Duties: Serves as the Health System Specialist for Womack Family Medicine Residency Clinic (WFMRC), the largest residency program in the Army, with oversight of the Warrior Transition Clinic (WTC) and Executive Medicine. SYSTEMIC INTERNAL REVIEW: Surveys and analyzes the internal and external operating environment using qualitative and quantitative inputs including data, observation, interviews, complaints, and other sources of inputs to make necessary changes to ensure that departmental policies and priorities to support organizational outcomes. Reviews clinic performance goals in the areas of population health, patient satisfaction, and operating efficiency to identify best practices. Ensures compliance with all accreditation and regulatory aspects related to the delivery of medical services. Responsible for maintaining awareness of the latest trends and developments affecting the design and delivery of primary care services within the context of the broader healthcare delivery system. PLANNING AND EVALUATING: Evaluates the need to adjust healthcare delivery practices because of changing operational, resourcing, and regulatory requirements. Develops plans to utilize resources more efficiently based on patient-centered policies and procedures. Coordinates, develops, plans, implements, and evaluates the policies, procedures, and systems to monitor utilization of healthcare services that are beneficial and cost-effective for both the patient and the government. Evaluates the need to initiate changes to policies, programs, and systems to improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of healthcare delivery.
• Developed a plan to enroll 2,500 beneficiaries into Relay Health over a 12-month period; improved access to care for 17% of FMRC's patient population.
• Realigned six provider templates allowing for a float provider and ensuring same day access to care; increased the third next available appointment.
• Monitored Audiocare and offered additional provider appointments; lowered facility cancellation rate from 10% to 1.8%.
- Health System Specialist at HSA
- Supervisory Medical Support Assistant at Womack Army Medical Center
- Staffing Consultant at Spherion
- Local Marketing Specialist at The Dwyer Group
4 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts
Utilize fact-finding, investigative, communications, and office management expertise in order to successfully advance organizational objectives. Accurately organize and maintain records for 200 radiology personnel. Excel at the centralized point of contact between multiple parties, and departments, both internally and externally. Ensure compliance with all rules, regulations, policies, laws, guidelines, and procedures relevant to daily operations.
• Strengthened data research and report running, and served as the Health System Specialist in their absence.
• Solely responsible for tracking, initiating and submitting retention incentives for all civilian radiology specialists.
- Assistant Health System Specialist at Army Civilian
- Contact Representative, Medical Board Section at Army Civilian
- Lead Medical Support Assistant (MSA) at Madigan Army Medical Center
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- - General Studies, on-line classes registered
- Certificate of Medical Billing - Medical Billing and Office Management
4500 South Lancaster Road May Contact/ (214) 857-2221 Certificate Advance
Dallas, Texas 75216 Full time/40hrs-wk Leadership Core Program
• Responsible for providing administrative, technical direction and support to the credentialing and 1985 privileging operations, ensuring compliance with guidelines of the Department of Veterans Affairs, Joint Career Planner School Commission and other internal or external reviewers Norfolk, VA
• Serves as the technical advisor to the Service Chiefs and HR Management on routine and noncomplex 1991 matters related to credentialing and privileging healthcare providers Drill Instructor School
• Receives and review both sensitive and non-sensitive correspondence for the credential function and daily Paris Island, SC reports detecting problem areas requiring further investigation
- Health System Specialist at VA North Texas Health Care System
- Program Support Assistant at VA North Texas Health Care System
- Health System Specialist at MCRD Paris Island SC
- Formal School Instructor at
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- - energy
- Certificate - Leadership Program
40 Hours/Week $50,000.00/Year Supervisor: Tasha Atchison (405) 582-6373 Serves as a Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) for the Medical Treatment facility (MTF) and its geographic areas of responsibility. Functions as the primary liaison between service members, their chain of command, MTF leadership, medical board members and other individuals in Department of Defense and non-DoD agencies that have active roles in the IDES process. Effectively communicates orally and in writing with all levels of installation personnel, as well as representatives from higher headquarters and other agencies. Performs counseling, case file management, data collection and analysis, medical and administrative coordination, and other procedural work related to Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) processing. Supervises and manages the Temporary Disability Retired List (TDRL) reevaluations and all other related disability evaluation system (DES) requirements in accordance with applicable instructions, regulations, or directives. Prepares case file packages and provides to board members for adjudication. Knowledgeable of numerous procedures applicable to the proper execution of agreements and the effect of the agreements upon expenditures of base resources to establish new ones and to effectively review those that currently exist. Advise members on board results and available options. Initiates and track line of duty (LOD) requests for Reserve and National Guard personnel and coordinates medical examinations fur approved LOD related injuries. Supervises and manage the release of medical information to authorized personnel in accordance with established guidelines. Serves as member of and coordinates activities associated with the MTF Deployment Availability Working Group (DAWG). Knowledge of methods, procedures and skills in evaluating and performing deployment operations to identify and meet deployment requirements. Plans, organizes and oversees all deployment activities for members who are assignment limited coded due to their medical/mental health status. Knowledge of a wide range of federal and agency deployment/mobilization concepts, principles, practices, procedures, regulations and laws applicable to the full range of Unit Deployment Manager (UDM) management responsibilities. Monitors members that are due for Annual Review In Lieu of (ARILOs) summaries who are tasked to deploy to ensure personnel readiness. Ensures the members are ready to meet wartime and peacetime mobility tasking's by initiating and tracking deployment waivers. Oversees establishment and maintenance of personnel readiness according to the Installation Deployment Plan for military personnel subject to deployment. Supports redeployment personnel in the Redeployment Support Process within the unit.
- Health System Specialist (PEBLO) at Mindleaf Technologies Inc
- Medical Assistant at SSM Health
- Compliance Manager (Internship) at Strataflex Midstream
- Health System Specialist at GTW Consultants
6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Safety - Industrial Safety
- Associates in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
Comprehensive health system account management of diabetes portfolio to health care systems in Central and Southern Ohio. Understanding of health care system treatment algorithm and appropriate utilization of our brands.
- Health System Specialist, Ohio at AstraZeneca
- Diabetes Sales Specialist at
- at State of Ohio
- at Year End Ranking
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science
0671-09, Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO), 40 hours, Patient Administration Department, San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), San Antonio Texas. 25 March 2012 - Present Functioneds as a liaison between the clinic and other department administrative officers. Organized practices and administrative procedures to ensure consistency and compliance with standard policies and guidance. Completed 40 hours toward the completion of the doctorate in Business Administration w/specialization in Health Care Management. Consistently counseled and advised Active, Reserve, National Guard component personnel, and their families processed through the Army Physical Disability Evaluation System. Ensured the individual thoroughly understands all phases of the Physical process. Exhibited high levels of emotional intelligence and responded constructively even when the stakes were raised or the business environment changed. Provided information and advice on rights and benefits of uniformed service personnel, retired permanently or temporarily or discharged for physical disabilities with or without severance pay and their options. Coordinated dates, times, places to report, and other details with Service Members and appropriate hospital clinics. Coordinated the processing of medical boards on personnel assigned to all branches of the uniformed services treated at this facility. Referred personnel to appropriate agencies to obtain counseling/guidance on benefits provided by the Department of Labor, Social Security Administration, and Veterans Affairs. Maintained close liaison with Military Service Coordinator located at Veteran Affairs Clinic, Benefits before Discharge Office, and Veteran Affairs Regional Claims Office to discuss particular cases or situations not covered, and to coordinate actions related to cases involving unusual circumstances of severely physically challenged service members or retirees. Provided statistical information to Military Treatment Facilities, Regional Medical Commands, and the Army Medical Command on the status of Medical Evaluation Board/Physical Evaluation Board processing effectiveness, and other related managerial and congressional purposes. Responsible for tracking all Service Members being transferred from Outside the Contiguous United States (OCONUS) to the San Antonio Military Medical Center footprint for medical boards. Managed all Army Reserve and National Guard Component Service Members within the United States receiving Medical Evaluation Boards at San Antonio Military Medical Center. Acted as a liaison with Army Human Resource Command, Army Reserve Command, and Army National Guard Command to ensure all medical documentation and official military orders sufficient. Worked with Defense Medical Human Resources System (DMHRS-I), HAIMS, AHLTA or compatible systems within the military hospital setting.
- Health System Specialist, GS at Administration Department, San Antonio Military Medical Center
- Training Instructor (NURSE), GS at USAMEDD C&S, Academy of Health Sciences
7 years at this Job
- Doctor of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Masters of Arts - Management
- Bachelor of Applied Science - Management
- Associate of Applied Science - Education
GS-0671-09 from April 2014 to Present (40 hours per week) The incumbent is assigned to the Chief of Staff Service at the McGuire VA Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia. The duties include: ◆ As the Credentialing and Privileging (C&P) Coordinator/Supervisor, provides administers the C&P system, assigning access and roles in accordance with security level requirements and the Privacy Act System of Records Notice to Management, Program Support Assistants and Service Chiefs ◆ Assures providers enter and submit credentialing information into the Credentialing system, providing assistance, training and keeping in compliance with various Services. Also, coordinate with health care and clinical staff providers; monitor and have providers update any incorrect information ◆ Since becoming the C&P Coordinator/Supervisor, I have decreased the timeframe to fully credential a prospective employee by over 98 percent, which has increased efficiency and hiring for critical positions ◆ Manages, administers and ensures security, maintenance and operation of C&P system and serves as technical advisor and subject matter expert to staff credentialers. Also, assisted in the drafting of local Credentialing polices and Bylaws in compliance with regulations based on Veterans Affairs regulations ensuring compliance with various federal and state educational and training ◆ Responsible for providing guidance and credentialing information to current staff and applicants seeking employment on policy and procedures. Communicates with all prospective healthcare providers on timely completion and submission of applications and Credentialing requirements. Also, gather and interpret data, making recommendations to the chain of command ◆ Process full range of personnel actions for assigned block of services, each with different personnel systems ◆ Serves as advisor to Service Chiefs and prospective employees on routine and non-complex matters related to the C&P of Health Care practitioners and assisted with the implementation of the Human Resources Management Procedure for Failure to Maintain Current and Active Licensure Standard Operating Procedure ◆ Provides ongoing review of hospital-wide Focused Professional Practice Evaluation/Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE/OPPE), clinical performance program assessments, overseeing license verifications and maintaining files and records pertaining to the C&P process ◆ Responsible for collecting relevant data, coordinate with supervisors on administrative issues and provide insight on the decision-making process to assure qualified health care professionals are selected to provide care to Veterans, following VISN and national credentialing directives Supervisor: Mr. Charles Best, 804-675-6255
- Health System Specialist Supervisor at Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Student Management Gold Fleet at Cluverius Avenue, Building
- Human Resources Supervisor at United States Navy
- Airman at United States Navy
4 years, 11 months at this Job
Process eight to ten Medical Board cases monthly through the Integrated Disability Evaluation
System for the Army, Navy and Marine Corps by counseling service members, collecting case
data, and coordinating medical appointments.
• Counsel personnel at all levels of the Army, Navy and Marine Corps, to include members who were permanently or temporarily retired, or discharged for physical disabilities.
• Advise service members on the necessity of obtaining sufficient documentation concerning their ability to perform military duties within a prescribed timeframe.
• Plan, prepare and conduct quarterly briefings per year relevant for the Integrated Disability Evaluation System, averaging six to seven clients per brief.
• Communicate with four Medical Board physicians and psychologists daily to obtain medical recommendations on narrative summaries.
• Maintain close liaison with Veterans Affairs Contact Representatives and IDES Case Managers regarding Compensation and Pension exams to be released to Service Members.
• Track weekly assigned cases through various government databases Veterans Tracking Application (VTA), EMEB (Army), EPEB (Physical Evaluation Board) to compile reports.
• Cover other Health Specialists with handling cases in lieu of absences and work directly with personal assistant and administrative team in gathering office documentation, copying medical records and scheduling appointments.
- Health System Specialist at PEBLO
- Assistant at PEBLO
- Administrative Clerk (General II) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Senior Records Clerk at I.A.M. National Pension Fund
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Networking - Computer Networking
• Maintain and process credentials files for over 1100 practitioners including initial and reappointment applications.
• Consistently update Clinical and Administrative Management concerning credentialing and privileging protocol.
• Update timely information into credentials databases (Priv-Plus) and (Vet-Pro)
• Support Medical Staff Coordinator with department training, meeting attendance, and all other duties as assigned.
• Present reappointment credentialing and privileging information to the Professional Standards Board weekly including OPPE/FPPE monitoring results.
• Process and delegate processing of all reappointment applications for Greater Los Angeles Health Care System including all surrounding affiliated clinics.
- Health System Specialist- 40hrs wk at VA Greater LA Health Care System
- Senior Medical Staff Specialist at VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- Manager Medical Staff / Credentials Coordinator at Georgetown University Hospital
- Medical Staff Coordinator at St. Mary's Medical Center
7 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Healthcare Management
Supervisor: Joseph Regala (907)361-5322 Salary 56,140.00 per year; Contact: Yes; Hours per week 40 Serves as the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) for Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) and its geographic area of responsibility. Performs counseling, data collection, medical coordination, and procedural work related to Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) processing. Counsels military personnel from all branches of the uniformed services, retirees, and the Families of those being processed through the Army Physical Disability Evaluation System (APDES) on their rights, benefits, privileges, or obligations. Coordinates evaluation appointments; schedules follow-up appointments for National Guard and Reserve Component (RC) personnel for approved line of duty (LOD) related injuries. Maintains and safe guards both hard copy and electronic medical information. Releases medical information to authorized personnel in accordance with established guidelines. Counsels and advises active and RC officers, enlisted and retired personnel and their Families, who are being processed through the APDES. Provides support by advising personnel, reviewing appropriate documentation, referring to Exceptional Family Member Program, educational and Developmental Intervention Services. Coordinates medical exams and ensures that the individual completely understands all phases of the process. Assists in preparing appeals, rebuttals, and coordinates the assignment of Soldier's legal counsel. Provides information and advice on rights and benefits of uniformed services personnel, retired permanently or temporarily, or discharged for physical disabilities with or without severance pay, and their options. Coordinates appropriate referrals related to benefits. When notified by higher headquarters that a Soldier on TDRL is to be re-examined, takes action to obtain personnel data and medical reports. Coordinates dates, times, places to report, and other details with Soldier and appropriate hospital clinic. Counsels Soldiers in person, by telephone, and in writing on matters related to their TDRL reevaluation. When a Soldier is incapacitated or incompetent for pay purposes and unable to manage his/her own legal and personal affairs, the PEBLO counsels and assists the legal next of kin on the Soldier's rights and benefits. Coordinates the processing of medical boards on personnel assigned to all branches of the uniformed services who are being treated in this facility. Advises Soldier of the necessity of obtaining sufficient documentation (medical and non-medical) concerning the Soldier's ability to perform military duties and the severity of the Soldier's disease or injury. Ensures that the Soldier understands his obligations to respond to the findings of the Informal/Formal Board within the prescribed time frame. Informs the service member of his/her ability to appeal further to the Physical Disability Agency and to the Army Board of Corrections for Military Records if all previous appeals fail. Refers personnel to appropriate agencies to obtain counseling/guidance on benefits provided by the Department of Labor, Social Security Administration and Veterans Affairs (VA). Interprets and assists in other benefits such as vocational rehabilitation, clothing allowance, aid and attendance, prosthetics and appliances, and aid for the blind. Maintains close liaison with VA Contact Representative located at VA Clinic, Benefits before Discharge Office, and VA Regional Claims Office to discuss specific cases or situations which are not covered and to coordinate actions related to cases involving unusual circumstances of severely disabled service members or retirees. Applies sound judgment, ingenuity, and persuasiveness in motivating apathetic or negatively inclined individuals, including psychiatric, seriously ill and terminally ill patients, to apply for benefits for which they are eligible. Must communicate effectively with belligerent/angry or extremely frustrated service members, retirees, and Family members; understanding their fears and concerns and be able to obtain their confidence and trust. Must know when and how to refer Soldiers and Family members to appropriate sources to include, Social Work Service, Provost Marshall, etc. Has extensive knowledge in automation equipment usage to document progress, concerns or other issues relevant to the Soldier's case. Makes entries and updates the appropriate databases as cases progress through the APDES. Provides statistical information to MTF/Regional Medical Commands /Medical Command on the status of MEB/ Physical Evaluation Board (PEB) processing effectiveness, resourcing, and other related managerial and congressional purposes. Generates standard and customized management reports and charts. Responsible for the preparation and conduct of various briefings and training relevant to the APDES to the installation leadership, Officer Professional and Noncommissioned Officers Professional Development and installation Town Hall Meetings.
- Health System Specialist (PEBLO) at Bassett Army Community Hospital Patient Administration Department
- GS-7 Contact Representative, (OA/PEBLO) at Bassett Army Community Hospital Patient Administration Department
- GS-6 Contact Representative at Bassett Army Community Hospital Patient Administration Department
- Medical Billing Specialist at Fairbank Billing Service
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor in Civil Law - medical