Maintain and oversee investor capital allocations across all of the firm's hedge funds while working closely with our FinTech service provider.
● Oversee the development of our internal digital warehouse which maintains investor accounts, relationships, fund returns, and other material related to SOX controls.
● Work closely with the relationship managers to address client specific requests when it comes to their investor performance and experience.
● Reviewing audited financial statements for respective hedge funds for the year end audit.
● Perform a large array of reporting duties: forecasting and tracking ERISA levels, estimating fund level returns for our clients, Bad Actor tracking, forecasting fund ownership, assisting clients with DOL 5500 requests, and other ad hoc requests for all various levels of the firm including the highest levels of management.
● Handle oversight of investor fund documentation (subscriptions, redemptions, transfers, exchanges, side letters, etc.)
- Hedge Fund Accountant at OZ Management, Och-Ziff Capital Management
- Fund Accountant at Gemini Fund Services, Northstar Financial Services
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Bachelor's - Economics
• Applied comprehensive knowledge of investment strategies to compile fund accounting reports for a wide range of hedge funds, including equities hedge funds, fund of funds, master feeder structured funds, emerging market funds, and options-based funds.
• Investigated internal differences between the accounting and trade entry systems; and administered pricing the fund portfolios.
• Coordinated with fund managers/custodians quickly obtaining information for calculations and accurately resolving issues.
• Calculated daily, monthly, and quarterly NAVs based on NAV per share, verifying fees and commissions.
• Investigated and resolved cash position breaks between custodians. Accurately posted fund transactions within accounting system.
• Within six months, selected to lead team accountable for providing daily calculation of new client hedge fun, supporting team members and ensuring accurate NAV calculations.
• Issued profit and loss statements and analyzed funds' performance on a daily and monthly basis.
• Designed and implemented procedures to ensure the trial balances for the offshore administrators were reviewed timely and accurately.
• Daily review, of cash balances against custodian/trustee banks providing a timely means of detecting and correcting errors, omissions and/or irregularities.
• Reviewed daily general ledgers and created monthly audit reports for past due income and account reconciliation, reduced average days outstanding on past due interest for funds in unit from 45 days to under 15 days.
• Managed weekly and month end NAV allocation closing process and calculated fees/expenses as well as provide an overview of the fund to the client.
• Daily duties involved reconciling all cash and share transactions to custody, posting trade and cash activity to the ledger, determining dividend rates, converting exchange rates, and calculating the Net Asset Value per shares assigned.
- Hedge Fund Accountant at SS&C Technologies
- Accounts Payable Analyst at Toys "R" Us
- Tax Assistant at Banor Associates LLC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting
• Account Manager on Hedge Fund Accounts which involves the accurate tracking of all the Hedge Funds activities
• Provide client service when they have questions regarding anything related to their accounts
• Bookkeeping on a monthly basis for a variety of different clients
• Collaboration and communication amongst everyone who works on each account
• Extensive use and knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Hedge Fund Accountant at Opus Fund Services, Naperville
- Accounting Intern at Opus Fund Services, Naperville
- Treasurer at Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity
- President at Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
• Create and process Month-end reconciliations based upon net asset value and pricing details
• Prepare cash, currency, and position reconciliations daily for all counterparty accounts, and resolve any cash or position reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Calculate daily fund prices by using Accounting and Financial formulas
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of offshore and domestic fund accounting requirements for alternative funds.
• Work on a small to medium sized team to accomplish daily and month end work for 600+ funds based on client needs.
- Hedge Fund Accountant at SEI INVESTMENTS
- Accounting Specialist at VINCENT LAWN CARE
- Corporate Real Estate/Facilities Intern at VINCENT LAWN CARE
- Accounting Intern at COVENANT CPA, LLP
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
●Manage the day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for one or more client relationships by liaising with different functional teams spread across multiple global service locations.
● Prepare accurate and timely Net Asset Value calculations for an assigned group of hedge funds in accordance with US GAAP. Asset classes can include; equities, fixed income, derivatives, and private investments.
● Supervise and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds.
● Support the on boarding of existing client funds and the launch of new funds.
● Oversee preparation of daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing for a select group of hedge funds.
● Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicate effectively with clients when necessary.
● Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues.
● Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls.
- Hedge Fund Accountant at STATE STREET
- FInancial Analyst at AOL
- Inside Sales Representative at SACRAMENTO RIVER CATS
- Junior Management Intern at DANIEL, RUSSELL, & CHARLES CO
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Corporate Finance
• Responsible for Daily cash entry, position reconciliation, trade confirmations and trade entry.
• Accountable for month-end close, preparing all relevant information, and completing all standard weekly and monthly financial statements, and profit and loss reporting.
• Completion of numerous internal and end-investor ad-hoc reports regarding performance and historic trading analysis
• Interaction with investment managers and prime brokers to resolve questions and reconciliation differences
• Assist with projects necessary to implement more efficient and timely reporting functions.
- Hedge Fund Accountant at Good Hill Partners LP
- Mutual Fund Accountant at BNY MELLON
- Junior Relationship Manager at Citizens Bank
- Foreign Item Processor at Wells Fargo
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Finance
Hedge Fund Accountant at Neuberger Berman
- Fund Accountant at Neuberger Berman
- Fund Accountant II at State Street
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Economics
- Associate of Science - Business Administration
* Prepare reconciliations of fund's cash and investment positions to prime broker/custodian accounts. * Maintain tax lots of investments and record investment level transactions in the Fund's book and record. * Prepare reconciliations of fund cash and investment positions to the prime broker/custodian accounts. * Calculate and accrue all income and expense. (Management fee, Admin fee, Incentive fee) * Liaise with investor service to ensure that all capital transactions are booked and accurate. * Finalize Net Asset Value to send to the investment manager. * Prepare initial draft of fund's annual financial statements with footnotes in accordance with GAAP. * Provide audit assistance with independent audit firms during the fund's annual review.
- Fund Accountant at Advance Fund Administration
- Technical Accountant (Consultant) at Morgan Stanley
- Senior Financial Reporting Specialist at BNY Mellon Asset Servicing
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at Citigroup Hedge Fund Services
9 months at this Job
• Recorded journal entries and maintaining general ledger for assigned partnerships
• Reconciled cash accounts
• Preparation of capital calls and distributions notices to partners
• Maintain a working understanding of the limited partnership agreements(s) and apply the terms to the financial reporting and the income and expense allocations
• Maintain a working knowledge of current accounting principles and developing solutions for issues that affect investment partnerships
• Preparation of financial statements and footnotes
• Allocation of income and expenses to the partners' capital accounts
• Preparation of various management reports for assigned partnerships
- Fund Accountant at MUFG Capital Analytics
- Hedge Fund Accountant at SS&C
- ETF Accountant at Bank of New York Mellon
- Bookkeeper/Payroll at Michaelson's Appliance Repair
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management - Business Management
• Overlook implementation of overall firm strategies
• Execute trades (FX and Futures)
• Enter trades into internal database
• Maintain database, correct errors and back up database hourly
• Create custom queries to examine data
• Confirm our trades with Prime Brokers and Execution brokers
• Reconcile activity to brokerage statement
• Calculate P&L for various managed accounts
• Ensure trades are properly allocated to the various managed accounts
• Experience making sense of economic news and its impact on portfolio
• Review financial statements
• Ensure compliance with brokerage firm (Margin)
• Respond to any administrator or client queries
• Assist CFO with audit related queries and retrieve data in question
- Trader / Fund Accountant at Conquest Capital Group LLC
- Hedge Fund Accountant at US Bank
- Administrative / Disbursing Clerk at UNITED STATES NAVY
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Science - Finance/ Financial Analysis Candidate