Fort Wainwright, Alaska 2014 August - Present
Information Technology Specialist (Helpdesk Manager) (Army Career)
• Responsible for the availability of customer services and resources, the validity and creation of user accounts, and management of permissions and roles within Active Directory.
• Knowledge of Information Technology principles, concepts, practices, systems software, database software, and immediate access storage technology to carry out activities.
• Ability to assess and recommend the best course of action on a variety of sources and procedures and methods for systems and applications.
• Knowledge of system requirements and techniques for planning current and future system architecture requirements.
• Knowledge of commonly applied principles, concepts, and methodologies, operating characteristics and capabilities of systems, media, equipment, and related software systems, processes and procedures.
- Information Technology Specialist (Helpdesk Manager) at United States Army
- Information Technology Specialist (Helpdesk & Network Manager) at United States Army
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Network Administration
Manage all Information Services Helpdesk daily functions and its technical personnel. Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases. Provide and manage user support for all company Information Services' software and hardware as needed. Carry out, and assure the proper execution of, department vision and projects as defined by the Vice President of Information Services.
- Helpdesk Manager at Hilldrup Moving and Storage
- Helpdesk Support Technician at Hilldrup Moving and Storage
- Information Technology Infrastructure Support Technician at State of Nebraska, Military Department
- Center Leader and Recruiting NCO (Manager and Technical Advisor) at United States Army
6 months at this Job
- - Marketing
Participated in O365 migration rollout.
● Vendor management. Coordinated and led vendor meeting to address resolve issues, and establish new processes. Found and established credit line and ordering processes with new hardware vendors.
● Monitored an updated ticket queue
● Led weekly status meeting with MSP vendor on ticket count and problem areas
● Participated in weekly conference with Managed Service Vendor to coordinate and resolve issues. Coordinated vendor escalations, and arranged for troubleshooting.
● Worked and coordinated with various vendors to resolve level 4 issues
● Racked, stacked, and assisted in configuration of new networking equipment
● Monitored network and sharepoint traffic for issues involving delays
● Created print queues for the server and coordinated installs for users.
● Setup and arranged use of AV equipment for meetings.
● Tested and evaluated new software for use in production environment
● Led inter-departmental and vendor teams to complete various projects. From June 2017 through June 2018 I took a year off to care for my ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3/2017-6/2017 NAR DSS Project Manager
● DSS lead tech and project manager for North America managing a team of 8 technicians
● VIP support for C level clients and point of escalation for all DSS issues
● Setup and maintained video conferencing systems
● Level 2 and 3 support for the NYC office
- Helpdesk Manager at SK LIFE SCIENCES
- TECHNOLOGY CONSULTANT at RDN assoc
- Senior Desktop Support Technician at PORT AUTHORITY OF NEW YORK NEW JERSEY
- Team Lead at MERRILL LYNCH & COMPANY
5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Computer Science
• Oversee all aspects of on boarding new employees and project based work.
• Analyze complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
• Ensure consistency by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for support issues.
• Report support trends to the IT Operations Manager and/or Director of Technology to make recommendations for Infrastructure changes.
• Document problem solving through use of ticketing system to track and report technical issues.
• Responsible for day to day management of end-user computing support.
• Assisted as needed with low level infrastructure and application project work.
• Assisted users with after hours on-call rotation as needed.
• Responsible for creating and/or following desktop standard deployment practices.
• Performed other projects and assigns duties in an efficient, effective and cost conscious manner, complying with all company policies and procedures.
• Collaborate well with internal departments
• Advocated on behalf of clients, develop creative solutions to problems and internally escalate any concerns and reasonable requests
• Supervised a small helpdesk team
- IT Helpdesk Manager at Rodger's-Obrien Construction
- Communications Technician at Comcast Universal NBC
- Support Specialist at CloudClean
- Project Support / Software Installation Consultant at Uperator
1 year, 2 months at this Job
Tier 1 and Tier 2 support on all aspects of the Focus suite of products − Beta testing/reporting, working directly with our corporate development − Hiring/Training/Scheduling the helpdesk team − Finding/Implementing all tools needed to run the helpdesk
- Helpdesk Manager at FocusCA POS
- Support Analyst at Taco Bell Corporate Office
- Inventory Technician at ePlus Technology, Inc
- Network Specialist at Pakedge Device & Software
2 years, 4 months at this Job
Oversee helpdesk for both internal employees and external clients for United States, Canada, EMEA and APAC Regions. Also involved project work for various IT implementations.
• Managed 6 helpdesk technicians in North America. Collaborated with support teams in EMEA, APAC, and South America.
• Created policy and process for daily operating procedures. This includes attendance policies, imaging process, call handling, and escalation procedures.
• Responsible for monthly reporting directly to the SVP of Operations. Created custom report to include tickets handled, survey results received, call handle time, and other metrics.
• Exchange, Active Directory, McAfee ePo and SCCM administrator.
• Project administration to include brainstorming, research, testing, and some deployment of solutions.
• Application Support of in-house applications. Closely works with developers to assist candidates (end users) with content, logins, and accessing systems.
• Directly responsible for implementation for email migration to Office 365.
• Responsible for global deployment to Office 365 desktop application (Office 2016).
• In-house ticketing system and usage of Service Now for escalated tickets to parent company.
- IT Helpdesk Manager at Lee Hecht Harrison
- Technical and Sales Trainer at Comcast
- Project Manager and Supervisor at CenturyLink
5 years at this Job
- Bachelors - Business Administration
December 2013 - December 2017)
4 years of DoD Enterprise Network IT experience in System Administration, Windows Server 2012, MS Outlook Exchange, Active Directory, Cyber Security and Telecommunications Equipment Troubleshooting.
2ND Marine Division G-6 HelpDesk Manager
• Supervised the creation of Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN) administration at the top of a multi-tier network structure providing reliable support to organization elements exceeding 25,000 users
• Created training curriculums, policies, and procedures to improve oversight across division organization
• Presentation of Network Supports' operational status to senior staff and assistant chief of staff
• SharePoint Site Manager, creating training materials for end users and managing division database.
• Maintained corporate vendor relationship with AT&T for organization Blackberry contract.
• Installed/maintained hardware, along with phasing asset refresh into deployment based on priority
• Monitored network for latency, possible intrusions and overall availability for users.
• Ensured cost management and mitigation of network relative issues via new rules and policies.
• Directed 20 Marines in Help Desk support roles servicing tickets for over 2,000 local key personnel
• Supervised and evaluated performance of support staff with training and instruction on methods and procedures for information assurance strategies.
• Logged and monitored daily workflow and prioritized assignments, providing statistical information to senior leadership on Help Desk tickets status as well as escalating local VIP issues to appropriate tiers.
• Monitor network trends and plan appropriate documentation to make administrative recommendations.
- 2ND Marine Division G-6 HelpDesk Manager at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
4 years at this Job
- - Information Technology
• Manage the help desk team and evaluate performance
• Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
• Recruit, train and support help desk representatives and technicians
• Set specific customer service standards
• Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
• Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
• Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
• Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity
• Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
• Managing project teams, both external suppliers and internal staff
• Project communications, checkpoints meetings, project board meetings and communication plans
• Project planning, resource allocation and monitoring, estimating
- Helpdesk Manager at Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Network Specialist at Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- System Integration Engineer at Lower Hudson Regional Information Center
- Stinger Missile Technician at Army National Guard
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- M.A. - Executive Leadership
- B.S. - Business Administration
- A.A.S. - Computer Electronics Technology
NY (Nassau County)
• Receive incoming service requests via phone and email giving support and training to users on various software applications.
•Monitor and follow up calls in help desk queue
• Monitor and follow up calls in email queue
• Monitor and maintain networks. Making sure network connectivity is continuous and secure. Assist users with troubleshooting of Cisco and Alcatel phone system
• Provide resolution and assistance with various Microsoft operating system related problems
• Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: Lotus Notes, MS Office, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Antivirus and other supported proprietary applications and systems.
• Log all calls into SDE Call Tracking System.
• Remote in with Microsoft remote desktop or using dameware and assist users with pc issues.
• Document and assign call tickets to related IT groups for further support
• Working with all Dell, Mac, industry standard pc's and troubleshooting/installing various hardware /software. Networking Hardware
• Network cabling projects throughout Nassau County (working on multiple projects cabling (All New Nassau County Police precincts, District Attorney office, County Clerks etc. Running cable though ceilings and walls, punching down jacks, installing and connecting cables to patch panels, installing wall plates, verifying and certifying lines, reset Active Directory user accounts, Novell and Mainframe passwords for users. Mainframe Wiring mainframe Z10 to network. Experience with running various mainframe commands.
- Helpdesk Manager at Nassau County
- Break Fix Service Technician at Nexicore Services Inc
- Level II Help desk Support at Access Staffing (assignment @ Cablevision)
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- - communication
• Provide systems administration support for Windows systems including server and workstation upgrades, backup and disaster recovery monitoring, user account setup and security administration
• Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve a range of software, hardware and connectivity issues
• Excel in asking probing questions and researching, analyzing and rectifying problems
• Assist in managing complex projects from the beginning all the way through to the completion stage
• Maintain user accounts, file system security, printing and remote access troubleshooting
• Earned solid reputation for resolving complex issues and providing exceptional customer service.
• Experience with using ManageEngine ticketing system
• Manages a team of 7 team members
• Handle all company assets including tracking and procurement
• Handle all company cellular devices
• Office 365 and SharePoint 365 Administrator
• Ensure proper installation of cables, operating systems and software
• Refer major hardware and software problems and defective products to vendors or technicians for service
• Train users in the proper use of hardware or software
• Follow internal procedures for change management, incident management and escalation
• Escalate unresolved issues to appropriate level
• Provide after-hours support for applications and project efforts when needed
- Helpdesk Manager at TVS Supply Chain Solutions North America, Inc.
- Shipping Clerk at Sunnen Products Co
- Owner Operator at Athena's
- Aircraft Systems Examiner at U.S. Navy
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Computer Science - Information Systems and Cybersecurity
- Associates of Computer Science - Computer Science