• Primary contact for several hedge fund managers
• General ledger/financial statement preparation and accounts payable/receivable reconciliation
• Resolve hedge fund related issues on a daily basis
• Responsible for completing month-end close for several hedge funds
• Book and reconcile all investor transactions for funds
• Reconcile cash accounts on a monthly basis
• Instituted Bloomberg training classes for entire Naperville office Accomplishments Member of Investment Pricing team. Bloomberg trainer. Skills Used Epicore ERP, Bloomberg trainer, maintained General Ledger, and strong Excel skills
- Hedge Fund Accountant at Swiss Financial Services
- Fund Accounting Manager at Northern Trust Company
- Fund Accounting Team Leader at Northern Trust Corp.
- Fund Accountant at Northern Trust Corp.
7 years, 1 month at this Job
- MBA - Financial Planning
- BBA - Accounting, Magna
at this Job
- Master's - Business
Liaise with third party administrator and prime broker of the funds, and ensure timely receipt of monthly NAV. Review and verify the funds expenses and accruals at month-end. Calculate and approve all wire movements from /to Prime broker and funds. Analyze and evaluate daily margin requirements for funds. Tracking and payment of invoices related to the group of funds. Liaise with the fund's auditors and administrators at year-end and ensure annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis. Assist with all regulatory filings during the year for the registered and offshore products Co-ordinate tax-work with the tax administrators: ensuring K-1 estimates and finals are prepared timely, and that tax returns are completed and filed on time.
- Vice President - Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at Oppenheimer Asset Management
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at SS&C Fund Services
- Senior Associate, Hedge Fund Accountant at International Fund Services
- David J. Greene Advisor at
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- BS - Accounting, Economics
Analyzed work papers, related schedules for fund's semi-annual and annual shareholder's financial reports; NQ's, N-CEN and N-PORT for SEC filings. Reviewed semi-annual, annual and quarterly N-CSR Board materials. Quantified daily NAV oversight of accounting data from custodian bank (State Street). Regulated monthly expense budget to maintain appropriate expense accrual levels. Created and maintained excel templets and macros to facilitate the daily Fund of Funds trading process. Supported Deloitte auditors with year-end audits by attending to various inquires and preparing relevant reports. Maintained Fund of Funds trading worksheets including: reconciliation of shares, determined investable cash, computed trade allocations for Portfolio Manager and executed daily trades on a timely basis. Provided legal department with relevant information for annual prospectus reports.
- Supervisor Fund Administration at Lord Abbett & Co LLC
- Hedge Fund Accountant at Bank of Bermuda
- Financial Reporting Analyst / Accountant at Salomon Smith Barney
- Senior Mutual Fund Accountant at Salomon Smith Barney
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Accounting
• Prepared journal entries to record cash, accruals, receivables, payables, fixed asset acquisitions and depreciation, amortization, month end and fiscal year end closing entries on multiple government funds.
• Assisted and prepared ad hoc reporting requirements for the government accounting audit.
• Researched and reconciled numerous general ledger accounts and brought them into the current year.
• Completed multiple projects for the Tribe, including preparing financial statements on a monthly basis for the Tribal Council, a monthly Actual Spending vs Budget report for the Tribal Council, implementation of housing LLCs from one accounting system into the government accounting system while reconciling over 75 general ledger accounts.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining the Tribe's audited annual financial statement, which included the Statement of Net Position, Statement of Activities, the Balance Sheet and Income Statement for major funds, the Statement of Cash Flow, Notes to the Financial Statements, and the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA).
• Setup new processes using advanced excel spreadsheets to significantly reduce time in processing certain tasks, including monthly account postings for generating reports, such as the SEFA.
• Was responsible for reconciling and monitoring over 250 general ledger accounts on a monthly basis as of November.
• Created and sent over ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Accountant at Pasqua Yaqui Tribe / Robert Half Accounting and Finance
- Accountant at Leidos, Inc
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at Citco Fund Services
- Financial Reporting Analyst at Wilmington Trust
10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance - Investment and Banking
Ensure all transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP Prepares monthly profit and loss, and balance sheet reports Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts. Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations. Provides system support for the development, implementation & management of strategies and policies. Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency Gathers and interprets relevant data (fees, performance, demand patterns, contract offers, etc.)
- Senior Financial Accountant at ENT Legends Concerts, LLC
- at State Street Corporation
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at SS & C Globe Ops
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- Business Management Economics, Accounting
• Managed the foreign exchange hedging program to ensure foreign investor monthly returns approximate domestic (USD) investor returns
• Execute Discretionary trades either Electronically or over the phone
• Confirm trade details with prime brokers and resolve any disputes with execution brokers
• Ensure proper allocations across six different accounts
• Reviewed and Approved administrator provided monthly financial statements
• Created custom reports with SQL and simple programs to facilitate job/task completion
• Analyzed economic news to assess the potential impact on the portfolio, orders, Profit/Loss & foreign exchange hedging program
• Review incentive fee and management calculations
• Ensure brokers execute our orders correctly given the various order types we use
• Respond to any trade related discrepancy
• Rate of trade breaks lower by well over 75% during my time here
- Trader / Fund Accountant at Conquest Capital Group LLC
- Hedge Fund Accountant at US Bank
- Administrative / Disbursing Clerk at UNITED STATES NAVY
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Master of Science - Finance/ Financial Analysis Candidate
• Maintain Investor Relations including facilitating investor capital calls and distributions
• Prepare investor reporting and maintain database
• Prepare Partners' Capital Statements and investor roll forward schedules
• Onboard new employees, maintain employee files and initiate employee benefits package
• Review year end audit reports for 15 partnerships
• Manage tenant subleases and property management reporting
• Assist CEO and Partners with any ad hoc reporting
• Report directly to Senior Director of Finance and assist other departments as needed
- Senior Accountant/Analyst at Modern Energy Management, LLC
- Co-Owner and Office Administrator at The Cleaning Authority
- Accounting Supervisor at Athena Real Estate, LLC
- Senior Associate, Private Equity at SS&C Technologies, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Certificate of Studies - Paralegal
- - Accounting
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures. Maintain main cash vault. Ordering cash requirements for hotel operation from the bank and maintain Dunbar cash machine. Prepare, maintain, audit, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Prepare daily consolidated deposits of cash received by all cash handling employees. The document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances. Prepare, maintain, administer and audit all cashier banks and contracts. Assisting the Director of Finance in maintaining records and preparing journal vouchers for special CapEx projects expenses. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports and journal entries as specified. Accounts payables, check invoices, pay monthly operational utility and service bills via P.Card or Peoplesoft accounts payable system. Assist operation & engineering to purchase urgent materials, pay monthly operational service invoices. Assist Kitchen, Banquets and Front desk mini store, by processing food, beverage and liquor purchases and make those payments via P.Card or accounts payable system. Allocate expenses to respective departmental accounting codes in GL. Create and posting journal entries. Maintain operation & maintenance service contract documents, Licenses, and insurance documents. Handled and maintained all documentation, payments, contractual records and reconciliation of the flood insurance claim worth of $2.2 Million at the property in January 2018. Software used: PeopleSoft Financials ERP, On-demand, Excel, Ms office
- General Accountant at Marriott International Inc.
- International Accounting at Advanced Wheels Sales
- Sr. Hedge Fund Accountant (Intermediate Securities Processing Analyst) at CitiGroup
- Branch Manager at Huntington Bank
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- MBA - Finance & Operations
- CPA Preparotory Course - Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Science Degree - Business/Public Administration (4 Years)
* Review investor request, prepared in India * Prepare wire memos for borrowing and funding * Prepare Base borrowing schedule * Review financial statements, and annotate consolidated financial statements * Worked on various projects based on request * Track capital and distributions, review client statements, and process return of capital (ROC) distributions for clients * Send email to investors of reminder of funding projects and management payments.
- Real Estate Fund Analysis Consultant at BLACKSTONE
- Real Estate Fund Analysis Consultant at BLACKROCK
- Senior Hedge Fund Accountant at CITCO FUND SERVICES
- Fund Accountant at COGENT
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Accounting