Greenbelt, MD 2017-2019 Closed 2 Consortium Partnerships. Managed the 1st HPRC Opioid Symposium from inception to completion. Sr. Health Policy Analyst/Consortium Manager - Federal and State Agencies (Colleges & Universities) Federal Program Manager for a $2 million contract Developed HPRC's social media platforms. Produced HPRC Health Radio Podcast, Blog and online Video Series on Health Disparities. Invited to join CTIS' Innovation Team within the first 6 months of employment. Reviewed federal government solicitations through CRM. Managed the HPRC Federal Research Consortium Program through an NIH/NIMHD Grant. Served as the Federal Relationship liaison to FDA, NIH, CMS and SAMSA for federal contracts/grant opportunities. Under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), I partnered with other Federal Contractors on proposals for BPA's. * Led the Solicitation Response Team on Federal Government Contract opportunities. Reviewed daily offerings through services like IntelliSearch, FBO, Govwin and Health.gov. I reviewed CISP's to determine the profitability and loss. * Approached Government Contracting with a Consultative/Relationship Management Approach. To increase a greater overall outcome for the Health-Informatics/IT side of the company, I generated relationships with key decision makers. * Developed strategic plans that promoted health policies that impacted minority health and health disparities. Analyzed and researched polices/data that impacted the Federal Region 3. Work with Science Officers to analyze data to develop published papers. * Provided inter-departmental information for research to community leaders. Worked with local research agencies to develop viable health programs and services.
- Sr. Health Policy Analyst/Consortium Manager - Federal and State Agencies at The Health Policy Research Consortium/CTIS
- at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Associate Account Manager at KAISER PERMANENTE
- Federal Enrollment Specialist at KAISER PERMANENTE
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Political Science
•Evaluate HIPAA and compliance regulations to forecast future business while maintaining regulatory compliance for both internal and external stakeholders via provider enrollment.
•Track regulatory concerns and changes related to Medicaid and provider enrollment on the state level.
•Conduct training sessions and maintain trackers regarding appropriate referral unit utilization, keying changes, claims discrepancies associated with the ZIP+4 project / Institutional Un-Collapsing Project & provider re-validation suspensions.
•Ability to utilize e PREP and MMIS for advanced data mining allowing the input of information into multiple databases maintaining the efficacy of provider records.
•Analyze quantitative and qualitative data gathered by studies conducted on a number of issues throughout the state: terminating hybrid provider files, rate report de-duplication's, application reports and the determination of appropriate re-validation suspensions.
•Collect and document data changes regarding the ZIP +4 project /Institutional Un-Collapsing Project and re-validation suspensions.
•Key contributor in meeting departmental goals while executing tactical strategies for goal attainment; ex: 10,000 provider re-validation suspensions across all departments; Institutional Un-Collapsing Project
•Liaise with providers during the course of the project engagement, including communicating project updates, presenting key milestones, project issues and managing different client stakeholders: John Hopkins University Hospital, Atlantic General Hospital & Capital Digestive Care (claims and billing discrepancies relating to the ZIP+4 project /Institutional Un-Collapsing Project.)
•Provide analytical and administrative support to leadership regarding the development of department workflows, project plans, policies and procedures for new and temporary employees.
•Identify opportunities to improve and enhance analyses and information provided to providers & program staff; ex: assisting providers via the delegated e-mail account / referrals.
•Assist in quality control analysis to ensure provider satisfaction and performance guarantees are met and/or exceeded. Systems / analytics testing for e PREP & Health Track
- Health Policy Analyst at Maryland Department of Health
- Chemist / LCMS Analyst at Realtox Labs
- Part-time Bartender at Ryleighs Oyster
- GRADUATE LEVEL INTERNSHIP at Ryleighs Oyster
11 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Public Health
Researched and advocated various issues and concepts to help improve the health care system
● Prepared reports, graphs, briefs, presentations and other modules for reference and submission to the senior level management
● Organized meetings, seminars, and conferences on health policies
● Supported ASTHO committees and task forces including the policy committee and national peer groups
● Participated in evaluating project activities and outcomes and other quality improvement initiatives sponsored by the organization
- HEALTH POLICY ANALYST at ASTHO
- CONTRACTOR at Trystin Kier Company
- ASSOCIATE SPECIALIST at APHL
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Responsible for supporting Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) within HHS. This includes data analysis, assisting a Tier II policy help desk, policy research, analytical writing, and process improvement. In addition, writing updates to client documents such as public instructions and standard operating procedures, researching guidance and regulations, drafting answers to policy help desk questions, documenting decisions, analyzing data using spreadsheets or other analytical tools, presenting complex data in easy-to-understand presentations, and working in a team.
- Health Policy Analyst at LMI
- Program Support Specialist at EDJ Associates, Inc. / National Science Foundation
- Patient Care Coordinator at The LASIK Vision Institute
- Program Coordinator Intern at Vietnamese American Services
1 month at this Job
- Master of Public Health (MPH) - Health Disparities
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Government and Public Policy
- Health Policy Analyst II at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
9 months at this Job
Manage vaccines for statewide immunization program
• Accountable for all vaccine purchasing and distribution of $45M State Supplied Vaccine program
• Develop and rollout of new on-line vaccine ordering system
• Implementation of a system of purchase, distribution, and tracking of vaccines.
• Review and process all vaccine contract invoices
• Monitor and track insurance assessments and prepare annual report for legislature
• Managed new program guidelines for enrollment and certification of physician practices
• Developed and coordinated the training of physician offices in vaccine accountability, storage and handling procedures
• Managed the development of Centralized Distribution of vaccines through a national program
- Health Policy Analyst (Vaccine Manager, Immunization Program) at Rhode Island Department of Health
- Vice President at Professional Staffing Assoc
- Director, Chapter Services at American Red Cross of Rhode Island
- Project Consultant, Rhode Island Department of Health at DataLogics Consulting, Incorporated
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Business Admin
· Analyze municipal legislation and produce strategic recommendations for the Borough President's Office. Past examples include developing policies to address lead exposure, pesticide application, mental health, substance abuse · Collaborate with diverse community stakeholders in task force meetings to monitor plans for community development projects · Coordinate logistical operations between government agencies and offices of elected officials · Draft correspondence, talking points, minutes, and provide clerical support for executive staff · Review of government and community affairs for all Manhattan based Health + Hospital facilities · Conduct community outreach to investigate and relay constituent concerns · Multidisciplinary project planning
- Health Policy Analyst at Manhattan Borough President's Office
- Landscaper at Stanford Scapes
- Manager at Marumba Bar & Restaurant
- Teacher at Bright Future International Training and Services
8 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health in Health Policy and Management - Public Health
- Bachelor of Arts in English - English
Responsible and accountable for the coordination of multiple projects and meeting objectives
• Work directly with clinical lead or principal investigator of project, providing direct input into strategic planning, development management processes, and project management from conception through development cycle
• Provide guidance to data analysts on analytical plans, conduct and monitor data management for the study, in collaboration with study data analyst
• Coordinate, plan, and facilitate meetings, activities, and events for stakeholders internally and externally
• Contribute to process optimization by sharing best practice development, lessons learned, and process input
• Prepare key documentation to maintain and manage progress of project deliverables and tasks
• Confer with administrative officer to ensure project is within budget specifications
• Assist with completion of applications to Institutional Review Board
• Use of Trello (Agile) as project management tool to manage workflow and ensure deadlines are met within a timely manner
• Maintain strong working relationships with members of project team to facilitate effective communication
- Health Policy Analyst II/ Program Coordinator at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Public Health Consultant at Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- SAMHSA Prevention Fellow at Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Clinical Research Associate at Molecular Pathology Laboratory Network, Inc
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Public Health - Epidemiology
- Bachelor's - Biological Sciences
• Support Defense Health Agency (DHA) in drafting Health policy for Military Health System
• Assist in DHA’s effort to minimize the use of Opioids with appropriate prescribing guided by Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG)
• Provide training to Opioid project champions
• Make educational material including Opioid CPG binder.
• Organize annual substance use disorder symposium of Walter Reed National Medical Center
• Advance Patient Safety through Systems Thinking and Design Chair of the Patient Safety Committee
• Identify and Mitigate Patient Safety Risk Oversee Regulatory Compliance from a Risk Management perspective
• Facilitator of the Bio Ethics Committee and the Patient Grievance Committee
• Work closely with senior leadership, corporate and defense counsel, department directors and corporate associates, patients, visitors and medical and allied health staff for consultation on Risk Management issues/concerns
• Oversee all aspects of risk identification and management for the organization’s loss control program
• Ensure that risks are minimized by investigating and acting on all regulatory survey reports/recommendations
• Represent Risk Management at Medical and Surgical Peer Review, Quality Council, and other departmental meetings
• Provide comprehensive risk management education and orientation program
• Increase Patient Safety Awareness and Practice among Clinicians and Staff
• Collaborate with VP of Quality in annual proactive risk assessment Investigate and respond to all patient/family grievances and complaints Conduct root cause analyses in response to unexpected occurrences which caused or may cause serious physical injury
• Track and analyze data for trending and develop appropriate action plans and risk modification strategies in conjunction with the VP of Quality
• Analyze hospital-acquired conditions, validation of compliance with bundles and determination of corrective action plans as necessary
- Patient Safety, risk management and health policy analyst at Defense Health Agency - DoD (RWD consulting)
- Case Manager at CAREMETX LLC
- Medical Reserve Corp at CHESAPEAKE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (VDH)
- Intern/Practicum at Alzheimer's Association
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Masters - Health management and policy
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
ACL is a statewide advocacy-based trade association of nonprofit organizations that provide housing and services to over 35,000 New Yorkers with serious psychiatric disabilities.
Alongside the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director, I aided in the development and implementation of ACL's annual government relations agenda specific to community-based, mental health housing. Key focus on writing material for and proctoring meetings between ACL members and New York Legislature/Executive Branch.
This included tasks such as (1) creating and effectively communicating key talking points to members and other key stakeholders, (2) writing legislative summaries, fact sheets, memorandums, and letters to government officials, (3) collecting data and writing analysis reports, (4) drafting and editing major distribution materials such as budget testimony, white papers, press releases and op-eds, and (5) managing resources and filing timely reports for the Political Action Committee and NYJCOPE Lobbying Commission. Notable Accomplishments:
• Developed and managed a large-scale email campaign as part of a multi-year public relations campaign that generated more than 25,000 emails to New York's state leaders.
• Created and presented statewide on the importance of advocacy, lobbying, voting, and policy changes for program staff and participants.
• Developed and managed ACL's Legislative Day by strategically planning and organizing more than 150 meetings to take place over the course of a four-hour time frame.
• Created and maintained a Microsoft Access database that generates a book-like report of all OMH housing programs, organized by legislative district.
- Community Mental Health Policy Analyst/Legislative Organizer at The Association for Community Living, Inc
- Community Mental Health Policy Analyst at The Association for Community Living, Inc
- Supervisor/Graduate Assistant at The Association for Community Living, Inc
- Staff Assistant/Senior Intern at Office of Congressman Paul Tonko
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Public Administration - Nonprofit Management and Public Policy
- BA in Political Science and Psychology - VOLUNTEER & OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE