Washington, DC and Portland, OR
In November 2017 The Advisory Board was acquired by Optum 9/2016-current
Senior Healthcare Data Analyst and Consultant
• Provides analytical and consultative services for a portfolio of hospitals around operational, clinical, regulatory and financial performance
• Uses patient databases, claims-based cost and coded data, and technology to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
• Identifies quality and utilization opportunities to drive change management across clinical conditions, ICD 10 coding opportunities, pharmacy and cost outcomes
• Supports Value Based Purchasing, Pay for Performance, and other policy implementation
• Works directly with hospital and system CMOs and executive teams
• Masters the functionality of performance technology software and holds expertise in product terrain
- Senior Healthcare Data Analyst and Consultant at OPTUM, previously The Advisory Board
- Training and Development Consultant at ALLIANCE WORK PARTNERS
- Academic Program Manager at TENACITY
- Community Preparedness Manager, Health Services at AMERICAN RED CROSS
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Environmental Sciences - Environmental Sciences
• Investigating data to find patterns and trends.
• Understanding business operations.
• Utilizing different data sources for analyses.
• Converting data into usable information that is easy to understand.
• Developing reports and presentations.
• Communicating analytic insights to management.
• Analyzing data to assist in delivering optimal healthcare management and decision making.
• Performing audit to determine compliance
- Healthcare data analyst/Auditor at Drug Abuse Foundation (DAF)
- Account Associate at BCA Financial Service
- Meaningful Use-MIPS (PQRS) Consultant & Specialist (Intern) at Compass Health Systems
- Intern at Citrus Health Network
4 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics - Health Management Information System
- Bachelor of Health - Service Administration
Responsible for implementation, maintenance, and coordinating the activities of data analytics and reporting while utilizing membership, claims, prescription drug and clinical data from a variety of internal and client related data points.
• Acting as a healthcare data subject matter expert on Eligibility guidelines and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) protocol for clients
• Researching and consulting to improve healthcare data integrity and ensure excellent service delivery.
• Resolving data enrollment issues on a daily basis while consulting with client on healthcare data needs.
• Completes data entry requirements for finalizing new enrollment information as well as for changes and/or terminations.
• Reviews and corrects transaction errors impacting eligibility interfaces and prepares eligibility/enrollment information for data loading files.
• Monitors daily status reports assessing output for developing trends potentially impacting service levels.
• Participate in requirements and design reviews to thoroughly ensure comprehensive testing scenarios are performed
•Experience with Agile development practices with project & task management tools such as SharePoint.
- HEALTHCARE DATA ANALYST at CVS Health
- DATA QUALITY AUDITOR | FACILITY RATE ANALYST | TRAINER at Health Smart Benefit Solutions
- TECHNICAL CLAIMS AUDITOR at Coventry Health Care
- PHARMACY BENEFITS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST at Medco Health Solutions, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Certified Medical Assistant - Medical Assisting
- Associate of Applied Science - Healthcare
• Introduced Intellisoft software and Power BI to develop reporting methods that contributed to higher-quality product releases and a 23% reduction in errors.
• Provided solutions that increased productivity and efficiency across the organization. Quickly identify problem areas and implement effective solutions to meet goals.
• Extracted data using a variety of tools including MS Excel, MS SQL tools
• Compiled and analyzed patients claims to assess performance and efficiency relative to available medical models.
• Aided with quantitative data analysis with healthcare, biometric and survey data
• Analyzed business and operational processes, identified areas for potential enhancements.
• Ran quantitative data analysis with health care, biometric and survey data
- Healthcare Data Analyst at Emergency Medicine Associates
- Healthcare Analyst at Privia Medical Group, LLC
- Population Health Data Analyst at Blossom Services
- Credentialing Analyst at Holy Cross Health Center
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- B.S. degree - Health Systems Management
- Associate Degree in General Studies - General Studies
- M.S degree - Health Informatics Administration
• Clean and manipulate complex healthcare datasets to create the data foundation for further analysis (MSSQL, T-SQL, Tableau, Excel)
• Writing complex SQL queries such as subqueries, joins to analyze extract and manipulate large volume of materials management data.
• Manage inventory database to analyze areas of possible efficiency improvement and cost reductions.
• Develop dynamic SharePoint pages (Search Engines, Nintex Forms, APIs, and website design) that deliver content to audiences throughout the organization.
• Design statistical and administrative reports with concise data visualization of results using advanced MS Excel knowledge such as VLOOKUP, pivots.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and produce accurate data analysis.
• Identify import and export issues, develop solutions and provide guidance to management on resolving issues.
• Responsible for sourcing and extracting the data from supply chain management tools and build the contracts with the vendors.
• Assist Director-Materials Management with creating weekly and monthly sales and inventory data reports.
- HealthCare Data Analyst at Saint Luke's Health System
- Pricing Data Analyst Intern at Mcklein Company
- Intern - Business Analyst at Cornerstone OnDemand, CA
- Intern - Software Development at Microsoft
6 months at this Job
- Masters - Management & Information Systems
- Bachelors - Computer Science
• Led data and predictive analytics for Riverside's Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Team, analyzing 5 million records of Medicare claims, covering ~30,000 beneficiaries and $250M expenditures annually, which led to identifying opportunities for inpatient and long-term care facilities
• Developed queries and automated analysis process via Access SQL and Excel Pivot Tables, screening leakage of service lines and demographic trends
• Analyzed, visualized and presented ACO assigned population’s Medicare cost through extensive dimensions
• Improved reporting process and data fidelity through collaboration with healthcare intelligence firm
- Healthcare Data Analyst Intern at Riverside Health System
- Operations Director at Beijing ZJT Pharmaceutical Technology Development Co., Ltd
- Commodity Manager at ALSTOM
- Senior Purchaser at Dachan Food (Asia) Limited
8 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare and Data Analytics
- Bachelor of Law - Law
Reporting and analytics for fast growing healthcare company. · Create reporting and dashboards in Tableau for operations, finance, and executive team. · Build and maintain SQL, SSIS, and ETL processes to bring on new data and optimize existing internal and external data sources. · Work with business users to help deploy data driven decisions across all levels of company to operate more efficiently and maximize revenue. · Architect and deploy new data lake and warehouse solution in Azure as foundation for next generation data science.
- Sr Healthcare Data Analyst at MyNexus
- Senior Data Analyst at Vyne Education
- Data Strategist at Majority Strategies
- Database Administrator at Bluegrass Integrated Communications
8 months at this Job
- - Political Science / Computer Science
- Some college
Involved in the design or modification of business systems by interacting with the business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to understand problems and needs of the business
• Gathers, documents, and analyzes business needs and requirements to solve business problems and, as needed, designs technical solutions
• Help test the system and create system documentation and user manuals
• Deploy and manage the reports to a report server and securing and managing the reports, scheduling deployment of automated reports using SSRS.
• Hands on experience configuring and fine-tuning ETL workflows for overall data transfer using SSIS.
• Gathering, compiling, modeling, validating, and analyzing healthcare data needed by the company that helps in understanding the current trends in the health care system to make well-informed decisions
• Assisted in developing or enhancing several strategic models to assist in long term planning of the health care system in the company
• Provided analytic support to patient quality improvement teams working in different clinical departments
• Analyze current business processes and governance models related to healthcare technology systems to identify gaps and potentials improvement opportunities
• Aided in development, execution, and maintenance of disaster recovery plans for medical data services.
• Implemented Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various users and business units.
• Handles ad-hoc reports that will enable business for a better decision.
- Healthcare Data Analyst at UHG - Optum
- Senior Clinical Administrative Co-Ordinator at UHG - Optum
- Data Processor at US Bank
- Travel Consultant and Administrative assistant at Addis Travel Services
2 years, 10 months at this Job
• Develop executive level Business Intelligence dashboards utilizing Tableau and Excel to evaluate system performance for the Military Healthcare System (MHS)
• Query, extract, and analyze extremely large data sets from multiple DoD information management tools such as BMC Analytics, Remedy, and vendor-hosted as well as Government-hosted web tools o Report a wide range of system performance and trouble ticket metrics for DoD applications o Responsible for the distribution of multiple weekly and monthly dashboards for multiple program offices within the organization o Collaborate with product teams to design, update, and implement changes as needed to product metrics and data reports
• Develop macros in MS Excel to dramatically decrease turnaround time and increase reporting efficiency o 50% decrease in time to complete weekly and monthly dashboards o Designed a macro which reduced effort spent from one hour per transaction to just under a minute per transaction
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations and present the information in meetings with the government client
• Respond to ad hoc requests and regularly create technical reports on short suspense
• Build and update relational tables in MS Excel and Access
• Utilize advanced logical and statistical functions as well as pivot tables and vlookup, for data clean up and analysis
• Design customer satisfaction surveys and provide response analysis
- Healthcare Data Analyst at Deloitte
- Facilities and Logistics Analyst at Axiom Resource Management
- IT Asset Management Lead at IntelliDyne L.L.C
- IT Asset Management Specialist at Anadarko Industries
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Aerospace Management
Provided analytical and data-driven support for the premier healthcare planning
consultancy firm in the country
• Used AutoCad to manually coordinate room sizes and specialties for Children's Hospital Colorado; building the case to architecturally modify current medical space based on projected volume of visits/cases
• Created and implemented DRG-based bed need model for Yale-New Haven Hospital, to help allocate future resources based on medical specialty and manually designated service lines
• Designed specialty-based operational efficiency models for the Kaiser Permanente medical office buildings in Georgia
• Used Maptitude and other geospatial data analytics tools to create an expansion plan for Reliant Medical Group; illustrating potential growth opportunities in the Central/MetroWest region of Massachusetts
• Facilitated discussions and presentations with executive-level members of multiple nationally accredited healthcare organizations
- Healthcare Data Analyst / Consultant at The Innova Group
- Actuarial Analyst at Neighborhood Health Plan
- Pensions Analyst at Mercer
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Actuarial Science