Maintain insurance enrollment and premium records for state employees and all other subscribers -Determine eligibility for insurance programs -Complete familiarity with state insurance and supplemental insurance programs offered to state employees -Maintain SEIB files, enrollments, dependent student eligibility, and departmental billing/ account receivable -Offer customer support to employees while updating and maintaining client information -Heavy written and oral communication with subscribers and payroll/personnel officers -Perform transactions in accordance with SEIB policy and procedures -Various administrative duties include payroll report process, preparing reports, and direct mailings Marketing & Communications Manager (10 years), God Kingdom, Inc. Montgomery, AL -Supervise a staff of 5 in self-entrepreneurial non-profit venture -Market motivational and improvement programs primarily to smaller ministries and non-profit organization -Responsible for planning, presenting, marketing, and coordinating all activities to establish and maintain relationships with clients while maximizing client/service needs and wants -Extensive use of PowerPoint, Excel and data management applications -Position experience is concurrent with position as Health Insurance Specialist Vista Aid (2 years), Department of Human Resources, Prattville, AL -Marketed a number of social services to need-based families and community organizations -Specialized in Elder Abuse, Adoption placements, Family Guardian and Family Assistance programs -Maintained communication and service support via direct mail, phone, and on-site visits -Managed and generated weekly status reports and presented information to various executive supervisors Marketing Support Associate (1 year), Alfa Insurance, Montgomery, AL -Assisted with coordinating and marketing insurance services for Alfa sales agents -Processed and organized client data -Handled direct mailings to end subscribers/clients Catastrophic Insurance Agent (3 years), Jess Jordan Insurance, Prattville, AL -Sold catastrophic insurance in the Montgomery/Elmore county region via cold calling, appointments, and direct marketing efforts -Developed sales forecasts and strategy for long-term client retention -Heavy research in determining potential clients and communicating firm's package of insurance services
- Health Insurance Specialist at State Employees' Insurance Board
20 years, 11 months at this Job
- B.A. - Ministry of Theology
assisted customers with purchasing marketplace healthcare plans responded to emails and web chats processed claims worked with pharmacy contacts processed healthcare ID cards handled billing payments performed troubleshooting
assisted customers with purchasing marketplace healthcare plans
responded to emails and web chats
worked with pharmacy contacts
processed healthcare ID cards
handled billing payments
- Health Insurance Specialist at Broadpath health insurance- work from home
- Customer Service Representaive(Work From Home) at IT Specialist
- Super Q Agent at FSAIC-General Dynamics
- Customer Service Agent at Walmart.com
2 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Duties required- making outbound phone calls and asking certain health questions regarding applicants Health insurance, verifying and correcting any or all information that was already on application per agent.
- Health Insurance Specialist at EMSI
- Application Specialist at C3/CustomerContactChannels
1 year at this Job
Support Mass Health (Massachusetts); Medicaid and Medicare Buy-In members.(Inbound and Outbound calls) Billing and health insurance claims processing of Beneficiary, Providers, Health Maintenance Organization (HMO). Checking Co-Insurance, Co-pays, Fee-For-Service. Deliver excellent bilingual customer service experience to insured recipients of all ages. In depth knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations to protect the health insurance information of clients. Use of MMIS (Medicaid Management Information System) to carry out the following tasks: Check Medicaid ID #s and coverage status. Check for submitted PA(Prior Authorizations) for prescription medications, PCA (Personal Care Attendants) and DMEs (Durable Medical Equipments). Order Medicaid recipients ID cards to members. Check for LTC (Long Term Care) recipients and status. Enroll members into health plans with their chosen health providers. PCC Plan (Primary Care Clinician Plan). Check for TPL (Third Party Liability) coverage. Managed care enrollment; MCO & ACO; (Managed Care Organisation & Accountable Care Organisation roles. Use of OPTUM Health system to enroll members, check eligibility maintain information in such areas as provider enrollment; client eligibility, benefit package maintenance; managed care enrollment and claims processing. Knowledge of member's copay, Fee For Service, health premium deductibles and limited coverage using Safety Net.
- Health Insurance Specialist at Panther Group, Maynard, MA onsite in Virginia with contract employer
- Entry Level Insurance Associate at Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)
- Health Insurance Representative at Humana
- Tech Support Analyst at Orange Telecommunications
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Oracle Database Management Course
- Higher National Diploma - Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified Professional - MSQL
- National Diploma - (OND), Mass Communications
- High School Diploma - Science
Adhering to HIPAA policies and keeping patient information confidential and sharing it only on a need-to-know basis, while maintaining patient's privacy.
● Enrolling new customers in affordable health insurance through the http:healthcare.gov website.
● Comparing different health insurance plans provided by the Affordable Healthcare Act and assisting customers with selecting the best insurance plan for their needs and budget
● Corresponding directly with the insurance companies to obtain benefits provided to the customer and verifying their pharmaceutical eligibility and documenting it
● Collaborating with various insurance companies and physician offices on authorization required by the payer
● Handling referrals and documenting them in a spreadsheet, so the team members can be paid according to the number of referrals they brought in during that pay period
● Providing answers to customer's questions while maintaining high standards of customer service and documenting all communication with physician's offices, insurance companies and patients
● Organizing and scheduling meetings with customers in case the need to come to the office and speak to someone in person about their health insurance
● Providing administrative and business support to CEO of the Insurance Company
● Answering and redirecting calls to appropriate parties and taking down messages for the CEO
● Preparing Executive responses to routine memos, letters, emails and other correspondence
● Creating and maintaining invoice and different spreadsheet, including total members enrolled, expense, reports, insurance companies supported, etc
● Scheduling and conducting job interviews for new positions in the company and providing updates to the CEO for hiring purposes
● Training new staff and bringing them up-to-speed about the business within a week of their employment
● Holding staff meeting and briefing the CEO on a weekly basis
- Health Insurance Specialist at Ameritex International Inc
- Pharmacy Technician at Vita Med Pharmacy
- CPA at Aidan & Associates, LLP
- Personal Banker at United Central Bank
11 months at this Job
Works independently and sells life, health, accidental death, critical illness, and accidental medical insurances. Common duties are detecting potential clients, promoting insurance options, developing protection plans, determining the clients' needs and financial situation, and constantly training for the job. Consistent motivation for sales, good math skills, interpersonal and communication skills, persuasion, and organization. Always researching and learning new and innovative approaches to finesse my sales techniques.
- Health Insurance Specialist at MP & ASSOCIATES
- Administrative Assistant at Advanced Data Cabling and Consulting Inc.
- Personal Vacation Advisor at Walt Disney World Travel Company
- Inbound Vacation Advisor at Hilton Grand Vacations Club
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Manage, create, and organize health data using health information systems and electronic health records software programs to maintain data integrity, quality, accuracy and security. While helping providers and insurance members with their claim status and benefits of their particular insurance plan.
- Health Insurance Specialist at HealthSCOPE Benefits
- Health Insurance Agent at Admission Special
- Human Resource Recruiter at Contact Us
- Customer Service Representative at
1 year at this Job
- High School Diploma
This position allows me to sell and negotiate health insurance to match the needs of clients, refer clients to independent brokers, or work as an independent broker. I am also able to develop relationships with prospective clients through networking and referrals.
- Health Insurance Specialist $18.00/hr at eHealth
- Leasing Consultant $15.00/hr at Oakwood Management Company
- Financial Consultant (Remote) $17.00/hr at PNC Financial Services Group
- Temporary Floating Teller I $12.00/hr at Huntington Bank
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Management
• Assess clients' personal and health related needs over the phone and enroll clients into health insurance plans based on individual circumstance.
• Educate clients on healthcare regulations, costs, benefits, and restrictions specific to their state.
• Assist clients by enhancing their current plans with supplemental benefits for increased sales.
• Abide by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
• Provide Customer Service every day to individuals within my book of business.
- Health Insurance Specialist at US Health Advisors
- Ski Instructor at Vail Resorts
- Sailing Instructor at Boy Scouts of America Florida National High Adventure Sea Base
- Lead Bartender/Server at Morton's Gourmet Market
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities
Full Time 40-hour work week * Responsible for processing medical insurance claims, and maintaining patient records in various health care settings * Auditing and quality assurance skills, detail-oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills, and knowledge of Medicare regulations * Billing, coding, quality-management, forms, and processes * Strong ability to use database and contact management software
- Health Insurance Specialist at Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Veteran Service Officer Assistant at North Carolina State Veterans Home
- Corporate Trainer/Key Hourly Manager at TGI Fridays
- Assistant Store Manger at Samsonite
11 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy in General Psychology - Performance Psychology
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration - Health Care Administration