, observation comparison review, Medicare observation comparison review, dictation/transcription turnaround time, History and Physical timeliness and completeness, admits by DRG, performance improvement review, etc. Transcribe reports as needed. Edit all transcribed reports as needed. Develop policies and procedures for Health Information Technicians. Prepare and initiate in-service programs for the Health Information Technicians. Ensure compliance with JCAHO standards for ROI, and other HIM Technician duties. Review all invoices for the Health Information Department for accuracy and prepare check request for accounting. Work with physicians to complete delinquent charts and queries.
- Health Information Technician Coordinator at Decatur Morgan Hospital, Health Information Department
- Release of Information Clerk at Southern Records Management Corporation
- Office Manager/Bookkeeper at Great Southern Engineering, Inc
- Health Information Technician Clerk at Parkway Medical Center
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- A.A.S. - Management
- AAS - Accounting
Kansas City, MO, 2017- present
A regional psychiatric care provider for children, adolescents, and their families in Kansas City, part of the larger Saint Luke Health System Health Information Technician
Organizing and maintaining medical records for facility
• Collecting and breakdown of charts after discharge
• Scanning medical
• Assisting with Release of information requests
• Purging inactive records
• Correct documentation before entry into medical record
• Assisted visitors in obtaining locations, information, and answering inquiries
• Scheduled appointments, provide information, and forward calls
- Health Information Technician at CRITTENTON CHILDREN'S CENTER
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT at SAINT LUKE'S EAST HOSPITAL
- Receptionist at CRITTENTON CHILDREN'S CENTER
- Switchboard Operator at TRUMAN MEDICAL CENTER
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate Degree - Health Information Technician Program
- Working as mental health information technician at Dayton Correctional Institution - Maintain accuracy and confidentiality of electronic records in eClinicalWorks as well as paper records - Keep detailed logs of mental health-related occurrences - Keep warden and other administrative staff apprised of suicide watches and caseload changes - Record minutes in staff meetings and treatment team meetings - Schedule appointments and issue inmate passes - Answer mental health crisis calls and inform assigned therapist to ensure prompt treatment - Pick up letters from inmates, assign them to the proper therapist, and deliver the answered letters back to inmates - Work to ensure compliance with government regulations and department policies pertaining to mental health in correctional institutions - Assist nursing staff with obtaining signatures on medication orders from remote physicians
- Mental Health Information Technician at ATC Healthcare
- Freelance Copywriter at Various Online Content Brokers
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Billing and Coding
As a Health Information Technician there are many task that I complete everyday among those are data entry, coping, scanning, faxing, scheduling multiple appointments, charting, filing, organizing, answering, forwarding phone calls. I am very familiar with all Microsoft office programs. I type inbetween. I am also familiar with specialized programs for the DR&C.
- Health Information Technician at ATC @ Madison Correctional Institution
8 months at this Job
- Certificate of 2 year Completion - Nursing 1 & 2
- High school - General
4801 E Linwood Blvd. Kansas City, MO 64128 United States 11/2015 - 06/2018 Hours per week: 40 Series: 0675 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 7-2 Health Information Technician (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: x Supervisor: Mandeep Bhullar (816-861-4700 ) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Health Information Technician at Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Head Administrator at CyberSouthern Computer Services
- Medical Support Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Retail Associate at Veterans Canteen Service
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Credits
Dallas, Texas March 2016 - November 2018
Patient Account Representative/Health Information Technician II
● Prepped, scanned and indexed Emergency Room charts and patient records through the HPF system.
● Assisted with Emergency Room chart analysis.
● Assisted the DRA with various administration assistant duties.
● Resolution of patient billing issues, payments, complaints and refunds - postal responsibilities.
● Processed all legal requests.
● Accounts payable and receivable for all patient accounts.
- Patient Account Representative/Health Information Technician II at Conifer Health Solutions/City Hospital at White Rock
- Medical Administrative Assistant at Lake Pointe Women's Center
- Assistant Community Sales Manager/Corporate Administrative Assistant at Standard Pacific Homes
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certification of Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Associates of Professional Secretary - Woodrow Wilson High
43207) Counting drawers Dropping Off Deposit to the banks. Getting Change for the store. Receiving truck Stocking the Store Checking in/ Checking out Vendors Releasing Payroll. Cleaning Store/ Parking lot areas Health Information Technician Alpha Rae Personnel/ Correction Reception Center. 11271 ST RT 762 Orient Ohio 43146 Scheduling Physicals For The Doctors. Classing inmates to ride out Making charts for medicines Calling County Jails for Inmate Transfer Sheets Handing out papers to new intakes Pulling charts for physicals the next day Preparing Inmate Medical Charts for transport to other institutions. Gathering Inmate medication to transport to other institutions. Scheduling appointments for outside appointments for Inmates Doing Preps for appointments Receiving and sending out Record Request Scanning documents into patients Electronic charts
- Health Information Technician at Alpha-Rae
1 year, 8 months at this Job
WARREN CORRECTIONAL) Diligently filed. Generated a daily pass list. Kept a log of our current caseload. Prepared and maintained forms, reports, logs, records. Scanned documents into ECW. Produced monthly reports using advanced Excel spreadsheet functions. Reviewed medical records for completeness and filed records in alphabetic and numerical order. Assist in preparation of monthly medication compliance excel spreadsheets. Assign new intakes to staff daily. Assign kites to staff daily. Answer Phones. Assist with pulling documentation for Audits. Pack up files that are being transferred or released. Assist with typing the mandated medication requests.
- Health Information Technician at HEALTH INFORMATION TECH
- at PRE SCANNER, DEALERTRACK
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - License Practical Nurse
- DIPLOMA - Medical Coding and Billing
As a Medical Records And Health Information Technician, I retrieved and compiled data in an office setting. Keeping all information private and using tact to ensure proper placement, storage and filing of records and information. I also would relieve the front office manager in the event of an absence to fulfill to duty of receptionist/ office assistant.
- Medical Records And Health Information Technician at Johnston Ambulance Service
- Psychiatric Technician at O'Berry Neurological Treatment Center
- Production Planning And Expediting Clerk at Butterball, LLC
3 years at this Job
- Diploma in Medical Coding - Vocational
- Associate - Medical Office Administration
- Certificate in Medical Insurance
• Enter all required clinical information onto flowsheet
• Scan patient information/records onto electronic chart and mark for review when required
• Prepare and send records/documents with proper consents to other healthcare providers
• Accurately enter all required information into EMR, including labs
- Health Information Technician at CAN Community Health
- Medical Administrative Assistant at Vesta, Incorporated
- Administrative Account Analyst at
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- AAS in Business Administration - Business Administration