This is a federal job)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Data analytics and business performance consultant to Executive staff, cross-functional committees, clinical services, and external partners.
• Provide strategic thought leadership and program, community partnerships, and process implementation strategies based on data driven insights.
• Serves as community partnership liaison for resource sharing between military treatment facilities, Department of Veterans Affairs and private sector healthcare systems.
• Develop performance dashboards, business case briefs, and reporting tools to support decision making and organizational health.
• Lead process improvement in Utilization Management/Referral Management (including managed care support contractor network referral activities). Develop specialty care tools and reports which identify capabilities and improve access.
• Perform extensive research and studies to make recommendations related to health care business, policies, and organization alignment.
• Serve as advisor for hospital staff, both medical and administrative, on TRICARE program management, Military Health System Support Initiatives, VA/DOD Joint Initiative, and Resource Sharing Agreements
• Achievements include $8.4 million awarded for a Joint Initiative project and an approved External Resource Sharing Agreement with a private health care system. Increasing volume and timely submissions of network referral results 25%, improving consult closure and results received by 30%. Department of Veterans Affairs-VHA Fayetteville, NC 28301 United States 03/2012 - 06/2013 Health System Specialist (This is a federal job)
•Served as the Staff Assistant (Administrative Officer) to the Chief of Staff. Assisted executive leadership in establishing and monitoring quality control systems, policies, procedures, and measures. Provide instructions in the application of policies and procedures.
•Conducted short and long range planning to address healthcare delivery needs and accomplish medical center business goals and objectives. Evaluated and identified services' budgetary, personnel, material, contracted services, and facilities requirements.
•Conducted organizational effectiveness and efficiency analysis. Develop, implement, and measure system improvement programs. Develop and execute actions pertinent to regulatory directives of VHA, Joint Commission, Office of Inspector General, and other regulatory agencies.
•Lead Administrative Officer for all Medical Administrative Officers.
•Served as key staff member for various committees and boards. Department of Veterans Affairs- VHA San Diego, CA United States 06/2010 - 03/2012 Health Systems Management Trainee (This is a federal job)
•Obtained understanding of medical center operations through rotations in administrative, clinical services, outreach programs, and joint agency initiatives.
•Conducted information technology (IT) cost saving studies and presented them at the 2011 American College of Health Care Executives Congress during VA day.
•Currently provide data analysis for national and local programs (Veteran's Lifetime Electronic Record, Employee Ethics Survey, Nursing Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Line study, and Engineering operations redesign). Perform complex system redesign studies and analysis which involves planning, scheduling, organizing teams and providing management with recommendations.
•Serving as the Acting- Controlled Substance Coordinator, supervising 23 Director appointed individuals; Acting-Compliance and Business Integrity Officer, and Engineering Service Business Operations Manager, supervising 40 maintenance technicians. Department of Veterans Affairs- VHA Little Rock, AR United States 04/2009 - 06/2010 Human Resources Specialist-Information Systems (This is a federal job)
•Information Systems - supports the human resource information system, designing and administering databases, providing user training, and administering the human resource office local area network.
•HRMS ADPAC - coordinates establishment, maintenance and deletion of user access.
•Retention/Recruitment and Placement - executes special recruitment programs to attract well qualified candidates for positions where applicants are in short supply, utilizing imaginative approaches and simultaneous searches for candidates.
•Position Management and Pay Administration - review request for classification of a full range of General Schedule positions including complicated, rare and multi-series positions before being sent for higher level review.
•Employee Training and Development - Identifies training deficiencies of supervisors, managers and employees in topics of human resources and assesses availability of training.
•Employee Relations - Provides advice and guidance to supervisors, managers and employees regarding leave, life insurance, health, and benefits.
•Labor Relations - Participates in establishment and maintenance of partnering relationship with unions to address Labor management concerns and advise management on labor management strategies. Department of Veterans Affairs-VHA Little Rock, AR United States 10/2007 - 04/2009 Management Analyst (This is a federal job)
•Established, planned, and directed data management for CAVHS Nursing Department. Routinely generated, analyzed, summarized, and present reports in order to leverage resources, reduce cost, improve processes efficiency and assist in establishing clinical pathways.
•Analyzed data (generated using CPRS, BCMA, Vista, and Proclarity) to note trends and variances.
•Documented and planned methodology to reach program objectives and work operations.
•Ensured accurate data gathering and processing of information. Verify data accuracy.
•Educated Nursing Service employees on system data requirements and use of generated reports.
•Maintained liaison with all services in the medical center in order to remain current on any changes in the medical center functions which may affect Nursing Service needs and processes. Arkansas Blue Cross Blues Shield 600 Gaines Street Little Rock, AR 72201 United States 11/2005 - 10/2007 Medical Decision Support Analyst
•Collected, organized, summarized, analyzed and communicated information necessary to support managed care initiatives and systems. Individually responsible for special projects and studies demanding the highest level of research and analytical skills. Presenting both oral and written information to internal and external customers.
•Supported and participated in the validation and improvement of Enterprise data necessary for managed care analysis and reporting both at the regional and Enterprise level.
•Assisted in identifying and implementing national benchmark measures for application to the Enterprise and its business partners. Helped implement new business initiatives and certify that the reporting and analytical requirements are fulfilled.
•Assisted in training customers of the managed care systems in the technical aspects and analytical capabilities of those systems.
•Developed ad-hoc reports and recommendations on request.
•Participated and lead special projects.
- Health System Specialist at Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Department Head- Detail at Naval Medical Center San Diego
- Health System Specialist at Department of Veterans Affairs-VHA
- Health Systems Management Trainee at Department of Veterans Affairs-VHA
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Data Analytics
Serves as a consultant to the Health Care System Director, Associate Director, Chief of Staff, Associate Director for Patient Care Services, Executives and Service Chiefs providing guidance, recommendations, and monitoring in the implementation, management, and evaluation of healthcare system operations works to educate and mentor others in health care administration and allocates funds to the proper cost centers integrated in order to support operational efficiency and strategic priorities
• Executes responsibilities through analyses, coordination, planning, administration, development, interpretation, delegation, training, and good judgment
• Advisor to the Health Care System Director for highly complex internal and external clinical as well as administrative projects
• Assists with resolution of issues elevated to the Office of the Director, and as a senior specialist
• Work with Deputy Director to establish priorities for personnel, services, supplies, equipment
• Implements long and short-term plans, policies, and procedures, assuring that programs are
Serves as a consultant to the Health Care System Director, Associate Director, Chief of Staff, Associate Director for Patient Care Services, Executives and Service Chiefs providing guidance,
recommendations, and monitoring in the implementation, management, and evaluation of healthcare system operations
works to educate and mentor others in health care administration
and allocates funds to the proper cost centers
integrated in order to support operational efficiency and strategic priorities
- Health System Specialist at San Francisco VA Medical Center
- Program Analyst at VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Presidential Management Fellow at VA Palo Alto Health Care System
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Health Behavior Health Education/ Healthcare Management and Policy
- Bachelor of Science - Health Psychology
• Research and analyze data for facility proposals
• Plan and support committees, boards, and conferences for executives
• Create, manage, and monitor interdisciplinary team projects
• Conduct written and oral presentations to internal and external groups
- Health System Specialist at SOUTH GEORGIA VETERANS HEALTH SYSTEM
- Health Systems Management Trainee at JAMES A. HALEY VETERANS HOSPITAL
- Management and Program Analyst/Administrative Lead at
- Patient Relations Assistant at
1 year at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - Business Administration-Marketing
• Independently operates, administrates, plans, initiates, and carries out duties.
• Serves as the Health Systems Specialist for the Fort Drum Department of Behavioral Health (DBH), which is comprised of a multi-disciplinary clinic; four Embedded Behavioral Health clinics; Child and Family Behavioral Health System; Family Advocacy Program; Tele-Behavioral Health; and the Army Substance Abuse Program.
• Provides department wide administrative support with particular emphasis on personnel management, projects, financial management, and automation management.
• Responsible for comprehensive administrative support for the clinical services/programs listed above.
• Assumes the administrative responsibilities, duties, and authority of the DBH as designated during short or extended absences of the Chief.
• Performs comprehensive budgeting over-watch for all expenditures within the department.
• Independently monitors all supply expenditures (approximately $8-9 million annually) and advises the Department Chief on personnel, contract, supply, TDY, and equipment accounts within the department.
• Works with the Resource Management Division, Logistics Readiness Center, and Mission Installation Contracting Command to monitor committed and allocated funds. When necessary, takes steps to obtain additional funding to support clinical workload and patient requirements through all available channels for funding. Serves as the Automation Management Staff Officer for the department with responsibility to interface with the Chief, Information Management Division, on all automation issues to include Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Local Area Network (LAN), Capability Requirements (CAPRs), telephonic, and Clinical Automation.
• Guides the process of prioritizing automation purchases, resolves common problems in user applications of clinic/program wide computer systems, and sets up multiple user training for users.
• Directs all personnel actions within the DBH to include all hiring actions, orientation of new employees, workload management, performance appraisal and evaluation, etc., for over 110 military, civilian, and contract employees within the DBH.
• Performs special projects at the direction of the Chief DBH which have department wide implications and frequently involve long range management or monitoring.
• Manages organizational, major structural, or content changes throughout the Department.
• Oversees the development of estimates, statistics, suggestions, and other information useful for strategic planning at all levels.
• Evaluates Behavioral Health services and adjusts operations to meet mission and resources.
• Provides direct support for Clinical Services in areas of long range planning, resolution of system problems, and assisting the Chief, DBH in controlling day to day administrative matters.
• Establishes and maintains close working relationships with professional medical and nursing staff.
• Attends professional staff meetings and conferences.
• Functions as a liaison between departments and arbitrates between services within the department.
• Provides information to the professional staff regarding the facilities, medical administration, budget, personnel support systems, and logistics support systems of the Fort Drum MEDDAC and the Department of Behavioral Health.
• Resolves exceptionally complex or difficult patient complaints and problems.
• Analyzes clinical practice and recommends improvements in all areas of deficiency.
• Implements solutions with approval of the department or service chiefs.
• Researches, develops, and implements programs to augment or extend available resources.
• Maintains knowledge of existing and emerging management tools and programs that enhance the quality and availability of medical care.
• Integrates those concepts into recommendations for implementation on a department-wide basis.
• Assists the Chief, DBH, in preparation for surveys and inspections including the Joint Commission; Department of Defense; Department of the Army; Health Services Command and Inspector General Inspections; audits by the Government Accounting Agency; Army Audit Agency; and others.
• Monitors compliance with environmental, safety, fire codes, regulations, and statutes.
• Establishes control procedures to ensure compliance and follows through to ensure that corrective action is implemented if necessary.
• Monitors and evaluates condition of facilities in assigned area of responsibility. Makes recommendations and directs actions involving major repairs, renovation, reconditioning, or replacement of same. Recommends construction and renovation, when necessary, to comply with environmental, fire, and safety requirements.
• Develops project specifications; participates in negotiations with engineering or contract personnel; oversees project progress and completion; and assists in post-construction quality assurance inspection.
• Serves as the primary manager for space management actions within the department.
• Develops capital equipment requirements program (CEEP).
• Identifies and provides supporting documentation for equipment requirements based on current and emerging technology; clinical practice; reimbursement and utilization trends that encompass all services; and planning programs in the area of responsibility.
• Analyzes the annual and long range equipment replacement and modernization requirements for areas of responsibility.
• Monitors completion and execution of CEEP transactions by Logistics and Contracting personnel.
• Works closely with professional medical staff to ensure appropriate equipment acquisition practices.
• Makes recommendations for acquisition priorities to the Chief, BHD, and the Deputy Commander for Clinical Services.
• Monitors and validates input for standard Army and DOD systems such as MEPRS, DMHRSi and CHCS.
• Ensures that all staff members are adequately trained in workload data capture, and that this data is captured accurately.
• Responsible for the monitoring of schedules and other documentation necessary for manpower and force structure management.
• Monitors appointment availability, CHCS template accuracy, as well as clinical access measures, and makes corrections, revisions, and adjustments as necessary.
• Responsible for the timely completion of the department's monthly review and analysis report, as well as other workload and staffing reports as necessary.
• Responsible for the documentation necessary for manpower and force structure management.
• Monitors applicable working Tables of Distribution and Allowances (WTDA) for completeness and accuracy, and if necessary, recommends changes to the WTDA in the appropriate areas.
• Implements concepts that correlate budget and workload.
• Conducts trend analysis to provide early warning on rapidly expanding areas of expenditure.
• Correlates Supplemental Care expenditures with revolving medical care practices, and recommends changes in equipment planning or clinical staffing.
• Functions as both a first-line and second-line supervisor over clerical personnel in the DBH. This includes all hiring, orientation, workload management, counseling, rating or other management actions.
• Approves time and attendance, approves/disapproves leave and absence, initiates performance standards and evaluations, and approves awards and promotions.
• Develops, coordinates, and conducts training sessions for new employees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervisory Health System Specialist at Federal Job
- Behavioral Health Care Manager at CNY Health Home Network
- Behavioral Health Administrative Officer at Medical Department Activity
- Behavioral Health Program Manager at Medical Company
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
- Associate of Science
• Oversee preventative health promotion and disease prevention efforts for Montana/Wyoming Indian Health service area to include Tribal service units and IHS supported Urban Health Centers
• Work closely with Indian Health Services Headquarters (DC) as a national team of Health Promotion/Disease Prevention area coordinators to implement prevention initiatives (cancer, tobacco, and obesity) while promoting physical activity and nutrition.
• Assist I/T/U to integrate evidence-based practices/strategies that are grounded in both traditional wellbeing and western medicine into the health care system.
- Health System Specialist at Billings Area Office Indian Health Service
- Director of the Native Aging in Place Project at University of North Dakota Center for Rural Health
- Director of the National Resource Center on Native American Aging at University of North Dakota Center for Rural Health
- Program Director at Center for Rural Health
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts - Counseling
- Bachelor of Arts - Psychology
Serves as Supervisory Health System Specialist/ Business Manager responsible for the supervision of all administrative functions in support of the Department of Medicine, National Capital Medical Directorate. Administrative functions include personnel actions, budget, and management of all business and practices. Conducts in-depth program analysis of substantial scale and impact concerning all aspects of the assigned Military Healthcare System (MHS) to ensure compliance with established practices and make recommendations for the development of new policies and procedures. Determines and plans work to be accomplished by employees. Sets priorities and prepares schedules for completion. Informs subordinates of civilian personnel policies and programs. Establishes performance standards and evaluates employee's performance. Conduct business analysis in order to establish courses of action for the optimization of Healthcare System programs. Identify, analyze, and document issues, patterns, and trends affecting staffing, scheduling, clinic organization, clinic operations, appointment utilization patterns, template management, coding, lack of standardization internal to each clinic and between clinics and MTFs, metrics, and medical expense and reporting system in relation to the assigned program. Serves as the program manager to solve complex and unusual issues. Conducts research and analysis using various data analysis systems to implement strategic and specific corrective action plans using reports, justifications, charts, graphs, statistical and narrative data to justify findings and recommendations. Review and revises policies and regulations consistence with changes affecting Military Health Care Systems and other mandates from Defense Health Agency and the Medical Command. Prepare executive level proposals for the improvement of processes affecting Military Healthcare System (MHS). Lead analytical efforts in the identification of trends; compare and interpret data to create strategic plans and present recommendations to the chain of command, Executive Leadership, Department Chiefs, and Service Chiefs/Clinical Managers on findings that may affect productivity, access and quality of service. Responsible for the management of program cost analysis, annual and multi-year fiscal planning, and development of annual health promotion programs. Conducts cost-benefit and cost-effective analysis, and research existing methods of program evaluation for use in the development of resources and to implement counter measures to financial risk factors.
- Supervisory Health System Specialist/ Business Manager at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Defense Health Program Manager at Versa Tech, Inc
- Supervisory Health System Specialist at Martin Army Community Hospital
- Suicide Prevention Program Manager at 98th Training Division
3 months at this Job
- Certification - Management
- Master's Degree - Clinical Mental Health
- Master's Degree - Business Administration/ Health Care Management
- Bachelor's Degree - Social Science
Post-Deployment Health Reassessment Coordinator Processed Incapacitation medical boards and packets for pay. Processed and maintained line of duty packets. Apr 2014 - Jan 2017 New Castle Maintained Incapacitation Pay and Allowance Benefit Program budget totals with accurate balances to include processing of orders and payment of bills. Performed complete review of records and other case documentation to ensure they were correct, complete, and accurate. Established and maintained necessary files for conducting in processing of Soldiers for Periodic Health Assessment and physicals. Maintained accountability, and inventory of medical and dental records during mobilization and demobilization process. Uploaded medical documentation into Soldiers' record through the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application system. Prepared and maintained medical records and filing. Provided expertise in technical and administrative areas of record management, quality assurance and advisor for medical meetings.
- Health System Specialist at Delaware Army National Guard
- Personnel Administration Noncommissioned Officer at Delaware Army National Guard
- Drug Demand Reduction Noncommissioned Officer at Delaware Army National Guard
- Paratransit Specialist at Dart First State
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Some college
Utilized and maintained statistical databases; analyzed and evaluated data and trends and recommended plans of action based on findings; presented quarterly reports to headquarters.
● Tasked with leading turnaround of complex and problematic healthcare system with three-year backlog.
● Led aggressive update and accelerated processing initiative that completely eliminated backlog and brought system current.
● Developed and presented annual training programs for all clinics throughout Wuerzburg Hospital and at ten outlying clinics. Health System Specialist )
● Managed development of website and online informational resources.
● Utilized medical and healthcare software for review of coding and accuracy medical, educational claims / enrollment forms; clarified and provided problem resolutions.
● Supervised case coordinators at ten outlying clinics in Germany. Special Needs Advisor
● Planned, launched, and served as advisor for Exceptional Family Member Program.
● Provided referred sources to personnel needing assistance and treatment.
● Organized visits to all health clinics, supported program managers throughout region.
● Coordinated with outside accreditation agencies on accreditation initiatives and fostered professional relationships with all related community agencies.
● Conducted Medical Record Review for all family members as part of the screening process
● Selected as primary contact to ensure educational / medical screening of all soldiers and family members; provided briefings and training to medical personnel, soldiers and families.
- Health System Specialist at U.S. ARMY, UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES OVERSEAS, U.S. and Germany
- Program Specialist at LYNCH HOMES
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Recreational Therapy for Special Needs
- Masters of Business Administration - Business Administration
Department of Social Work)
• Behavioral Health program management through productivity analysis, evaluation, advice, coordination of administrative policies, programs, and day to day operations
• Administrative employee supervision, program development and direct training.
• Behavioral Health Data Portal Administrator, Staff Trainer-Super User.
• Assisting leadership in achieving clinic goals through coordination of administrative programming and execution of mandated business practice initiatives to ensure optimal clinic efficiency.
• Design and organize administrative system programming, supervise administrative staff, prepared information and tracking of projects.
• Monitor and coordinate personnel matters, placement actions, removal and suspension, EEO complaints, performance management, time and attendance and DHMRSi input.
• Monitor trends, develop, accumulate, maintain and interpret statistical data reflecting performance analysis.
• Identify problems with health care processes and recommend alternatives to improve processes via identifying and reporting quality improvement issues.
• Utilize statistical cost, cost analysis and industrial engineering techniques to review trends and make recommendations regarding policies.
- Social Work Health System Specialist at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Psychiatric Clinical Case Manager, Social Work Internship at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Supervising Behavioral Health Psychology Technician at Fort George Meade Army
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Social Worker, Social Work Internship at Fort George Meade Army
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- MSW - Masters Social Work
- BSW - Bachelors of Social Work
- Associates - Human Services
As Rural Health/Telehealth Program Manager, responsible for rural health initiatives and all leadership of telehealth programs for the facility. Both positions required building relationships with four Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCS), clinic managers, physicians and nurse teams and their involvement with Medical Home of VA (PACT), and Telemedicine, and programmatic supervision of the Telehealth Clinical Technicians (TCT). TCTs are responsible for the deployment and management of telehealth equipment and act on behalf of VISN mandates while effectively meet the telehealth needs of the facility. Responsible for all technical and information technology infrastructure to include troubleshooting and provider training. The Rural/Telehealth Program Manager implements needs assessment, business plans that are integrated into the facility's strategic plans. When access is an issue the Facility Telehealth Program Manager promotes insight as to the technical and clinical applications serviceable to each clinical modality. Responsible for staffing allocation, telehealth, and rural health budgets, space allocations while also acting on behalf of the facility with vendors, equipment deployment, and status of program development and implementation. Responsible for presenting to Executive teams, clinical stakeholders, department chiefs, and providers to make telehealth recommendations accordingly. Programs include Teleretinal, Teleprimary Care, Telemental Health, Tele-speech pathology, Teledermatology, Teleneurology. Coordination with Telehealth Site Hubs for specialty health services and across facilities. In addition to the above; as the Telemental Health Supervisor, was responsible for supervising 4 senior mental/ health social workers, 1 psychologist, 2 psychiatrists, Telemental health staff. Responsible for their performance evaluations and their outpatient mental health programs.
- Supervisory, Health System Specialist at VA
- PCMHI Clinical Social Worker, Telemental Health at West Texas Health Care System
- Supervisor Martha Hutchison at Southcentral Counseling
- at West Texas Health Care System
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Behavioral Health - (DBH), Primary Care Behavioral Health
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Recreation-Creative Arts Therapy